CRUSH - BEAUTIFUL (DAHMO)

KPOP STATION : TWICE EDITION

Crush – Beautiful

It's a beautiful life
I'll be by your side
It's a beautiful life
I'll be behind you
Beautiful love
If I am with you under the sun

Even just breathing feels good
It's a beautiful life
Beautiful day
I'll be living in the memories of you
Beautiful life
Beautiful day
Please stay by my side

Beautiful my love
Beautiful your heart
It's a beautiful life
It's a beautiful life

It's a beautiful life
Always I'll protect you
It's a beautiful life
Be able to lean on me
Beautiful love
Your tears and your smiles
Be able to share
It's a beautiful life

Beautiful day
The day I loved you so badly
Beautiful life beautiful day
I don't want to lose you
Beautiful my love
Beautiful your heart
It's a beautiful life

The memories which resemble with you in the world
Those are remained to me
The memories of you, the memories with you
It's a sorrowful life
Sorrowful day
To me who can't overcome a sadness
Sorrowful life sorrowful day
Please don't leave me
So I won't be living in the memories
It's a beautiful life

 

Author’s POV

Legend says that humans once lived together with another type of creatures. The mythical ones you won’t believe that actually existed back in the years of kings and knights … the era of conquerors and legends.

Giants, fairies, beasts, angels and demons, and other more … all of them are living and breathing the same air in this world yet in different harmony. We all walked in the same land, but never moved in the same way. Every kind was bounded by the boundaries made to prevent any clash and wars on happening. But then, within all tales, every wicked are destined to be banished.

Only the strong can stay, together with the unknown beings that conquered the upper force which let them manage to hold on until today. But have we ever wondered about the simple untold stories from those beings?

Can two different kinds fell for each other? A love formed in just a short while before being torn apart, a tragic story that showed the importance of trust and acceptance.                     

“Hey! What are you reading this time?”

Momo’s POV

I was busy looking at the old book I found inside the attic of my grandpa’s house when my bestfriend suddenly popped out of nowhere, shocking me to death.

“Yah! Stop showing up suddenly or I’ll kill you! I’m having a heart attack because of you, you know?!” I yelled before hitting her with the book I’m holding. Since she’s carrying a very big box, she easily stumbled and almost fell. Luckily, that freak is working out her body well or she’ll look really stupid lying in the ground right now.

“Hey! How dare you hit the one and only Yoo Jeongyeon, huh?!” She yelled while balancing her sorry . “It’s the one and only Hirai Momo who can do that, Ostrich. Got a problem?!” We glared at each other but ended up in a fit of laughter.

Once we’re finally over, Jeongyeon took a seat beside me and placed the big box in front of us. “Dude, what’s with the huge box?” I asked.

“It’s Nayeon’s birthday tomorrow and I’m planning to surprise her inside that box once the clock stops at 12:00AM later.” She proudly answered while I snorted at her loudly that she frowned at me.

“Seriously?! It’s more like you don’t actually know what you’re supposed to get as a gift for that bunny girl of yours!” Her eyes twitched at my statement but sighed in the end before turning her face into a sour one. “Actually, you’re right. I really don’t have a decent gift for Nabongs. Tell me honestly, will this even work?”

Jeongyeon was pretty frustrated as she ruffled her hair messily. “Well, it is.” She shot her eyes right at me while I grin widely at her. “I’ll help you so don’t worry, Jeong. We’ll make that the best gift for your girl.” I chirped to boost her confidence. “You sure?” Her eyes shone in delight. “Yup! As long as you’ll treat me in exchange, ok?”

She took a minute first to think about it before agreeing. “Let’s do the preparation in your house. It’s better there than mine.” I said as she stood up. I didn’t move even an inch which confused her. “Aren’t you going with me?” She asked with her drawn brows raised.

“Nah, we’ll prepare later. I’ll stay here a little longer. Just wait for me until then.” Jeongyeon flared her nose in disbelief but nodded and left.

“I somehow feel so attach to this book. I’ll make sure to read it before I need to leave the library.” I gently wiped off the dust on the old book. It’s untitled and the cover is pretty weird which made me more curious to open it.

As I flipped to its first page, I don’t know but my vision slowly gone blurry. My eyelids are narrowing as I see each letters shine in front of me. My breath is becoming thin as my body turned stiff. I mumbled the words I’ve able to read before everything became black.

It's a beautiful life … our short adventure … together with … its tale of endings.”

Author’s POV

(Days of the Ruined: Legend Era…)

At a vast place within a landscape of clear plain grass, there unfolds a man around the years of his dreadful youth, chased by the group of goons with rage in their eyes. But the young man showed no fear. A trump of sluggish look with ridicule smile was printed all over his face, as if he’s plainly just playing with them.

A race of fun that only him who’s absorbing the entertainment in it. As the group feels the shouts of their trembling legs, they begin to stop one by one. None had succeeded to catch up with the young man. Knowing his victory was at hand, he also slowed down his pace.

“Hah! What a bunch of slowpokes. None of them can catch up with me.” With his smug smile, he took a look at the bags he’s been carrying around all the time he was being chased.

“Now, what do we have here? A pair of unwashed clothes, yuck! Oh, there’s a lot of rum in this one! I’m very lucky, yes! And this is the bag of gold that will surely keep me in a fluffy bed for a little while!” As the guy continue to rummage every bag on his walk, someone called out behind him. “Momo!?” The guy abruptly stopped and looked behind him. “Jeong?!” The one who called him grinned.

The two stayed at Ji-Boar Hat, a bar ran by their friend named Jihyo, for a drink and to have some time for a short chit chat.

“I haven’t seen you for a month, pal! How was days without the almighty Yoo Jeongyeon have been?” Jeongyeon said to the latter while patting his back happily. “Much better since there’s no hindrance on the way whenever I escape.” Momo nonchalantly said before taking a gulp of his booze. The other latter became aggressive at the blonde guy’s reply and shakily stood.

“Huh?! You didn’t just say that, did you?! I aren’t no hindrance to you, you crap!” The blonde just rolled his eyes at his drunken friend. He’s also in the state of being drunk too, but he can still tolerate a bit of his action. “Yes, I did said you are a hindrance on my everyday raid, you puss woos.” Momo smugly answered.

Jeongyeon flared and grabbed his friend’s collar. “Oh, really?! Well … sorry then. This pimp is just so handsome that girls kept on hovering at him.” He showed a victorious smile before letting his friend go and laughed hysterically, which is followed by Momo’s laughter too.

“I can’t agree no more, dude~!” The people around them, who felt the intense mood a while ago, turn back to their business, but not before giving them a weird-out or annoyed look first.

The two eased down and started drinking their large cups of boozes once again. While everyone is in their own world, a new pair of customers came in, rather a little noisy as they took a seat beside the blonde and chestnut haired guys.

“Hey, have you heard about Pranpiya’s attempt to go to the Big Tree?” One of the pair, which is a short guy with chestnut hair, said to his partner. “Yeah. Until now, I haven’t got any news about him after he’s travel there.” The other one, who’s a black haired tall guy, replied to his companion. This perked Momo’s interest so he stood up and dragged his chair to the other pair, leaving his friend who’s already knocked out from too much alcohol.

“Pardon me from intruding your chitty chatty but … can you two share it up with me~? I’ll treat and pay you two if you want.” Momo grinned at the two, who both only arc a brow at him and looked at each other before turning back at him and nodded. “That’s what I’m talking about~! Hey, Jihyo! Give us a lot of booze and meat here! I’m treating some kids today, haha~!” The blonde guy chirped at the barista.

“Lower your voice, Moguri! You’re disturbing my customers! And wait for it a lil’ bit, arasso?!” A not-so-petite yet very beautiful woman named Jihyo replied before going inside to prepare the blonde’s order.

“Said the one who shouts here and there every single day.” Momo rolled his eyes and lay lazily over his chair. “Anyways, while waiting for our orders, how about you two inform me up right now ‘bout the topic you had a while ago?”

“O-ok. So my friend and I have this league mate who left to reach up the Big Tree. That tree is also called the Fairy Tree. Locals said that above that tree was a fountain called Fountain of Youth.” The black haired started. “That fountain was said to be magical. Whoever drinks the water there will turn immortal. Many had already tried, but none had succeeded and came back alive.” The short one followed.

“Sadly, some of them were our co-bandit mates … Rena, Amber, Moonbyul, Hwasa, Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, and a lot more. Senior or junior members, they all never came back and it started to worry us more when it’s Lisa, one of the freshman members, who took that challenge. We can’t afford to lose more, that’s why we never attempted to go to that place and tried stopping the remaining members.” He added.

“That Pranpiya guy is lost too? Now I’m hyped to try it~! You two have a map for that place or not?” Momo’s smile turned bigger at everything he’s hearing from the two. His excitement was topping the non-existing fear in his stomach.

“Huh?! Are you actually listening to us? It’s dangerous there!” The short guy slammed the table as he shouts at the blonde’s face. “Hahaha! Hey, chill it out, kiddo. I completely heard you. And I am serious about going to that damn tree. Why would I ask about you two’s conversation if it’s not about that, right~?”

The taller one sighed. “Smol, let him be. It’s his decision anyway.” He deadpanned as he stared at Momo. “You don’t need any maps to go there. You can clearly see that tree over there.” He stopped shortly and pointed his finger over the open window, which shows a clear view of the said Fairy Tree.

“We won’t stop you from going there, but we’ll still warn you. You better be careful about the Guardians of that tree. It was said that most of the reasons of the attempters’ disappearance was because they’re attacked by the Maidens who are guarding the tree.” He continued before shutting his mouth.

Momo stared at the two with slightly pouted lips before smiling widely. “You two are so nice! I got it, I got it! I’ll be careful and promise to return as an immortal for you guys~!” He locked the two’s necks in his arms before laughing loudly. “Thanks a lot, you rascals. What are your names, huh~?!” He let go of the two and took a sip of his unfinished cup of booze.

“I’m Chaeyoung and this friend of mine is Tzuyu. We’re both thieves and bandits from the League of Black Cats, nice to meet you.” Chaeyoung introduced. “Call me Momo! Anyways, looks like you two’s orders are here! Here’s the payment for that.” Momo handed a bag of gold over the black haired bandit.

“Aren’t you gonna eat too?” The tall one asked. “Nope~! Imma get going, kids. I want to reach that place as early as possible.” Momo left his seat and turned around to his drunken friend. “Jihyo, take care of this two, ‘kay? I’ll be out for a while again.” He said and carried Jeongyeon over his shoulder. “Fine. Don’t die, ok? I still need to punish you for always leaving this place so messy!” The woman replied.

“Sure~!” Momo was nearing the door when he chirped again. “By the way, I’ll try looking for your friends too. Be giving news later on about it if I got one! See you later, brats~!” He then continued walking off the bar.

“Miss, are you sure he’s gonna be fine?” Tzuyu and Chaeyoung asked in worry. “Of course, I don’t. But knowing him for too long, that guy won’t stop until he got what he wants. He’s the greatest bandit, Bandit M, after all.” She answered. The last sentence made the two froze on their seats.

