Apartment

Let You Go

CHAPTER 6~

 

Sejeong’s POV [ohhhhhh the pov that people are waiting for]

 

Sejeong opened her apartment door only to be greeted with beer cans and dead air. She have a love-hate relationship with this apartment, this apartment is where her happiest moment took place, where she felt genuine joy, but at the same time this apartment made her feel lonely and thousands of haunting memories lives here.

 

She wants to hate this place, but how can you hate something that made you feel blissful?

She picked up the beer cans and threw them away. She loves the fact that those cans pretty much summarized her whole life. You’re happy and contented, but people will consume you for their own satisfaction until you’re – empty.

Ah, empty – the perfect word to describe how she’s feeling right now. With the eyes that could not cry no more, she gazed around her lifeless abode. Reminiscing how this place used to be her haven, a place where she would run to when she needs a shoulder to lean or cry on.

 

F L A S H   B A C K

 

The room was filled with silence as her father starts to read her report card. Two air conditioner were on but Sejeong was still sweating like crazy, but she barely notice. The only thing she was aware of is the sound of her heart palpitating against the cage of her chest.

 Her father shakes his head and his eyes visible of disappointment.

 

‘I’m screwed, heaven take me.’

 

“Why can’t you at least get to top 3? Damn it, I told you to try harder, but you didn’t. Can you at least try being like your brother and get straight 1’s all the time? This is shameful!Sejeong’s dad uttered, he smashed his hand on the table, and pointed his finger at her daughter, “I spoil you and this is what you’re giving me back?” His teeth clenched his voice almost a shout but not.

Sejeong looked down unable to look at her father’s angry gaze, “I did my best, and it’s not my fault that I couldn’t meet your expectations.” Her voice was calm, but it doesn’t change the fact that she’s scared as hell.

He dropped his hand, “If that’s the case then I’m sad to say that your ‘best’ isn’t good enough.” He looks away, and starts to sign the papers on his desk, “And you can leave, I don’t want to see you right now.”

 

Sejeong didn’t waste any second, she instantly left that suffocating room. Her brother was waiting for her outside his father’s work room, his worried since he already knows what happened. Once he saw Sejeong stepped out that room he immediately pulled his little sister in his arms.

 

“Princess, you alright?” Her brother asked, concern found in his voice.

Sejeong could only nod, “Hey, can I borrow your car? Since dad would probably not allow me to use mine.” Sejeong asked.

“Sure.” Sejeong’s brother broke the hug and reached the car key in his pocket, “Here, drive safe okay? Don’t drink and drive.”

 

Sejeong nodded and bump her fist with his brother. She left the mansion and immediately hopped in her brother’s car – desperate to escape that hell hole. She starts the engine and drove where her heart took her.

 

--

 

She stepped inside her apartment and reached her phone inside her pocket, she rummages through her contacts.

It only took 3 rings for Somi to answer her call.

 

“Somi-yah.” Sejeong’s voice cracks as she calls her lover’s name.

“Sejeong’ah? What’s wrong? Are you crying? Did something happen? Tell me.” Somi’s voice calmed Sejeong down. She smiles – loving the fact that Somi bombarded her with questions.

“Can you come at my apartment? I really need you right now.” Sejeong uttered, she bites down her lips – trying her best to hold down her tears.

“Mhmm, I’ll be there. Wait for me, okay? Don’t do anything stupid, I’ll kill you.” Somi uttered before quickly ending the call.

 

A small smile plastered on Sejeong’s face. How can a voice soothe someone?

 

Ten long minutes had passed when suddenly the doorbell rang; Sejeong sprinted to open the door – desperate to see the younger girl. She opened the door and immediately takes the younger girl in her arms. She buries her head in Somi’s neck and tears started to stream down her face.

Somi wrapped her arms around Sejeong’s waist. She never had seen Sejeong so fragile before, she definitely seen Sejeong cry but never this fragile. She ran her fingers through Sejeong’s hair and showered her girlfriend with kisses, “What’s wrong, Sejeong?”

Sejeong didn’t instantly answer Somi’s question, she let herself calm down, then she answered her girlfriend’s question – explaning everything that happened.

 

“I just don’t get it. I did try; I even sacrifice my own heart for that stupid ranking.” Sejeong rants. They’re now sitting on the couch but this time Somi’s face is the one buried on Sejeong’s neck.

Somi raised her brow, lifting her head in confusion. “Heart? The hell do you mean?”

Sejeong chuckled “Remember those night that I didn’t call and text you?” Sejeong answered.

“Yeah? What about it?” Somi asked again, still not getting what the older girl is trying to say.

“My hearts aches when I don’t text or call you.” She looks at Somi and pouts.

Somi’s heart instantly melted, blood rushed to her face, she hits Sejeong’s arm and buries her face in her lover’s neck, “So cheesy.” She uttered.

 

They stayed in that position for until Somi fell asleep in Sejeong’s loving arms. Talking to the younger girl is like therapy for the older girl but the only difference is she enjoys every second of it. She enjoys how Somi would smile when Sejeong compliments her, how she would laugh when she teases the older girl, how she would pout when she’s the one getting teased, how her eyes sparkle when they talk about their future, how her lavender scent makes her so damn attractive, how she falls deeper and deeper with this younger girl – she loves it.

 

Sejeong carried Somi to her bedroom; she tucks her sleeping beauty in and gave her a kiss on the forehead. She goes to the guest bedroom and plopped down on the bed, it didn’t even take her minutes to fall asleep.

Sejeong was woken up by the sun burning her left cheek. She groaned and tries to go back to sleep but she remembered that Somi was sleeping in her room. She gets up, she runs her fingers through her hair since her bangs was in the way. She leaves the room and was greeted by her brother on the living room watching tv.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?! Sejeong uttered. It got the attention of her brother.

 

“Oh, hey buddy. I didn’t know you were still dating that kid, and I’m surprised that you didn’t sleep in the same room.” He smiled at Sejeong. It was a genuine smile.

“I told you, I love her. I won’t let her go easily, and I respect her brother.” Her voice is calm as the thought of Somi alone calms her nerves down.

“That is good. But you have to know that disobeying father’s order will only harm you.” Her brother uttered, his voice is serious and his smile was gone.

Sejeong nodded, “Of course. Why brother, are you going to be a snitch and tell father about this?” Her voice is cold and face is expressionless

“Of course not, I wouldn’t do that to my precious dongsaeng.”  His serious face was no longer there because it was replaced with a smile, “I’m glad that you finally got someone I 'hope is worth fighting' for.” He uttered.

Sejeong smiles confidently “She’s worth fighting for.” She stated.

 

This is why Sejeong loves her brother. He’s supportive just like her mother and very caring. Though she hates him when her father compares her to her older brother, but she feels guilty when she thinks that.

 

“Fight for her then. But for now take her home, father is looking for you.” He uttered.

Her face goes pale, “Why?”

He stands up and goes to the door – ready to leave,“I don’t know, but if I were you – prepare yourself.” He warned Sejeong and left.

 

‘Damn it.’

 

E N D   O F   F L A S H B A C K

 

All good things must come to an end, indeed.’ 

 

‘But you didn’t have to take the only good thing that I have – life is so ing unfair.’

 

She punches the wall behind her, leaving a nasty mark on her hand. It should hurt, but she felt nothing – she just feels a lonely tear escaped her eye.

 

‘I guess people truly go numb when they had enough of life’s bullsh1t.’

---

SO YEAH. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO MAKE THIS CRAPPY, AND SHORT 4SS CHAPTER. SOWI, MY SCHED IS HELLA PACKED