BREATHE | jjk

Pocketful of Bangtan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I first met you, you took my breath away.

Naturally, it was only after I left you that I was able to breathe again.

 

 

 

 

Dark hair falling into your eyes, entrancing obsidian orbs and cherry pink lips. A beautifully chiseled jawline, attractively sharp nose.

 

It was no wonder that I crushed on you big time, Jeon Jungkook. There was just something about you, the way you moved, the way you spoke, that captivated me, made me fall too deep into the dark hole of infatuation.

 

When we were assigned to sit together as table partners, I thought my heart was going to explode with happiness.

 

Even though we hardly talked for the first week, believe it or not, you made lessons a little more bearable. You also did make me nervous though, you made me wonder if my side view was decent, whether my arm was edging too much onto your table, if my habit of incessantly twirling my pen was too distracting for you.

 

Then the second week started, and you asked me for help on an English question. You have no idea how happy I was, as dumb as it sounds. It was the first time we actually had a legitimate conversation. I hoped you didn’t notice how awkward I was; how I was stumbling over my words, trying so hard to appear smart and cool.

 

It was from that day onwards, that the ice between us cracked and broke; we fell into easy conversation, and you would ask me for help with English while I’d go to you for math and chemistry. Whenever you fell asleep during lessons I’d poke your cheek with the end of my pencil (admittedly after staring at your glorious sleeping profile for a bit) to wake you up, and if you caught me nodding off you’d tug on my ponytail gently and I’d bolt awake immediately.

 

I remember once during chemistry class, you were whispering to me about how you thought Mrs Nguyen’s newly permed hair resembled ringlets of curly instant ramyeon, and I laughed so loudly that Mrs Nguyen glared at the two of us, and almost gave me detention. But honestly, I couldn’t be happier about it, because you actually felt comfortable enough with me to joke with me, and I wouldn’t have minded even if I had gotten into trouble for it.

 

You really had me wrapped around your finger, Jeon Jungkook.

 

Every time you talked to me, every time our hands brushed, every time you leaned down to whisper something into my ear, I felt showers of white-hot sparks in my heart.

 

I knew you didn’t feel the same about me, because I was way out of your league, but I was content to just be friends. I was happy that we started becoming friends in the first place; I felt that my year was off to a great start.

 

Then one day things escalated.

 

I was studying at the cafe near the school that night. I didn’t notice you at first, because I had my earphones plugged in, but I did notice the cup of iced coffee that suddenly appeared on my table.

 

You grinned at me and sat opposite me. I noticed that you held two cups of iced coffee, not just one.

 

“For you,” you said, pushing over one of the cups.

 

I smiled and thanked you before taking a sip. I don’t think I had ever tasted coffee that was so sweet before.

 

You stayed with me as you did your own work. For some reason, you knew that I could never refuse your company. I wanted it, desired your attention.

 

As I was working through my math problems I couldn’t shake off the feeling that someone was looking at me. I looked up, and saw your dark eyes staring straight into mine with such a feral intensity that my heart nearly stopped.

 

“Jungkook?” I asked softly, jolting you out of your trance.

 

“Oh, uh, sorry,” You said, scratching the back of your neck. I found that incredibly adorable how you were so flustered that I caught you staring at me. But another part of me was wondering why were you staring, and it made my mind go crazy with all the assumptions.

 

And it made me wonder whether maybe, just maybe,

 

You liked me.

 

But I banished the thought immediately because there was no way someone like you would fall for someone like me.

 

When we finished studying, you insisted on walking me back home since it was late and it was dark out. I agreed, trying not to let my happiness show. You manipulate my emotions in the best ways, Jeon Jungkook.

 

You walked me home, and on the way we made casual conversation, but for some reason, the stars were twinkling so much more brightly that night. When I looked at you, the moonlight fell on your face at certain angles, making you even more ethereal than you already were.

 

I had an urge to just grab your hand and interlace my fingers with yours, but I did everything in my will to suppress it.

 

Laughter, shy smiles, and pale moonlight lined the pavements on our journey home that night.

 

When I thought that things couldn’t get any better, they did. And despite all the things that happened after, I will never be able to forget that one special moment.

 

When we reached my house, I thanked you for seeing me home and told you that you should get going, because it was really late by then. You said okay and smiled but you didn’t move an inch.

 

And then it happened.

 

You pulled me gently towards you, and your lips touched my forehead.

 

And at that moment, everything around me faded into a hazy blur, and all I could think about was the feel of your lips on my skin.

 

And before I knew it, your hands wrapped around my waist and your lips connected with mine.

 

You were sweet and mellow, yet fiery and passionate all at the same time. Yet I don’t think I had ever tasted anything better.

 

All I could feel was your lips on mine, your touches burning fire into my skin.

 

I pulled away after a while, unable to handle the overwhelming sensations coursing through my body. I stared at you with wide eyes, unable to believe what just happened.

 

“Goodnight,” you said softly, gently, disappearing into the darkness shortly after.

 

Taking my heart along with you.

 

I fell in love with you so hard that night, Jeon Jungkook.

 

I fell so hard, the impact with the ground would surely be great.

 

But at that moment, I didn’t think about that. I believed my fall would never stop. The only thing that went through my mind was that,

 

I liked you,

and you just kissed me

on the lips

so did that mean that

you liked me too?

 

 

 

 

You asked me out the next day and you made me the happiest girl on the planet.

 

Of course I said yes, it was a dream come true.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter