CHAPTER 2

TILL MY LAST BREATH

 

“You gotta be kidding me, right????” Chaerin said in disbelief as she shows up that letter that she just found on her table that morning to the man that is sitting on the big chair behind the big table between them. The older man is looking at her with his flaming eyes.

 

“Face the consequences, Chaerin! Stop complaining like a kid. You know this yourself but you are being so egoistic and still carry it out. You do the raid without informing us and I don’t know how you can get the warrant with you! What do you take me for?? Your colleague??? Office mate?? I AM YOUR ING BOSS! Learn to pay some respect to me, Chaerin. You made me look like a fool!” Baek Hwi Young, the head of the Prosecution Department. A 50 years old man who has being in the field for almost 20 years now. He was the one who managed to pull Chaerin into his department and has been good to her since her first day of becoming a prosecutor. He knows her as his best officer and he can see how far she can goes, judging by her potential in doing her job, but as time goes by, he can feel that Chaerin is starting to do things on her own, with her own ways. Baek Hwi Young doesn’t like this. They could go into trouble for that.

 

“This is not the first time I’m doing this Sir… So, I can’t see the reason why I was being suspended for a month for something stupid like this. This is ridiculous!” Chaerin said in annoyance.

 

“Because this is not the first time, Chaerin… Because this is not the first time… You are crossing the line!”

 

“What line!”

 

“Everything has its own procedure and ethics that are needed to be observed while doing the investigation, but what you did yesterday, deserved this kind of punishment… Face it like a mature adult, Chaerin. Come back here after a month… Clear your head! Do some reflecting too… I don’t expect this kind of attitude when you come back later..” Baek Hwi Young said as he looks away, avoiding the eye contact with his fuming officer.

 

“You know that they are the one who is behind the slush fund, right?” Chaerin asked in more calm tone now and her words deserved a deathly stare from her boss.

 

“Watch your words…” Baek Hwi Young said slowly.

 

“You knew…” Chaerin said.

 

“We don’t have enough evidence on that Chaerin…”

 

“That was what I’m doing yesterday, Sir! Gathering evidence! It’s still admissible in courts though…”

 

Baek Hwi Young looks at Chaerin in defeat.

 

“I heard it was a failure…” he said with his know-it-all look.

 

Chaerin looks taken aback at that statement. Her boss knew it already. Somehow, Chaerin feels a bit embarrassed for her failure.

 

“Catching those three brothers is not that simple Chaerin… Not that simple… They are wicked! Planting hidden cameras that way, won’t solve things, and look! Less than 30 mins, they already detect your plan! They destroy those cameras already, right?” Baek Hwi Young said. He stops for a moment and looks at his officer’s disappointed face. “Those brothers are sharp… They are not an easy target. To catch them, you need strategy and that hidden camera, I must say it was a good try… But a good try was not enough to catch them… They are crazy, Chaerin… Damn crazy… You just pushed a wrong button now… And the very reason why, I put you on suspension was because they are watching us, Chaerin… When I said, watching us, I meant it literally…” Baek Hwi Young said in his lower volume now.

 

Chaerin’s face changed in instant. She stares at her boss in silent.

 

“I need to show them, that you need to face some kind of consequence for touching them. I want them to be in their zone. If I let you go this time… They will come after you right away… Do you understand me?” Baek Hwi Young asked, hoping that Chaerin can digest his reason for suspending her now. “You can be in danger if you chased them openly and aggressive like this… They could eat you alive…”

 

The first one who came to Chaerin’s mind when her boss mentioned about “danger” is her one and only mother this time. Something might happen to her family if they are coming after her. Her boss’s words might be true. Right after that, Jiyong’s face came to her mind. That young man, if no one knows who he is, he might be that one handsome and cheerful guy that you can easily found in a bookstore or a library but as Chaerin remembers back the smirks and his stern face yesterday, that guy might kill her for good. Who knows? Other than that, she never once meet Taeyang face to face though as she only knows him through Medias, pictures and certain information from her people. That Taeyang guy could be dangerous too, despite of his innocent look and finally, the President… That 26 years old guy that Chaerin never see before.

 

Many attempts have been made, to get his images but no one succeeded, the other two older men are like hiding that youngest one behind them. Why that man never once going public? Even his names are everywhere in the industry but no one has ever throw a glance at him. Not even in a grand dinner, golfing fields, private functions, launching ceremony, basically everywhere. The President never once attended those functions, and to make it even weirder. Why the hell the youngest one becomes the President of their company? Why not the eldest? That Taeyang guy? Chaerin has come to a level when she thinks any young man that she came across at the street could be the President. Who knows right?

 

Chaerin coughs a bit to clear .

 

“They have someone in here?” Chaerin finally opens to ask.

 

Baek Hwi Young smirks at that question as he leans on his chair. He shakes his head at the question. Chaerin raised her eyebrows at that reply. Then how they can watch them and knows everything about what they are doing right now?

 

“Then how they know?” Chaerin asked impatiently.

 

“They have someone… But not in here…” Baek Hwi Young replied in calmer tone.

 

Chaerin takes her deep breaths. “Then, where?”

 

“In the Blue House…”

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“She got suspended…” Taeyang said as he takes his seat across his maknae who is still wearing his glasses and lazily scrolling down his phone, for only God knows for how long now. Taeyang fixes the documents on the table and going through the guest list for their launching event next month. Their coming is a big company that carrying out several different business and basically their names are everywhere in the industry, but their main business is the real estate business. They conduct a lot of projects and developments around South Korea. As for the launching event that they are going to organize next month is going to be one of their biggest functions for that year. They are calling for a few bigger developers to bid on one tender that they opened few months ago. It is going to be a big event and Taeyang wants to make sure that everything is going smoothly. A few political figures would be there too, that is the main point. Those political people are one of their holes of making money and gaining projects from the government, so that is the reason why, their company is under the Prosecutor’s Office’s spotlight at all times. Name it, it can be slush fund, tax evasion and the latest, election’s fund embezzlement is where they got the money. It’s been years, and not even once they are getting caught by the authorities.

 

Taeyang who is busily arranging those pages, finally looks up at his silent maknae who has not giving him any responds on what he said earlier. Seungri is still leaning on the big chair and scrolling something in his phone.

 

“Seungri…” Taeyang calls out.

 

Again, no respond. Feels a bit irritated because his maknae is ignoring him, Taeyang finally takes his phone on the table and finally calling one number. In few seconds, Seungri’s phone is ringing. The youngest startled for a moment by that sudden phone call, and after he looks at who is calling him, he immediately looks at his hyung with his questioning look.

 

“Why are you calling me?” Seungri asked innocently as he push a bit his glasses which already sliding down to the end of his nose.

 

Taeyang cuts off the phone call right away as soon as he got his maknae’s attention.

 

“Because you are not responding to me! I’m talking to you just now but you just playing with your phone… What are you doing?” Taeyang complained.

 

Seungri just sighs at his hyung complaining as he straights away logs off his phone and put it on the table. He then looks at his hyung with a smile. Now, he is giving his full attention to his hyung.

 

“What did you just said now hyung?” Seungri asked softly.

 

Taeyang is back looking at the documents on the table with a frown.

 

“That witch got suspended… For a month…” Taeyang said it back.

Seungri raised his eyebrows at that information because he knows exactly which witch that his hyung is talking about. He just looks away and stares emptily on the table, looking like deep in thoughts.

 

“It should be good, isn’t it?” Taeyang asked as he looks at his maknae’s expressionless face. Seungri is always like this. Never takes good news greatly. He surely will thinks further about it and this always makes the hyungs feeling annoyed when they themselves are already happy about the news. It always goes differently with their maknae.

 

“For now…” Seungri answered shortly. Taeyang expected that reaction already.

 

Suddenly, Seungri is groaning in pain a bit and his right hand moves to his right leg immediately.

 

“Why?? Why??? What’s wrong???” Taeyang asked in panic.

 

Seungri shakes his head in instant but his face is still clearly showing that he is still in pain. He massages his right leg a bit, at least to sooth the sudden pain. Seungri pulls out a drawer on his left, the top one and takes out a bottle of pill from inside. Looking at that, Taeyang immediately intercom their secretary.

 

“Ji Woo, brings me a glass of warm water… Faster...” Taeyang said. As soon as he cuts off the line, he looks back at his maknae who already takes out his pills from the bottle, waiting for the water to come first.

 

“When is your appointment?” Taeyang asked.

 

“This evening…” Seungri replied shortly as he closes his eyes, trying not to focus so much on the pain at his right leg.

 

“Why didn’t you meet him this morning??” Taeyang scolds his maknae right away, feeling so damn angry at him for taking so lightly on his health.

 

“I have a meeting this morning remember?” Seungri answered lazily. Not trying to argue at all.

 

“Next time, make it in the morning Seungri. If I knew this, I would take over the meeting… Moreover, who knows at what time you came back last night…” Taeyang said.

 

The knocking sounds at the door is saving Seungri’s from being scolded further by his hyung. Ji Woo entered the room and brings a glass of water to Taeyang. After takes the glass, Taeyang dismissed her immediately. He gives the water to his maknae and Seungri takes it immediately after shoving two pills into his mouth.

 

“I’ll send you for the appointment this evening…” Taeyang said in his stern voice.

 

Seungri put down the glasses as soon after swallowed his painkillers. He closes his eyes for a moment as he shakes his head at his hyung’s words.

 

“I’m not taking a no, Seungri… I’m not asking for permission over here so listen to me… I’m taking you, whether you like it or not…” Taeyang said warningly.

 

Listening to his hyung’s sudden firm tone to him is making Seungri smiles a bit. He feels loved.

 

“Stop smiling! I’m not joking with you right here…” Taeyang added as he is still staring at his maknae.

 

Seungri opens his eyes and looks at his Taeyang hyung.

 

“You love me that much?” Seungri asked playfully.

 

“ you…” Taeyang replied, ignoring his maknae and back reading through his documents. He stays in silent for a little while and just ignores his maknae’s stares on him and when he couldn’t take it anymore, he finally lifts up his head and turns to his maknae who is still smiling at him in silent.

 

“What!” Taeyang asked in annoyance.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri said and his tone is too soft for Taeyang’s ears. Taeyang hates that tone the most, because the things that come after that must be something that he doesn’t want to hear from his maknae, and Taeyang doesn’t say anything but just waiting for his maknae to speak.

 

“Get yourself a girlfriend…” Seungri said as he let out a small laugh as soon as he said it.

 

His words deserved a deathly stare from Taeyang who is overthinking on what Seungri might say before this.

 

“Get yourself a mirror, will you?” Taeyang replied, as he looks back at his documents, ready to ignore his maknae for good now.

 

“You are handsome, sweet and caring… Millions of women will line up for you…” Seungri said in return.

 

“Shut up Seungri..”

 

“Find someone who is not bossy as you hyung… It would be perfect for me…”

 

“My girlfriend should be perfect for me Seungri, not you…”

 

“Oh, right… You are right… Then, bring one that is perfect for you…”

 

“Change of subject, Seungri…”

 

“No… Let’s talk about this… Let’s talk about you… Isn’t it boring, hyung? Spending most of your times with us, with me…”

 

“Nope…”

 

“Sure?”

 

“Why? You are bored of me, now?”

 

Seungri laughs at that sudden question now.

 

“Life can never be boring with you, hyung…”

 

“Then?”

 

Seungri sighs at his hyung now who is completely not looking at him at all while talking because he knows how his hyung hates talking about this and this doesn’t make him the only one. All his four hyungs hate to talk about these kinds of things.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri calls out softly and Taeyang is still not looking at him.

 

“If you don’t have any better things to talk about, Seungri then don’t talk…” Taeyang warned lazily.

 

Seungri stays quiet for a moment. He looks at his Taeyang hyung who is busily making himself look busy in front of him.

 

“Don’t make me as your life, hyung… I won’t be here forever with you…” Seungri said slowly.

 

Taeyang finally looks up at the sight of his maknae and now, not a trace of smile is on Seungri’s face but only sad soft eyes that are looking at his hyung.

 

“Seungri…” Taeyang said slowly.

 

Seungri can see how drastic his hyung’s face changes and he knows why, so Seungri slowly smiling brightly at his hyung, to change back the sudden sad atmosphere around them.

 

“I’m just saying… Don’t overthink everything hyung… Haisy…” Seungri said in annoyance. “Where is Jiyong hyung??? We are having the lunch date with Seunghyun hyung right?”

 

Taeyang clear up his throat at that sudden change of subject.

 

“Yeah, I think he won’t come back to office so we should just go to the restaurant on our own…” Taeyang replied as he fixes back his documents and looks like he is getting ready to leave for lunch.

 

Seungri nodded his head as he gets up from his seat, taking his walking stick with him.

 

Taeyang just observes his maknae. “Is your leg okay?” he asked.

 

Seungri just smirks at that question as he looks at his leg. He winced a bit at the first step he makes.

 

“It’s fine, hyung…” Seungri said in assurance. “You worry too much hyung, stop it!”

 

Taeyang just sighs at his maknae’s complain as he walks towards the door and opens it for Seungri. Seungri just smiles at his hyung’s action.

 

“Now you make me feel like a President…” Seungri said while laughing.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“Omma don’t yell at me like that… Come on! Just take this suspension as an opportunity for us to bonding together… I can take you to many places and we can go for shopping like for hours, no problem… So, don’t be too work up on this thing… I’m fine… Work has been crazy… Omma… Seriously!?? I was just asking you to check the flight schedule… Why are you so mad??”

 

Chaerin replied her mother on the phone while she is busily packing some of her stuffs on her table. She is bringing home few of her things there as she won’t be in the office for a month, so might as well bring back those useless stuffs in her office to her home. She asked her mother to check some flight schedule so they can go for a vacation somewhere and spent this one month together, travelling, eat good foods and play around. It’s been awhile since their last vacation and now she wants to spend most of her free times with her mother, but things turn out otherwise. Her mother is giving her a full long live lecture about her suspension and nags at her like crazy.

 

“WHAT!!”

 

Chaerin stops in the middle of shoving her things into her carry bag and her eyes turn wide. For a moment, her eyes blink in disbelief. She can’t believe her mother’s words right now.

 

“OMMA!!! Are you crazy!! Seriously!! Why did you make plans without me!!??????” Chaerin loud cry filling her room. She wants to scream so bad.

 

“Omma!! Take me with you! I don’t care… Or cancel that plan right now… Tell your friends, that you can’t go… I don’t care…” Chaerin said in annoyance. “I can’t believe you are making plans with your friends and you plan to go without me…. How could you… China is like miles away from me… How could you… If you go, then who will accompany me here???”

