CHAPTER 1

TILL MY LAST BREATH

“The transaction has been made, and this time I think it would not cause any problem…” Jiyong said as he puffs out another smoke from his mouth, with a cigarette in between his right fingers, while smirking as he sitting cross-legged on the couch inside the big office room. Taeyang is also there sitting across him on the couch as well as he skimming through magazine like nothing big happened today.

 

“I think as long as Soo Hyuk shuts his mouth like a good boy, there won’t be any issue on that matter…” Taeyang said lazily while not even lifting up his head for a moment from the magazine.

 

“The election is coming… Don’t be crazy… Anything can happen…”

 

That slows stern voice comes from the person who is right now busily reading through reports on his seat at the big table. That man is dead serious when he said that.

 

Taeyang finally lifts up his head from the magazine and looks up at the voice’s owner and back to Jiyong who sits across him. Jiyong is still with his smirks, clearly ignoring the voice’s owner’s warning.

 

“Maknae, loosened up… Nothing will go wrong… We have Daesung in the Blue House... He will inform us, if there’s anything weird going on…” Jiyong said calmly.

 

“Maknae, you hungry?” Taeyang asked suddenly, trying to change the subject. They have been in dead serious and intense mood for hours now. They need to chill a bit before they can go crazy. “Let’s order Chinese foods, shall we? Ji is paying…” Taeyang continues as he grins at Jiyong who now makes his annoyed face at him.

 

Seungri coughs a bit to clear his throat. His hyungs are really something. How can they never worry about things like this even once? Even with the fact that they are currently under full supervision by the Prosecutor’s Office, they didn’t budge even a bit about it. Seungri takes off his glasses and just lazily throws it on the table. He let out a heavy sighs as he leans on his back on the chair. He closes his eyes for few seconds, giving in to the tiredness that he feels right now. He then opens his eyes and looks at his both hyungs who are in chilly mood on the couch and finally he gets up from his seat slowly as he takes his black walking stick that he put on his right side before. He starts to walk lamely towards his hyungs at the couch with the help of his walking stick. He winced at each time he walks.

 

The pain in his right leg is back. Maybe because he is too stress or because of the fact that he just sits in the same position on that chair for 3 hours straight. Seungri just don’t care about all those possible reasons anymore. Jiyong adjust his legs position as to give ways to Seungri to walk in front of him and finally settled down beside him.

 

“Hyung pays?” Seungri asked as he looks at Jiyong beside him and slowly a small smile appeared on his serious tired face.

 

Jiyong can’t help but to feel a bit relieved as soon as he sees that smile on his maknae’s face. This kid has been under a lot of pressure and no one can help that dark circles around his eyes anymore.

 

“You are the President you know… You are the one who should be paying…” Jiyong said teasingly.

 

“I’m still the maknae…” Seungri complains as he put down his walking stick on the small table in front of him and pulls out his phone from his black suit and leaning his back on the chair. “Chinese foods okay?” Seungri said as he dials the number.

 

“I want that wantan noodles that Seunghyun hyung ate last week. Damn good…” Taeyang said in instant as he sees Seungri is dialing.

 

There is a knock at the door when Seungri is on his phone call, ordering foods.

 

“Come in…” Jiyong’s stern voice comes out. That kind of voice is usually used for their staffs and outsiders only, but not to the family. The outsiders look at their family as somehow an untouchable family which is a family that owns a very big business empire in Seoul. Some people call them as a bunch of chaebols that inherited billions of money but seriously. That was all bull from the very beginning. Five of them; Seungri, Taeyang, Jiyong, Seunghyun and Daesung are not even real siblings to start off with. They are not even came from the same parents, or with the same blood but their bond, is stronger and more than that. They are more than a real family. They are actually just a bunch of kids that ran away from an orphanage 15 years ago. How can they have this kind of luxury and a company that worth to be call as an empire? It was a secret that no one should know. When they said no one should know, they meant literally “no one”.

 

“Jiyong-sshi… Sorry for interrupting all of you but actually people from the Prosecutor’s Office is here, in the lobby...” Choi Ji Woo, their head of secretary said in panic mode.

 

Jiyong’s eyes turn wide at that information; meanwhile the magazine that Taeyang holds is now crumpled in his hands. Seungri who is on the phone talking, stops midway and stares hardly at their head of secretary in silent. Jiyong and Taeyang turns to his maknae in worried. Seungri just warned them though before this, for not to have any problems but things start to get messy now. However, Seungri surprisingly in his calm tone, continue ordering their foods through the phone. Jiyong, Taeyang and Ji Woo, are dumbfounded at that sudden calmness. As soon as Seungri finished ordering, he cuts off the line and finally, his attention is given fully to them. He puts his phone back in his suit. He takes a deep breath as he looks at his secretary.

