Shin Bora

The Little Mermaid

Shim Dokyung never thought she could start junior high school, seeing many students in one room. It was much a sight she had to get used to. She was in an all-girls school and most of them thought she was normal that looked like a goddess sent from the heavens above.

Dokyung sighed as she read a book to ignore such talks and other sounds that felt tingly to her soul. Just as she was about to read her first book, The Little Mermaid, she felt presences around her. She looked up and she froze, seeing a girl in front of her.

Dokyung wondered as she felt a hold by her arm and she gazed back to a red-haired girl who was holding that hand, even squeezing it, making Dokyung flinch.

“Hi, Dokyungie~” She greeted.

Dokyung couldn't say anything back when the bell rang, telling her senses that it was time for class. The red-haired girl went back to her seat as you face another day learning, at least that's what the typical person would say about school.

+++

Dokyung was by the fields, listening to her favourite playlist of songs fit for dances. Despite of the vibe she was having due to her jam, the sight of those nine girls had to disrupt her environment.

Dokyung made friends with some students and they have spared the details on the red-haired girl.

Her name is Shin Bora; Hana as they call her. She was their class President, a real leader. Some say she had the rock for a heart and pitch-black obsidian as her soul. She only cared for herself. But according to them, she had a spot for Dokyung.

Dokyung disregarded that thought and continued to listen to her music. Dokyung noticed some frienda coming closer when Hana got to her first. Dokyung sighed inside her head.

"Hi, Dokyungie, my wife~" Hana grinned.

Dokyung was shocked. Hana giggled and sat next to her. 

“You're so pretty.” Hana grinned and pulled Dokyung closer to herseld. “Even your hands are pretty, Dokyungie~”

Dokyung found it crazy. How can she be admired by this woman? Nonetheless, Dokyung chuckled and thanked Hana. 

“So you're the President Shin Hana." Dokyung said. "I never thought we'd meet each other like this.”

“Come to lunch with me Dokyungie~~” Hana offered.

Dokyung nodded. Hana pulled her up and they went to the canteen.

For Dokyung, she was predicting that this was going to be a long day.

Lunch was extravagant. A lot of girls looked at one table: a table where Hana sat with the goddess Shim Dokyung. Dokyung had talks with Hana and when Dokyung got up to get her lunch, Hana followed. As they got their trays full and ready to dig in, they had a wonderful lunch.

After that, classes went on like the usual and when it was time to go home, Hana follows Dokyung quietly to get a glimpse of her before she got on a bus home.

Later, Hana walked quietly back home. Later, she was squealing of a day with Shim Dokyung. She thought Dokyung was the cutest as she got her picture of an eating Dokyung, cheeks all puffy for stuffing with a lot of rice. Not only that, she got Dokyung's number.

And then she decided to text her.

+++

At her home, Dokyung was laying on her bed, preparing to get some sleep. As she closes her eyes, her phone was ringing a couple of times. She went to get her phone and got a message.

From: President Shin

Hi, baby Dokyungie~ Have a good night <3 

Dokyung sighed and just went to bed, expecting another long day.

+++

Dokyung was relieved for now. Hana was busy with the group activity as much as she was, talking with her members. The students admires Dokyung for her hard-work and for helping her team in times of little troubles. They finished with theirs as they put the papers on one folder, with their leader sorting them.

Hana's group was also done. The two groups waited for the others to finish as Hana went to Dokyung and pulled her outside. Dokyung didn't do anything but follow.

"What is it?" Dokyung asked.

“You're wondering of my approach, right?” Hana asked. “If you are, I'll tell you about myself. But before that, I'd like to know more about you.”

Dokyung scratched her head and Hana thought she was the cutest. Hana asked the typical questions and Dokyung would answer. As the rest of the groups finished, it was time to go. Hana and Dokyung’s groups arranged their seats, got their stuff, and went out. Dokyung was ready to go home when Hana came into view. Dokyung would've avoided but then, she came to her direction.

+++

Dokyung was by her locker, fixing her things all while getting her favourite book. As she unlocks the door of her locker, she gasped seeing a presence behind her. Dokyung sighed. Hana is at it again.

“Yes?” Dokyung asks

“You didn’t reply to my texts.” Hana said. “What happened?"

“I got tired, that’s all.” Dokyung said, averting her gaze.

"Okay. Mind me." Hana said.