 

She slams her on her chair as she feels like she wants to cry right now. Her mother is going to China and forgot to tell her own daughter about it. It seems like a small thing to other people and others won’t expect a top prosecutor like her would act this way when her mother is going for a vacation, leaving her behind but not to her. She doesn’t like being left alone behind and her mother making plans without her because she thinks that her daughter would be busy with her work so she took this opportunity to go for a vacation with her friends. Chaerin wants to tag along too but her mother is telling her to grow up and have some fun like other people. Define fun!

 

“I’m coming home, right now omma! You wait there… I will hide your passport!” Chaerin said as she finally moves in speed, taking her things with her. She cuts off the line and moves in speed, leaving her office behind.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“So, after this, you would straight away bring maknae to hospital?” Seunghyun asked as he feed himself another spoonful of rice with dishes.

 

Taeyang just nods his head as his mouth is full with foods at the moment. He wants to take the meat on the plate in front of him but his chopstick just got in between Jiyong’s chopstick who wants to take the meat as well. The two brothers look up at each other as once a while their eyes are on the meat. Now the war begin, when they fight with each other using the chopstick to get the meat and Seungri who is eating calmly in silence, is looking at his immature hyungs fighting with each other. Can’t they just order for another plate? Why wasting energy for that one meat? Seunghyun gives out a signal to one of his people who are standing at the door, guarding them to come to him. They are right now having their lunch in one of Seunghyun’s favorite restaurant. This place becomes his favorite because of the privacy that the restaurant provides is up to his expectation. They always have their meals in a room alone, without any interruption from other people because they can eat in peace and far from people’s eyes.

 

“Order one more plate of meat for these two idiots here….” Seunghyun whispered to his staff.

 

That man nods his head in silence and immediately carries out the order that was given by his boss without further questions. Seunghyun chewed his foods in annoyance while watching his two dongsaengs cursing each other over a meat. His eyes then fall at his maknae.

 

“How can you live with these two idiots in your office every day?” Seunghyun asked Seungri.

 

Seungri chuckles at that question.

 

“Give it a try hyung… Come to the office and watch them… It’s quite fun…” Seungri said as he takes another dish and put it in Seunghyun’s bowl. Seunghyun shakes his head immediately at the offer and now, Seunghyun is getting annoyed so he moves forward and intervene the two pairs of chopstick that is fighting for a meat with his own chopstick. Taeyang and Jiyong look at their eldest hyung who is now looking at the meat. When it comes to Seunghyun, these two idiots will always lose. They slowly pulls back their chopsticks and let their hyung takes the meat and shoved it into his own mouth without mercy.

 

“You guys are annoying as hell!” Seunghyun said as he chewed the meat in triumph. “We could always order for another plate… Idiots,”

 

Jiyong chuckles at that remark and just dancing in his seat as he knows that his hyung must already ordered for another plate.

 

“Any plan tonight?” Taeyang opens his mouth and his question is open to all of them.

 

“I’m going to sleep once I reached home… I don’t care… I had a long day today so I will kiss my pillow hard, tonight…” Jiyong answered.

 

“I’ll be late…” Seunghyun answered too.

 

“Maknae?” Taeyang asked.

 

Seungri finally looks up at his Taeyang hyung and just smiles a little.

 

“I’ve an appointment tonight…” Seungri replied.

 

“What appointment?” Jiyong asked.

 

“About the election funds…” Seungri replied lazily.

 

His three hyungs just nod their head understandingly, knowing what the reason is now.

 

“Hyung will go with you…” Taeyang said.

 

Seungri makes a face.

 

“Hyung~!! Stop follows me around…” Seungri whined in annoyance.

 

“What??? It’s been awhile since the last time I followed you… Let me follow you tonight…” Taeyang said in defence.

 

“Hyung, I said no…” Seungri said.

 

“I don’t care…” Taeyang replied as he makes ignoring look at his maknae.

 

Their conversation stops for a moment when a waitress comes in, bringing a plate of meat together with her and she served it on the table. Jiyong’s face light up at the sight of that meat. Once, the waitress exits the room, the four brothers’ move in speed to take the meat and laughs at their own sudden reaction. They sync like twins when it comes to meat.

 

“Where do you want to go after going to hospital, Seungri?” Taeyang asked.

 

Seungri looks like he is thinking for a moment and a sly smile come to his face.

 

“Let’s play some cards, shall we?” Seungri said while playing his eyebrows up and down.

 

“What the hell! It’s too early for that… We might as well go play after your appointment tonight?” Taeyang said.

 

“Nope… My appointment will be taking way too long and we won’t get the chance to play,” Seungri said. “Let’s go play this evening…”

 

“Where do you want to play?” Seunghyun suddenly asked as he drinks his water.

 

“Your place of course, hyung…” Seungri said in his obvious tone.

 

Seunghyun chokes while drinking and spills some water on his suit. He looks at his maknae in annoyance.

 

“I told you too many times not come to my place!” Seunghyun said angrily.

