CHAPTER 4

TILL MY LAST BREATH

“That is just too plain stupid and too risky… Hyung won’t agree on this!” Seunghyun said as he gets up from his chair and turns around, letting his dongsaengs facing his back. He put his both hands on his waist, clearly showing how angry he is right now.

 

The other four dongsaengs just keep their mouth shuts for now while still sitting in their respective chairs, surround the round table in their usual meeting room in the house. Daesung is going to spending the night in the house today, and right now all five of them are discussing about Seungri’s plan about that witch that has been bothering them for a year right now and as expected by Jiyong and Taeyang, their eldest hyung won’t agree about this plan right away.

“Are you guys’ crazy??? You just put Seungri in a very risky position right now! What if we are being played at the same time and just like us, we are setting up the trap, and they are doing the same thing too? s happened you know, and this time, if that happens, we are all busted!” Seunghyun raised up his voice. He is damn angry now because the plan is already being carried out behind his back and that too happened without informing him first.

 

“Hyung…” Jiyong said slowly in attempt to calm Seunghyun.

 

“No! Don’t try to change my mind… This is ridiculous Ji… You are supposed to stop all this and plan something else… What are you doing right now? Supporting them?” Seunghyun replied as he turns to his dongsaeng.

“Hyung… This plan has no flaws, I believe in maknae… I watched him with her today… For now, everything is okay…” Jiyong added.

 

Seunghyun takes a deep breath and stares at Jiyong hardly and Taeyang who sits with folded arms in his seat.

 

“For now…” Seunghyun said mocking and then he turn to the quiet man across him who since the very beginning never once opens his mouth to argue or defending himself. “Where is your sense this time, Seungri? Lack of judgment? Do you realize that you are putting all of us at risk right now?”

 

Seungri takes a deep breath and finally lifts up his head to look at his eldest hyung who is still standing across him and staring at him, hard. Those stares can kill, you know.

 

“Hyung… If we couldn’t infiltrate her office, let’s at least infiltrate her mind… No matter how hard she seems, and no matter how cold she can be, she’s just a woman… Let’s at least distract her from this upcoming election. Once everything is done, the transaction is complete, cut ties. No problem. She’s the key, hyung…” Seungri said, coaxing Seunghyun to see what he sees now.

 

Seunghyun bends down and put his both hands on the round table, supporting his body and he stares at his maknae. “You threw bait… If she didn’t bite? What if things turn out otherwise?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Seungri fixes his position on his chair. “You know how I do my work… I won’t move carelessly… If things turn out otherwise, you knew I would be able to catch it right away, right? You guys are my priority… Our family first…”

 

Seunghyun straightened up his posture and he sits back on the chair that he previously sit as his eyes are still on his maknae. Then, he moves to look at his other 3 dongsaengs, Taeyang, Jiyong and Daesung.

 

“Don’t you guys have anything to say on this?” Seunghyun asked others.

 

“I’m with maknae on this,” Jiyong said right away.

 

“Daesung?”Seunghyun asked.

 

Daesung who comfortably leans on his chair, now moves to straightened up his posture once his name being called out. He takes a deep breath as he looks at Seungri who sits next to him.

 

“Are you sure on this, maknae? You sure you can pull off the stunt?” Daesung asked softly to Seungri.

 

Seungri turns to his left, where Daesung is sitting and with confident, he nods his head. Daesung let out a heavy sighs as he then turn to his eldest hyung who is looking at him now, waiting for his answer.

 

“If Seungri is confident on this one, I think we shall give it a shot… Even for all this while, we move base on his instruction and intuition too, isn’t it hyung? His ideas have no doubt and he is sharp, you knew this too… Well, I’m with him on this one…” Daesung finally gives his answer.

 

Jiyong nods his head in agreement while Seunghyun still with his doubt look. Seunghyun turns to Taeyang who sits next to him.

 

“Taeyang…” Seunghyun said.

 

Taeyang looks up and turns to his left, looking at his eldest. He knows his hyung has a lot of worries on this one and Taeyang can’t help but to feel the same way too. This is too risky and anything can happen. Who knows? Taeyang then looks at his maknae who is looking at him too, waiting for his words on this one.

 

“You realized that this witch is sharp too, right?” Taeyang asked to Seungri.

 

Upon hearing Taeyang’s words, Seungri knows right away that Taeyang is not really agreed about his plan.

 

“I know…” Seungri replied.

 

“You realized that this witch is capable of throwing bait for you to bite too, right?” Taeyang asked again.

 

“Yes…” Seungri answered.

 

“Do you realize if things go wrong and she is able to catch it, she will chase you to death, right?” Taeyang asked again.

 

Seungri gives a complete silent on this question. He looks at Taeyang for a moment. Seunghyun looks at his two dongsaengs and he is glad that finally someone is able to think and see what he has been thinking.

 

“Risk… Risk… Risk… If s happened this time, all of us will surely up big time… Our covers will blow up and catching you Seungri, is actually the ultimate goal for them. Do you realize this? You are the big fish here, don’t forget…”

 

Seungri still keeps his silent and still keeping his calm composure.

 

“Seungri… There must be any other way to stop her…” Seunghyun tries his best to stop his maknae.

 

Seungri stills holding his silence and stares emptily into spaces before him and his eyes boringly staring at the top of the round table. He sighs before he speaks.

 

“I don’t mind of doing other ways, if only there is another way… Trust me, I don’t mind… If all of you can think of something better than this, I won’t mind to do it… The reason why I’m resorting to this kind of way, because I couldn’t any other way out of this other than approaching her and stab her right behind her back but sadly here, everyone seems disagreed with the approach that I took. I don’t mind… Let’s abort this one… So, let’s start thinking of something else… You guys think this time and tell me after you decide about it, okay… I’m tired, I want to go to have some sleep…” Seungri said softly and with his low tone’s voice. He gets up from his chair and with his walking stick, he walks away limply, leaving their “meeting chamber” and leaves his quiet hyungs behind.

 

Everyone released an obvious sighs as soon as Seungri left the room and they look like their lifespan has just decreased for 10 years. Taeyang looks at Seunghyun who is still quietly sitting in his chair but doesn’t look at them even for a moment. He knows his hyung is in deep thinking.

 

“Do you have any other way, hyung?” suddenly Jiyong opens his mouth, staring deathly at Seunghyun across the table. Seunghyun is still in silent.

 

“In whatever we do, risk is everything… Even we resort to other ways; the risk will still be there… The risk of being caught… It’s always there… I don’t mind of thinking of any better way of doing this, but hyung… To be honest, you too can’t think of any other ways right? Any better ways… When we don’t get to do it openly; we would do it under the table and it doesn’t give much different with what Seungri is trying to do right now… He is doing it under the table, as usual, but it just this time, he does it boldly, and right at the target herself,” Daesung finally speaks up. Seunghyun finally turns to Daesung and looks at him with his stern face. Upon seeing that reaction, Daesung straightened up his posture and continues his words, this time with all the seriousness in him. “Hyung, I am not defending him… I’m not trying to defend maknae, but this time, if you ask me rationally, I would say “why not?” We always have faith in his intuition anyway, so why doubt him this time? He is a grown up man now, you know… He is 26 and he is the wisest man among us. You’ve got to admit that hyung… He is sharp and he is so much better in judging the real situation than us… So, why doubt him this time? Do you forget??? That maknae of ours; that man who we regard as our little baby brother for all this time, is actually our MASTERMIND… Hyung, he is the President… His words are our moves…”

 

Daesung’s firm words deserve a complete silence in the room and it does give chills to Jiyong, Taeyang and even their eldest, Seunghyun. Everyone is staring at Daesung and the silence is killing. Daesung is right. He is definitely right this time. Jiyong and Taeyang finally turn to their eldest, and they can see the darkness in his eyes. Those 4 brothers letting the silence fills the room and it goes on for few minutes till suddenly a small coughs from the eldest, kills the moment.

 

“His words are our moves…” Seunghyun said slowly like saying it to himself, repeating Daesung’s words from minutes ago. To be honest, Seunghyun’s voice chills Daesung’s spine. “Fine… Let’s do it this way…” Seunghyun said shortly.