“D-did you just said, B-Bandit M?! The Bandit Moguri?!”, “The one who steals like a monster and never loses to any of his persuaders?!” The two freshman bandits asked with widened eyes. “Yes, kids. He’s the one and only. The guy you talked to a while ago was the living flesh of the one you might be looking up to.” Jihyo calmly said before leaving the two.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu looked at each other and gulped. “We just saw the legend right in front of us.”, “He’s so young and cool.” They looked back the door and a blurry image of the said legend flashed back into their visions. “Amazing,”

Momo’s POV

“So you’re leaving again, huh?” A finally freshened up Jeongyeon asked me as I pack my things. “Yup~! Sorry, can’t stay for too long, pal.” I replied which he snorted at. “Who are you going to raid this time?” He asked. “It’s not who, pal. It’s what this time?” I sheepishly answered which made him sat up straight. “Really?! What’s the aim of the legend?”

“Do you know the Fountain of Youth? That’s my aim.” He turned silent after my reply. “Hey, come on. You’re not worried too, right? Trust me, I’ll be fine!” With that, he sighed. “Ok. Well, it’s you anyway so what can I do, right? Just return in whole piece, you bastard.” Jeong gave out a small smile.

“Hahaha~! I sure will, you dickhead. But how about you? Any aim there, almighty Yoo Jeongyeon~?” I asked to lighten his mood up. “To be honest, I don’t have anything in my sleeve right now. That’s why I saw you along the way because I was just travelling aimlessly.” He said lifelessly. I understand how he feels.

Jeongyeon and I are both notorious bandits around the whole country of Chameliot. We’re used on being chased while we happily run away with the gold and treasures we took away. Knowing that my bestfriend is losing his purpose of being a bandit makes me sad too.

“If you’re about to retire, then how about looking for a GIRL to snatch? We both never actually had someone with us, right? And if I am right, other bandits ends their career whenever they find their so called other half.” I suggested which successfully took his interest.

“How? Where could I possibly find that person?” He asked. “I may have spent time hovering at some pretty dancers in the clubs back then, but I never actually put my whole interest to any of them. All of those were just for fun since I’m a guy.” He added.

“I’m not sure if you’ll agree on this one but … I heard that near the rough roads of Griffondell, a carriage full of women for sell to be a slave was about to travel it’s way to Liones. They’re all young girls being kidnapped or sacrificed to some worst group of goons. If you want, go look for that carrier. You might find the one you’re looking for there.” I stated to him.

“So you want me to buy one? Are you insane?!” He blurted which made me smack him hard in the head. “Are you nuts?! I may be a bandit, but I am not some demon freak! What I am saying is, save those women there and then look for the one that might become your future wife!” I shouted on the top of my lungs.

‘This guy can be ing ridiculous sometimes, really!’

“O-oh, ok.” He lowly muttered while caressing his head. “So … you’ll take it?” I asked. “I guess so. It’s not a bad idea anyway so … yeah.” His voice was obviously uncertain but either way, I can still sense the slight spark that flickers inside him.

“If that’s the case then pack your up too, you lazy bum~!” I kicked him off the bed and grinned. “Geez, no need to push me off, you peachy !” He threw my steel nun chucks at me and stood up. “Sorry not sorry, dude. Haha~!”

After we’re done packing our things, Jeongyeon and I set up for our departure.

“Guess this is the end of our short meeting, pal.” Jeong said with a small smile. “Yah~! That sounded like this is going to be our last meeting. Don’t be over dramatic, Jeong. I promise we’ll see each other again. And by that time, I’m already an immortal and hopefully, you’ll be showing up together with your girl by then.” I said cheerfully even though I’m sad myself.

We’re just like brothers, sharing things, learning stuffs, and gone into many damned place together as partners. Simply thinking that this might be the last can really become a big pain in the .

“I know. Just can’t get that feeling off to be honest.” Worry was printed in his that got me sighed heavily. “Me too, dude. I swear this won’t be the last so cheer up.” He just nodded and we both do our usual way of saying a temporal farewell. Jeong and I gave a light punch at each other’s left chest.

“Be seeing you later, Bandit Moguri.”, “You too, Thief Kyungwan~!” With that, we’ve finally gone our separated ways.

It took me a whole day to reach the Big Tree. Once reaching the lowest part of it, which is so freaking large as hell, a weird looking dog passed by behind me. I take a look at it and it was so silent while waggling its tail. “Stay there, little pal. Imma go up this tree so just sit there and watch as I go through a new wicked legend like a boss~!”

Climbing this wasn’t actually hard, though it was really high. Thankfully, I was never born with the fear of heights.

“With a small sip, you can have a ten more years to rock up ~! With a gulp is equal to a hundred more, and drinking it all means to live on for all of time~!” I sing song as I’m about to reach the top.

With my hand gripping over the bark edges of the tree, I used my free hand to throw my bag and completely carry my body for support as I finally lay down to it. In just five long breaths, I stood straight only to be greeted by a kid with a very stoic face.

“Hey, what are you do--”, “Go.” A hard gash of strong wind suddenly sends me flying away within a second. “Eh? Wah!”

I’m no scaredy-cat even when I‘m in the brink of my death, but this surprise attack surely made me lose my . I was expecting to fall flat on the ground, but instead, a lot of branches saved my . It made my fall move slower and controllable so I landed safe in the end.

“Wow, that was intense~! Now, I’m more hyped to reach the top. Woo hoo~!” With a new bar of energy inside my system, I charged back up the way to the top.

“With a small sip, you can have a hundred more years to rock up ~! With a gulp is equal to a thousand more, and drinking it all means a life of immortality~! Wah!” Once reaching the top, another gash of strong wind welcomed me, making me fall from the Big Tree again.

Luckily this time, I fell to a very soft and fluffy Shroom, a living giant mushroom creature. It didn’t die, though it was pretty squashed because of my heavy fall and weight.

“That little guardian surely challenges me, huh?! Well, this bandit never lose nor give up, so you better ready yourself, kiddo~!” With full speed, I race my way up once more and was always getting blown away by the wind, repeatedly. That pesky guardian never let me have a second to breathe everytime I reach the top.

“S-stop it already, will you?!” I yelled after reaching the freaking top for the nth time.

I didn’t get blown by the wind this time. Instead, that little fairy yelled back at me, “I am the one who should say that! Are you even a real human? I already pushed you off this tree many times and I am sure that those falls can kill you instantly even in the first try, yet why are you still standing and climbing up here like you’re not hurt?!”

I was surprised at her outburst so I answered mindlessly, “Well, everytime I fell, I either get caught by some tree branches or landed my over a giant mushroom. Because of this, I’m still alive and well … barely. Anyways, off with the talk and let’s get over the real business here, kiddo.” Within a second, I changed my pace and held out my weapon.

She noticed what I’m about to do, but since I’m very fast with my tricks, she didn’t able to catch up and I was able to snatch the mysterious cup that contains the magical water which is behind her.

“Gotcha~!” I sniffed it and was disappointed since it doesn’t smell like any type of booze or ale. “I hoped it will taste good like the beers back in the village but … oh well. Bottom’s up!” I was about to drink the Fountain of Youth when a bunch of tree roots and branches stopped every limb of my body from moving.

“STOP! Don’t drink it.” The little girl has controls over those branches and another one emerged and took the cup from my hand. “H-hey!”

“Don’t you dare try! Do you even know what might happen if you drink this?!” I stopped squirming as she flared at me again. “The Fountain of Youth is the Fairy Forest’s heart, and if someone drinks its water, every single tree and plants here will wither! And I’ll never allow you or any barbaric humans from taking the life of the forest!” Some tears are starting to form from her eyes.

“Ok, I won’t.” I simply answered. “H-huh?” She muttered in confusion. “I said I’ll stop trying to take that water so release me now, kiddo.”

Dahyun’s POV

‘T-this guy … did he just? N-no way. This man is just like the others. Poor human, they don’t even know what we fairies are capable of. I’ll see through your lies, human.’

I stared at his eyes so I can read his thoughts, only to be shock of what I heard. “Aish, what a drag~? Guess I have no choice but to just stop here then. After all those risky attempts. Well, the berries here that the villagers use for making that ale from Jihyo’s village are very delicious so I’ll back out this time. It will be a waste if I can’t taste those awesome ales anymore.”

This human is very weird. “A-are you sure you’ll stop?” I asked for assurance as I slowly let him go. “Yup. I may be a bandit, but that doesn’t mean that I’ll take something as precious as something like life. My principle is to only steal and not to kill, kiddo.” He answered lightly.

“G-good then. You better go back, human. You’re not welcome here.” I said rather a little flustered and released him. ‘He’s something else. Maybe this guy is not like the others … just maybe.’

“Hey!” I was surprised when something heavy fell over my left shoulder. “G-get off me, human!” I yelled at him, but he just ignored me and laid his whole body at me, making me fall and be squashed by his weight. “Come on. Get the hell off me this instant!”

“Shut up and let me be. I’m tired and I don’t think I can move even a little bit of my muscle right now. Just let me sleep for now, kiddo~.” He then started snoring instantly before I can even say something. “Geez, at least don’t crash me under. You’re heavy, you know?” With my powers, I made the branches move him off me and I was able to breathe in again.

“And I am not a kid. I’m much older than you, human.” I only got a light snore as an answer. Since I got no idea how to make him go away for now, I just lay down beside him and stared at his face.

“You sure are a weird person, but I won’t let you trick and fool me so easily. I’m not … scared to … fight … you.” Unknown to me, I actually fell asleep, which I never had done for a long time now ever since I was left alone to guard this forest.

The next morning, I woke up without the human beside me. “It’s good that he’s finally gone. Now, I can guard this place with no worries again.” I mumbled as I stood up. I was about to flew away to take some rounds when I heard some splashing sound. I quickly turned around, only to be flustered as I saw him again.

The guy yesterday was taking a bath at the fountain … all . I instantly covered my eyes as my face turn red. “Oh, you’re awake! Come and join me, kiddo. The water’s so refreshing~!” He chirped while spreading his arms to welcome me.

“N-no way! Are you crazy?! And why are you taking a bath on the Fountain of Youth, you barbarian being?!” I turned around so he won’t see my flustered face. “The water’s so cool and relaxing, you know? And you don’t need to worry. I’m not gonna take even a little sip of this water like what I told you yesterday.”

I looked back and stared at him because of what he said when, “Come on and join me already, kiddo~! I’ll wash you up for free~!”, “I said, NO FREAKING WAY!!!”

“Gah!” I blew him off the tree again together with his clothes. ‘This guy doesn’t know when to feel embarrassed, does he?!’

“Geez, hold your horses, kiddo. No need to throw me off this high place.” After several minutes, he came back with his clothes on. “You deserve it, you ert! Have some self-consciousness, will you?” I crossed my arms at him.

“You’re a kid yet you’re so grumpy! You’ll turn old and have wrinkles quicker if you keep being like that.” He said before dropping his body down. “Just so you know, I’m already living for more than a century here and fairies don’t quickly age so I am not a kid. Set that aside, when are you going away from here? I thought you said that you’ll stop taking the Fountain of Youth, so why keep staying?” I asked while raising a brow at him.

