Kim Nayoung

The Little Mermaid

"Hi, Dokyung~"

Dokyung looked by the side and greeted her classmate. She went closer to Dokyung and smiled at the tall woman.

"You're really cute, Dokyung." She grinned.

"Uh...thanks." Dokyung smiled and her classmate pats her.

“Enough with the patting…” A woman came and got the said hand off of Dokyung and replaced her own.” She’s not cute. She’s y.”

"Don't sneak like that, Kim Nayoung." She commented.

"Make me." Nayoung raised an eyebrow. "Get lost."

Dokyung's classmate went off and Dokyung was left with the said woman. She sighed. "That was rude."

"Mind me, Dokyung-ssi." Nayoung commented. "But no one would dare to flirt on you."

"What?" Dokyung was confused.

"Don't question it. Because I only get to flirt you." Nayoung winked.

Nayoung left Dokyung and the charming woman was as confused as ever. 

+++

Dokyung was walking around the campus as some students who admire the girl were walking behind her. Dokyung went by the vending machine and Nayoung was there, handing her a drink. 

"Here, pretty." Nayoung winked.

Dokyung could only accept it as she thought of the bullty convention she had heard from the students about Nayoung.

Her full name was Kim Nayoung. She was the school director's distant niece and the most notorious in the group. She involved in bigger riots than other ijins did and her looks could kill and her actions were reckless if she was provoked. She was also obsessive and quite elusive, especially when her squad interact with other girls or when some people admire Dokyung from a distance.

And seeing the crowd behind her triggered Nayoung. She shoos them off with her glare and they ran like little ants. Nayoung came back to Dokyung's attention, delivering a smile.

Dokyung was about to talk when another of her classmates came to Dokyung's direction. She greeted the two and talked to Dokyung about a certain assignment.

“Hey, text me the answers for the assignment, got it?” Nayoung said and she nodded.

Nayoung shoos her off and Dokyung sighed of the attitude she was seeing on Nayoung and she didn't like it one bit.

"Nayoung, that was rude." Dokyung said.

"But it's for your sake, pretty." Nayoung said and patted Dokyung's hair gently. "Say...have lunch with me."

"Keep the delinquent self to a minimum. Only then I'll have lunch with you." Dokyung said.

"Deal." Nayoung grinned.

Dokyung went ahead as Nayoung was on her side, sneaking a way to hold Dokyung's hand. 

"Behave." Dokyung mumbled as she got Nayoung's hand off.

+++

Nayoung was watching Dokyung from a distance and her eyes couldn't avert from the woman. A fellow student she knew was teasing her.

"Who knew the delinquent has this infatuation towards the charming Shim Dokyung?"

“Aish, this kid…” Nayoung bugs her. “You’re right, though. Dokyungie is the prettiest and the hottest person I’ve seen.”

"Heol...Dokyungie?" She laughed.

"Laugh again and your dead." Nayoung glared.

The student stopped and went off. Dokyung was coming to her direction and Nayoung felt her world slow down and her eyes focusing on the charming woman. She felt like her eyes were developing hearts by now.

"Nayoung?"

"Huh?" Nayoung asked as she shook her head. "Uh...hey, Dokyung."

"Are you alright?" Dokyung asked.

"Yes." Nayoung gained composure. "Let me take you out."

Dokyung wondered of the gesture but then she nodded.

+++

Nayoung was chilling by the kiosks until one student was sitting beside her, calling at someone. Nayoung sighed and sat down but as she heard a name and ended the call, Nayoung jolted up and stopped the student.

“What the-how did you get her number?” Nayoung asked.

"Well, Nayoung-ssi. Dokyung and I are representatives for a contest." She answered.

"Give me her number. Now." Nayoung demanded.

The student couldn't refute against the delinquent Nayoung. She shared the number and Nayoung managed to save Dokyung's number and went on.

A part of her was cheering as she decided to text her.

+++

From: UNKNOWN

Get enough rest. Make sure you wash up and got things ready for tomorrow. Good night, my Dokyungie… *chu* - Nayoung

Dokyung looked at that certain message and facepalmed herself as she lets out a sigh.

"Jeez, this delinquent..." She hissed and puts her phone on the table.

Dokyung decided to sleep it off and hoped of a day wherein Nayoung won't bug her this time.

+++

It was another day and Dokyung was talking with friends. She would've thought it would be a peaceful day but as she saw a person deawing nearer, she thought it was all so wrong.

"Great. Nayoung again." Dokyung sighed.

“This sight sure is interesting.” Nayoung inched closer, stealing a peck on Dokyung’s forehead. “Mind if I join?”

