Hold Me 3: About Her

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hold Me 3: About Her

BGM: Tablo Feat Bumkey - From The Bottom

 

Park Sooyoung or else known as Lee Sooyoung opened her eyes and there she was again at an unfamiliar house.

She went down and saw a man that she only sees on magazines before everything changes and now he is her dad.

Lee Sooman was now sitting at the far end of the dining table waiting for her to eat.

She forced a tight-lipped smile towards the unfamiliar woman who kept on trying to ask her whether she should give a ride for Joy to go to a school.

Just the way a mom would treat her daughter.

“How was your day, yesterday?”

It was terrible..every day was terrible.

“It was fine.” She said straight to the point while munching her dishes trying to get through another awkward breakfast.

“I will send you to school.” Her ‘father’ said.

“Don’t.” Joy responded albeit too loudly which earned a glare from the woman sitting on the table with them.

“Sooyoung..” She sternly reprimanded her.

“I don’t want the attention. I have enough of it.”

“You are my daughter Lee Sooyoung.”

She don’t want this. Her name is Park Sooyoung and it will forever be that way.

“I’m also a high school student. Jaebal. Just let me walk to house starting this day onwards. I will practice harder on my singing.”

Nobody knows this but being so suddenly adopted into a house one month after she lost my parents were something unthinkable. He claimed he likes her voice and would like to offer her a protection. He will also give her sister proper education but she must live with him and his wife.

He had claimed he knew Joy's dad which her grandma reaffirmed once she called the owner of the largest entertainment company as “Soo Manniee.”

A friendly and endearing term which only a close person would be called by.

“From now on, you are my daughter. As long as you remain as my daughter, I will take care of your family.” He offered his right hand for a handshake.

He wanted to adopt Joy but frankly it felt like a business deal. She felt like her soul was sold to a devil disguise in human form but she decided to go with him in an exchange with a full funding to secure her little sisters a proper education.

She remembers the first time she steps into the mansion. She knows that her life will be miserable as the old woman seemingly the lady of the house welcome Sooyoung into her arms.

Her tears welling up at the sight of Sooyoung.

She don’t understand why…

“I always wanted a daughter…” She said.

She don’t think she can ever be one for her… so she muttered a soft “sorry..”

She missed her mom.

She wanted to go back. She wanted to see her little sisters and annoys the hell out of them and what about her sickly and old grandmother. Who is going to help her?

But if she goes back there, it will be tough on them financially.

So she didn’t as she bites her tongue every night holding back her tears.

Until this very day, the house felt nothing like home to her. It was cold and almost have no warmth in it.

Park

Or she might as well called herself as a full fledge Lee now.

Just like that, a drop of tear fell unwillingly on her cheek. She quickly wiped it off.

“I know it is hard for you to accept us but I want you to understand your parents were a great friend of mine. You feel like a daughter to me when I see you again and you have the voice…”

“I know appa.” Sooyoung nodded but her heart was defiant.

She hated every single cell of her body for calling someone else as her appa.

There is only one appa in her life.

And that appa was the one who will said ‘omo..omo..omo..’ whenever she tried to rebel.

This was not him.

***

Joy used to have this one huge crush on her basketball sunbae and surprisingly he was interacting more with her these past few months. It could be because what happen to her was drastic and people pity her but she decided not to be miserable at least in school or in front of people. So, she smiled brightly.

He was honestly very cool and she kept on having this little spazzing moment by herself or she will hit her girlfriends if they are ever present during some of the swoon-worthy movement he made towards her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter