Love and Hate

Let You Go

CHAPTER 13

 

 

Somi helplessly watched as Chaeyeon slowly walked away from her. And it felt very similar; the feeling of someone leaving you behind, it was so familiar.

 

'Did she just break up with me?'

 

Every step that Chaeyeon took was a painful stab in her heart, it was pure torture, but Somi wasn't able to do anything. She can't think straight, she can't move her body and it was because of the overwhelming pain circulating around her heart.

The way Chaeyeon just walked away, the way she uttered such words, the way she just left Somi so broken - it was so familiar.

 

'Sejeong, and now Chaeyeon?'

 

'How can life be so unfair?’

 

She doesn't want to feel this - not again. Because Somi promised, she promised herself that she will never feel this familiar sensation, ever again.

But here she is, staring blankly in the sky as her vision becomes blurry by her unshed tears.

Why does this hurts much more? Why? Is it because she loved Chaeyeon more? Or is it because she's still in love with Sejeong?

Little droplets of water started to drip from the sky as she was lost in her own thoughts.

 

'Rain?'

 

What a perfect time. The heavy pour of rain that touched her body felt comforting, it was cold - very cold. And it felt familiar once again.

The night when Sejeong left Somi it began to snow. And the night when Chaeyeon left Somi it began to rain.

Her clothes began to get soaking wet, but she couldn't care any less.

"Sejeong and now Chaeyeon?" She uttered.

In the distant a silhouette of a person can be seen, she screams Somi's name through the heavy rain, but the younger girl didn't seem to hear her.

"Sejeong and now Chaeyeon?" She uttered repeatedly still not believing what just happened.

"Sejeong and now-"

"Somi!" The girl screamed through the heavy sound of the rain.

Somi lifelessly turned her head where the voice came from,

"Sejeong.." She muttered under breathe.

The older girl ran towards Somi and in an instant a warm leather jacket was placed over the brunette's head.

"What do you think you're doing, huh?!" Sejeong pulled Somi close but her arms never wrapping the younger girl.

The warm aura of the older girl radiates to Somi making her forget that she was freezing earlier, but even though Sejeong's warmth was soothing, the anger inside her didn't seem to fade away,

"Why are you here?" She said in a calm voice but the hint of sadness, anger, and confusion was still there.

"You didn't answer my question, Somi." Sejeong cooed but when the older girl didn't get any reply from the younger girl, she decided to not ask her anymore, so instead she uttered: "Come on, it's not safe in here let's dry you up," She held Somi's hand tugging it gently.

The brunette stared at the older girl's eyes for a few seconds and saw something in them she despised so much - love and concern.

With so much force she yanked her hand from Sejeong's grasp making the older girl stumble a few steps.

"Why are you here?!" Somi uttered between her gritted teeth.

Sejeong brushed her wet bangs out of the way, and looked at Somi, her gray eyes boring into her soul, "You suddenly left us hanging so I was worried with what happened.." Sejeong paused and shivered when she felt a freezing cold breeze brushed against her bare skin, "So I followed you here." Her voice was shaky, the coldness never leaving her bare skin.

She gave Somi her jacket, but she doesn't regret her decisions.

Somi looked down not knowing what to feel, she almost wanted to run in Sejeong's arm but suddenly out of nowhere she feels this incredible anger running in her bloodstream.

"I don't need you to worry about me, I don't remember hiring a baby sitter, Sejeong," Somi spoke and clenched her fists her nails digging in her palms.

"Somi, let's get out of the rain first then we'll talk about it, okay?" Sejeong uttered calmly, ignoring the painful words that the younger girl uttered she tries to grab her hand.

Somi violently pushed Sejeong away making her fall on the cold ground, "Why are you doing this? Why did you come back?!"

Sejeong's lower body was painfully slammed on the ground, but she still got up ignoring prickly cuts on her hand that the rough ground gave her, and the endless painful throb in her chest, "Somi, you're going to get sick," She uttered calmly like nothing ever happened.

Somi stared at Sejeong with such anger, she blames her for what happened, but deep inside she knows it’s all her fault. She got no one to blame but herself. She got no one to pour her anger on except for Sejeong.

"Somi, I'll take you home. Come on, let's go?" The older girl suggested; she reached for the younger girl hoping for her to accept it, but Somi only slapped her hand away.

"Why are you doing this?" Somi asked her eyes fixed on the ground.

"Somi I-"

"Why did you come back?"

"Somi listen-"

"Why are you always so kind to me?" She finally brought her head up looking straight into Sejeong's eyes.

"Why? Why do you care so much about me? Why are you like this? I don't understand you, you left me all broken then suddenly you'll come back like nothing ever happened!"

"Somi-" Sejeong tries to hold her but she gets pushed away.

"Why did you come back?! If you didn't-"

"Because I love you!" Sejeong yelled at her, "And I always did, I never unloved you Somi, that was an impossible task for me."

 

'Because I love you!'

 

'I love you.'

 

Sejeong's words echoed in her mind. It felt so nice.

Somi's tears that she had been holding back since earlier finally gushed out, she cried along with the heavy rain, and it felt great it almost felt like someone was crying with you.

Somi had been longing to hear those three words - from Sejeong. Her fist finally loosened.

"Sejeong, I don't need you anymore," It was almost a whisper.

Her tongue tasted bitter after saying those words, it was such a lie. Such awful lies.

She hates how Sejeong just stands there and just takes all of it in; she hates how she's always selfless.

She hates how she hates herself for making Sejeong cry.

A single tear rolled down Sejeong’s cheek and fell, lost among the millions of water droplets falling from the sky. It kept falling until Sejeong's cheeks became an endless stream of tears.

Somi hates how it hurts her when she sees her like that.

 

'Sejeong I need you.'

 

"Sejeong I don't need you anymore," She lied, "Just leave. Leave and never come back."

"Somi I'm sorry for everything-"

"Leave!" Somi shouted.

 

'Don't leave me all alone, Sejeong.'

 

Somi watched how the older girl wiped her tears away with the back of hand. She watched as her tensed muscles finally relaxed. She watched as the love of her life turn her back on her and started to walk away, every step that she took Sejeong's silhouette becomes more blurry - until it's finally gone.

 

'No..'

 

"No, no, no!" She ruffled her wet hair, and ran towards where she last saw Sejeong's silhouette, but to her dismay she saw nothing.

"What have I've done?" She grabbed her phone out her pocket and dialed Sejeong's number but no one was answering, it wasn't even ringing.

"No.."

Why did she do that? She loves Sejeong, Somi never stopped loving her, she was just in denial about her feelings. Probably because she was just scared of getting hurt again, just like what Chaeyeon said.

Her body felt weak, she didn't even realize that her knees were on the cold, wet ground. Everything becomes blurry, and rain fell heavier. Slowly her eyes started to close unknowingly, until her body plopped down on the ground and everything fell into complete darkness.

 

-

 

Somi slowly opened her eyes once she did she was greeted by a white wall, blinding lights.

 

'Where am I?'

 

"Somi!" A familiar voice called her; she slowly turned her head to her right where a voice called her. When she did that she was immediately assaulted by an excruciating pain in the head. Somi held her forehead due to pain.

"Are you okay? Nayoung call the nurse please," Kyulkyung uttered.

Somi knew it was Kyulkyung without even seeing her face, her obnoxious voice, it was so obvious. The door clicked when Nayoung left.

The older girl patted Somi's back, "How are you feeling?"

"Great, I'm feeling great," Somi sarcastically uttered.

"You should, you've been sleeping for 2 days, I thought you got in a coma," Kyulkyung spoke in a teasing manner.

Somi raised her head to face Kyulkyung and she instantly noticed the older girl's swollen red eyes.

The younger girl smirked and hit the Chinese girl's shoulder, "You cried?"

"Yah, I didn't!" Kyulkyung took a few steps back and crossed her arms.

Somi laughed, "You cried? Haha!"

"I was worried!" Kyulkyung pouted, "I thought we lost you! Do you know how terrified I was when I got a call from Sejeong's father telling me that you got rushed to the hospital?! I almost got a heart attack."

"Mr. Kim?" Somi asked, confused.

Kyulkyung rolled her eyes, "You seriously don't remember anything? Sejeong's brother saw you passed out in the rain!"

 

'Wait what? How? When?'

 

She had so many questions but she wasn't able to say any of them.

The younger girl opened her arms, and smiled, "Come here."

The older girl ran in her arms and hugged Somi tightly, "You're so mean, Somi-ah!"