“Hey, I did say that and I also mean it, ok? Can’t you just let me have a rest here for a little while? It took me some time and energy to go up here. If I’m not gonna have what I aimed for then, why not just savor something that I can have, right? What more is, the scenery up here is so beautiful and mesmerizing. No lucky human will let this view pass by.”

He climbed a tree branch and lay lazily while staring at the view he’s talking about. Well, he’s right. The view up here is so beautiful that even I can’t help but to look at it everytime.

“Kiddo, just wanna ask this. Aren’t you feeling lonely? This place is also called the Fairy Kingdom or something, right? So why aren’t I seeing any other fairies flapping around out here?” He’s question made me flinched.

Why am I alone too anyway? All I know is … after my brother, the Fairy King, left this forest for a mission, tragedy happened and all the fairies living here are evacuating to another place. Being his sister, the responsibility to guard this place has fallen into my hands. Some of my friends decided to stay, but one by one, they also left too.

Not because they got tired of guarding this place. They left because of this one little reason that until now, I can’t even figure out how powerful it is to corrupt their minds and leave this forest without a trace … love.

“Things happened and it’s my responsibility to guard out this place until my brother returned.” I gave the simplest answer I can say and he just hummed in response.

I thought he was sleeping again so I decided to just leave him alone when he suddenly blurted out, “That’s pretty boring. Aren’t you bored on guarding this place alone?” I looked back and saw him staring at me. I can’t help but to look down and just nod. ‘Am I bored? Well, kind’a. I was hanging alone here for too long after all.’

He didn’t say anything anymore so I thought I might just leave him for now when he’s quickly jumped in front of me once I looked up.

“If that’s the case then lemme entertain you for a while, kiddo~!” He chirped with too much enthusiasm that even I can’t help but to be surprise at. “H-huh?”, “Let’s take a seat, and I’ll tell you something. I’m sure, you’ll like it.” This guy took a seat as he start rummaging the bag he’s been carrying all this time.

“Anyways, I’m Momo or Bandit Moguri. Whatever you want to call me is fine. What’s yours, kiddo~?” He suddenly asked while still rummaging his bag. I sighed and took a seat, facing him. “My name’s Dahyun. Other calls me Dubu for being so soft and pale. And for the last time, I’m not a kid. Technically, I’m much older than you so show some respect.” I replied monotonously.

“Pfft! No way, kiddo~! I’ll be your storyteller for today so do feel honored since I’m doing it for free just for you.” He stated with his smugly smiles. “Tsk, honored? Not in a million years, human. Dream high.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“Being grumpy again, huh? Oh well. So listen up! I have a book here about some foods and boozes that I’m sure you’ll die for to taste~! It was my own collection. You see, while stealing things, I spend most of what I get to buy dishes that I never tasted as I travel away from town to town.” He held out a pair of book.

He started flipping some pages while showing me the foods and drinks he’s proud to boast out to me. He kept on talking, explaining this, commenting that, while I … surprisingly listening as it took my full interest.

We both didn’t notice how time passed by. We’re just in our own world. “I never actually tasted anything that you showed me. We fairies only eat what this forest, our home, gives us.” My words stopped him and look directly at me in surprise.

“Y-you’re kidding, right? There’s no way you guys only eat fruits and such here.” He blurted in disbelief. I just gave out a small smile. A complete silence came before he stood up wordlessly and walk over the edge of the tree. “W-where are you going?”

He didn’t answer and just jump off. Deep inside, I was really hurt, but then … while should I, right? Isn’t he supposed to be going off anyway? He’s not from here so it’s pretty normal for him to finally leave this place.

‘Or maybe, he’s just bored of you.’ My mind suddenly said which unexpectedly struck me hard like a painful pang in my heart as if someone just stabbed me right in my left chest.

All of a sudden, I was crying. “You better straighten up, Dahyun. This isn’t you, and that guy is a human, an ominous, barbaric beast that has nothing but greed in their minds. Don’t let short conversation get you. You just meet a day ago. He’s nothing but a stranger to you.” I was curled into a ball for I don’t know how long.

I can’t sense anything for some reason. I was out of the world when someone pats my head. I looked up and saw him again, smiling brightly like the sun under the moonlight.

“Why looking so down~? You missed me, don’t cha?! Sorry, it took longer than expected. I brought you these~!” He rose both of his hands and arms, carrying a bunch of baskets full of what it seems like foods. Before curiosity kicked me, something from what he said snapped me.

“W-what are talking about me m-missing you?! Are you in your right mind or not? There’s no way I’m gonna miss y-you! DREAM HIGH, YOU CREEP!” I yelled uncontrollably. He just chuckled at me and heartily said, “Yeah, yeah. You didn’t, ok~? Chill out, kiddo.”

I pursed my lips as my cheeks starts to flush. ‘I just can’t believe him. This human is very despicable.’

“Forget that for now and taste this! The foods won’t wait for you and it won’t be delicious anymore if you let it get cold.” He said before picking up something and shoving it on my hands. “Here you go. Savor every bite. It’s really delicious, I swear.”

I followed what he said and took a glance at the food. It was covered with very a thin clothe. I took it out and it shows a large bun like what Momo showed me this morning. I had a bite of it and I can’t help but to squeal. “It’s so delicious. What is this?!” I didn’t even notice my own enthusiasm as I stare at his eyes.

“Haha, told you it taste good. It’s called meat bun, a big lump of bread with well-cooked minced meat inside. Here, try this one together with that. This is grill pork ribs. It’s a well-marinated rib of a pig which is cooked over a burning charcoal. Some called it barbequed pork, and some others cook beef ones.” He happily explained while I just listened as I munch over and over.

Night time came but the guy beside me never stopped talking. It’s not bad though. It does entertain me and made me forget that I was actually alone.

