Yuju

Let You Go

CHAPTER 12

Hello, people. This chapter was rushed so ignore the misspelled words and the incorrect grammar :D. HAPPY READING

 

 

Chaeyeon sat quietly in class, writing down her answers confidently. When everything in her test paper was filled with possibly correct answers, she didn't hesitate to pass the test paper to her professor, majority of her classmate already left because they finished earlier than expected.

Well, she wanted to pass her last test exam so she made sure to answer it correctly, so it took her sometime.

 

'Finally! Real world, I'm coming.'

 

She stepped out her classroom; she took a final look of her classroom and went to the locker area.

Chaeyeon took out all her books, her test paper from a few years back, and some memorable items. She was busy emptying her locker when a familiar voice called her.

"Chaeyeon unnie!"

She turned her head and sees Doyeon and Yoojung running towards her.

"Hey, kiddos." She greeted them.

Both stopped in front of Chaeyeon, their hands on their knees as they try to catch their breath.

"We were looking for you!" Doyeon breathlessly uttered.

Chaeyeon grabbed her bottled water in the side of her backpack, "Water, kids?" She offered.

Yoojung immediately took it, she twisted the cap and chugged it, and after she's done she gave it to Doyeon who gladly accepted it.

"So why were you guys looking for me?"  Chaeyeon asked out of curiosity.

Doyeon and Yoojung smiled at her, "Well unnie since this is your last day in this University," Yoojung uttered, looking at Doyeon signaling her to continue.

Doyeon seemed to understand, "Why don't you come to the party this evening?" Doyeon then suggested.

Yoojung aggressively nod, "All the seniors are invited unnie! This is going to be fun!"

Chaeyeon sighed and closed her locker, "Look, kiddos. You know this unnie doesn't really like to party-"

Doyeon pressed her index finger on Chaeyeon's lips telling her to shut up.

"Unnnniiiieeee, at least make your last day here memorable!" Doyeon whined.

"Oh crap. Doyeon take of care of Chaeyeon unnie, I have to invite the other seniors." Yoojung said while staring at her phone which looked like it had a list.

"No problem, goodluck midget!" Doyeon uttered and waved her hand.

Yoojung rolled her eyes, "Bye goliath."

In a few seconds the midget was gone.

 

'She's fast for someone who can't even reach the top locker.'

 

Chaeyeon was about to sneakily leave but the younger girl was faster than expected she grabbed Chaeyeon's wrist before she could make her unplanned escape.

"Unnie, c'mon! It's going to be fun, lit even!"

Chaeyeon's face turned sour, "Seriously? Are you really younger than me? 'Lit'? That's so 2017."

"Whatever unnie! Just come, I won't leave until you say yes." Doyeon insisted.

 

'How do kids do this? Forcing someone is so tiring.'

 

"Look Doyeon, I don't like parties you know that."

Doyeon sighed and squeezed the older girl's cheeks, "That's why you're coming, so you can finally see the joy of partying! C'mon!"

Chaeyeon placed her hand on her forehead; she's seriously getting a headache from Doyeon.

"What do you say, unnie?"

"Are you coming?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Of course! After all, my sister was the one who planned the party." Doyeon answered happily when she felt that Chaeyeon is slowly agreeing to her.

A defeated sigh escaped Chaeyeon's lips, "Make sure the beer there taste good, not like cat piss." She uttered.

"Is that an indirect way of telling me your coming?" Doyeon asked, dumbfounded.

Chaeyeon nodded then suddenly the younger girl hugged her.

"Yey! This is why I like you!" Doyeon happily uttered which made Chaeyeon chuckle.

"Unnie, I have to catch up on Yoojung, see you later! Don't keep my hopes up." She said before running off.

 

'Aish, that kid.'

 

-

 

She plopped down in her bed and was ready to drift to dreamland when suddenly she hears her phone's familiar chime. She ignored it but the familiar chine doesn’t go away, so she grabbed her phone and slid her finger to answer the call.

"What?" Irritation can be heard in Chaeyeon's voice.

“Chill there buddy.” Her friend, Chungha uttered.

“Do you need something, hamster?”

She heard Chungha hiss and that made Chaeyeon laugh a little bit, “You really love teasing me, don’t ya?” She could almost feel that Chungha rolled her eyes although she cannot see her, “Anyways, you coming later?”

Chaeyeon sighed when she remembered that she’ll be going to that party, “Yeah, I was kinda forced to.”