 

“I don’t care…” Seungri replied lazily. “Make a room for me, hyung…”

 

Seunghyun sighs at that request. “Kyaaa… For once, listen to me Seungri… Hyung doesn’t like you to come to my place…”

 

“Then, you like me going to other people’s place??” Seungri replied.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang just keeps their mouths shut and just watch the eldest and the youngest keeps on bickering about the same damn thing, every time.

 

“Can’t you just play cards at home??” Seunghyun said with his annoyed face and tone.

 

“WHAT?” Seungri replied with his wide eyes. “Like seriously hyung??? Seriously??? I’m 26 for ing sake…”

 

“Your language…” Seunghyun warned.

 

Seungri looks a bit apologetic for a moment for the word that he used to his Seunghyun hyung and he stops eating right away. He looks at his eldest hyung beside him.

 

“Hyung… I’m sorry but… Fine… Taeyang hyung, let’s go home right after the hospital…” Seungri said as he turns to Taeyang after that. Seungri puts down his chopsticks and he slowly gets up from his chair and one of his hyung’s staff immediately moves to him to help him getting up and bringing Seungri’s walking stick too. “My walking stick…” Seungri asked from the staff. He snatched it angrily and just walks lamely, wanting to leave the room.

 

“Kyaa… Seungri…” Jiyong calls out but his maknae just ignore him.

 

“Seungri…” Taeyang calls.

 

“I’ll be in the car…” Seungri said shortly as soon as the two other staffs open the door for him and Seungri finally walks out of the room, leaving his three hyungs behind.

 

Jiyong and Taeyang look at their eldest hyung right after Seungri is out of their sight.

 

“He is 26 for god sake, hyung… Just let him go to your place… What’s the big deal??” Jiyong said.

 

“Just provide a private room for him, what’s the fuss???” Taeyang said, supporting Jiyong’s argument.

 

Seunghyun just let out a heavy sigh at those words as he then put down his own chopsticks now, his appetite is gone for real. He stares emptily at the foods on the table and not saying anything.

 

“This is not the way to protect him… We hide him enough, hyung…” Jiyong said softly this time. He knows what is going in his hyung’s mind. “He won’t find Seungri there… You secured your place really well… So just let maknae come…”

 

Seunghyun looks at Jiyong with his deathly stare.

 

“I will kill him with my own hands, if I ever meet him again…”

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“Stop taking painkillers, Seungri-sshi… How many times I told you, if you feel the pain is coming back, come to me or just call me… I will come to you… Painkillers are very bad for your health… You think your kidney can process all the chemicals in one night??? Taeyang-sshi, I told you to observe him right? Your maknae took too much of painkillers… This is not good…” Dr. Kim Ji Woo is nagging nonstop while holding a bottle of painkillers that belong to Seungri. The two brothers just keep their mouth shut while letting the doctor vent his anger to them about taking things lightly. Seungri just finished his medical check-up and Taeyang is there with him the whole time and now they are in the doctor’s room, received some long lectures about Seungri is taking his health condition lightly.

 

“Stop taking these pills, as I will prescribe you the new one but not a painkiller… Call me if the pain worsened and please, take care of your stress level Seungri-sshi… You are still young but your blood pressure is no joke, you know… Taeyang-sshi, take him to eat something good please… You know how your maknae is right… Take him to eat something nice and healthy too, and don’t just eat everything in front of you, Seungri-sshi… Control your diet and sleep on time… Look at his dark circles, Taeyang-sshi… Obviously lack of sleep… Take care of him, Taeyang-sshi…” Dr. Kim nagged again and he just couldn’t stop nagging and scolding Taeyang for Seungri’s condition.

 

The two brothers just wait, wait and wait for the doctor to stop till after about 30 mins, the doctor finally is able to slow down and this makes the two brothers let out a relief sighs.

 

“Don’t be too easy…. Next two weeks, come back here Seungri-sshi…” Dr. Kim continued.

 

Seungri widened his eyes and stares at his doctor in defeat. He wants to object but his hyung cuts him.

 

“I will bring him here after two weeks, doctor… No worries…” Taeyang said with assurance. Seungri looks at his hyung but Taeyang deathly stares on him, shut him down.

 

“Okay, we will take a leave first…” Taeyang said as he getting up from his seat and this followed with Seungri who is also get up from his seat.

 

“You do as what I said, Seungri-sshi….” Dr. Kim warned slightly, when Seungri wants to leave.

 

Seungri just gives out a smile to the doctor and with Taeyang’s help, they walk out from the room together and as soon as they are out of the room, both of them let out a very loud sighs, feeling so damn relieved after hours of torture from the doctor.

 

“You are so dead, Seungri if hyung knows this…” Taeyang said as they walk together, heading to the counter to get Seungri’s meds.

 

“You don’t have to report to him all the time, hyung…” Seungri replied lazily.

 

“He will ask…”

 

“Don’t tell him…”

 

“Then, what do you want to me to tell him?”

 

“Just give him your best…”

 

“Can I hit you, Seungri?”