The conversation went too long and were too forced due to Nayoung. As soon as they finished, Nayoung pulles Dokyung to come with her. Dokyung was a bit frustrated but she noticed that Nayoung becomes a good girl when she was with her. Dokyung saw the sincerity of her actions that she decided to come with her.

Dokyung sighed. It was going to be a long day.

+++

Another day passed and Dokyung got to her locker. She looked on all corners before opening her locker. After getting some things, she closes it and it greeted by the delinquent leaning by the other lockers.

"Morning, pretty." Nayoung waved.

"Morning, Nayoung." Dokyung mumbled. "Now that you've seen me, can I go now?"

Dokyung didn't wait for an answer as she went off. Nayoung didn’t want her to go. She wanted to spend another day with her. Nayoung held Dokyung's hand.

"Let go, Kim Nayoung." Dokyung spoke.

Nayoung sighed and lets her pass. Dokyung bowed and went on. She was pissed at herself as she exhaled.

She needs to work on her social skills.

+++

Dokyung was relieved from her back pain and faced another day of school with ease. Nayoung wasn't around her peripherals and she calmed a bit. She went to the booth to buy a drink when she was greeted by a tackle hug.

“Dokyung!” It was her three classmates.

“What’s up?” Dokyung gave them hi-fives. “How you’ve been?”

“Great. I got to hand it to, Dokyung, the delinquent Nayoung is all over you.” One smirked.

“Haha.” Dokyung pats her cheek lightly. “I’m actually relieved that she's gone low."

“We miss you, Dokyungie~” Another hugged her.

“Sh! Nayoung could be lurking around. No provoking, remember?!” The third reprimanded.

“Aish, toss that aside.” Dokyung said. “Come on. Let’s eat!”

+++

At the canteen, the four friends got to enjoy eating their snacks. As Dokyung was eating her granola bar, she saw another crowd. Dokyung got a glimpse and saw Nayoung. Dokyung finished her snack and stood up. “Let’s go.”

The four nodded and followed Dokyung when Dokyung’s arm was restricted. Dokyung sighed and faced the person, only to be greeted by a peck on the nose, making the crowd squeal.

“Hey, baby…” Nayoung grinned, caressing her hair. “It’s been a while.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Dokyung said. “What is it now?”

“Spend the day with me again,” said Nayoung.
Dokyung just sighed as she joined them in the table again, bidding her classmates goodbye.

+++

Dokyung was rushing to go home to avoid the sight of Nayoung. Her phone was buzzing and ringing due to their texts and calls and Dokyung would’ve thought of throwing her phone to her dismay. She huffed and got to the exit when a riot happened outside.

“Where did you get a picture of my Dokyungie??”

Dokyung froze as she knew that voice.

Dokyung got closer to the riot and saw Nayoung having a fight with a middle high-schooler. Dokyung huffed and went there slowly. The crowd who witnessed it were worried for Dokyung yet they didn’t dare to interfere. Dokyung made her presence clear to the two and they stopped fighting.

“Dokyung-ssi~” The middle high-schooler greeted.

Nayoung gritted her teeth and wanted to punch her face again when Dokyung’s back faced her and her hand was on Nayoung’s chest. Nayoung’s heart beated quickly of that touch and she calmed…for Dokyung’s sake.

“May I see that picture, Jieun-nim?” Dokyung asked.
Jieun nodded in defeat and showed the picture to Dokyung.

Dokyung’s eyes dilated, seeing an image of her as she played catch. Dokyung looked at the middle-high schooler with disappointment. “Why did you have this?”

“I admire you, Dokyung-ssi.” Bang Jieun confessed. “I admire you like almost everyone here. Believe me, even the seniors admire you.”

“Thank you…but I’m keeping this, thanks.” Dokyung smiled then faced Nayoung. “You shouldn’t have done that, Nayoung. It’s disrespectful. Now make peace.”

Nayoung had to do it for Dokyung. She and Jieun made peace as the crowd lessened. Jieun saw Dokyung’s angry look and made a run for it. Dokyung checked her picture and sighed. She didn’t look bad, right?

She faced Nayoung and huffed. Nayoung saw that Dokyung was disappointed. “I’m sorry, Dokyungie.”

“Yeah, yeah…never thought you were this notorious, Nayoung. They were right about you.”

Dokyung reached to check on Nayoung. Nayoung’s heart pounded, admiring Dokyung’s beauty so close. She would’ve wanted to kiss her right here, right now, but she’ll be dead to Dokyung if she does that.
And the hold of Dokyung’s hand on hers was the best thing she felt. “Come on. Let me mend your wounds."