 

Jiyong smiles at those words and Taeyang just nods his head at the approval while Daesung just keep quiet. “This meeting ends here, updates me for any outcomes and please don’t leave hyung in the dark anymore… Inform!” Seunghyun said and he finally leaves the table and walks towards the door but before he opens the door to leave, he stops for a moment and turns around to look at his little brothers who are still sitting perfectly at their own seats.

 

“If he falls for her, you three will get it from me…” Seunghyun warned coldly as he then opens the door and leaves the room. A loud thud from the door gives them a definite warn from Seunghyun and now, Jiyong, Taeyang and Daesung are fully responsible for what will happen next.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

Like seriously? This guy is really ignoring and forgetting me? Like he really takes everything that I said earlier into his thick head? Seriously Seunghyun? Damn it!

 

Chaerin kicking repeatedly into the air with her legs in frustration on the bed as she pouts, feeling pissed and regrets all mixed into one. She turns to her phone beside her and she gives it a hard stare like it can breaks into pieces by only staring at it.

 

“ me! Why the hell did I rejected him last week!!???” Chaerin muttered under her breath and then she fakes a cry. She is really going crazy right now.

 

It has been a week since the last time she met Seungri and now it has been a week that her phone has gone into silence as there is not even one text or even one call from him since the night. She only got few texts and calls from her colleagues and from few of her friends but the one that she’s been waiting quietly, didn’t show up even once. Chaerin is slowly regretting her act and her boldness in rejecting the young man’s pure intention in approaching her. Her friends’ words were indeed right. She will end up alone in this lifetime.

 

“Hey! I was just being a girl that tries to keep her pride a bit higher, so he’s the one who should give it another try and pursue me if he really wants to get to know me. But look! Nothing! He did nothing!! This kind of guy is no hope…” Chaerin said as she lies on her top and talks to her phone like a crazy person. Her face changes suddenly. “Was I being too harsh last time?” she asked herself as she recalls back what she said last time. “I was just playing it cool, right?”

 

Chaerin picks up her phone and tries to keep her mind in rational state as she throws her phone back on the bed and get up from lying position to sit up straight. She looks around her room. It has been a week for her to stay alone in the house and she only went out for groceries. Now, she started to miss her mother who is still in China. Chaerin let out a heavy sighs. If only she has a boyfriend.

 

She wrinkles in pain as she listens to her own mind. What a pathetic thinking was that? She scolds herself. Chaerin finally gets up from her bed and walking out from her room, heading to the kitchen lazily. She opens the fridge and takes out a can of beer from there and opens it in a splash. A beer in the afternoon; what a way of a single lady. She brings her drink happily and takes her unfinished potato chips, to the living room. She switches on her television with the remote and now, trying to distract her boredom with few not so interesting channels. She finally found her favorite channel which is food’s channel and Chaerin is so damn grateful that her mind finally wandering to something else rather than towards the dashing young man from a week ago. Her activity stays that way for about 2 hours till finally she decided to get up from the couch to get her phone, wanting to bug her mother who is still on her holiday.

 

She walks lazily into her bedroom and picks up her phone as she heads out back from the room, walking towards the couch. Once she settles back on the couch, she log on her phone and her eyes turn wide when she sees 6 miscalls from “Seunghyun” on her phone screen. She rubs her eyes and she swiped her screen to open the notifications. She sees those miscall were from an hour ago. He called!! He called!!! He actually called!!! Oh my god! What should I do? What should I do??? This is perplexing. Chaerin bits her lower lip with frustration. Her mind working hard as she stares at her tv screen, thinking whether she should call him back or not. She gulps her own saliva as she decides. Do I look desperate if I reply these? Should I really call him back? He has been disappeared from radar for about a week, and now he appeared out of thin air! He took a very long time to give me a call, seriously Seunghyun? Oh my Chaerin… Again. You were the one who rejected him first, remember? He just does as what you asked.