 

'Sejeong, I'm sorry.'

 

They stayed in that position for who knows how long.

The door opened and Nayoung along with a nurse entered.

"I'm jealous," Nayoung uttered. The two girls turned their head to face Nayoung who was pouting. Somi and Kyulkyung looked at each other, instead of pushing each other out of embarrassment they only giggled.

This made Nayoung’s pout turn to a frown.

"I'll be checking the patient now," The young nurse uttered.

"Yah, Kyulkyung get away from Somi, the nurse will check on her," Nayoung spoke, gently tugging her girlfriend's arm.

Kyulkyung lets go of Somi but only to latch on to Nayoung instead.

The youngest of the three giggled at her unnies,

 

'They're so cute.'

 

The nurse checked on her, did a few simple tests which she passed all.

"Alright, you'll be good to go." The nurse cheerfully said, "Just make sure to take the medicine the doctor gave you."

A few minutes had passed and everything was set, they were ready to leave when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it," Nayoung cooed and walked over to the door and opened it.

"Mr. Kim," Nayoung's voice was almost a whisper, her voice shakes but she managed to keep her face straight.

Somi feels her pulse pounding in her temples and her body twitches everytime she hears Mr. Kim speak.

"Goodafternoon, how is Somi?"

"Ah, she's actually awake now." Nayoung spoke and made way for Mr. Kim to enter.

He entered and in one swift step they were standing face to face, eyes staring into each other.

Somi's blood boils in anger, a muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of her lips.

"Can I talk to her in private?" He asked, the two just nodded and bowed their head before leaving the room.

"May I help you with something, Mr. Kim?" Somi asked, even though she's furious she still can't disrespect anyone.

He didn't reply instead he bowed his head in a 90 degree angle which shocked Somi.

"Sir, what are you doing?!" She asked and sprang out her bed and tried to raise his head.

"Sir-"

"Somi, I'm terribly sorry for what I did," He spoke then finally raised his head to meet Somi's eyes.

"I will never forgive myself for ruining such a perfect relationship," He cooed, he then takes Somi's hand squeezing it gently, "My daughter, Sejeong.. she loves you very much, and I know you can feel that."

Somi bit her lower lip, trying to hold the tears that threatened to leave her eyes. Because what Mr. Kim uttered next broke her to millions of pieces

"Somi I won't force you. But please bring my daughter back to life," He paused and looked at Somi as his eyes glistened in tears, "Love her again."

 

-

 

Mr. Kim already left because he had a meeting to catch up. He left Somi in her room all alone. Her thoughts wandering her head.

Actually the only thought inside her head right now is:

 

'Sejeong.'

 

She was so loss in her own world that she didn't even realized that someone entered her room.

Somi was snapped back to reality when someone shakes her gently. She then turned her head to see who it was.

"Chaeyeon," The Canadian cooed. She stared at the older girl intensely but Somi didn't seem to feel anything.

The sparks, the intoxicating warmth of Chaeyeon, the love. It was all gone.

"Somi, I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. But I don't regret anything," Chaeyeon said bluntly.

Somi only managed to nod, her tongue doesn't want to speak, her mind doesn't want to let go of Sejeong's words, her heart screams Sejeong's name. In other words she can't think straight.

“And if you’re curious as of why you’re here, it’s because Sejeong’s brother found you. Sejeong asked her brother to take you home.”

Chaeyeon just poured salt on her wounded heart. One second passed. Two seconds passed. Three. Four. Guilt was eating and pestering her, a fire burned in her mind and throat. The guilt sat not on her chest but inside her brain, what she had done she could not undo.

"Somi, I want you to listen to me," Chaeyeon uttered. Somi wanted to listen but her ears are blocking her sense of hearing.

"It's all about Sejeong," Once she heared Sejeong's name her ears and heart burst open.

"Sejeong?" Somi spoke the name with such care and love.

"Yes, Sejeong," Chaeyeon sighed before uttering: "She's leaving, tomorrow."

"Somi, Sejeong is leaving."

-

Hey folks. The story is coming to an end, 1 more chapter to go and an epilogue. Haha, thank you guys for all your comments and upvotes. I honestly just wrote this fic and didn't think much of the comments, upvotes, and subs..but all those upvotes and comments really inspires me to write. THANK YOU GUYS, MWAH MWAH <3