“It’s going to be fun, only seniors are in the party, plus we won’t get in trouble anymore if the teachers finds out.”

“Doyeon is going to be there, though?”

“Well, duh. She’s the sister of Tzuyu after all.”

Chaeyeon hummed in response, “But I really don’t want to go-“

She stopped when suddenly she hears the door clicks telling her that someone’s home, “Hey, I’ll call you later, bye.” She uttered before hanging up the call.

She left the bedroom and went straight to the kitchen where a beautiful human being stood.

“Hey, my beautiful, wonderful, gorgeous, perfect and all the adjectives that describe the Goddess you are girlfriend.”

Somi laughed and hit Chaeyeon’s shoulder, “Oh my God, so freaking cheesy.”  She wrapped her arms around Chaeyeon and kissed her cheek.

“How’s your exam?” Somi asked.

Chaeyeon breathe in her girlfriend’s intoxicating smell, if she was given the chance to – she would drown in this scent, and that would be the death of her – if only it was possible.

“Good, how’s your day?” Chaeyeon asked back.

“Stressful, I feel like my professor hates us.” Somi pouted which made Chaeyeon chuckle.

She pats Somi’s head, “Don’t worry, I love you.”

“Aish, you cheesy !” Somi laughed and pinched Chaeyons’s side.

The two laughed for a few minutes, then slowly the room fell silent – but it was a comfortable type of silent.

“Somi, can I go-“

“Chae, I’m going-“

They looked at each other and chuckled, “You first,”Chaeyeon uttered.

“Well, Nayoung, Kyulkyung, Sejeong and I are going to have dinner together, Sejeong invited you, want to come?” Somi asked and smiled at Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon mentally cursed herself for agreeing to Doyeon, “I want to, but.. I can’t.”

“Why?” The younger girl tilted her head like a puppy which made Chaeyeon’s heart literally melt.

“I promised to go to the party later. All seniors are invited and Tzuyu’s sister Doyeon invited me to come, well, more like forced me to come,” She pouted.

Somi chuckled, “You’re graduating next week, Chaeyeon, at least enjoy your last day in school.”

“But what about you?” She uttered her pout never leaving her face.

The Canadian playfully rolled her eyes, “I’m going to be fine, I’ll be with Kyulkyung, remember?”

“But Somi-“ Chaeyeon was cut off when her girlfriend’s soft fingers was gently pressed on her lips, “I’m also with Sejeong unnie, you trust her right?”

She frozed for a second but regained herself right away.

 

‘Sejeong? I trust her, but I’m afraid to lose you.’

 

“Yeah, I trust her,” She smiled and after that Somi kissed the older girl’s forehead.

-

 

Chaeyeon can hear the loud music outside the venue where the party was being held. She can see the familiar faces that are walking in inside the venue. She fixed her denim jacket and slowly walked in, as she got closer and closer the music became louder and the voices of the people inside can be heard much clearer.

The whiff of alcohol immediately greeted her when she stepped inside; the music was so loud that it filled every single corner of the room with music, neon lights flashed everywhere like police sirens, but much more colorful and vibrant.

Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. It wasn’t very clear but Chaeyeon could make out some words, thanks to her unbelievably good hearing.

“Isn’t that Chaeyeon? Holy crap, she’s beautiful.”

“She’s smart and hot at the same time. Does she have a boyfriend?”

“I don’t she have one.”

“She has a girlfriend, and her girlfriend is super hot too.”

“Dude did you see her post in Instagram? Did you see her circle of friends? They’re all super hot.”

She rolled her eyes. Sometimes she wished that her hearing isn’t so good so she couldn’t hear all the BS in life.

“Girl, I stalked every single one that was tagged in that photo, I think I fell in love with Sejeong!

“Kyulkyung is freaking gorgeous too.”

“Nayoung also!

 

‘How the did they remember their names? That’s some next level FBI skills – not really.’

 

To say that Chaeyeon isn’t popular in school is totally wrong. She has it all, she’s beautiful, smart, kind, and her mysterious personality makes her incredibly hot, so, yeah she’s incredibly popular in school and even on other schools.

Chaeyeon slightly jumped when she felt someone tap her shoulder.

“Did I scare you?” Chungha smirked.

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes, “What do you think?”

“I don’t know?” She shrugged, “Loving the attention you’re getting? Imagine a party with The Great Chaeyeon.”