 

Chaerin is staring again at her phone screen, towards those miscalls. She is thinking hard on whether she should call him back or not but things just decided to turns otherwise when her phone suddenly vibrating. She gasps at the name which appeared at her phone screen. Her face feels hot at that call. It’s Seunghyun. It’s now or never Chaerin-ah… She swipes her phone screen slowly and brings her phone to her right ear. She gulps her saliva first. Chaerin didn’s say anything at first, purposely waiting for the other person to speak first. In few seconds of silence, his voice comes in.

 

“Hello…”

 

Chaerin shuts her eyes at that voice and her lips pursed into a shy smiles.

 

“Yes…” she replies.

 

His chuckles upon her awkward replies sound like a soothing waves to her. Oh, she exaggerates again.

 

“Chaerin?”

 

“Yes, Seunghyun…” she replies in calmer tone now.

 

“You really rejected me??” he asked direcly.

 

“What?” she surprised at his bluntness.

 

“You didn’t answer my calls…”

 

Chaerin bites her left thumb finger at his words.

 

“Oh…Sorry… I left my phone in my room; I didn’t hear your calls…”

 

“I thought you purposely didn’t pick up my phone calls…”

 

“No… I was just at the kitchen before…” she lied.

 

“Really? Not to avoid me?”

 

“No… Why should I avoid you?”

 

“You rejected me last time… Ignoring my calls, should be one of the ways to show it…”

 

“You called after a week…” she whispered under her breaths.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“Huh? No… No.. Hmm.. No.. I just… You know, I didn’t hear your phone calls before, that’s why I didn’t answer… I’m sorry…”

 

“Hey, please… Stop saying sorry… I’m the one at fault over here… I didn’t call you since that day… And not even after sending you back to your car… I didn’t even get the chance to say goodbye to you… Even fell asleep last time… I’m so sorry… And here I am, calling you after a week… It’s my fault…” he said.

 

“No.. Please, don’t… It’s okay…” she replied.

 

Chaerin can hear him sighing at the other side and somehow she feels at ease knowing that he feels guilty for not calling her back and apologizing to her. She smiles.

 

“Well, how are you?” he asked.

 

“I’m fine… Finally getting the rest that I needed from all the works…”

 

“Time off doing you good?”

 

“Yeap… Exactly what I need…” she lied.

 

“Where did you go?” he asked again.

 

“Huh?? What?”

 

“Yeah, where did you go… Because you have a time off, so you must be going somewhere right? Vacation… Sightseeing… Hanging out…”

 

Chaerin just looking at the very corner of her apartment sadly as she realized that she didn’t go anywhere for a week, and just procrastinating at home doing usual stuffs. Her minds wandered to whatever that she did for the past week and wherever that she even went to before. She wrinkles at her own realization.

 

“Chaerin??” his voice wakes her.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh man…”

 

“What…”

 

“You didn’t go anywhere, aren’t you?”

 

“…”

 

He chuckles at her silence.

 

“Chaerin…”

 

“Yes…” she replied sadly now.

 

“Where are you?” he asked softly.

 

“At home…” she said with her sad tone.

 

“Do you have any plans afterwards?” he asked.

 

“What?”

 

“Do you have any plans?”

 

“Hmm.. No..”

 

“Pack your things…” he said in more authoritative tone now.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Pack your things for 3 days 2 nights…”

 

“What?” her eyes turns wide.

 

“I’m going to Jeju this evening for a business trip… And you are coming with me…” he said.

 

Chaerin puts her legs down the couch in shock.

 

“Seunghyun?”

 

“Yeap…”

 

“What did you just say?” she asked again, just to get her senses back. She can hears him sighing again.

 

“I said… Pack your things, for 3 days 2 nights, because you are coming with me to Jeju this evening… Let’s have some fun… Together…” he said again, Chaerin swears that she can feel that he is smiling at the other side.

 

“But…” she replied in doubtful.

 

“But?”

 

“We just… Hmm.. We…”

 

“We just knew each other?” he reads her mind.

 

“Hmm.. Yes…” she replied.

 

He didn’t reply her words for a moment, like he is thinking what he should say next, to ease her mind.

 

“Chaerin…” he said softly. Chaerin loves this tone specifically.

