CHAPTER 3

TILL MY LAST BREATH

“Where is he???” Seunghyun asked as soon as he gets into the kitchen, just arrived from his work with his all panic expression. He went home straights away after he received the phone call from Taeyang regarding Seungri’s accident. Meanwhile, Taeyang just calmly pour the porridge that he just cooked into a bowl, with his expressionless face. “Kyaaa…. I’m talking to you…” Seunghyun said when his dongsaeng is not replying to him.

 

“Hyung… Calm down, he is fine… He is in his room…” Taeyang replied as soon he puts down back the pot on the stove and when he turns around to face his hyung, the eldest is already vanished leaving him alone in the kitchen, and might be heading straight to the maknae’s room.

 

Taeyang just shakes his head while he puts down a glass of water and a bowl of porridge on a tray, and he then lifts the tray, bring it with him, heading to Seungri’s room. As he walks with the tray in his hands, he shakes his head while listening to Seunghyun’s voice babbling from Seungri’s room. His hyung is angry, indeed. When Taeyang entered the room, he can see Seunghyun is standing beside the bed with his both hands at his waist while Jiyong is sitting at the side of the bed near Seungri.

 

“Does she recognize you???” Seunghyun asked.

 

“Hyung… She never meets me even once and I believed she never know how I look like… No one knows… Don’t get too work up on this…” Seungri replied in annoyance while still lying on the bed.

 

“How can I not get too work up on this Seungri… What if she’s trying to catch you so she hit you purposely…” Seunghyun said.

 

Seungri sighs at his hyung’s assumption.

 

“Hyung, if she knows who I am, I should already be able to catch it… I’m sure; she doesn’t know a thing…” Seungri replied as he closes his eyes, trying to ignore the fuss that his eldest hyung is making right now.

 

“Do the interrogation tomorrow if you must, hyung…. He just got hit this evening for god sake… Let him be… He needs rest… Maknae, here… Your porridge… Let me feed you okay?” Jiyong said as he takes the bowl from the tray that Taeyang brought with him earlier.

 

Seungri shakes his head in return, refusing to eat. Taeyang who is already climb up on the bed and now sitting beside his maknae on the bed, is making his annoyed face. Taeyang gives a deathly stare to Seunghyun for making Seungri upset and now doesn’t want to eat the porridge. Seunghyun raised his eyebrows at Taeyang in return, silently saying “how can it be my fault??”.

 

“Kyaa… Maknae, eat… Remember what the doctor said earlier??? After that, take your meds and then sleep… Cancel your appointment for tonight… Rest at home..” Taeyang gives out instruction.

 

“Leave me alone…” Seungri said shortly with his stern voice and not opening his eyes even a bit, refusing to look at his hyungs.

 

Jiyong wants to open his mouth to coax his maknae but his phone suddenly let out a ringing sound. He looks at his phone on the bed. It’s a phone call from Daesung. Jiyong takes his phone and swipe the screen to take the phone call.

 

“Hello…” Jiyong said.

 

“Maknae… Where is maknae… How is he?” Daesung asked in speed without greeting Jiyong first. Jiyong expected that already because he was the one who text Daesung about Seungri.

 

“He’s fine, no bleeding just pain at his waist, hip and his leg but he’s fine… Well, now he’s in bed, refusing to eat after Seunghyun hyung scolded him just now…” Jiyong said while emphasizing his last words and looking at his eldest hyung by his side, grimly.

 

Seunghyun again widened his eyes at that accusation.

 

“Why the hell he scolded Seungri!” Daesung raised his voice.

 

“You ask him!” Jiyong replied and then he shoved his phone to Seunghyun who is dumbfounded beside him.

 

Seunghyun stares at the phone that Jiyong just shoved to him. Jiyong is telling him to talk to Daesung. Seunghyun sighs at first but take the phone anyway.

 

“Hello..” his deep voice appeared.

 

“HYUNG!! Why the hell you scolded Seungri??? He just got into an accident for god sake!” Daesung’s frustrated voice came.

 

Seunghyun winced at that scolding.

 

“Kyaa… I didn’t scold him, you know…” Seunghyun is defending himself.

 

“Hyung scolded him!” Taeyang screams a bit from the bed so Daesung can hear his voice.

 

Seunghyun gives Taeyang a look.

 

“Hyung… Seriously…” Daesung said in the phone with his disappointed tone. Seunghyun sighs at how his dongsaengs are making him feels now, and his eyes are now looking at his maknae who still stays quiet with his eyes still close.

 

“I’ll talk to you later…” Seunghyun said, and now he is using his low tone voice. It means serious. Not even waiting for Daesung to reply, Seunghyun straights away cuts off the line. Taeyang sees how his hyung is looking at their maknae now, and without words Taeyang turns around and get down from the bed.