 

Seungri chuckles at his hyung’s threat and somehow his smiles ease Taeyang’s heart a bit. Seungri has been too quiet after their lunch date with Seunghyun and Jiyong, and they are not talking with each other till just now. Taeyang is the only one who listen to the nurse’s instruction as to how to take the meds and Seungri just standing, leaning lazily at the counter while his eyes roaming around the hospital’s lobby. He just doesn’t care about the meds or whatsoever and Taeyang is the one who settled everything. Then they walk together out of the hospital, heading to the car. Taeyang is the one who is driving today because Seungri asked him to. They get into the car together and Taeyang starts his driving while Seungri now is playing with his phone.

 

“What should we have for dinner?” Taeyang asked.

 

Seungri just keeps on looking at his phone and not answering to Taeyang’s question.

 

“Kyaaa… This habit of yours, not answering to your hyung is really needed to change, Seungri…” Taeyang said, scolding his maknae.

 

Seungri turns his head and looks at Taeyang lazily.

 

“What, hyung…” Seungri asked in annoyance.

 

“I asked you what we should have for dinner…” Taeyang repeated.

 

“I don’t know… I don’t feel like eating…” Seungri said as he turns away and looks out of his window at his right side. He stares emptily to those buildings outside.

 

“You just heard what Dr. Kim said just now right… I’m so dead if he finds you are getting worse for the next checkup…”

 

“Ignore him…”

 

“What the hell Seungri… Are you still sulking???”

 

Seungri feels annoyed when he heard Taeyang’s words but he just brushes it off, not replying to that question.

 

“You know how Seunghyun hyung right? Why did you take it too far? And why don’t you listen to him just once? He has his own reason, Seungri… Don’t be like this…”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“What…”

 

“Buy me a beer from the convenience store…”

 

Taeyang wrinkles at that sudden request and change of subject as he glanced at his maknae for a moment. He knows that Seungri is still sulking, no matter how much the youngest deny it.

 

“Fine…” Taeyang answered as he drives further and looking for a convenience store on their way home. They stay in silent till finally Taeyang found a store and he parks his car at the side of the road.

 

“You wait in here; hyung will go and buy for you…” Taeyang said.

 

“Hmm...” Seungri answered, still not looking at his hyung.

 

Seungri closes his eyes when Taeyang is already out from the car, and wanting to cross the road to go to convenience store because it is located at the other side of the road. Seungri just waits for Taeyang to come back. He plays with his phone, checking his emails, his texts and when waiting is becoming longer, he starts to play the game in his phone. He throws a glance once a while to the store, and asking himself why his Taeyang hyung is taking so much time just to buy a can of beer for him. Seungri narrowed his eyes, taking a proper look inside the convenience store and he can see his hyung is talking to someone. Who the hell is that?

 

Seungri decided to go and attack that store because Taeyang is taking so much time in there, leaving him here in the car for too long. Seungri push the car’s button, turn off the engine and opens his door to come out. He struggled and winced a bit when he comes out from the car, depending fully on his black walking stick. He closes the door while his eyes still fixes to Taeyang who is still talking inside the store so, Seungri moves forward crossing the street, making a step to the store when suddenly a speeding car come from his right side and Seungri is unable to avoid it on time. The sound of emergency brake of the car is deafening.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

“Oh! Next week? No problem… I can come this time… No… Hahaha.. I’m on leave idiot! I’ve no plan… Yes, of course… What do you want?” Chaerin said as she smiles brightly while talking to her friend on the phone. She is driving her car, on her way back to her house and she is damn late because she is supposed to come home around the afternoon but now, is late evening. She is stuck with her friend who suddenly is asking for her help to buy a gift for her husband. Looking at how busy she was before and she didn’t spend so much time with her friend, so she decided to accompany her friend for a while and finally now, she’s heading home.

 

“When did you give me the invitation card??? Really?? You are going all out this time, aren’t you? You even made a card… Hahaha… Where did you put it? Hmmm?? In my planner?? Seriously, Bom-ah! I didn’t see it this morning… Where did you put it?” Chaerin asked as she looks at her handbag on the passenger’s seat. She let her left hand on the steering wheel, and the other one, rummaging through her handbag to take out her planner. After struggling for a moment, she manages to take out her planner.

 

“I have it with me right now… Where did you put it?” Chaerin asked in annoyance. Once a while, her eyes are on her planner and sometimes on the road. If her mother sees this, she will for sure get beaten by her mother for not driving carefully. “At the back?” Chaerin asked as she open the last page of her planner and she finally sees a cute card being stick at the last page of her planner. A baby shower’s invitation card. Chaerin smiles at that sight of it. Bom is sure does a lot of cute things for her baby shower.

 

At the time, Chaerin wants to takes off the card from her planner; her car shakes a bit because of the road bumper and caused her planner to fall down from the seat. ing ! Seriously? Can life get more annoying than this? Chaerin gives a final look at the road in front of her and she wants to take a quick move to pick the planner up from down there. She bends a bit quickly and picks up the planner in speed and she then looks at the road in front of her, but her eyes went wide when she suddenly noticed a man is crossing the road. She pulls up her hand brakes and does the most dramatic emergency brakes ever and caused a very loud sound. She manages to stop her car on time but the man fell down anyway. She hits him a bit isn’t she?