“Can I go now? I have something to do.” Dokyung said.

Hana didn't want her to go but she didn't stop Dokyung from going to class. Hana sighed and decided to catch up.

+++

Dokyung was fixing herself in the comfort room. As she got out, she was shocked when a crowd was in front of her. Dokyung took a peek and there was Hana. Dokyung shrugged it off and went on when…

“Dokyungie~” Hana saw her and called her.

. Dokyung thought.

Dokyung huffed and turned around slowly and Hana got to hug her. Dokyung saw the crowd squealing as she almost forgot she had her little fandom and how could they not admire Hana too? She was pretty.

“Weird. What's with the hug?” Dokyung asked her.

“I just want to. And I'm left here, bored.” Hana pouted.

“Okay…” Dokyung nodded. “I’m heading to the library to read a book. Do you want to come with me??"

Hana nodded instantly. Dokyung would’ve averted herself to avoid any bother but she didn’t want Hana to wander off, doing nothing. It was weird of her to do that but she didn’t get used to Hana being all alone.

Besides, how bad can it be?

At the library, Dokyung and Hana shared a table. Dokyung resumed reading ‘The Little Mermaid’ while Hana got a book on Visuals. Hana would gaze on Dokyung, focusing on her book. Hana bit her lip lightly, finding Dokyung so pretty. She looked at her hands and she saw how clean they were, her nails trimmed perfectly and there might be little veins building up but Hana saw it as a sign of hotness and maturity.

Hana went back to her book again and read a topic on how Visuals have such wonderful shoulders. Hana looked at Dokyung’s and noticed the sleeves fit on her arm like she was a muscular person. And when Dokyung stretched, showing that muscle, Hana hid her face out of embarrassment because she was blushing hard.

“Hana?” Dokyung called and Hana looked up, seeing the goddess Dokyungsus.

Dokyungie~ don’t look at me like that. I’ll fall in love with you… <3

“That’s a neat book you have.” Dokyung said. “I stopped reading mine since my eyes are a bit tired.”

“Let’s read this together~” Hana said.

Dokyung nodded and made the motion to sit next to Hana, causing the red-haired girl’s heart to beat fast. Dokyung and Hana had little distance as they read. Hana and Dokyung even had little talks and Hana thought this was the best feeling with Dokyung. She flipped the page and saw a topic on how Visuals have wonderful hands.

Hana gulped and held Dokyung’s hand. Dokyung reacted lightly and felt Hana’s hands on that hand, examining it and holding it tenderly.

“Just like in the book, your hands are so pretty and soft…” Hana giggled lightly.

“Hmm…yours too, Hana.” Dokyung also held hers. “Pretty and soft...”

Dokyung’s hold on her hand made Hana’s heart grow wings. Hana and Dokyung continued reading and enjoying each other’s company as Hana’s hold on Dokyung’s hand went even tenderer.

Hana loved this and her heart was in sync with her feelings.

Could this be love?

+++

A lot of students in one class were waiting by the door for a special someone. For Hana, she smacked the heads and told everyone to get back in their seats.

Besides, she'll be the one waiting for that person, thanks.

When Hana saw the person, she got herself ready. The girl arrived and the class greets her. “Dokyung-ssi~”

“Good morning, guys~” Dokyung greeted back then looked at Hana. "Good morning, Hana."

Hana greeted ever so cheerfully as Dokyung went to her seat. Hana got to hers as she thougjt of one thing.

Shim Dokyung.

Back to the question. Could this be love?

Yes. She's in love with Shim Dokyung.

+++

The junior class of Section A were gathering around a studio as they witness the birth of a model in their school, particularly in their class. Recently, Dokyung was offered to shoot for the promotional flyers for school admissions. Dokyung was obliged to do so. Not only that, Hana was offered as well and she was so obliged to do so since Dokyung will be joining her.

Dokyung was to pose first. A lot of admirers squealed as Dokyung posed for the camera with her endless smiles and grins. Hana by her side, admiring her.

As Hana posed, she made things clear. She'll win Dokyung's heart.

+++

Dokyung was checking her locker for her spare notebook as she wondered of what to eat later for lunch. She got her notebook and closed her locker when she flipped out lightly, seeing Hana.

“Hi, Dokyungie~” Hana grinned.

“Hello, Hana.” Dokyung greeted back as she puts her notebook on her bag. “What brings you here?”