+++

“I would be sending you to the clinic but the nurse might send you to the principal’s office afterwards.” Dokyung mumbled as she placed the last bandage on Nayoung’s cheek. “I may be decent with riots but you did it out of some factors so I don’t mind.”

Nayoung loved this feeling so much. She felt soft, she felt safe, and she felt loved. Dokyung finished mending Nayoung’s face and Nayoung grinned.

"Thank you, baby…”

“Aish, stop that.” Dokyung hissed. “Just don’t get into fights again.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Nayoung nodded.

“Here.” Dokyung gives the picture of her. “I bet you’ve punched Bang Jieun because of this. Keep it or throw it, depends on you.”

Dokyung bids her goodbye and Nayoung just waved back. As she watches Dokyung from a distance, she looked at the picture. She wowed of Dokyung’s beauty. She placed it closer to her chest as she thought…

Could this be love?

+++

Dokyung may be dubbed as a popular student for her charms but with admirers come haters. Dokyung was eating peacefully when someone messed her uniform, pouring milk by her head. Dokyung would've kicked their asses but they made a run for it.

"Aish!"

"Dokyung." Nayoung came in and wiped her with a hanky. “Who did this to you? Point them out.” Nayoung demanded.

Dokyung pointed to the running rascals and Nayoung went after them, kicking their asses and running away like the cowards they are. She then went back to Dokyung who changed onto an extra shirt and got worried again.

"Are you okay?" Nayoung asked.

"Yes. Thanks back there." Dokyung smiled.

"Anything for you, pretty." Nayoung smiled.

"Say...want to grab a burger with me?"

"Say no more." Nayoung wrapped her long arm around Dokyung and they went out together.

+++

Nayoung was shooing those admirers as they all wait for Dokyung to arrive. Nayoung didn't like their presences and forced them to sit down.

“Show’s over, es.” Nayoung spoke.

Dokyung arrived and Nayoung reached to hug her. Dokyung chuckled and hugged back, making Nayoung's heart pound out of love.

It was a conclusion that she was in love with Dokyung.

+++

A student was taking a picture of Dokyung when Nayoung snatched her phone and shared the picture to herself and deleted it from the student's phone after sharing.

The student got her phone back and Nayoung chuckled. She saw Dokyung wave at her and Nayoung grinned and got to her direction.

This was the best day she ever had.

+++

Dokyung cringed as she got chased. She was katsaridophobic and some bullies got a container of cockroaches. Dokyung ran faster as the bullies caught up, getting ready to toss the container

“What the did I do?!!” Dokyung asked angrily.

“You are a nuisance, getting everyone’s attention.” One said. “How about we pay you with this?”

The container went open and the cockroaches were tossed towards Dokyung. Dokyung got tossed by two containers, the gross insects touching her.

Dokyung screamed then triggered as she got the insects off of her and killed them by stomping on each. As all of them died, she stood up and faced the two, giving the deadliest look anyone has ever seen.

Everyone witnessed it and they cowered. Dokyung looked deadly; the two bullies almost shat their skirts. Dokyung clenched a fist and charged at them, pinning them on the walls with her arms. Everyone was shocked of Dokyung, not even the decent ones can approach her.

Nayoung witnessed it and she was shocked. Then she got mad.

“Those jerks!” Nayoung gritted her teeth and went to the commotion.

Everyone gasped of Nayoung’s bravery as she stopped Dokyung when she cowered.

“D-Don’t touch me!!” Dokyung pushed Nayoung off and cowered.

Nayoung was shocked of seeing Dokyung like that. She almost cried, seeing her Dokyungie all scared and dismantled. She cringed of the dead cockroaches by the side as Dokyung cried and crouched as she saw them.

“What the did you do?!” Nayoung faced the two and pinned them again, almost getting them concussions. “Do you realize what you’ve done?!!”

The bullies ran and Nayoung went back to Dokyung. She cried of Dokyung’s state as she cowered like a paranoid child. Nayoung went to her and reached for her arms.

“Dokyungie…it’s going to be okay…” Nayoung held her hand and Dokyung cowered again.

“Dokyungie…” Nayoung said again, almost in the brink of tears. “It’s okay…they’re dead and those bullies are gone…”

Dokyung didn’t stop crying. With that, she fainted. Everyone grew worried for her. Nayoung was nudging Dokyung to wake up like everybody did and carried her to the clinic as everyone followed.

+++

Nayoung waited outside the clinic. She was worried, pacing around the halls as she grew angry at those bullies that provoked Dokyung’s fear. The nurse got out as Nayoung rushed.

“How is she?” Nayoung asked.

