Chapter 2

Classmate, Partner, or Soulmate

'What are you doing here?' The part-timer at the registration counter, Hyunsik, glanced up when he saw Jongup grabbing the catalog for bookings. 'I thought you always came on Tuesdays?'

'Had to serve detention yesterday.' Jongup laughed it off as he hunted for his name in the list. Ah here it is-

'But I remember you saying previously that detention are on Fridays?'

'They said that I have to clear my detention hours for last week and one day wasn't enough.' And that was when Hyunsik too laughed at how ridiculous Jongup was. As if serving detention nearly every week isn't enough, he even had to do it twice a week this time. 'Right.'

Just then, a name in the book caught his attention. 'Daehyun hyung? He comes on Wednesdays? He told me that he comes on Fridays though...'

'Hmm? Daehyun? I didn't see him coming in today.'

'But he hasn't signed out yet. Maybe I should go find him since I'm here.'

'Can you help me ask him to pack up too, it's time to close up already.'

'Sure hyung!'

 

 





'Dae-' Jongup's voice trailed off as soon as he clicked open the door, finding himself rooted to the ground as he was once again engulfed in music.

The last I remember, Daehyun hyung doesn't have enough hair for him to tie a ponytail.

Glancing at the door label quickly to check that he had gotten the correct room, he was soon peeking through the gap as he watched the unknown girl move along with the beats, her movements sharp and clean. To the point that he himself was already impressed only 5 minutes into the dance sequence which she was performing.

But who is she? His girlfriend?

Jongup stared harder and squinted at your reflection in the mirror, trying to make out your identity, but he couldn't be sure. When a name came out of his mouth, he was still half-doubting himself. It can't be-

'Soulmate?'

The sudden sound and uninvited guest that you locked eyes with the moment you turned around shocked you out of your wits, and in the spur of the moment, you found yourself tripping on your leg, before crashing onto the ground.

. .

'What are you doing here?'

'I would ask you the same thing.'

'I'm not the one who booked the room with someone else's name here.'

You finally glanced up from your ankle as you glared at him, who was still standing by the door. He saw me falling and didn't even bother asking if I'm okay? How is he so sure that I didn't break anything when I'm not even sure myself.

'So what if I booked-'

'It's time to close up.' A knock was heard from the door along with the jingling of keys before you looked over to find Hyunsik there. 'Oh, Hyemin it's you. You done?'

'Y-Yes! I just have to pack up...' You quickly scrambled onto your feet, dismissing the slight crack you felt as you grabbed your belongings. While Jongup simply continued staring at you before following you blindly out of the room. 'Thank you for today Hyunsik oppa!' You greeted him with a smile as he locked up the room behind you.

She's soulmate alright. She's giving me the cold shoulder. And Hyunsik hyung called her Hyemin.

But what is she doing here? I didn't know that she could dance?

'I thought Daehyun hyung booked the room?'

Why is he so cooped up with who booked the room? 'There isn't a rule that you have to use the room if you booked it.' You mumbled, trying to get your feet to cooperate as you staggered after Jongup, who didn't seem to notice you struggling.

'I didn't know that you were good at dancing.' Jongup mumbled, partially to himself, but was still expecting a response which he didn't get. 'You must come here often for Hyunsik hyung to know your name though.'

Only then, did he finally decide to turn around when he noticed that you weren't there next to him, and groaned when he found you limping a few steps further behind him. Right, she fell down just now.

Seeing him make his way towards you, you quickly straightened your back as you looked at him, attempting, and failing, to make it seem as though you were perfectly fine and adapting well.

'Hold this.'

'Why?' You asked, the bag that he held out was already in your hands as you looked at the male who knelt down, back facing you.

'Get on.'

'It's okay. I can still walk.'

'No you can't. If you continue biting your lips it's gonna bleed. Quick. It's getting late.'

Hearing that, you immediately pursed your lips. How did he notice that when he didn't even realise that I was limping behind him for the last 5 minutes?

'And we can't both be late tomorrow. At least one of us has to be on time to take attendance.'