 

“Stop them as soon as they come out from the elevator in our floor… Carry out our usual procedure, secure all the files,” Seungri said calmly.

 

Ji Woo nodded her head in instant and immediately leaves the room and as soon as their secretary went out, Jiyong and Taeyang with speed get up from the couch and go to Seungri’s table and log on the pc right away.

 

“WHAT THE IS GOING ON!” Jiyong exploded as he types something at the computer while Taeyang is taking out few files from the drawers and closes it back. He takes out a remote from inside his suit and presses a button on it. The book shelves that is located behind the couch that he sits before suddenly moving and revealed another secret shelves inside. Taeyang moves in speed to the shelf and presses a few buttons on a coffer inside and once it opens, Taeyang put all the documents and files in it, and then closes it back. He finally closes the secret shelves by moving back the previous book shelves in its original place.

 

“Have you secured those files?” Taeyang asked in speed.

 

“I’m doing it...” Jiyong said in his stern voice as his eyes are solely fixes on the monitor. While they are all in the fuss of securing files and documents, their maknae, Seungri is calmly scrolling his phone in silent on the couch. He is not talking and just let his hyungs to do their usual things. This is not their first time on doing things like this but this time is surely different from their previous experiences. This time, it involves politics and the election is coming in few months. The game that they are playing right now is bigger. Only one mistake, it is going to cause a jail time for them, all of them.

 

“Bring Soo Hyuk to me tonight…” Seungri’s calm voice appeared. Taeyang and Jiyong turn their heads to the couch and they see Seungri is talking to someone through the phone. “Find him… Or I’ll find you…”

 

Jiyong and Taeyang just ignore the conversation, like it was coming from the wind, because this is not the first time they heard their maknae do talks like that. Out of five of them, to be honest, Seungri is the scariest of them all, besides than their Seunghyun hyung, the eldest one. He might be the maknae, and the quietest one, but just don’t come to his bad side.

He is someone that can make you disappeared in one night.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“This is wrong, you know it!” a man said inside the elevator while panicking looking at the number of floors that changes from time to time, and they are almost there, the highest floor, where the highest management level is situated. They are followed by few more officers with them inside the elevator but the others just zipped their mouth shuts and let their leader talk things out.

 

“They are the one who is wrong, not us! We are not doing the wrong thing here… Come to your senses, Nam Joo Hyuk!” that woman replied in confident as she throws a deathly glare to her junior colleagues beside her.

 

“This is not work! This is obsession! Your obsession to topple this company and catch those young men for your name!”

 

“What the ! Seriously Joo Hyuk?? Can’t you come for a better reason at least?”

 

“Chaerin-sshi.. The last time we came here with search warrant, we almost got suspended, remember?”

 

“So?”

 

“So! Don’t you love your job enough, rather than to chase these bastards around?”

 

“Isn’t it our job to chase these bastards around, Joo Hyuk?”

 

Nam Joo Hyuk takes his deepest breath when he stares at Chaerin with his ultimate patience. Who can make this woman here listen for only one time? Joo Hyuk throws a glare again at the number of floors inside the elevator. He coughs a little to clear his throat before he starts to speak with his more calm tone. Trying for the last time to rationalize this woman beside him.

 

“We should at least inform our higher rank officer first, Chaerin-sshi!” Joo Hyuk said.

 

“Listen, Joo Hyuk… This is not our first time raiding this company and you know damn well how they work. Who knows that they even have people above us!”

 

“Chaerin-sshi… These people are way out of our league! You think we can make them fall in just one raid??? Even if our information was true, they might already secure all the documents,”

 

Chaerin is finally just let out a smirk at that statement as she then turns to Joo Hyuk with her I-know-what-I’m-doing look. Joo Hyuk raised his eyebrows at her.

 

“What’s with the look?” Joo Hyuk asked, starting to smell something fishy over here.

 

“Who says we want the documents?” Chaerin whispered to her colleagues with her now smiling face, and finally the elevator suddenly stops and opens right away. Both of them look at outside the elevator and out of their expectation, they are currently welcomed with a row of staffs that are just like waiting for them to come. Surprisingly, all the staffs are bowing down to them and welcoming them with smiles. Chaerin knows right away. This welcoming is fake and they already secured all the documents.

 

Chaerin is in her formal attire and wearing her usual high heels, walk out from the elevator like a boss and then followed by Joo Hyuk and other assistants reluctantly.

 

“I am Lee Chaerin, from the Prosecutor’s Office, and they are my officers,” Chaerin said as she introduced herself and her assistants while gives out her identification card to the woman in front of her, who seems to be the senior one among the staffs there.

 

Ji Woo takes the identification card from Chaerin and examine it for a moment. A smile on her face never fades even for a second, doesn’t reflecting the nervousness that she feels inside.

 

“Oh, Lee-sshi… May I know the purpose of this sudden visit?” Ji Woo asked as she gives back the identification card to Chaerin politely.

 

“We came with search warrant this time, as this company is alleged to be involved in, securities fraud, tax evasion and money laundering involving this upcoming election’s funds. So, please gives us some cooperation and let us in,” Chaerin speaks in her usual serious manner as she then turns to Joo Hyuk. “Shows her the warrant…”

 

Joo Hyuk did as being told and gives the warrant to the head of secretary, Ji Woo who then takes it and pretends to read through it.

 

“Let’s go…” Chaerin said to her officers and all of them finally move into the work spaces which fill with a lot of cubicles and all the other staffs there were instructed to stop all their works. Chaerin immediately asked her officers to start the raid and takes all the necessary documents and put in the boxes that they carried with them before. The search starts and not even one of the company staffs are allowed to touch anything and just standing at the side watch their documents being taken.

 

Without their knowledge, all the process is being watched directly from inside the big office room through the CCTV that is being screened from the wide flat screen television in there.

 

“Ahhh… That’s her again…” Jiyong said from the chair at the big table, as his eyes caught the image of Chaerin standing in the middle of the raiding and supervising her officers. Jiyong already secured all the files and documents involving their other “business” and now the three brothers are watching the CCTV and observed the process seriously.

 

“It’s always her… Doesn’t she have any other cases to settle?” Taeyang complained as he takes his previous seat on the couch with wrinkles on his forehead.

 

“She’s playing rough over here…” Jiyong said as he leans on his back on the chair.

 

“Couldn’t Daesung do something about her?” Taeyang asked.

 

“She’s clean, you know. She has that all kill reputation as a top prosecutor. You think who was the one who managed to freeze all Younha’s asset just in two months? That was her case!” Jiyong said.

 

“That was her doing?” Taeyang asked back in shocked as he turns to Jiyong at the big chair.

 

“Yeah… One of the top prosecutors in town. She only aims for high profile cases… Like us...” Jiyong said with a smirk and there’s a hint of proud in his words.

 

Taeyang let out a small laughs. “Woah… A high ranking prosecutor is going after us now… This is going to be fun!”

 

“I hate her… All clean…” Jiyong said in annoyed manner as his eyes are solely on Chaerin’s figure right now.

 

“No one is too clean… No one…” Seungri finally made a statement after a very long silent. His eyes are still focusing on the CCTV and for all this while, he keeps his eyes solely on Chaerin and her officers. He keeps on observing the process and eventually, something hits his mind.

 

Seungri’s forehead gives out a wrinkle somehow. There is something weird is going on right here... Something is wrong.

 

Taeyang noticed his maknae’s sudden change of face expression.

 

“What? What’s wrong?” Taeyang asked his quiet maknae.

 

Taeyang’s sudden question takes Jiyong’s attention and now Jiyong is looking at his maknae. His maknae is still looking at the CCTV and never once looks away.

 

“Seungri…” Jiyong calls.

 

Seungri with his serious expression now, takes a deep breath with his eyes are still not moving from the screen.

 

“Why a high ranking prosecutor is taking all the unnecessary documents? She knows damn well, those are not the documents…” Seungri finally speaks.

 

Taeyang and Jiyong looks at the CCTV and again they watch all the officers doing their job and taking all the documents and files with them, without filtering it. Okay, now Seungri’s words are making sense. Those officers do not filter the documents that they take. They just take all of it and Chaerin just let them do it. Something is wrong.

 

Suddenly, they see Chaerin is moving and talking with their head of secretary, Choi Ji Woo. They are talking about something and Ji Woo looks a bit hesitated.

 

“Someone, go and meet her. She wants to come inside this office!” Seungri said suddenly. Taeyang looks at Jiyong and they exchange look for few seconds, maybe mentally discussing who is supposed to go out and meet her. Jiyong sighs and finally get up from the chair while fixing his suits. He just lost the mental war with Taeyang and now he’s the one who needs to go and meet that woman. Taeyang smirks winningly.

 

Right when Jiyong reached the door, Seungri turns around and speaks.

 

“Don’t let her in, no matter what…” the maknae warned.

 

Jiyong gulps his saliva for a moment and he understands Seungri’s words. She must not come in.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“I believe your boss’s room is also included in this process, Choi-sshi…” Chaerin said in intimidating manner.

 

“Yes, I understand Lee-sshi… But I believed, there must be some formalities in doing that too. My boss’s room is somewhere not everyone can enter this simple,” Ji Woo said in defence.

 

“Don’t make funny comments, Choi-sshi… We have search warrant with us… We can go to anywhere in this office and it includes your pantry as well…” Chaerin said while smirking.