“Have lunch with me.” Hana said. “I got this coupon for bento right across the street. I want to eat with you.”

Dokyung didn’t decide anything for lunch. And with Hana asking her out, how could she say no?

“Okay, Hana.” Dokyung agreed.

“Yes!” Hana cheered lightly and held Dokyung’s arms. “Shall we go?”

+++

At the restaurant, Dokyung and Hana ate together. Dokyung was thankful for Hana as the leader of Gx9 giggled on how cute Dokyung was when she eats. She also added some side dishes for the both of them, mostly for Dokyung, just not to let her crush starve.

Dokyung finished her meal and said her thanks. Hana was almost finished with hers when she noticed a little bit of sauce on Dokyung’s bottom lip. Hana giggled again as she wiped it off with her hand.

“You got some sauce…” Hana said.

“Omo-thanks…” Dokyung said.

Hana got the sauce on her thumb and the next thing made Dokyung’s face burn: Hana the sauce off of her thumb, then adding a wink. “I could taste the essence of your lips, Dokyungie~”

Dokyung was flushed. Hana held her hand and grinned at Dokyung. Dokyung gulped as she felt a little thump on her chest.

She was screwed lightly. She was admiring Hana…

+++

*RING*

Dokyung woke up and killed the alarm clock. Dokyung stared out into space, reminded of another day in school facing an obscurity with a red-haired woman. Dokyung got up and looked at the mirror as memories flood of her and Hana.

She knew it could lead something drastic if not tolerated. Dokyung leans her forehead onto the mirror and huffed.

She had to deal with this soon enough

+++

Dear Diary,

I wonder what I’m going to do today. Hana is all over me. I need to settle this. If this continues, speculations might arise which will affect us.

I just hope I can do this .

Shim Dokyung

Dokyung looked up and watched Hana from a distance. Dokyung smiled as she was reminded of those days she had with Hana. Hana had been a special person to Dokyung but sometimes, some inhibition inside was preventing her to be honest to herself.

Dokyung could only sigh. Hana went to her and they went inside the classroom together. Dokyung sighed as students crowded them. Dokyung did the typical greetings and went with the flow for today’s events.

+++

Dear Diary,

I am the typical person who has an ulterior motive in life. I am the heartless one sometimes, my soul as black as coffee and as deep as a bottomless pit. I cared nonetheless of what I feel around everybody. I take responsibility for they have been my strength and my sisters by heart and soul.

But recently, my empty soul has been filled. Never in my life have I thought I could be filled with such happiness…with such joy…and with such love…

Dokyungie made that possible…and I want to express myself…and tell her that I love her...

Shin Bora

Hana huffed and saw Dokyung by her locker, probably putting a good old book back or getting a new one to read. Hana was lowering her head as she got something on her hand that she wanted to give to Dokyung. She gathered some courage and went closer to Dokyung.

Dokyung sighed and closed her locker when she turned around and there was Hana. Dokyung stayed on her place. “Yes, Hana?”

Hana gazed at Dokyung affectionately, all while holding her hand. Dokyung looked down as she got a little keychain. It was a little heart.
“Hana…”

Dokyung felt Hana around her. She felt her arms by her back, her fingers gripping onto her shoulders. Hana nuzzled on Dokyung’s neck as she lets her emotions out. “Dokyungie…I’m in love with you…”

Dokyung would’ve thought about this but she didn’t expect it coming too soon. “H-Hana…”

“I’m sorry…” Hana mumbled. “But I can’t help myself. You’re everything I want for a special someone, Dokyungie…and I’m in love with you…”

Dokyung felt that thump again. This wasn’t good. But all Dokyung could do was stay still, her arm wrapping around Hana.

What have I gotten myself into? Dokyung thought.

+++

“Congratulations, Miss Shim.”

It was all she heard from the four corners of the university President before she shook hands with her. Dokyung bowed lightly before she got out of the office, walking on the hallways slowly, seeing the students greet her as she could only bow back.

She stopped as she saw Hana, giving her a sheepish grin. Dokyung smiled of the sight but as she was reminded of Hana's liking towards her, she cringed. It made her cringe more that she liked Hana too.

“Dokyungie~” Hana called and the girl stopped.

She felt Hana hug her. Dokyung could only hug back as she wondered on how to explain her little achievement to Hana.

+++

Dokyung said it to Hana and the red-haired girl didn't like the news. For her, she was proud of Dokyung but she didn't like that Dokyung had to leave. Hana persuaded her to reject and stay with her but Dokyung had her mind settled. Hana didn't have a choice but to respect her decision. Nonetheless, with the university encampment, Hana made sure to spend her days with Dokyung.

Dokyung was slumping by the tree, tired from all the activities done for today. Some students noticed her sleeping that one of the called for their President.

"Hana-ssi?"

"What is it?" Hana asked.

"It's Dokyung-ssi."

Hana didn't hesitate and went to follow the student. As they got to the tree, she gasped to see Dokyung asleep. She hastily went to her, carrying her to her cabin, their cabin to be exact.

Dokyung was one of her roommates so Hana knew where to lie her down. Hana got Dokyung laid but with Dokyung's larger mass, Hana was dragged dowm with her. Now the both of them laid on the same bed.

A thump makes its way to Hana's chest. She sighed, cupping the face of her love. She missed her. She missed seeing her and hanging out with her. But with Dokyung's choice of leaving, she didn't talk to her, let alone see her.

She could sob. She didn't want Dokyung to leave. She didn't want Dokyung to leave her.

Hana cared less as she laid down and wrapped her arms around Dokyung. She nuzzled onto her neck, sleeping with her.

+++

Dokyung jolted up but she holds herself. She was at the edge of her own bed, almost falling. She rolls over but she was stopped as she felt a bodt behind her.

She gasped, seeing Hana falling asleep, leaving a big space by her left side. Dokyung couldn't do anything but sit up. She gazes at a sleeping Hana, patting her head lightly. She got up, deciding to prepare hot tea for her.

As Dokyung got back holding a mug, she saw Hana scurrying her hand by the sheets. Dokyung puts the mug on the table and she got a hug from Hana. Dokyung hugged her back.

"I thought you just left..." Hana mumbled.

"I didn't." Dokyung answered.

Dokyung and Hana sit next to each other as Dokyung lets Hana drink her tea. Dokyung wondered how she got into her own bed. Last time, she was sleeping in a tree. Dokyung looked at Hana and thought Hana carried her to bed.

"Was I heavy?" Dokyung asked. "Did you carry me?"

Hana nodded, putting the empty mug on the table. "I didn't mind, Dokyungie. You weren't heavy at all." Hana assured her.

"Mind me for sleeping under that tree. I never thought the activities were tiring." Dokyung apologized.

Hana smiled of Dokyung's adorableness. Hana reached to pat Dokyung's head, her fingers tangling lightly onto Dokyung's obsidian locks. "It's okay. I should be the one apologizing. I didn't give you much space to sleep on your own bed."

"I didn't mind, Hana." Dokyung said. "I may be tall and a bit big...but I can be short and small for you." Dokyung reaches to hold Hana's face. "Even if it will be my first and last..."

"Dokyungie..." Hana leaned onto Dokyung's hand and cupped her face. "It doesn't have to be this way..." She leaned her face onto Dokyung's. "Just stay with me..."

"You know I can't, right?" Dokyung spoke. "I'm sorry, Hana. I'm sorry that I reciprocated your feelings just now."

Hana hugs Dokyung tight. Dokyung wraps one arm around Hana, hugging her back.

"Why do you have to go?" Hana asked, crying. "What will I do without you?"

"Your feelings for me will fade. It's just an admiration." Dokyung said.

Hana shook her head and pulled Dokyung for a kiss. Dokyung relaxed, kissing Hana back. They broke and Hana places Dokyung's head by her chest.

"It's not just an admiration. I love you. I already do."

"Why, Hana?" Dokyung sighed. "Why do I love you too?"

Hana couldn't believe what she just heard. Hana looked up at Dokyung. "Say that to me again."

Dokyung sighed. "I love you too, Hana."

Hana kissed her again. Dokyung kissed back. For Dokyung, it was one memory to be cherished.

+++

Dokyung was by the fields, letting the wind gush onto her face like feeling silk. Dokyung looked up the sky and tears fell on her face.

"Hana..." Dokyung whispered. "... I'm sorry I couldn't say it before. I was too late." Dokyung wiped her own tears away. "But I want you to know that I'm​ grateful that you loved me...like how I love you now."

A breeze blows onto Dokyung. She could only smiles.

Hana loves her too...and she always will...