Chaeyeon frowned, “I hate it.”

“OMG, its Chungha!” One girl squealed making Chungha and Chaeyeon look at her. Chungha, being the flirt she is, winked at the girl and made the girl blush and look away.

“Gross,” Chaeyeon uttered and pretended she was going to puke.

“You haven’t even drink any alcohol yet and you’re already going to puke?” The younger girl playfully hit her arm, “Speaking of alcohol, hey let’s get something to drink.” Chungha suggested.

Chaeyeon was a little bit reluctant because everytime alcohol is mentioned she remembers the words she uttered to Somi.

“Come on, I know your girlfriend won’t mind  if you drink a little bit, and this is for hanging up the call earlier without giving me a chance to say goodbye.”

 

‘She’s right; I know Somi wouldn’t mind, right? I might as well enjoy myself while I’m here.’

 

They walked towards the bar area where the drinks are being served, they sat on the bar stool and ordered a few shots. As the hours passed and Chaeyeon was already in her 8th shot and Chungha was nowhere to be seen (she probably went off and flirted with everyone in the party) she can already feel the side effects of the alcohol and that includes doing stupid things, but even though the alcohol already seeped in Chaeyeon’s blood she was still a little bit conscious.

As the night grew darker and the song that was being played got louder, she gotten more courage to do stupid things, the song changed to Beyonce’s new song, which made Chaeyeon jump out her seat and join the crowd. She was jumping with the beat and singing the lyrics to Beyonce’s new song. She was jumping around when suddenly someone’s hands found its way to her face.

“What the hell?” She hissed and looked around the vicinity if she can find the culprit, while cupping her face.

“Omo! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hit your face,” A girl appeared in front of her.

Even though Chaeyeon’s vision was pretty much blurred and everything just won’t focus, she managed to paint out the stranger girl’s face.

 

‘What the fck, she’s adorable..’

 

‘What the hell Chaeyeon, you're drunk.’

 

She mentally kicked herself and stared at the girl in front of her. She was wearing something simple – t-shirt and jeans.

“Hey, are you okay? Did I hit you that hard? I was just dancing around and I didn’t realize that my arms were flinging around.” The taller girl uttered.

“H-huh? Yeah, it’s fine.” Chaeyeon should be mad right? But why isn’t she? Pretty girls really are damn lucky.

“Are you sure?” She cupped Chaeyeon’s cheeks – where her hand landed. “I’ll get you something to drink, and then we can call it quits, what do you say?”

Chaeyeon froze on her spot at the sudden skinship. She didn’t know what to do, should she push her and run away, or just accept the kind offer?

Chaeyeon nodded, because honestly that sounded like a good idea, I mean another drink wouldn’t hurt right?

The girl grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the crown and into the area where the drinks are being served, the stranger raised her hand to get the bartender's attention and once she was successful, she uttered, “Can you get us something to drink?”

“Sure what would you fine ladies want?”

The beautiful strainger turned her head to Chaeyeon, “What do you want?”

“Anything,” Chaeyeon answered.

“Anything,” The girl then said.

 

‘Wow. She’s weird.’

 

Minutes have passed and the bartender presented two drinks in front of them, Chaeyeon obviously don’t know what the drinks are but as long as it’s not fatal, she’s good.

Chaeyeon took the drink and took a sip – it was bitter as expected but it still tasted good.

“Oh, yeah I forgot,” Chaeyeon turned her head to look at the girl, “I forgot to tell you my name,” She smiled and her eyes disappearing in the process.

 

‘Wow she’s really cute.’

 

“The name is Choi Yuna, but you can call me Yuju.” She reached her hand.

Chaeyeon looked at Yuju’s hand, hesitating to shake it but she realizes that a new friend won’t hurt her.

“Chaeyeon.”

They shook hands. After that they started to talk about their lives and how they ended up in this party, as the music grew louder their conversation gotten deeper and deeper, until the only thing that was in Chaeyon’s mind are the lips pressed into hers, and the arms that are loosely wrapped around her neck

Yuju’s lips felt soft and nice – it was addicting, and surprisingly Chaeyeon was craving for it. It was almost sweet, probably because of the strawberry lip balm Yuju used. Her arms found its way to her waist –pulling her closer and deepening the kiss.

Chaeyeon dragged her left hand to Yuju’s nape while her right arm was still wrapped around her waist. She bit Yuju’s lower lip eliciting a soft moan from her.