 

Somehow, Ji Woo hates that smirk so much now.

 

“I don’t know and I don’t care how you get the warrant, Lee-sshi… Who knows how you can get the warrant with you, so my advice for you now is to bring your higher officer with you and talk to us…”

 

Chaerin scoffs at that desperate statement.

 

“Do you know that you could be arrested for stopping us in doing our job?” Chaerin said threatening.

 

“Who is going to arrest who???”

 

Suddenly a man’s voice comes in and causes all the process stops midway for a moment and all eyes are turn to the source of voice. Footsteps filling the spaces as then slowly without being asked, all the company staffs bowing down at 90 degrees in greeting the voice owners who came to them with a smirk on his face. Chaerin finally turns around and looks at who is coming from her back. She smirks in return. This is not their first meeting. Kwon Jiyong, one of the partners of this BB Group Holding and one the scariest Top 3 of the partners. He is the image of the company and he is the one will speak for the company if there is any related media issue or rumors regarding on the reputation or anything that involved their company’s position as one of the giant company in Seoul. Basically, he is the face of the company.

 

“We meet again, Chaerin-sshi…” Jiyong started as he offers his right for a handshake.

 

Chaerin gives out her right hand too in exchanging that brief handshake between them.

 

“I thought you are not in the office…” Chaerin said.

 

Jiyong smiles at those words.

 

“You hope, I’m not in the office…” Jiyong said in correcting her words.

 

“It’s not like that Jiyong-sshi… I’m doing my job here and the presence of their boss is highly welcomed… It’s very unfortunate for us to meet each time in circumstances like this, isn’t it?” Chaerin said with a smile. Fake smile.

 

“Well… It’s very unfortunate on our side mainly because we have this one high ranking prosecutor that never stops in going after us, for exactly about a year?” Jiyong asked sarcastically.

 

Chaerin laughs at that sarcastic joke. “It’s a high ranking prosecutor’s job to hunt down a high profile white collar’s crime, isn’t it?” Chaerin replied.

 

Jiyong’s smirk fades for a moment at that deadly remark. She’s really playing rough here.

 

“You knew that we can file a suit on that kind of deadly accusation, aren’t you?”

 

Chaerin smiles fade. She clears .

 

“I have a search warrant with me, Jiyong-sshi and I need to enter your room for that matter,” Chaerin changed the subject.

 

Jiyong smiles at her as he folds up his arms to his chest.

 

“A sudden change of subject, aren’t we?” Jiyong said winningly.

 

“Nope… Refocusing…” Chaerin correcting.

 

“Well, Chaerin-sshi… I would love to invite you into the room but sadly, the owner of the room is not here… The President is not here,” Jiyong said, emphasizing the word “President” for her.

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrows.

 

“Oh! The President? You meant that 26years old President?” Chaerin said mockingly and her words managed to make Jiyong’s smile fade completely and the entire office went dead. Ji Woo and Joo Hyuk who are just now standing behind Chaerin are biting their lips at that deadly comment. This tigress is trying to enter the lion’s cage. Jiyong takes his deepest breath, trying his best to keep calm and control his boiling rage inside.

 

“Yes… The President is not here… I believed, you need to come next time, to raid his office…” Jiyong said calmly and his tone now is totally intimidating.

 

Chaerin is not budged even for a bit. She smiles sweetly towards Jiyong.

 

“I’ve never meet him even once though. It would be great if he’s here, at least we can have a look on what he looks like as he never once going public. It’s always you, isn’t it?” Chaerin said, and her words are like rubbing salts on a wound. Jiyong remains quiet for that matter. “I do not care whether he is here or not, Jiyong-sshi… My job is to raid his office, not to see his face,” Chaerin continued and now her tone is hard and her voice is not shaking even for a bit.

 

Jiyong stares at her hardly, trying so bad not to land a punch on her pretty face. Jiyong must admit that this woman standing in front of him, without fear, is really pretty.

 

Right before Jiyong wants to open his mouth, a man’s voice comes in.

 

“LingLing Delivery is here! Who ordered for three wantan noodles, pickled radish, and grilled meat! LingLing Delivery!” said one man who looks totally clueless wearing his yellow vest with a helmet, carrying a small container with him.

 

Everyone turns around looking at the clueless delivery man. That man looks totally in guilt when he just realized that he just interrupted a big occasion there.

 

Just how the hell this man can come up till this floor???

 

“I was the one who ordered,” Jiyong answered while raising up his right hand and it caused Chaerin to look back at him weirdly. A boss from a very big company and the one who she has been chasing and accused as a high profile criminal, is ordering a street Chinese food for his lunch?