 

“Ji…” Taeyang said.

 

Jiyong turns around and see Taeyang is heading towards the door, wanting to leave the room. Taeyang is giving a signal for Jiyong to come with him, leaving the other two brothers in the room. Jiyong wrinkles at Taeyang’s signal because he wants to stays in, to feed his maknae but Taeyang is holding up his right fist at him, silently threatening. Jiyong gives up and finally he gets up from the bed and shoves the bowl of porridge to Seunghyun’s chest.

 

“Make sure he eats…” Jiyong said seriously because to be honest, Jiyong is mad at his eldest hyung for making Seungri upset twice today, since their lunch time together. His hyung is seriously needs a scolding.

 

Seunghyun just takes the bowl in silent, because he knows Jiyong is mad at him too. He let his dongsaengs leave the room and finally left only him and his maknae. Seunghyun throws Jiyong’s phone on the bed and brings the bowl with him to sit at the side of the bed, near his maknae, exactly like Jiyong’s position before. He knows Seungri is not sleeping.

 

“Seungri…” Seunghyun starts.

 

No respond, Seunghyun expected that. He sighs as his eyes are still on Seungri who is lying on the bed.

 

“Seungri…” he calls again. Again, no respond. Seunghyun waits for a while.

 

“Seungri…..”

 

“….”

 

“Seungri….”

 

“….”

 

“Are you really ignoring your hyung now?”

 

Seungri immediately turns around, lying on his right side, letting his back facing his Seunghyun hyung. Upon seeing that respond, Seunghyun bites his bottom lip. His maknae is really mad at him now.

 

“Don’t do this to hyung, Seungri-ahh…” Seunghyun said pleadingly. Seungri is not saying anything in return and just let his hyung talking by himself.

 

“How’s your leg?”

 

“…”

 

“Is there any bleeding?”

 

“…”

 

“Seungri…”

 

“….”

 

“Hyung just worried… I’m sorry…” Seunghyun said in apologetic manner.

 

“Stop worrying about me, hyung… I’m not a kid anymore… You should know this better…” Seungri finally opens his mouth. “This is not the first time you know… You always did this… Making a fuss here and there, and then you scold me like I’m still a kid. I’m 26 for god sake. I can do things on my own and you know about this too. Stop worrying… Stop controlling… If you worried about that witch recognizing me so much, go ask someone to follow her… I won’t give a damn about it anymore…” Seungri said angrily.

 

Seunghyun just keeps quiet at his maknae’s words and he looks down at the bowl of porridge in his hands.

 

The room becomes silence for a moment, and Seungri is silently waiting for his eldest hyung to respond but no words from the eldest. Now, is his words were too much? Seungri wants to turns around to face his hyung but when he wants to turn, he feels Seunghyun’s hand on his back body, stopping him from turning around.

 

“Stay that way for a moment…” Seunghyun said with his serious tone.

 

Seungri stops from turning around when his hyung said that. Seungri gulps his saliva. Judging on by the tone that his eldest hyung used just now, his words might be too much just now. Damn.

 

“I’m so sorry for controlling you, and scolding you… I’m sorry… Hyung is crossing over the line this time, isn’t it? Hyung knows that my action is somehow very annoying to you, and hyung knows that you are so sick of it too, but hyung can’t help it… I don’t want anything happen to you Seungri… There are many possibilities out there and you knew why…” Seunghyun said.

 

“Hyung, that thing was like 15 years ago…” Seungri cuts in.

 

That sudden statement from Seungri deserves a complete silence from Seunghyun because this is the first time; Seungri brings up about things that happened 15 years ago himself. No one is dare enough to mention about it and no one is willing to brings their sane mind to remember back on what happened 15 years ago. Seunghyun stares hardly at Seungri’s back body.

 

“No… It feels just like yesterday to hyung, Seunghyun….” Seunghyun replied.

 

Seungri freezes in his spot, when his hyung is calling him with his real name for the first time after so many years. His eldest hyung never once calls him with his real name since they ran away from the orphanage and Seunghyun was the one who started to call him with the name “Seungri”.

 

“It feels like yesterday to me…” Seunghyun continues. “And hyung will remember that day for the rest of my life… You can’t change that… Your safety is mine to protect but if you think that hyung’s actions for all this time, is annoying you so much, hyung will stop…”

 

Seungri can’t help but to turn around this time and facing his hyung who is now looking elsewhere but not at him. Seungri gets up from his position and facing his hyung.

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Hyung just doesn’t want anything happened to you…” Seunghyun said softly as he finally looks at his maknae this time.