 

“Omo!! Omo!!! Omo!! I’m so dead! I’m so dead!!!!” Chaerin cursed at herself and throws away her planner. She opens the door, comes out from the car and she straights away can hear the man is groaning in pain on the road.

 

“Omo! I’m sorry!!! I’m sorry!!! I’m so damn sorry!!!” Chaerin said in panic as she runs to the man and she brings her right hand to , gasping when she sees that man is holding his right leg, like crazy. He is using a walking stick too.

 

I just hit a disabled man!!! Seriously, Chaerin!? Damn!

 

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Oh my god!! This is my fault! My fault! I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Chaerin said nonstop as she gets on her knees, and have a look at the man’s right leg. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry… I didn’t notice you just now! Did your leg bleeding???” Chaerin asked in panic as she finally lifts up her head and looks at the man’s face. That man who just now groaning in pain, is now just stares at her in silent. Maybe he is in so much pain till he doesn’t have the energy to curse at her for hitting him.

 

“I’m sorry… I’m really sorry… My fault…. Is your leg fine??? Damn! How can it be fine, isn’t it? I just hit you… Oh my god!! Your hand??? Your head??? Your other leg??? How’s your body??? Anywhere bleeding?” Chaerin asked again at the man she just hit. Reluctantly, that man just shakes his head at her.

 

“Your leg here???” Chaerin asked as she looks around at that man’s leg.

 

“I’m fine…” that man finally talking.

 

Chaering lifts up her head and she is obviously looking so guilty right now. That man just looks at her with unreadable expression and for a moment, Chaerin can’t help but to notice how handsome this young man that she just hit.

 

“Let me take you to the hospital…” Chaerin finally said it out as she looks at that man who is just stares at her like she is the only star in the sky. He doesn’t say anything but just looks at her.

 

“Talk to me… I know I’m at wrong over here… I’m sorry….” Chaerin begs softly.

 

That man finally looks away from her and he tries to get up from his position. Chaerin takes this chance to move nearer to the man, holding his left arm, helping him to get up. Thanks to the walking stick that the man used to balance his body to get up. He winced at the pain but still ignoring her.

 

“Please, let me take you to the hospital… Your leg doesn’t seem fine to me and who knows about any internal bleeding… Please….” Chaerin said. That man stays quiet for a moment looks like he is thinking about the offer. He looks at Chaerin in silent till finally he nods his head, agreed to be taken to the hospital.

 

Meanwhile Taeyang who is straight away running to Seungri in panic when he heard the brake sound and found Seungri is already got hit by the car just now, stop right away in his steps when he noticed Seungri is discreetly holding up his right hand to him, silently asking for Taeyang not to come to him. Taeyang stares hardly at his maknae, mentally asking on why Seungri is stopping him from coming over, until Taeyang finally got a proper look on the lady who just hit his maknae. His eyes turn wide at that encounter. That’s her. That witch who turns their lives upside down for these past few months, the one and only, Lee Chaerin.

 

Taeyang is boiling inside as he thinks how that witch can hit his maknae just now and only by thinking of that, he is holding in his both fists, and his jaws clenched as he looks at how that woman touching and helping his maknae up and brings him to her car. Seungri is giving his hyung a look when he is getting in to the car. He wants Taeyang to follow him from behind and his hyung understands the signal, so Taeyang nods his head slightly to Seungri.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Chaerin walks back and forth while waiting for the doctor to finish examining the man that she hit just now, and keeps on biting her fingernails, feeling nervous about the check-up. She can hear that man groaning a bit behind the curtain and Chaerin is really want to cry because of feeling so guilty about what she did just now. She just hit a disabled man some more. What if his leg will become worse?

 

The sounds of the curtain being pull over, takes Chaerin back to the reality and the first view that came to her eyes is that handsome young man who is sitting on the hospital bed while leaning at the head of the bed, and now only in his white shirt and smiling at her.

 

Damn! Is he just smiled at me? I just hit him, for god sake and why the hell he looks mighty fine in that white shirt? Oh! He took off his suit.

 

“His legs are fine and there is no internal bleeding… It just his hip is a little bit in pain because of the hit and he fell some more, but I believe there will be no problem on it. I’ll prescribe some medicines for him and he should get some rest for his minor injury. Other than that, everything is fine…” the male doctor explained to Chaerin who looks a bit startled at that doctor’ voice.

 

“When he can go home, doctor?” Chaerin asked in concern as she stands at the end of the bed.

 

“Oh… He can go home today… He doesn’t even need to be admitted… I told you, he’s fine… Aren’t you Mr. Lee?” the doctor asked back to the man on the bed.

 

Chaerin is wrinkle a bit at that small information about this guy where is his surname is the same as hers. She looks at him and again she can see the same small smile from him but this time the smile is for the doctor.

 

“Well, you can go get his meds and the billings at the counter, so brings his identification card with you, okay? I’ll leave first… Take care of yourself, Mr. Lee,” the doctor said and after that he greets Chaerin, then leave to continue checking other patients.