 

The company’s staffs and Ji Woo are the only one who does not feel weird at that order from their boss. It’s a usual thing for them. Their bosses always orders delivery for their meals.

 

“Ji Woo, settled it for me and bring it inside,” Jiyong said calmly to his secretary.

 

Ji Woo nodded and walks to the clueless delivery man.

 

Chaerin then turn back to Jiyong to focus back on their previous issue and as soon as she wants to open a phone ringing. It is not her phone though, but Joo Hyuk’s phone.

 

Joo Hyuk immediately answered the phone when he realized who actually called him. Chaerin gives him her annoyed look.

 

“Hello?” Joo Hyuk answered. He went quiet for a moment and he winced at every speech that the other side person threw to him. Jiyong can hear the loud voice through the phone but he couldn’t hear the details. Jiyong smirks. Someone is about to get into trouble.

 

Eventually, Jiyong is right. Joo Hyuk ended up giving up his phone to Chaerin. Chaerin who is already in raged, snatch the phone from him and brings it to her right ear.

 

“Yes, Sir…” She answered.

 

Jiyong almost wants to laugh his heart out when he clearly can listen to the loud voice that comes out from the phone. That man in the phone is totally cursing at Chaerin and makes her face changed to red in instant. Jiyong bites his bottom lip to avoid any unnecessary laughs.

 

Someone did call the Prosecutor’s Office, I guess. Thank you, Taeyang-ahh…

 

Chaerin finally cuts of the line with obvious disappointment as she looks back at Jiyong’s winning face. She gritted her teeth as she tries to control her anger. What a big connection you have over there, Jiyong-sshi…

 

“I’m famished over here, Chaerin-sshi… We don’t have all day… So, back to our main concern, right now… What do you want to do right now?” Jiyong started.

 

Chaerin really feels like she wants to disappear right now but she faced it anyway.

 

“I believed that we really need to postpone this raid to another time, Jiyong-sshi… I just got a call that I need to go back and meet my boss and have a check on who has been calling the Prosecutor’s Office from here,” Chaerin said with a smile. She knew, it was them who called.

 

Jiyong ignores the accusation with a scoffs. He doesn’t give a damn about it. Chaerin is not stupid not to know who she is facing right now and what kind of people that she wanted to catch so bad.

 

“Well, such a shame that you need to leave so fast. I just ordered 3 meals for lunch, you know. Thinking that you might join us later…” Jiyong said mockingly.

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrows at that mock. “I believed I can join you later… Let’s have wantan noodles together, alright? While my officers raiding your nice little office over there…”

 

Jiyong smirks at that statement and nodding his head, taking her words as an empty talk.

 

“Let’s meet up for a drink next time, Chaerin-sshi… I would love that…” Jiyong said.

 

Chaerin just smirks at him and turns around, looking at her officers and asked them to drop back all the documents and files that they just took before this. Everyone raised their eyebrows at that instruction but obey it anyway. They finally leave the workspace together and Ji Woo was asked to them to the elevator. Jiyong smiles in satisfaction as he asked one of his staff to carry his meals into the room.

 

They finally entered the room and a staff prepares the meal in silent. No one opens their mouth when the staff is preparing the meal while Taeyang and Seungri are still in their previous position on the couch. Once the staff left the room, all three of them let out their heavy sighs at the same time, feeling so damn relieved that the storm finally passed, for now.

 

“That is really getting on my nerves!!” Jiyong exploded as soon as he takes his sit beside Seungri.

 

“What’s with all those commotion?? We saw you talked to her for a very long time and thank god I straight away called our people in Prosecutor’s Office as soon as you left the room just now,” Taeyang said while finally feeding himself with the noodle.

 

“That was trying to play around… She wanted to come in here like so bad!” Jiyong said with his mouth full with foods.

 

Seungri just holds his tongue while holding his bowl of noodles and playing with the foods, not eating. He looks deep in thoughts.

 

“She has been chasing us like crazy and now she already came here twice… We really need to do something about that, you know… We can’t stay quiet for any longer. She’s whipping her tail,” Jiyong said.

 

“I’ll text Daesung, and ask him whether he got some free time tonight… Let see whether he can do something about it…” Taeyang said as he now taking his phone on the small table in front of them.

 

“He is no longer safe to come in and out from our house anymore, you know that right?” Jiyong replied.

 

“Send him a car, and ask our people to him as usual…” Taeyang said lazily.

 

Jiyong feeds himself another mouthful of noodles as he turns to his side and looking at his maknae who still playing with his foods.

 

“Seungri-ahh… Eat!” Jiyong said.

 

Taeyang looks at their silent maknae and stares at him. He knows that their maknae is thinking of something. Right before Taeyang wants to open his mouth, Seungri beats him.

 

“Call Ji Woo inside…” Seungri suddenly speaks.