The music was indeed loud but she heard her moan loud and clear.. and it sounded so nice.

They were in a steamy hot make-out session when suddenly Chaeyeon felt a pair of hands drag her away from Yuju. She was looking at Yuju as she was harshly being dragged away out of the venue. Once they were finally outside she felt her back slammed behind the cold wall.

“What the hell was that, Chaeyeon?!” A familiar voice pierced her ears.

Everything was blurry, she couldn’t see clearly but the voice – her voice.. She knew exactly who it was.

“Somi..” Chaeyeon uttered, and once the name of her beloved slipped out her tongue everything was back to normal. As if she didn’t take any alcohol earlier, as if she wasn’t drunk. And Chaeyeon wished it didn’t go back to normal – because seeing Somi crying in front of her is last thing she wanted to see.

“Answer me, Chaeyeon.” She gritted her teeth and wiped her tears with the back of her hand, “What the was that?”

“Somi.. I-I’m sorry..” She looked down, unable to look at her girlfriend who was crying in front of her.

The younger girl chuckled bitterly, “Sorry? Do you think your ‘sorry’ is enough to make up for what you’ve done?!” She slammed Chaeyeon back to the wall when she tried to hug the younger girl.

The older girl groaned in pain when her back was painfully slammed on the wall, “S-Somi I didn’t mean to-“

“What do you mean ‘you didn’t mean to’?! Chaeyeon I watched you kiss her back and I waited, I ing waited for you to push her away but you didn’t, I-I was ing waiting Chaeyeon, but I soon realized that I was waiting for something that will never happen.” Somi’s voice cracked multiple times completing that sentence, she clenched her fist turning her knuckles white and maybe even popping a vein or two.

“This is just fair, Somi.” Chaeyeon coldy uttered and looked straight into her eyes.

“What do you mean?”

“Do you honestly think I didn’t know?!” The older girl asked holding back her tears and the urge to punch the wall repeatedly.

“You also k-kissed Sejeong, and do you know why I know this?” She grabbed Somi’s shoulder, her nails digging into her skin making the younger girl hiss in pain, “Because Sejeong told me. Of all the people, Sejeong was the one who told me.”

Chaeyeon’s hands dropped, she was now only holding her shoulder, “Somi why don’t we just stop being stupid already!? Can we j-just stop acting like we are happy? Because it hurts.. seeing you so in love with Sejeong, I can’t.. I can’t watch how you stare at her with such loving eyes – it kills me.”

“Chaeyeon, what do you mean? I love you; you’re the one I love, why are you telling me this?” Somi cupped her cheek.

Chaeyeon smiled when the the warmth of her hand touched her face, but she didn’t want to hurt herself anymore so she removed the younger girl’s hand from her cheek, “You don’t.. love me, Somi. You’re just afraid of hurting me, you’re just afraid of me hating you – Somi, you don’t.. love me, you’re just afraid,” She answered as her hands trembled on Somi’s shoulder.

“And the only reason you keep denying that you’re deeply in love with Sejeong is because you’re afraid of getting hurt again.”

She let’s go of her shoulders and wiped the tears that keeps on falling down the younger girl’s eyes, “Somi, you’re just afraid, but you don’t need to be afraid anymore. Sejeong won’t hurt you anymore, and don’t worry I’ll.. m-move on and find  someone that I can love.. someday.” Chaeyeon uttered her voice was shaking and a pearl-shaped droplet of water managed to escape her eyes.

Saying those words hurts – more than she expected. Chaeyeon didn’t really know that loving someone can be this painful, can be this hard, and can be tiring. But when the day come and she sees Somi happy with Sejeong, then all of that is worth it.

“Chaeyeon-“

Chaeyeon smiled when she heard Somi calling her name – it was the most soothing sound she heard in a while after all that loud music and the shout of people inside the venue.

“Somi.” She cuts her off; she took a few steps forward. Chaeyeon is now beside the younger girl. The Canadian was facing the wall, while Chaeyeon was facing the opposite direction, “Somi, I’m.. letting you go.” She uttered before walking off and entering the venue once again.

Her steps were heavy, once she entered the venue was once again. She was greeted by loud music and the smell of alcohol, her eyes finally gives in, she no longer fought back the tears that were threating to fall since earlier.

Yes, it hurts. But she wants to believe that she did the right thing. She wants to believe that letting go of Somi was the right thing to do.

And she just wishes that it was really the right thing to do.

-