Momo stopped talking as he stretches his body while yawning with eyes closed tight. “Hmm … I’m sleepy. I’ll just continue what I am saying tomorrow. You go sleep too, Dubu.”, “No need. We fairies can go over forever even without sleeping.” I calmly said. He opened one of his eyes and looked at me. He then sighed.

Without any warning, he held my hand and pulled me beside him as he laid his tired body on the barky ground. We both lie flat there. He put the weight of his right arm over my stomach, restraining me from moving away. “I’ll just sleep too, I guess.” I positioned myself looking at him. “You’re going around so carefree and sleep as if like your road into world of dreams is just as easy as when you’re awake from reality.”

I reached out my hand to touch his face. “How I wish I’m that free too.” With that, I closed my eyes and led myself into slumber.

Somehow, my day became good. It was livelier. All those boring years suddenly disappeared just because of the presence of a certain someone … Momo. About four days had already passed, and each running hours of those days were spend with the two of us having fun.

You continued to share every story about your adventure around the world.

You’ll also go out and steal something just to show it to me. I tried stopping you since its bad, but you’ll just fire back at me with your jokes and remarks. I was surprised with how things changed in just a short period of time. I can’t get over with just a minute without you.

“Why do you want to drink the fountain, anyway?”

I once asked and you honestly answered, “It’s because my whole life was boring and I didn’t actually find the meaning of my existence, still. It was dull and dark. When I heard about this fountain thing, I thought, why not turn myself into an immortal so I can find the answer I was seeking for. I can have all days, months and years so there’s nothing to worry about aging and such.”

I nodded and asked again, “But what if after so many years, you still can’t find it?” You became quiet after that until you lowly answered while staring at me. “Then I’ll just continue searching.” I was fascinated that time. I found you different and unique. Those made me want to stick to you more.

My expectations over new things coming from you were getting bigger with each passing day. Even in sleeping, just being beside you, even just breathing feels good. Everything feels light around me because of you. Until it turned into a week, it’s still fascinating.

I can’t get over it. You’re slowly pulling me, and I’m just letting myself. Somehow, I understand what my friends felt right now. I finally got the answer of the love that they’re saying. Love can conquer you. In love, you’ll obey, you’ll decide, and you’ll take action. And all of those are for the person you’re sharing that strong feeling with. The endearment that made you turned into a stupid being.

You’ll become selfish and understanding at the same time. My friends choose to be selfish and follow their heart, and they also understood the consequences of their decisions. For the least I can say, they opened their eyes for a new world to be together with their love ones. And I think … I want to do that someday. I want to do that with Momo. ‘If this burden is gone, I will.’

What a beautiful day it is with you smiling together with me. I hope it won’t end. I hope you’ll stay forever.

“Oh, how I hope it was me that you wanted to steal and not that fountain." I blurted when, “Ok.” I was startled by Momo who’s behind me. I can’t stare back at him because of embarrassment. “W-w-what are y-you doing here?! I-I thought you were o-out for some r-raid?!” I kept stuttering while he’s only looking at me straight in the eyes.

“I did. But forget about that. Let’s go with what you said awhile earlier~! Hehehe~!” He dropped his bag and playfully acted like a hungry wolf. “S-stop joking! There’s no way that you’ll steal me. And even if you did, I can’t come with you. I still need to protect this forest until my brother comes back.” I stated which stopped him.

He stared blankly at me before saying the words I didn’t expect for him to say, “Then I’ll find him for you. Once I get your brother back. You’ll be mine and we’ll both travel the world together.” It may come out to be monotonously plain, but I can feel every bit of sincerity over this man’s words. Without noticing, I was crying.

He then embraced me. “I promise I’ll steal you, Dahyun. You’ll be mine no matter what.” I sniffed and nodded. He kissed my forehead and carried me. “You’re my bandit, Momo. You’re the only one who can steal this fairy’s heart.” We shared a meaningful smile.

Everything felt so good. It’s so beautiful. Love is so mesmerizing with him. I didn’t expect this to happen. “Momo, I love you.”, “I love you too, Da--”, He didn’t able to finish his words when something suddenly crashed near us.

In just a second, everything was getting eaten by bursting flames. A form of a sinister creature came in the picture, giving chills in every part of my bones as I trembled in fear.

“N-no way. They’re supposed to be sealed inside the demon world for sure since three thousand years ago. What is a demon doing here?!” I managed to say as my arms tightened its hold around Momo’s neck.

“That’s a demon?!” Momo’s eyes widened at me while I just nodded weakly. ”We should run away. We can’t defeat something like that.” I warned.

“Nah~! Leave this to me. You got the Fountain of Youth with you, right~?” His statement made me look at him. He put me down and took out his weapon. “What are you doing?! Let’s run while we’re still unnoticed!” I tried to stop him but this stubborn guy just pry me out.

“Trust me. I’ll beat the crap out of this with one … little … attack!” He moved swiftly, and in a second, he was already holding a big heart in his right hand. “See? Now, that thing is dead.” He said with a grin while I was beginning to panic.

“No, you don’t understand! Demons have seven--”, I wasn’t enable to finish what I am saying when a piercing blast came through me. But I’m not the only one who’s hurt though. Momo … he’s been cut through over his left shoulder until to his right waist. We both fell down.

Pain was shown in my eyes as I see him slowly dying. “M-Momo, don’t die just yet. Here … drink this … please.” With my remaining strength, I controlled some branches to pick up the sacred cup and face it in front of him.

I was about to tilt it when he held the cup and prevent it from pouring down. He looked straight in my eyes. “I know you can hear me. Don’t give me this water. YOU should drink it. YOU’RE the one who should live. Don’t worry about me, Dubu. Just live for me, ok~?” He said in his mind.