 

Seungri’s tone sounds serious this time and it meant something is off somewhere. Taeyang immediately put down his food on the table and moves to the phone on their big working table, to intercom their secretary.

 

“Ji Woo, come in…” Taeyang said shortly as he intercom the secretary. Then, he walks back to the couch and sits. Back to eating but his eyes are still on his maknae. Jiyong is keeping his mouth shut for a moment.

Soon after that, a knocking sound appeared and Jiyong opens his mouth asking the person to come in. Ji Woo finally appeared behind the door and comes in. She walks to them and stops at the small table, looking at her three bosses, waiting for the instruction.

 

“What can I do for you, boss?” Her question is open to the three of them. Seungri finally takes his eyes away from his food and look at his secretary with a very serious look.

 

“Ask everyone to check their things and cubicles. Check those computers, shelves, underneath their tables, basically everywhere and don’t ask them to say a thing while checking their place,” Seungri said, giving out instruction.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang exchanges look at that sudden order.

 

As usual, Ji Woo nodded her head without questioning the order from the President. She then bows down and leave to carry out the order right away. Suddenly she stops at the door and turn around.

 

“But, Sir… May I know what we are looking for actually?” she asked.

 

Taeyang and Jiyong are thinking about the same thing as they then look at their maknae in return, silently asking the same question mentally.

 

Seungri let out a heavy sighs one more time.

 

“A hidden camera…” Seungri said shortly.

“...” Taeyang muttered under his breath. He doesn’t see that coming.

 

Ji Woo’s eyes turn wide and now she immediately nods her head and leaves the room in instant.

 

“If she really did that, we are so going into a war…” Jiyong said as his eyes flaming in anger.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“Kyaa! I told you to have a look at those pictures… At least, LOOK Chaerin! LOOK!!” Mrs. Lee Ye Jin, Chaerin’s mother is complaining while her one and only daughter are frowning on the dining table, having her first meal after a long day and now her mother is trying to show her a few pictures of potential son in law, like there is no other time to do it. This is definitely sickening.

 

“What’s with those pictures, omma??? I told you, I don’t want to get married!” Chaerin replied in annoyance.

 

One smack landed on her head in instant. Chaerin gasp at that sudden violence as she stares in disbelief at her mother. Seriously???

 

“Are you crazy??? Why don’t you want to get married??? Why??? Why??? You love your job that much!??? That much??? You want to stay single for the rest of your life and leave your mother alone without any grandchild in her older days??? You are that cruel?? I raised you up with my own hands and never once I asked you to do many things for me and right when I want you to do something for me, YOU SAID NO???” Mrs. Lee yelled at her daughter. Both of them just live together in a condominium that Chaerin bought for them years ago. They lived there years ago after the death of her father because of heart attack and since that day, her mother keeps on using that “single mother” argument to her, just to coax her into marriage.

 

There is no way she wants to get married now. She’s at the peak of her career as a prosecutor and doesn’t want to lose that in the name of marriage. She knows that her mother wants her to get married so bad, judging by her age right now and lots of her same aged friends are already settled down and children some more. Her mother wants that for her. She knows, but she does not ready and she doesn’t believe in marriage too.

 

She already faced and heard so many divorce experiences among her friends, little that she knows; she is quite scared to start a family with a man when she heard things like that. She did have a boyfriend before but in the end, he left her for someone else, so she doesn’t see why she should get married when she doesn’t believe with the “love” word anymore.

 

“Omma…” Chaerin said softly while playing with her foods.

 

“What!” Mrs. Lee replied harshly. She still mad at her daughter though.

 

“Do you love me?”

 

Mrs. Lee sighs at that sudden question. She knows where this conversation is going.

 

“What are you trying to prove over here, Chae…” Mrs. Lee asked.

 

“I love you omma… I really do… Can’t we just live together, forever?” Chaerin asked softly as she lifts up her head and face her mother this time. “My life is perfect… My life is complete right now… I have a promising career, we have lots of money, we can go travel together, we can spent most of times shopping together and I have you with me all the time, all to myself… So, are you not happy with that? If I get married, you won’t have me all to yourself anymore… I need to leave this house and live with my husband and you will be left here alone… Isn’t it lonely?” Chaerin said.

 

Mrs. Lee looks at her one and only daughter with her sad look and Chaerin hates the look the most. She knows what her mother is going to say because this is not the first time they arguing about this.

 

“I want you to have a life, Chae…” Mrs Lee said.

 

Chaerin closes her eyes at that sad comment. Her mother really knows how to make her feel guilty.

 

“I have a life, omma… I have a great life… I have you… I have money… I have a career… I have everything…” Chaerin said as her gets up from her chair and brings her bowls and plates with her to the sink. “Don’t talk to me like I have no life and like I’ve spending my life wasted on the street… I love what I have now, omma…” Chaerin said as she washed the dishes.

 

Mrs. Lee turns to look at her daughter at the sink.

 

“I want you to feel the feelings of being in love… In love… Love, Chae… Love!” Mrs. Lee said.

 

“Omma, I LOVE YOU! Isn’t it the same damn thing!?” Chaerin retorted back in annoyance.

 

Mrs. Lee takes a deep breath at that answer.

 

“Not that kind of love. You know what I meant, Chaerin… Stop playing dumb…” Mrs. Lee said as she gets up from her chair and walks to her daughter. She stands beside her daughter and softly she caressed Chaerin’s hair lovingly while her daughter just ignores the touch and continues her doing. “There is a man that was created just for you, out there… Open your heart… Start afresh.. Gives chance to yourself, Chaerin… You deserved a love as wide as the ocean… You know what I meant, right?”

 

Chaerin let out a small smile at that statement. She sighs. “No man would dumb enough to love this fierce daughter of yours, omma… Moreover, a love that as wide as an ocean… Everybody leaves, eventually… All men are just the same,” Chaerin said, not even looking at her mother at all.

 

“Your appa?” Mrs. Lee asked as she still caressing her daughter’s hair.

 

“Appa, is different… He is a limited edition…” Chaerin answered brightly and she gives her sweet smile to her mother. Chaerin wants to move back to the dining table, when suddenly her mother pulls her right hand, to stop her. She looks at her mother.

 

“One day, you will find a man that is going to sacrifice everything that he has just for you and loves you till his last breathe… Exactly like appa…”

 

Sigh… Too good to be true…

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“She crossed the line, right now Dae… We need to do something about it…” Taeyang said as he lies on the big couch in the living room of their mansion, when Daesung is having his coffee while listening to his hyungs stories just now but his eyes are still on the cartoon movie that is playing at their wide flat screen television. Despite of being one of the high ranking officers in the Blue House, as to cut it short, someone who has power in the political field, Daesung is just a teen kid at heart. He is witty, brilliant and definitely a man that has a smooth way with words, which those are the very reasons why he can infiltrate into Blue House at the very young age.

 

“She has the guts to pull that kind of stunt to us, you know. Who knows what she’s up to next… This time, is hidden cameras… What else, next? Thank god maknae was sharp enough to catch this one but in the end, it won’t stop her, you know,” Jiyong continued while working on something with his laptop on the small table in the living room as well.

 

“Where is Seungri?” Daesung asked when his maknae is being mentioned. When he arrived in an hour earlier, he didn’t catch a glance on his maknae.

 

“He is sleeping in his bedroom. He needs sleep… He really needs that. The pain is back I guess… He doesn’t look so good today,” Jiyong replied.

 

“Then? Call the doctor… He can’t depend on the painkillers all the time. Painkillers are not doing any good for his health you know…” Daesung said in worried.

 

“He said he already booked for an appointment tomorrow so we shouldn’t call one today…” Jiyong replied as his eyes are still on his laptop.

 

“Well, what do you want me to do?” Daesung said as he takes another sip of his coffee. “If you guys want me to take her down Prosecutor’s Office, I must say it’s going to be a little bit difficult. She’s clean and she has a very good reputation in there. She’s not a small catch you know...”

 

“Then, created one… No one can be too clean… Her past… Her life… Her family… Her previous work… No one is too clean…” Taeyang replied as his eyes flaming in anger. He is still angry with the “hidden camera” issue though.

 

The situation is becoming quiet for a moment as all of them are thinking of what to do with this witch that keeps on coming after them and it’s already been going on for a year.

 

Suddenly, a beep sound comes from the door. Everyone looks at each other and then they heard the familiar footsteps. Those footsteps are coming to them. Till finally…

 

“I really want to kill her…”

 

That deep voice caused the three brothers to turn to the voice owner in instant. Their big brother just came home. The eldest one in their “family”.

 

“Hyung!” Jiyong whined at the first sight of Seunghyun.

 

Daesung grins at that whining and just smiling at the eldest, just ignoring that bitter face of Seunghyun that clearly look damn fuming right now. He knew already.

 

“What the is wrong with that ?” Seunghyun said as he takes off his long coat and throw it on Taeyang’s face in one go. He ignores his dongaeng’s grunts and takes his seat on the single couch situated behind Jiyong. “What does she wants from us? We didn’t touch the Prosecutor’s Office for a very long time one and now she already steps in our office twice… She wants to die that bad?”

