PRIORITIES #1 | myg

Pocketful of Bangtan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Part One

 

“Hi, I’m Jen,” says the pretty girl in front of me as she extends her hand for a handshake.

 

She’s in a few of my classes, so I’ve seen her around before.

 

“I’m Nara,” I say politely as I shake her hand.

 

“I know. Yoongi has told me so much about you.”

 

“Oh, is that so?” I raise an eyebrow towards Yoongi and he flashes his gummy smile at me.

 

“Yeah. I hope we can be good friends,” Jen says sweetly.

 

 

 

 

Yoongi and I have been best friends practically since we were in diapers.

 

It’s strange how we’ve managed to keep our relationship purely platonic, but to be honest sometimes it’s difficult to discipline myself not to look at Yoongi in that way.

 

After all, he’s highly charismatic and charming.

 

“So, best friend, what’d you think of Jen?” Yoongi asks me once it’s just the two of us in his apartment.

 

I shrug. “She seems okay.”

 

Yoongi laughs, then his countenance suddenly turns serious. “I really like her. I think she’s different.”

 

“That’s exactly what you said about Baekhee, Sujeong, Minhee-,”
 

“Oh shut up Nara,” Yoongi chuckles, tossing a pillow in my face.

   

“Well, hope you two last long,” I say, tossing the pillow back at him.

 

“Yeah, I hope so too.”

 

 

 

 

“Sorry Nara, I’ll be late. Jen needs me to help her with her parents’ wedding anniversary preparations today. You can go in the movie theatre first and watch all the trailers, I promise I’ll arrive before the movie starts. Just remember to save me some popcorn,” Yoongi says before hanging up.

 

I sigh. Yoongi and I had originally planned to have lunch at our favorite sushi place before heading over to watch the new horror film that just got released.

 

I end up eating my sushi alone. I decide to wait for him before going into the movie theatre, so I bought my tickets and wait near the entrance of the cinema. But after waiting for about fifteen minutes, and sending him numerous texts that weren’t even read, the movie was about to start so I had no choice but to go in first.

 

Yoongi never showed up. I ended up throwing away a half-finished box of large popcorn.

 

I  expect him to text me an explanation later, but he doesn’t either.

 

I smell a rat, but I decide to ignore it.

 

 

 

 

“Nara, I’m so sorry. The event preparations took longer than I thought it would, and I lost track of time, and when I wanted to call you I realized my phone went flat. I’m really sorry-,”

 

“It’s fine,” I say curtly, still a little miffed though.

 

“C’mon,” Yoongi says, reaching over to squeeze my cheeks, “don’t be upset, okay? Tell you what, I’ll buy you ice cream later after school, how does that sound?”

 

“Sold,” I say, breaking out into a genuine grin.

 

“Yoongi oppa!” A familiar voice shrieks and Yoongi immediately retracts his hands away from my face.

 

Ah, no wonder. It’s Jen.

 

She sits next to him and Yoongi automatically turns his attention from me to her. I feel invisible all of a sudden.

 

“... Oppa, can we go shopping later after school? I saw this really cute dress in a store that I really want to get…”

 

I wait for Yoongi to say no, that he’s made other plans, but he simply smiles at her and nods, before ruffling her hair.

 

What the heck?

 

It was literally five minutes ago when he said he’d take me out for ice cream.

 

Annoyed, I lay my head down on the table just as the teacher walks into the class.

 

Yup, something’s definitely up.

 

 

 

 

Nara: yoongs wanna come over to watch justice league tonight?? i just downloaded it

Nara: plus you owe me for ditching me TWICE

Yoongi: haha since when was it twice??? Wasn’t it only once

Yoongi: and sorry but im not free tonight, im taking jen out on a date

Nara: u said you’d buy me ice cream after school but then when jen came u said you’d go shopping with her instead

Nara: u idiot

Nara: fine whatever

Yoongi: im sorry nara… i promise i’ll make it up 2 you next time okay

Yoongi: it’s just, i really like jen and i wanna secure this r/s with her, i wanna make sure we’re going steady

Yoongi: are u mad at me?

 

Nara goes offline

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter