Chapter 6

Classmate, Partner, or Soulmate

Your racing heart was merely one of the many things that was on your mind as you tried your very best to fall asleep that night.

You didn’t know how long the kiss lasted, but what you knew was that the person who had initiated it ran out of the door right after. And ever since, your stomach felt fluttery as you could still imagine his lips on yours. Heck, you didn’t want to ever forget that feeling.

But the problem was that he didn’t say anything afterwards. Not that night, not the day after.

Exactly. He said absolutely nothing the next day. It wasn’t as if he said nothing about the kiss. You would have forgiven him for that, well, that was what you had thought. But the most important thing was that, he did not utter a single word to you at all.

Not to forget, he abandoned the seat next to yours for an empty seat that was at the opposite end of the classroom.

And you being confused was an understatement.

Is he angry at me? What for? Do people just grab someone at her doorstep in the middle of the night to kiss her just because he was throwing a tantrum?

Fine. Silent treatment it is then.





‘Why are you being all pouty when it’s nearing the end of the week?’ You were startled when you turned to see Daehyun’s face right before yours and gasped, stumbling backwards slightly only to be grabbed onto by him. ‘Whoa- You okay?’

‘Yeah-‘

‘Are you still not feeling well? Did you fall sick after going back last night?’ His hand was soon on your forehead, cheeks, and neck as he checked if you were having a fever.

‘L-Last night?’ You stuttered, the only thing that you remember from last night was the kiss, and you were soon blushing again.

‘Yah, are you sure you don’t need to see the doctor?’

'N-No, I'm fine!' You stammered, quickly pushing him away such that he was no longer scrutinizing your face at such a close distance. 'You're getting too close, people are looking over.'

At that, Daehyun turned around and noticed that people were indeed giving both of you weird stares as you made your way out of school.

However, once you were out of the school compounds, you found Daehyun's arm around yours and you looked up at him strangely.

'Yes?' He asked, even though he knew what you were silently questioning. 'I'm just taking precautions in case you faint all of a sudden or something.'

'That will not happen. Oppa, you don't have to worry, really.'

'Did something happen?'

'Hmm?

'You're acting out of sorts lately.'

'What do you mean?'

'Look at you.' He grabbed onto your hand that was trying to pry his arm off. 'You don't do this usually.'

'Oh- I just-'

'Why? Do you have someone that isn't suppose to see us together?' Daehyun asked, testing the waters, and noticed how your eyes immediately darted away.

'No? Why would I?'

'That's good to hear.'



 





You were trying hard to stop yourself from counting the number of days since he started avoiding you. But you couldn't help it.

Sure you liked him. Probably before he even asked you to be his dance partner. But all the 'Daedae oppa' facade made you unsure of how to break the news to him. It's not as if you could go, 'Hey Jongup, Daehyun oppa isn't the one that I like, it's you.'

As if it would be that easy.

If only you knew what he was thinking.

The pouring rain before you had you sighing.

Life has never been easy.

I just had to forget my hoodie today? You groaned, mentally counting down as you prepared yourself to run through the rain. After scanning through your escape route in your head for the fifth time, and noticing that the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon, you decided to go ahead.

Okay, 3, 2, 1-

A strong force pulled you back right before the rain could land on you, and you soon found yourself backed into someone's rock hard chest as something loomed over your head.

'See that shelter over there?'

You had to squint your eyes to see what he was pointing at, before nodding.

'Be careful not to trip.' And with a firm grip over your shoulder, the both of you sped out into the rain.

For the entire time, you realized how he took note to keep with your pace despite his higher stamina, and longer legs to begin with. And none of you spoke a single word until the both of you safely had a roof over your head.

'Are you okay?' Only then, did you finally looked up at him and gasped.

'Y-You're drenched.'

'It's nothing.' He shrugged as he shook the water off his bangs, and it was literally raining beneath the shelter.

'You didn't have to-' Thanks to him and his jacket, you were closed to unscathed. While he obviously wasn't as lucky as you.

'It's fine.' Jongup mumbled before swiftly having your hand in his. And only when your legs started moving, did you realise that he was dragging you along.

'Where are we-'

'Your house is the other way.'

Does it mean that- 'Wait! Moon Jongup-' You immediately tried to pull him to a halt, but it was of no use.

'And let's see, you'll probably have to run through just four more unsheltered roads?'


 

 



It seems to you that there were too many things happening at once. The moment you stepped into his place, you found him rummaging through his wardrobe for a fresh set of clothes for you.

'It's okay- You should-' 

'Shower first.'

‘But you need the shower more than me-'

‘There’s not much of a difference. You use it first.’ Despite your attempts to resist his offer, Jongup was soon pushing you towards the toilet.

‘Yah! Moon Jongup!’ And the toilet door slamemed shut in your face. 

 



After the kiss, he ignored you. And now here he was going against and not listening to you at all. What is he going to do once I’m done?

You sighed as you dried your hair slightly with his towel, eyeing your reflection through the mirror, comfortably dressed in his clothes.

Well, I guess whatever he does now- I wouldn’t be too surprised?

‘I’m done.’ You stepped out of the toilet, only to find Jongup curled up in the sofa that was too small for him. 'Jongup? Moon Jongup?' You whispered as you tapped his shoulders lightly, noticing the bits of sweat dripping down his face.

But there was no answer from him as he furrowed his eyebrows and groaned slightly, turning away from you.

'Jongup-ah- Oh gosh-' You gasped as you felt his forehead, it was burning up. 'Jongup let's get you to bed hmm? You can't stay here all folded up in this state.' You said as you tried to place his arm over your shoulders, the trip to the bed was barely two meters away. But to carry a grown and built male who was knocked out, wasn't a simple task for you.

And it wasn’t a surprise when you were pulled down into bed next to him. Though you weren’t sure if it was due to his weight, or if it was on purpose.

But seeing how his arms instantly wrapped around you confirmed your thoughts for the latter.

'Jongup let go.’

No response.

‘Jongup, we can’t stay like this. I have to get a towel for you at least.'

He shook his head as he tightened his grip around you. 

'Jongup-'

And this time, he whined.

'YAH MOONJONGUP! You're drenched and now you're lying in bed what exactly do you want to do huh?'

Not exactly expecting a sudden outburst from you, he immediately snapped open his eyes and loosened his arms, to see you glaring at him as you quickly sat up on his bed. But it wasn’t long before he started to pout and bat his eyelashes at you.

‘I’m sick. And it’s all because of you.’

I take that back- When I said that I wouldn’t be surprised anymore.

‘Jongup, go shower. I don’t know how you faked your fever but I’m not falling for anything else.’ You said firmly, pulling the already soaked blanket off him as you groaned internally at the mess he was making. 

‘Not even me?’

‘Wha- Moon Jongup!’ I can't believe I actually have feelings for such a childish-

‘But I’m really feeling feverish...’

‘Then you should go shower and change out of your clothes. You’re already drenching your sheets!’

‘But- Achoo!’ You stilled slightly when you could tell that the sneeze was real. ‘See?’




 

Once he was done with his quick shower, and his soaked bedsheets were out of the way, you found yourself back in his bed with his arms wrapped tightly around you as he rested his head in the crook of your neck. 

'Good job you succeeded in guilt tripping me.' You mumbled when he stopped sneezing and wheezing. 

'That wasn't my intention.'

'What? Trapping me in your house and falling deadly ill?'

'It's not like I could control the rain.' At that, you got a smack by his pillow on your head and turned to glare at him. 'And your house is further away.'

'Well, looks like your plan was flawless.'

'Shhh, you're supposed to let the patient rest comfortably.'

'Isn't that what got me back here in the first place-'

'Shh.' 





You grinned slightly when you woke up from the quick nap you had- And you were silently glad all that happened wasn't a dream. However, when you opened your eyes, you found that you were left alone in bed and quickly sat up.

Only to hear the door to the bathroom click open.

'Where are you going?' You asked, despite knowing the answer once you saw him coming out in his training gear.

And he knew that you know. So he was now wondering if he's supposed to answer you, or not.

'Practice?' Jongup said with a tinge of confusion as he tilted his head slightly. 

'You're not going anywhere in that state.'

'In what state?' He asked as he looked down at himself. Did I get a toothpaste stain on my shirt? ... No? Did I wear my pants the wrong way? ... No?

'Excuse you? You couldn't even get out of your bed barely 3 hours ago and now you want to go tire yourself out?' You were now standing before him as you snapped at him, however, you did not know why he was grinning so happily at you. It was starting to creep you out. 'What?'

'You sound like my wife.'

Should have seen that coming. 'You don't even have a wife, how do you know what she's supposed to sound like?'

'Well you can be my wife then.' 

'Don't bull.'

'You could have just said so, that you wanted me to stay with you.'

Having had enough, you groaned as you picked up your stuff by the couch and turned for the door, only to have a pair of strong arms wrap tightly around you and your bag removed from your hands. 

'Are you playing hard to get or something?'

'Why would I?'

'Do you really like Daehyun hyung that much?' At that, you smiled. This stupid idiot.

Jongup had a weird feeling when you turned around to face him, a cheeky grin on your face. 'What if I say yes?'

Without another word, Jongup landed a kiss on your lips, only to have you quickly pushing him away once you realised what was happening this time.

'Yah! You barely recovered!'

'Do you really like Daehyun hyung that much?' Jongup had a slight frown on his face and you had to try so hard to keep your laughter in. 

Oh gosh he's doing it again. 'No, I don't like him anymore.'

'Are you sure?'

'If you don't believe me why bother asking?'

'I want to believe you but- You called me a business partner! How could you do that?'

'What about you! You called me a classmate! Sure that's just 1/60 classmates you have right. Oh no. You have how many different classes. It might probably be up to 100.' You retaliated once he brought up the 'business relationship' again. He should really learn to get over things. 

'It probably doesn't matter since you have all those other classmates.' You didn't realize how his lips were tilted up as he watched you rattle on and on. 'I'm just lucky to be that one repetitive classmate that appears in three of your classes. Perhaps you would have liked to have 62 different classmates instead. Wait, or maybe I shouldn't even be your classmate-'

Once again, you were effectively silenced by his lips. And this time neither of you made any move to pull away, only until you needed to catch you breath.

'Just be my girlfriend then. We'll be satisfied both ways.'

'That's not how you're supposed to ask a girl out.'

'It's not like you've been asked out before.'

'That's why you have to live up to my fantasies! Since there wasn't a person who screwed up asking me out for you to par with.'

'Stop dissing me indirectly.' Even through the random insults, the both of you continued to grin at each other, your hands grabbing onto his shirt as his arms wrapped securely around your waist. 

'You started it.'

'You're weird.'

'You're even weirder for liking me.'

'It's called doing a community service.'

'YAH!' At that, you screamed at him, only to have him tackling you back onto his bed not before adding another quick peck.


‘I think I’m addicted.’ He whispered, sending a bright red blush onto your cheeks and chuckled at your reaction. 

 


 

[A/N] Update!! This chapter is slightly longer than usual but I hope that you will like it nonetheless!

Thank you so much for the comment and subscribes!

<3