“She’s fine. She just needed time to calm down. Her fear triggered her heart rate that she fainted. Also, I’ve observed that Dokyung’s been starving herself for she lost almost 4kg.”

Nayoung rushed inside and went to check on Dokyung, falling asleep. Nayoung sighed, holding her hand tenderly. She felt Dokyung fidget, seeing her waking up. Dokyung opened her eyes and saw a worried Nayoung.

“Hey, baby…” Nayoung caresses her cheek.

Dokyung would’ve cussed at Nayoung for that call but her body and mind were tired so she lets it slip for now.

“Hey.” Dokyung closed her eyes again as Nayoung eases her head.

“I’m so happy you’re okay…” Nayoung held her hand close to her face.

“What happened to me?” Dokyung asked, also formulating something. “Was I provoked of my fear?”

Nayoung could only nod. Dokyung sighed and puts a hand on her forehead as Nayoung tackled her for a hug. Dokyung froze, feeling Nayoung’s long arms keeping her safe and warm.

“I was so worried when you raged and cowered in front of us…in front of me…” Nayoung pats her head. “I cried of you, Dokyungie…I felt like dying seeing you afraid…” Nayoung huffed, bearing her tears as she hugged Dokyung tighter. “Oh, my poor Dokyungie…”

Dokyung exhaled as she lets Nayoung hug her. Nayoung caressed her hair and kissed her forehead. “I’ll make those ers pay for what they did to you.”

“Nayoung, don’t.” Dokyung mumbled. “I don’t want you to get into trouble again.”

“It’s okay. It’s a thing I’ve lived with.” Nayoung said. “I will avenge you, my Dokyungie…”

Dokyung sighed as she didn’t have time to deal with fusses and slept on Nayoung’s shoulder. Dokyung felt calm for Nayoung’s approach. For Nayoung, she smiled and stayed with Dokyung for a while.

+++

Dear Diary

I couldn't believe that there are people who want to ruin you. I couldn't even believe that even the people with the hardest of hearts had the softest heart towards others.

That was ont thing I observed with Nayoung. It makes her cute and lovable.

Shim Dokyung

"Dokyungie!" Nayoung waved and went closer. "Let's go."

"Okay." Dokyung nodded and followed her.

+++

Dear Diary

Shim Dokyung is everything. She means the whole world to me. It’s typical of me to say these flowery words and feel these mushy emotions but with Dokyungie, I felt safe and loved. With Dokyungie, I knew love, I knew how to be soft, and I knew when to be strong and when to be weak.

I love Dokyungie. I will avenge her, protect her, and love her till my last breath…

Kim Nayoung

Nayoung had been a sourpuss lately. With Dokyung around, she would do all means to have her time, which would almost lead to arguments with the members, even a physical riot with students. But Nayoung had to keep her cool for Dokyung. For her, she’s doing everything for Dokyung.

But sometimes, even the coolest of things can heat up and melt unto oblivion and destruction.

“You.” Nayoung saw a middle high-schooler talking with Dokyung. “What’s your business with Dokyungie?”

“Nayoung, please…” Dokyung sighed. “We were just talking about me joining the dance club.

“All the same...” Nayoung mumbled. “I’m staying with you until you’re done.”

Dokyung sighed and had to finish the talk quickly. As it ended, she faced a grumpy Kim Nayoung.

“Stop that, Nayoung. It doesn’t suit you.” Dokyung said.

Nayoung changed her expression instantly. Dokyung wondered of Nayoung’s actions sometimes but then, she lets the slip, knowing Nayoung that she’s really ruthless if provoked.

“Eat with me.” Nayoung asked her out.

Dokyung nodded and Nayoung was the happiest woman in school as she and Dokyung went out of the campus together.

+++

Dokyung was talking with a friend. From a distance, Nayoung was carrying a bag of treats for Dokyung when she found her with that person. And somehow, Nayoung cringed.

“Lee Kyureum.” Nayoung mumbled.

“Kim Nayoung.” Kyureum mumbled back.

Dokyung faced her back and greeted Nayoung. Nayoung smiled seeing Dokyung as she gave the bag to her. “For you...”

Dokyung wondered and was about to get it when Kyureum stopped her. “Don’t, Dodokyu.”

Nayoung was losing her cool. But she prayed not to…for Dokyung… “Is there a problem, Kyureum?”

“You are the problem, Nayoung.” Kyureum said.

“Kyureum-“

“You’re giving my best friend a hard time. Why can you just leave her alone?” Kyureum spat, shielding Dokyung.

“Yah, Kyureum!” Dokyung reacted. "Nayoung has changed. She's a good person and she means well.”

“The bugging is getting into your nerves, Dokyung.” Kyureum said back. “She's holding you back.