I looked down as I retrieve the cup. “G-good. Live for me. Now, I don’t need to worry any--”

His thoughts were cut when I kissed him. His eyes widened up as I pass the Fountain of Youth into his mouth. “Dahyun … why?” He involuntarily drinks it and his wounds magically healed in a second. “You’re the one who should live, Momo.” I said as I pulled over. A big foot was about to crash on us when Momo acted quickly and dodged it with ease while carrying me.

“You’re so stupid, you know?” He calmly said before putting me down. “Wait for a little while, ok? There’s a business I need to handle for a minute. I’ll be right back.” He then stood and turned to the devious beast.

“You really pissed me off big time! Now, let’s see who’s the last one standing … the big fat demon like you or the immortal bandit like me?!” He yelled to the demon before running forward, a fight of gruesome carnage started. It was the first time I ever saw Momo in full rage. He was like the demon himself in another form.

Large scratches here and a brutal gash there. It was truly a scary scene that unfolds right in front of me. In the end, Momo won. He came back to me with soften face.

“Hey, it’s done.” He said. “Thank you, Momo.” I weakly said and his face became sour. “Don’t leave me, Dahyun. I’ll fix this. Just hang in there, please.” He started pleading like a hopeless child.

“I’m sorry, Momo. I can’t. Instead, I’ll ask you a favor.” I reached out for something and gave it to him. “What’s this?”

“It’s the Fairy Tree’s last seed. I want you to plant it somewhere safe. It will turn to be the fairies new home.” I answered. “Huh? No way! You’re the one who’s going to plant this. This is yours! Come on. Don’t say it like that. Don’t leave me! Please stay by my side, Dahyun!” His words full of sadness made me tear up.

“Momo … can you say it again? What you said … earlier? About … stealing … me?” I requested while I raise my hand to touch his face.

I really know what love is now. I finally became selfish. I finally enable to decide and take action just for me and my love one. And for once, I felt happy with it, even though I am now grasping to my life that’s already fading. Even if it was only seven days, it was meaningful. Every single day was a beautiful day because I spent it with you.

What you said might be fulfilled only in a blurry dream now, but still … I’m satisfied. Knowing that you’ll do something like that just to have me is enough. I’m happy, Momo. Thank you for loving me.

“Sure. I promise, I’ll steal you … Dahyun …” My vision turn dark and everything was gone. I never got to hear it until the end but I know it … and I’m happy.

Momo’s POV

“Sure. I promise, I’ll steal you … Dahyun …” Her little hand left my cheek as she closed her eyes.

I feel hurt, very hurt. For the first time, I fell in love. I hope it won’t end. I hope it will be forever. My heart was crumpled and stabbed a multiple times. It was more painful than all the suffering I got when I was still a helpless little beggar. I thought every day was a beautiful day.

Now, I know. Why my co-bandits are retiring once they found their other half. It’s because they want to spend their days together with them for the rest of their lives. I felt it too within these seven days. I want to be with Dahyun. It came unexpectedly but because of it, I found a true color in my life. I finally found the meaning of my existence.

But right now, I don’t know. I was walking into blurry roads again. The light I found was gone.

“At least, let me finish first.” I said as my tears finally flow down my cheeks. Your hand is still holding firmly on the seed. ‘Is this really important to you?’

I took it and put it in my pocket. I carry your lifeless body in my arms and left the place that slowly withered with tears flowing down my faces. Pain, it stayed in me as I searched for your quest. I found a place to plant the seed and meet your selfish fairies. They gave your lifeless body a place to rest while I walk away with a heavy heart and an unbroken vow.

“I’ll find a way to revive you, Dahyun. I won’t stop until you’re back again. I’ll steal you no matter what.” I said as the wind blows and the leaves fall.

Author’s POV

(Present Time: Human Millennial Era…)

It was already sunset when the Japanese girl woke up from her deep sleep.

“That was a very long, weird dream.”  Momo said while stretching her back. She then dropped her gaze at the book on her lap. “I was already in the end.” She flipped into the last page and the written words were spoken out loud as she reads.

Message:

“A girl as small as a violet. A girl who moves like a flower petal is pulling me towards her more force than mass. Just then, like the falling apple, I rolled towards her without stopping until I fell on her with a thump. My heart keeps bouncing between the sky and the ground, it was my first love.

It's a beautiful life, the days that I have spent with you. It was magical and mystical. Things turn so light as if no worries are hanging over my shoulders. If I am with you under the sun, everything’s fine. I can freely smile. It was so not me but I like it, and so do you. Every emotion was positive when I’m with you.

I'll be behind you as you fall, and catch you with tender holds. The warmth of my arms will go to you as I embrace you firmly yet carefully. I'll be living in the memories of you as yours live in mine. I hope a beautiful day will came by as I cry for you. It's a beautiful life, it really is, but only if you were here. Beautiful is a word to explain your heart and your love.

Always I'll protect you even if I had to deal with millions of pain just to ensure that you’re safe. I swear I won’t hesitate to live in hell just for your freedom.

 I’ll continue until you’ll finally be able to lean on me again. I’ll search around the world without spending a day resting if I have to. I’ll do everything to see your tears and your smiles again. The day I loved you so badly never disappeared because until now, my love for you never faded. I’m still badly craving for your presence.

I don't want to lose you to be honest. That’s why I cursed up in the sky, because I want to know why it had to be so cruel to the two of us. I was answered with nothing so I searched for it myself. Miles and miles were travelled with my immortal feet, leaving fading tracks behind.