 

“She doesn’t know with who she is playing right now…” Daesung said calmly as his fingers playing at the mouth of his cup. “She is at the peak of her career; of course she wants to catch a big fish… Why she wants us? That shouldn’t be the question though…”

 

“Younha’s fall was because of her right?” Seunghyun asked as he takes out his cigarettes box and lighter from his pockets. s like this will only makes his destroy his lungs more. He lights up his cigarette and finally puffs out a big amount of smoke, symbolizing his stress level right now.

 

“Haisy, hyung! How many times I told you, not to smoke in the house…” Taeyang said as he covers half of his face with Seunghyun’s long coat.

 

Seunghyun just ignores his dongsaeng’s words while his eyes caught something on Jiyong’s laptop screen. His eyes turn wide. He smacks Jiyong’s head in one go.

 

“I thought you are doing something serious! You are just playing that FIFA game???” Seunghyun exploded. Jiyong rubs his head.

 

“I can’t be working all the time, hyung!” Jiyong replied.

 

“Then why don’t you play it with the tv?” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Dae wants to watch that cartoon so bad!” Jiyong said.

 

Seunghyun finally looks at Daesung who has been quiet for a moment, giving his 100% concentration on the cartoon on the tv right now. What the ? Just what kind of person that we planted in Blue House??? A man who loves cartoon?

 

“I couldn’t believe you guys…” Seunghyun muttered to himself as he looks at his three dongsaengs. Taeyang is watching the cartoon too now… “Are you staying, Dae?” Seunghyun asked.

 

Daesung just keeps on watching the tv, not listening to his hyung asking him.

 

What the ?

 

Jiyong notices that single interaction, and just laughs slowly to himself.

 

Seunghyun gives up. He kicks Jiyong’s back a bit. “Where is maknae?” Seunghyun finally asked.

 

“Sleeping…” Jiyong asked lazily.

 

“He eats?”

 

“Done…”

 

“Is he okay?”

 

“I think so… But that witch did give us a hard time, now… So I think, maknae is not going to stay quiet this time… He is looking for Soo Hyuk…”

 

“That man… I told you, he couldn’t be trusted…” Seunghyun said.

 

“Ahh! I thought he is going out tonight… He asked someone to bring Soo Hyuk to him tonight… But, he is sleeping though… Should I wake him up?” Jiyong said as he pause his game.

 

Seunghyun smacks Jiyong’s head one more time.

 

“Don’t you dare to wake him up...” Seunghyun warned him.

 

“I didn’t sleep though…” A voice comes from behind, together with the sound of a walking stick hitting the floor.

 

The four hyungs turn to the hallway that is heading to their respective rooms and finally, Seungri comes out walking from there, looks perfectly ready in his usual suit.

 

“When did you come back hyung?” Seungri asked his eldest hyung as soon as he reaches his hyung’s side on the couch.

 

“Just now…” Seunghyun replied as he looks up at his standing maknae beside him. “Where are you going? I thought you are sleeping…”

 

“I’m going out… I have an appointment…” Seungri answered with his usual bright smiles to his hyung. With the outsiders, they might not be able to see that kind of smiles though. Everyone looks at Seungri as someone that is untouchable and not friendly at all. That young man is only smiling at his hyungs only, never for someone else. To ease the tension when meeting him in person, everybody is always praying for one of his hyung to be with Seungri at that time, or else, not a single smile will appeared from that young man’s face and tense mood will be in the air, all the time.

 

“I’m coming with you, okay?” Seunghyun said as he looks like he wants to get up from the couch, but Seungri stops his hyung with his right hand on Seunghyun’s left shoulder, pushing his hyung back down.

 

“No… I’m going alone… You just came back hyung… Have a rest…” Seungri said.

 

“You know that I’m not tired at all,” Seunghyun replied in disagreement.

 

Seungri shakes his head. “No... You are tired… Rest hyung…”

 

Seunghyun just stares at his maknae in defeat.

 

“Well, see you at breakfast tomorrow…” Seungri said as he starts to walk lamely, leaving his four hyungs behind.

 

“You are going to coming back late?” Jiyong asked as he looks at Seungri’s back.

 

Seungri stops and turns around. He smiles.

 

“Kinda…” Seungri replied shortly.

 

“Are you meeting Soo Hyuk?” Taeyang asked as he gets up from lying down and turns to face his maknae that is leaving.

 

“Yeah…” Seungri said.

 

“If he was the one who caused this mess, make him pay maknae…” Taeyang said.

 

Seungri smiles as he nodded his head. He wants to leave them but for one last time he stops in his steps as he turns around and facing his hyungs. His four hyungs looks at him back.

 

“Someone… Please find that witch… Where she lives, with who she stays with, her family, friends, works, hobby, her past and even what she eats and drinks… Find all of it…” Seungri with his stern voice and he stops for a moment as he takes a deep breath before he opens his mouth one more time.

 

“She needs to be taught a lesson on with whom she is facing right now…”