“What did you say?!” Nayoung was losing it again.

“Nayoung!” Dokyung stops her. “Don’t…"

Nayoung was about to cry of this. She can’t lose her cool in front of Dokyung. She just can’t.

“Dokyungie…” Nayoung holds her hand.

“Get away from her.” Kyureum hissed, protecting her best friend.

“Stop it, you two.” Dokyung demanded. “Please…"

Nayoung nodded. Dokyung faces her. “Nayoung, can we spend time some other day?"

“Dokyungie-"

“You heard her.” Kyureum spat. “You can leave now.”

“Kyureum!” Dokyung scolds her.

Nayoung couldn’t be stopped as she raged herself in front of Kyureum, clenching her collar. Dokyung stopped this. 

“Watch your words, Kyureum!” Dokyung scolded. “Nayoung, you need to go."

She nodded. Kyureum and Nayoung glared at each other before their called it quits.

“Dokyung, you should stop spending time with them. They’re just nuisances in your life. You’re in a tight predicament because of them.”

That mumbled was heard by Nayoung and there was chaos.

Kyureum saw a raging Kim Nayoung but she gasped when she was pushed off. For Nayoung, it was too late.

Dokyung was hit by her punch, falling onto the concrete like a helpless child.

“Dokyungie!” Kyureum went to help Dokyung. “Are you-“

They gasped as Dokyung got a big bruise by her face. She hissed in pain but she regained her composure. Kyureum was about to rage at Nayoung for what she had done but Dokyung stopped her.

“Don’t…” Dokyung huffed as she holds her bruised face. “Nayoung didn’t mean to hit me. It was an accident.”

“D-Dokyungie…” Nayoung tears up. “Dokyungie-I’m so sorry-“

“Just…” Dokyung stops her. “…leave me alone…”

Dokyung left. Kyureum hissed at Nayoung and went with Dokyung.

“Dokyungie!” Nayoung wanted to run but she froze.

Nayoung was paranoid as her legs could only take her away dejectedly.
She could never forgive herself. She needed to talk to Dokyung again. She had to…

+++

Nayoung, she had gone scared and worried. Not only that, she had to get scowls of disappointment from classmates for what she had done. Nayoung would’ve respected Dokyung’s decision of leaving her alone but not with a dirty conscience. She had to talk to her and ask for her forgiveness.

As the class ended, Nayoung stayed behind, waiting for everyone to get out. She was praying Dokyung would stay behind as well. Thank the heavens, everyone left except for her and Dokyung. Nayoung grabbed this opportunity to talk to her.

“Dokyungie…”

Dokyung turned around and there was Nayoung. Dokyung sighed and ignored her.

“Dokyungie…” Nayoung went closer.

“What have I told you about leaving me alone?” Dokyung faced her.

“Dokyungie, please…” Nayoung reached for her hand. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

That thought traumatized Dokyung. Nayoung may be notorious but she found her the sweetest. But when she saw Nayoung’s true color, she grew scared. Then again, she forgave Nayoung for what she done and she knew Nayoung didn’t mean to. After all, she protected her best friend and what Kyureum said was insulting.

“Dokyungie…” Nayoung hugs her from the back. “I’m so sorry. I would never mean to hurt you…”

“Why? Why did you try to punch Kyureum?” Dokyung asked, facing her.

“I was provoked of what she said about me and my members.” Nayoung said honestly.

“I apologize for Kyureum. She’s just protective.” Dokyung said.

“Dokyungie…” Nayoung spoke again. “Am I a nuisance to you?”

“Sometimes, Nayoung.” Dokyung had to be honest. “You are a pain sometimes…but I don’t mind. You know…” Dokyung faces her. “You mean a lot to me, Nayoung.”

Nayoung hugged her tight. Dokyung gasped as she heard Nayoung cry. She never thought the most notorious person had the softest heart.

“I’m so sorry, Dokyungie…” Nayoung sobbed. “I’m not going to hurt you ever again…”

Dokyung pats her back. “I know you won’t…”

Nayoung faces her and gave Dokyung a passionate kiss. Dokyung froze, her heart thumping quickly. Nayoung broke and kissed her forehead this time.

“I love you…”

“N-Nayoung…”

“I love you, Dokyungie…” Nayoung pecks her bruised cheek. “I will protect you…and I will never let anyone hurt you…"

+++

Nayoung raged off. She was cuddled by Dokyung yesterday but now, she left. The cozy warm feeling was gone and replaced with a longing feeling for Dokyung to return. Dokyung had dreams. Nayoung loved her too much she lets her be happy.

But she wasn't. Days without Dokyung will never be the same again.