 

Once the doctor left the two of them, Chaerin gulps her saliva and starts to walk to the side of the bed and pulls the chair nearby then sit on it.

 

“I’m sorry…” Chaerin said softly.

 

The quiet man let out a small smile to her.

 

“It’s okay…” he replied softly too. The smile on his face didn’t fades away.

 

“I should be more careful next time… This is my fault, and you should be mad at me at least…” Chaerin said in guilt.

 

The quiet man just laughs a bit and shakes his head.

 

“I told you its fine… I’m fine… It’s just a minor injury, I still can walk…” he said as he moves down his both legs from the bed slowly. He winced a bit at the pain and Chaerin immediately gets up from her seat and moves to the man, then hold his left arm to help him sit at the side of the bed.

 

“My walking stick…” that man muttered under his breaths.

 

“Oh! It’s in my car! I left it there… I’ll take you home okay… If you can’t really walk now, I can get you a wheelchair…” Chaerin said as she looks down at the man.

 

“I’m sorry… I trouble you so much…” he said softly.

 

“No… No… Please don’t apologize to me… I hit you, remember???” Chaerin said as she pulls back her chair and sit in front of the man. “Can I have your identification card? I want to bring it to the counter to get the meds and settle the billings…” Chaerin said with a smile.

 

“Oh… Please don’t… I can settle the bills and meds myself… You already sent me here, so it’s fine… I can handle it from here…” the man replied.

 

“No… It doesn’t work that way though… I hit you… It was my fault… Bring in you here, is my responsibility…. Don’t be like this… Let me settle everything here and bring you home…” Chaerin said and when she sees that the man looks a bit reluctant, she continues. “Please… Let me help you….” She said softly as she looks into the man’s eyes.

 

That man looks at her in silent for a moment till finally he let out a small smile and moves taking his wallet from the back of his pocket.

 

Woah! Expensive branded wallet. Who the hell is this man before her?

 

That man gives out his identification card to her and Chaerin gladly takes it from him.

 

“Lee Seunghyun…” Chaerin reads the identification card.

 

“Yes, that’s my name…” that man smiles at her.

 

“Well, I must say that we shared the same family’s name… I’m Lee Chaerin..” Chaerin said.

 

“Woah! What a coincidence…” he said.

 

“Oh! You are younger than me??? You are 26? Woah… You have to call me noona, though… I’m 30 this year…” Chaerin said in disbelief as she examines the card and looks back at that man before her. He smiles again.

 

“Wow, you tell your age easily… Not many women willing to reveal their age easily…”

 

“I’m not like other women… I don’t have any problem with age…”

 

“I don’t have any problem with age too… Well, to me age is nothing… So, do I really need to call you noona? I prefer to call you with your name… You don’t look older than me at all…”

 

Chaerin scoffs at that statement and looks at him in disbelief.

 

“I’m serious… If you really looked older, I already called you noona at the moment you hit me just now…” he continues.

 

“I’ll take it as a compliment, then…” she said with a smile. Silence is lingering between them for a moment and that man keeps on looking at her softly and shyness crept in which makes Chaerin just looks away to avoid his eyes.

 

“So… May I call you Chaerin?” that man asked suddenly.

 

Chaerin looks taken aback at that sudden request and lifts up her head, looking at him with her wide eyes. She can see that man is making his handsome puppy eyes at her, silently begging for him to call her with her name. Chaerin doesn’t know how to respond and just smiles at him.

 

“Well, let me settle your meds first, and then I’ll take you home…” Chaerin said as she gets up from her seat, changing the subject. Chaerin then walks away wants to leave the man to go to the counter till that man calls for her in instant.

 

“Your silence, I’ll take it as a yes… Chaerin…” he said while smiling.

 

She turns around at those words and she looks at him while raising her eyebrows. That was such bravery over there. Is he just flirting with me?

 

Chaerin ended up smiles at him and walks off heading to the counter.

 

Seungri straightened up his body posture as Chaerin walks off heading to the counter and he just looks at her without looking away even once. She indeed looks so pretty in person rather than in CCTV. She doesn’t tie her hair like usual. Seungri observes her every moves and the way she speaks to the nurse while taking his meds.

 

What should I do with you, Chaerin-sshi… Should we play a little bit? You look fun to me…

 

Like she just heard his inner voice, Chaerin turns her head to him and throws a glance at him. Their eyes met. She smiles. He smiles too. Seungri can see that Chaerin is then looking away smiling discreetly.

 

Pffttt! Woman…

 

Seungri startled for a second as he feels his phone is vibrating in his pocket. He takes out his phone. A text message from his Taeyang hyung. Seungri lifts up his head and looks around only to find his hyung is standing beside a wall at the lobby’s area which is quite far from him. His hyung is watching him from distance. Seungri presses the text message.

 

Taeyang : What are you trying to do?

 

Seungri smiles at that text message and he lifts up his head one more time and looks at his hyung. He smirks at Taeyang.

 

Seungri : I’m making her as my hostage…