With that, you sighed. What was I even expecting? 'You mean I have to be there to take our attendance.'

'Of course. Can you hurry up already?'

'O-Okay.' Reluctantly, you wrapped your arms around his neck, before you felt yourself being lifted off the ground as he grabbed onto your legs. 'Are you sure this is okay?'

'You're lighter than expected so it's okay.'

Pfft.

'By the way, what's with you and Daehyun hyung?'

'Hmm?'

'You seem very close to him.'

'He's my future husband.'

'What?' Your grip around Jongup immediately tightened when he skidded to a halt.

'Yah! Can you not stop all of a sudden. I'll fall off!' You smacked Jongup's shoulder, slightly amused at his reaction.

'Then ask your future husband to carry you back.' It was obvious, the slight tinge of annoyance in his voice. But you didn't even know what he was annoyed at.

'You were the one who insisted on carrying me.'

And there was silence.

Seeing his slight pout as he continued walking, you decided to say more, just to see how he would react.

'Hey Jongup.'

'What.'

'Do you think Daemin or Minhyun will be nice.'

'For?'

'Our kid's name in the future.' You immediately felt his grip on you tighten, his veins on his neck suddenly ten times more visible.

Stiffling a giggle, you finally decided to keep quiet as nothing else came out from Jongup for the rest of the trip home.

To think about it, I'd rather her not talk to me at all if all she's going to talk about is Daehyun hyung.  

 




You were actually waiting for a text the very next day, saying that he would be late again. Especially when he had to make a detour to his place after dropping you off the previous night. But to your surprise, he was on time. In fact, he was earlier than usual.

However, for the very first time since you've met him, he did not utter a single word throughout the entire course of lectures. Not even a 'soulmate'. Or a groan or mumble towards the teachers.

Moreover, he actually paid attention during all the lessons, without a single glance at his phone, or you.

Shrugging, and deciding that the change was for the better, you disregarded his change in behaviour and continued with your daily routine of studying and listening during lessons.

But to tell the truth, he was waiting for you to say something about his change, for the entire day.

She really doesn't care a single bit about me huh? Is Daehyun hyung all that she needs? Even after I carried her home back last night? She don't even ask if I got home safely? 



 

 



'I heard someone said that I'm your future husband?' Daehyun asked you that very day as the both of you headed home. 

Moon Jongup that tattletale. 'Oppa stop faking it. I saw that you saved my name as future wifey.'

That, Daehyun didn't expect as he choked on his words slightly, feeling blood rush to his ears. 'Ouch. You didn't have to expose me that soon.'

'What? I'm just simply stating the truth.'

'When did you see it anyways?' She didn't see anything else did she? 

'Hmm, a few months ago? I might have taken a slight glance at it when you left it at the studio the last time.'

'That's invasion of privacy do you know that.'

'And I know you don't mind.'

'Because I'm the kind hearted person I am, I shall forgive you.' You felt a knock on your head and turned up to glare at him. 

'Sure.'

'Anyways, I heard from Jongup that you broke your leg yesterday? You look like you're walking well now though.'

'I didn't break it. It was just a slight sprain, it got better after resting it last night. With ice and compression.'

'See, it's only the first day that I don't fetch you from the studio and you already got into an accident. You really can't live without me, can you?'

You rolled your eyes at Daehyun who seemed like he was enjoying teasing you. 'It wasn't an accident. And I'm fine already.'

'Are you sure?'

'Mmhmm.'

'By the way, what else did you say that makes Jongup think that we're dating?'

Dating? Me and Daehyun oppa? You shrugged as you thought back to your past conversations with Jongup. And there was only one legitimate conversation you actually had with him. 'Nothing? Why would he ask that anyways?'

'How would I know? I told him that we're not dating.'

'Mm.'

'Wait, so how did you go home last night?'

'Jongup carried me home.'

What?

 


 

[A/N] Update!

This was a quick update but I hope that it was okay! 

And I would really appreciate any subscribes and comments to let me know what you all think about it so far! 

Thank you! 

<3