 

“Hmm?” she answered.

 

“Live a little…” he said.

 

“…”

 

“If you don’t risk, you don’t live…” he said.

 

His words makes her heart skips a beat. Her mind again wandered to what she has done in her life before, in a flash. While she studied, while she worked. How she actually spent her times before? Did she really live every moments of her life? Did she really do what she wants before? Knowing herself, Chaerin is a very calculative person when it comes to matters like these. She is that silly woman who calculates the risk, consequences, the effects, the outcomes. She spent her times for her family, girlfriends, studies and mostly, her works. Did she really live her life? If she really lives it, where’s the fun?

 

“Chaerin??” his voice again pulls her back from her own mind.

 

“Yes…” she answered softly.

 

“Are we going?” he asked.

 

She smiles.

 

“Yes... Yes… We are going…” she said in chuckles.

 

“Perfect…” he said, and again Chaerin can feel his smiles at the other side.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

He put down his phone on the desk, as his eyes still roaming on those photos that he received the day before. He picks one of the photos as he leans on his chair. Photo of Chaerin with her ponytail hair, and in her casual shirt and jeans, walking in the street carrying her groceries with her. She looks natural and strangely soft to him.

 

Seungri has been receiving her photos on daily basis since his accident with her last time. He wants to know her movements for 24hrs, her background, her likes and dislikes, her hobbies, families, friends, absolutely everything and now, within a week, he basically already knows about her like the back of his hand. He might know about her more than herself. Seungri smirks a bit as he takes another photo of her walking around in a 24hrs mart buying snacks late at night. She dares to walk out of her house to a mart in that pajama? Seungri’s smirks turn into a smile. He looks at the photo closely as he realized how pretty she is actually and he has to admit that this witch is much prettier in personas his mind wanders back to their “date” a week ago. Her hair and her eyes specifically. Captivating is the right word to describe her look.

 

A sudden sound of the door being open, crashing down his little “me” moment.

 

“Kyaaa! A flight to Jeju?” Jiyong burst in with obvious disagreed face.

 

Seungri coughs a little to clear his throat as he moves forward a bit, putting all those photos altogether. Jiyong’s eyes moves to the desk in speed and he notices right away. Those photos of her.

 

“Seungri-ahh…” he said.

 

“I need to go and see the golf course myself…” Seungri answered shortly, ignoring his hyung’s stares.

 

“Are you taking the witch with you?” Jiyong asked as his hands now at his waist.

 

“Yeap…”

 

“WHY???”

 

“Why? I’m wooing her, hyung… What do you expect?” Seungri asked as he looks at his now mad hyung. Seungri wrinkles at him weirdly. “Hyung… What is actually that bothering you now?”

 

Jiyong is losing words to say to his maknae now. He actually knows what to say, but he doesn’t know on whether to say it out or not. Jiyong ended up staring at his maknae.

 

Another figure suddenly enters the room without knocking. As expected, brothers.

 

“Two tickets to Jeju? You are taking me or Jiyong?”

 

Seungri’s eyes now moves to the owner of the voice who is now standing beside Jiyong. Seungri is feeling a bit guilty now while looking at his excited Taeyang hyung who is now grinning from ear to ear, thinking that himself might be picked to accompanied the maknae to Jeju. Seungri moves his eyes away, putting those photos in his hand into an envelope in silence.

 

“He’s taking the witch with him…” Jiyong said in lower tone.

 

Taeyang’s eyes turn wide at Jiyong as he looks at his maknae once more.

 

“Maknae?” Taeyang is asking for some confirmation.

 

“Yea, hyung. I’m taking her with me… 3 days 2 nights…”

 

“WHAT?” both hyungs respond at the same time with higher tone.

 

“ONE DAY IS ENOUGH TO CHECK ON THE GOLF COURSE, SEUNGRI…” Jiyong exploded.

 

Taeyang keeps his silence for now as he stares at his maknae, refraining himself for a moment, because being on the rational side, Seungri needs to be given a chance to explain himself.

 

Seungri expected this. He leans on his chair as he looks back at his both hyungs. He smirks.

 

“Loosened up hyung…” he said softly to Jiyong.

 

“ing , this boy…” Jiyong is cursing under his breaths.

 

“Seungri-ahh, do you think it’s safe for you to bring her with you?” Taeyang asked in calmer tone.

 

Seungri nodded his head in confident and still with his smirks on his face.

 

Taeyang takes a deep breath and nodding his head as well. Jiyong bewildered by Taeyang’s calm respond.

 

“Kyaaa…” Jiyong said to Taeyang. Taeyang looks at Jiyong with his usual expression.

 

“What?” Taeyang asked.

 

“You are not mad?” Jiyong asked in disbelief.

 

“I’m just mad that he didn’t take me with him this time…” Taeyang answered simply and just turns around, heading to the door.

 

Jiyong’s mouth turns into a round shape, still in disbelief with Taeyang’s cool respond.

 

“Maknae…” Taeyang said as he stops at the door, and turns to Seungri who is just sitting there, looking at him now.

 

“Yes…” Seungri replied.

 

“Stay focus…” Taeyang reminds.

 

Seungri understands what his hyung is saying right away. He smiles in return and nodding his head. Just with that, Taeyang opens the door and walks out of the room heading to his own room.

 

“Yes, hyung… Anything else?” Seungri asked Jiyong who is still standing in front of his desk.

 

Jiyong is finally just letting out a heavy sigh. It’s nothing that he can do now.

 

“Be careful…” Jiyong said softly this time and he straights away turns around and heading to the door.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri’s voice cuts in.

 

Jiyong turns around, looking at his maknae.

 

“Trust me…” Seungri said and now no smirks on his face but a reassuring expression to his hyung. Jiyong takes a moment to digest his maknae’s words and finally, giving up and nodding his head agreeing. Seungri smiles in return.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

Seungri focus on his phone playing arcade games in his car while waiting for the witch to come out from her apartment building. He intends to go up to her unit, but Chaerin refused and only asked him to stays down at the valet parking while waiting for her to come down. A text comes in while he still immersed with the game.

 

Seunghyun : Jeju? Really?

 

Seungri sighs at that text. Another hurdle.

 

Seungri : Work. Short escape. And the plan.

 

Seunghyun : Are you sure about this?

 

Seungri : I thought we already discussed about this one…

 

Seunghyun : Hyung just worried..

 

Seungri : Please don’t…

 

Seunghyun : Stay safe…

 

Seungri : Stay healthy…

 

Seunghyun : Shut up…

 

Seungri : Hyung…

 

Seunghyun : What?

 

Seungri : Don’t worry and don’t think too much… I’ll be fine… Just wooing a girl…

 

Seunghyun : Not any girl… A witch…

 

Seungri wants to type that he is a wizard, but his driver stops him by telling him,

“She’s here, boss…”

 

Seungri lifts up his head and looks at the outside and he finally sees her in person after a week. What did she do? Why does she’s look like prettier than a week before? Seungri continues looking at her walking towards the car while pulling her small luggage with her and his driver comes out from the car, welcoming Chaerin and taking her bag to be put inside the car boot. Seungri fixes his black suit right before the driver opens the car’s door for her. Chaerin bows a little before gets in, gives Seungri her warm smile. , evil witch!

 

Seungri just smiles sweetly at her.

 

“Hey…” Seungri greets warmly while signaling her to get in. Chaerin chuckles shyly as she finally gets in the car, taking her seat beside Seungri. She couldn’t believe that she is doing this after bluntly rejecting him a week ago.

 

“Hii…” she answered as she smiles.

 

“Great to finally have a companion for a business trip…” Seungri said.

 

“You don’t mind right?” Chaerin replied awkwardly. She still feels freaking awkward with all of these.

 

“I was the one who invited you, Chaerin, and this is awesome, trust me… Let’s have some fun while we are at it, okay?” Seungri said while looking at her.

 

Chaerin smiles without saying anything in return as she then looks at outside once the car moves.

 

“Chaerin…”

 

Chaerin turns her head and looks at Seungri besides her.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“For?”

 

“Disappeared right after that day…”

 

Chaerin smiles at him. “You don’t owe me any apology... You don’t need to…”

 

Seungri still gives her a guilty smile. “I had problem with the work and I was needed in HQ as soon after that day… I didn’t get the chance to contact you or anyone because of the work and not because I gave up after you rejected me last time…” Seungri ends his words with a smirk.

 

Chaerin chuckles at his words and just shakes her head in disbelief.

 

“You didn’t give up…” Chaerin said slowly and let out a faint smile as she feels tickle in her tummy and looks away from him.

 

“Nope...” Seungri said as he moves his eyes from her and throws his glance outside the car’s window, still smiling.

 

The car moves, on its way to the airport and the couple at the back just hold their tongue at the moment after Seungri’s words. The short silence suffocates Chaerin but she prefers this way. She doesn’t know how to respond further with his blunt ways and words in trying to get closer to her. Having a man that wants to get closer to her in a romantic way, is not something that she faces every day or even something that she masters in. No matter how charismatic or cool she may appeared to be, but when it comes to stuff like this, she’s just losing her words and she wouldn’t be able to maintain her cool appearance. Just like any other women, Chaerin would melt.

 

“We are here…” Seungri’s soft voice pulls her back from her thoughts.

 

Chaerin startled a bit when the driver opens the door for her while Seungri is coming out from the car at the other side. She steps out and just waits for the driver to take out her luggage. She thanks the driver gratefully as she gets her bag with her. She looks at Seungri with questioning look when she notices that there is no luggage with him or any other bag. He just walks to her with his black cane and his warm smile.

 

“My stuffs are already there in Jeju… I don’t have to bring anything with me…” Seungri informs her like he really can read her mind.

 

“Ohh…” Chaerin responds dumbfounded and they finally walk into the airport lounge after Seungri waves his hand to his driver, signaling the man to leave.

 

“Let’s heading straight to the departure area, my secretary already checked us in…” Seungri said as they walk together.

 

Chaerin nods her head and she just can’t stop smiling this time. She can’t hide her happiness and excitement and Seungri notices this.

 

“Happy?” he asked.

 

Chaerin turns to him and nods her head with her wide smile. She does look very happy.

 

“It’s been years since my last vacation…” Chaerin said and stops her words for a moment till she continues. “I worked so hard till I forgot how to spend some time for myself…” she said with her bitter smile as she remembers how she has been spending her time before with all the works. Her mother was right. She needs this.

 

They arrive at the departure area and Seungri takes out their tickets from inside of his suits. He looks at the digital board that showing which plane that is taking off at the moment.

 

“It’s time…” he said softly to her. Then they walk to the officer that is waiting at the departure entrance to check their boarding pass. He gives the officer their boarding pass and Chaerin standing next to Seungri, waits for hers to be check as well. The officer smiles at them and return the pass, allowing them to go in.

 

“Thank you,” Seungri said to the officer briefly as he then did the unexpected which he pulls Chaerin’s empty right hand with him and brings her with him. Chaerin widened her eyes at that sudden gesture from him and now they are walking in hands together to enter the plane. Seungri turns to his left, to look at her as he feels her stiff hand in his. He can see her stiff face as well and because of that, he chuckles a bit. Chaerin looks at him in return.

 

“Your face…” Seungri said shortly as he looks away.

 

“Wha… What?” Chaerin stuttered.

 

Seungri shakes his head in respond as he then tightened his grip.

 

“Let’s do the best of what we have now, shall we?” Seungri said as he turns to her and looks at Chaerin with a meaningful look.

 

Chaerin looks confused but she just keeps her silence and not replying to his words and Seungri looks like he is understands her. So as they about to enter the plane, being greeted by the stewardess inside, Seungri is about to let go of her hand.

 

However, much to his surprise, he feels Chaerin is finally holding his hand for the first time since he held hers and tightened her grip, not letting his hand go. He pursed his lips into a glad smile, while keeping his posture straight, not looking at her. He holds her hand back in return and now they walk passed the stewardesses together into the plane, to their seats in hands, this time for real.