The memories which resemble with you in the world were stuck in my head within all these passing years of my lonely adventure. Those are remained to me to remember and to shed tears into. I want to spend this walk with you, I really do. But this is just unfair, I guess?

The memories of you that both made me smile and frown, and the memories with you that keeps on giving me strength and false hope. Just how can I save you, Dahyun?

Please, if I finally found the solution, don't leave me. Don’t ever leave my side again, for I'll be by your side no matter what in return.

I wrote this little story of mine for one sole purpose. To leave a mark is to leave a scar. The scar that I have was the scar of the undying pain that I received when she left me in this world full of nothing but cruelty.”

Unknown to Momo, she’s slowly shedding tears as she read the last sentence. It made her so sad without any clear explanation. All of a sudden, her mind clicked as she remembered something.

“M-my dream just now … it’s about this book, right? That girl … the fairy maiden named, Dahyun … and the famous bandit that turn into an immortal … he’s name is … Momo.” The girl gasped about the realization she just foresee.

She was spacing out when her phone rung. It was Jeongyeon, calling her to get her in the former’s house. Momo obliged and quickly get herself a ride into her best friend’s house, still having the confusions running in her mind.

“What took you so damn long?! I was looking out in space like a lost kid for about an hour now, you know?!” Jeong said as the blonde girl flung the door of her friend’s bedroom open like it’s hers. “Chill your out, Ostrich. If I got pissed on your spiteful tongue, I won’t help you anymore.” Momo threatened which turn the shorthaired girl to act like an angel all of a sudden.

“Anyways, before that, I tried inviting Chaeng and Chewy to help us, but those two rascals are busy hunting chicks as if they’re some kind of Casanova es, so they send a very close friend of them instead. It’s a she, and if it’s ok to you, she’ll be helping us here about … right … now!” Just after the older one’s word, the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it.” Jeongyeon said before leaving Momo, who was busy thinking of a plan for her friend’s surprise. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Unnie.” A not-so-unfamiliar voice coming from behind made Momo slowly turn around. Her world suddenly turned into slow motion. Train of thoughts started running through her mind once again.

‘She’s here … the maiden fairy. The one Momo … I am looking for … Dahyun is in front of me.’ Momo can’t stop staring at the newcomer. “Hi, Unnie. I’m Kim Dahyun, but you can call me Dubu. I’m sorry, but is there something on my face?” The youngest kindly asked which snapped the blonde out of her own world.

“N-nothing! I mean, nice to meet you too, kiddo~! I-I MEAN, DAHYUN! I’m Momo. Hirai Momo.” Due to embarrassment, the blonde girl hid her red face behind her hands. The youngest girl just giggled.

“So how are we going to prepare this?” Jeong kindly asked in a very weird tone. Sadly, the eldest was disregarded as the two had started a staring contest.

“Have you … by any chance … know the story of ‘The Fairy & The Bandit’?” Dahyun asked. “Yeah, but I don’t get the ending of it. Do you know the actual ending?” With new unknown found confidence, Momo easily blurted out words she, herself, didn’t expect to utter.

“Yes. To be honest, I had the actual last sheet of the book.” The pale white skinned girl took out an old piece of paper from her side bag and gave it to Momo.

Message:

It's a sorrowful life to go on after knowing that my existence in the world was cut off and ended unexpectedly. How ironic it is that deep down, I’m still happy even after this death. To me who can't overcome a sadness that was built inside my little heart, it was a big surprise to realize how much I changed because of him.

A saddest moment that also taught me how to be brave and selfish crossed over our silly destiny. It is indeed a sorrowful day for the two of us, but still … a smile is plastered over my small face. I know that you won’t break your promise so I’ll continue on travelling these depths of nothingness, searching for a solution to get away from this sorrowful life.

I also know that you’ll never stop looking for the miracle you once disregarded. You’ll bring me back to your side no matter what, so I won't be living in the memories. You’ll continue travelling the rough roads for our unclear future with full confidence, so I’ll do the same.

I’ll be waiting for our next meeting, even if it distorts the fate of our life.

I wrote this little story of mine for one sole purpose. To heal someone’s scar. The scar of the undying pain that I left for him to bear alone in that world full of nothing but cruelty.”

Momo stared at the pale girl and smiled. “I think, they actually met again and had a long adventure together.” The shorter girl giggled and nodded. “I do think the same too.”

“Hey! Come on, you lazy gays! You two are here to help me, not to flirt with each other! Let’s finish this first before you two wet yourselves later!” Jeongyeon shouted in annoyance which made the two blushed hard.

“O-ok! No need to shout, you know?!” Momo got to the eldest latter first, followed by an embarrassed Dahyun. “I wanna have a beautiful life like them. Want to continue their fairytale with me, Bandit M?” Dahyun asked out of the blue as they assist the short-haired girl.

“I don’t know to be honest, kiddo. But … sure. Why not? It’s a very beautiful day today anyway~.” The blonde answered with a wide grin.

(Somewhere so far away…)

“So what country do you want to move on over this time?” A kid looking girl asked the tall, muscular, blonde guy beside her. “I dunno. You pick for us, Dubu~!” The guy happily replied before carrying the girl and letting her sit over his broad shoulders. “Ok, let’s go to Seoul then. Is that fine, Moguri?” The latter just nodded at the girl’s question.

“We have all the time anyway so anything is fine … as long as I’m with you, Dahyun.” The blonde guy stated, making the little girl blush and giggle heartily. “Me too, Momo. If we’re together, everything is always a beautiful adventure.”

The two just shared a meaningful and loving smile as they slowly disappears with the cool fresh breeze flowing thoroughly the wonders of the vast lands together with the dry leaves of the peaceful day of a mystical yet purely breath-taking life upon them.