 

“Nothing will happen to me…” Seungri said in assurance.

 

“You can’t promise that….”Seunghyun replied.

 

“Yes, I can… I promise you that nothing will happen to me… I literally surrounded with bodyguards and your people… No one can touch me… No one can hurt me, hyung… And even adding up to that, no one really knows who I am! Isn’t it enough??? If things that keep on bothering you is about that bastard, let me assure you that this time, he won’t get to touch me… This time is different hyung… I can take care of myself… I’ve grown up… Don’t do this hyung… Don’t do this to yourself… You are not indebted to me… Stop making me as your life…” Seungri said and this thing that he said is something that he has wanted to say to Seunghyun for so long. “What happened 15 years ago, can’t be help hyung… Things happened and it’s okay… I’m fine now… I’m more than fine… I’m here with you, with all of you… If I can accept this, why not you…”

 

Seunghyun looks into Seungri’s eyes in silent and he can’t help about the memory that keeps on flashing in his minds. He couldn’t forget that damn day, even he tried to. Seunghyun’s eyes move from Seungri to Seungri’s right leg. The leg that has bringing so much pain to his maknae and the leg that will not be able to walk normally forever. Things that happened 15 years ago has causing his maknae a lifetime disability, which Seungri will not be able to run anymore and even to walk, he needs his walking stick with him. Seunghyun stares at Seungri’s right leg for quite some time and even Seungri notices that look.

 

“I still can walk hyung…” Seungri said softly, like he is reading his hyung’s mind now. Seunghyun shakes his head.

 

“Seungri…” Seunghyun said softly.

 

“Yes, hyung…”

 

Seunghyun gulps his own saliva, as he trying to speak.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

Seungri stares at Seunghyun in silent now, as he can feel that the apology from his hyung just now was not about today, but it’s about the thing that happened 15 years ago.

 

“Hyung….” Seungri said softly.

 

“Hyung should’ve taken you with me that time, right…” Seunghyun said as he looks back at his maknae. This guilt that he has inside him is unimaginable.

 

Seungri stays quiet at that statement. He looks away this time, doesn’t know what to say.

 

“If only hyung waited for you a little longer...” Seunghyun couldn’t get to finish his words when Seungri suddenly cuts him off.

 

“Hyung… I’m hungry…” Seungri said suddenly as he looks at Seunghyun and suddenly smiling at the same time. “Feed me…”

 

Seungri uses his both hands to push himself up and then leaning at the head of the bed, smiling at his hyung while waiting to be feed. Seunghyun stares at his maknae for a moment and can’t help being taken aback at that sudden change of subject. He then looks back at the porridge and this time, stir it a bit while moves nearer to his maknae. He takes a spoonful of that porridge and brings it to Seungri’s mouth so; Seungri opens his mouth and finally eats it gladly. Seunghyun continues feeding his maknae in silent without saying a word.

 

“Hyung…” Seungri said softly while eating his porridge as his eyes are fixed on his hyung’s sad face.

 

“Hmmm..” Seunghyun answered while stirring the porridge, not looking at him.

 

“Don’t make me as your life… I won’t be here forever with you…” Seungri said.

 

Seunghyun lifts up his head and stares at his maknae when he heard those words.

 

“The guilt that you feel, move on hyung… I was not mad at you and will never be… Because you know why? Because I love you hyung… And there is nothing that I wouldn’t do, for you… If things like 15 years ago happen again, I would choose to do the same… I would do the same, hyung. I will protect you and others just like 15 years ago. Don’t apologize to me and please, stop apologizing… 15 years ago, it was just a mistake and s happened. You were also too young back then, and no one can expect s like that would happen, right? So, please hyung… If you already regard me like your real maknae, please… Forget about it…” Seungri said. “Forget about it and continue your life, hyung… I’m not everything…”

 

Seunghyun’s jaws tightened, trying his best not to let his own tears fall. He looks at his maknae in the eyes. Both of them become quiet and just look at each other. A drop of tear finally falls from Seunghyun’s eye.

 

“You are hyung’s everything, Lee Seunghyun…” Seunghyun said.

 

Tears are forming in Seungri’s eyes when Seunghyun uttered those words to him.

 

“I left you once, so now I won’t leave you ever again…” Seunghyun said softly, almost like a whisper.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

“Omma… I don’t want to send you to airport tomorrow…” Chaerin said sulkily as she zips off her mom’s luggage, just finished helping her mother packing a few more things. Her mother is so ready to leave for a vacation, happily leaving her daughter behind.

 

“I don’t need you to send me, my friends are going to pick me up tomorrow…” her mother replied lazily while packing some of her stuffs into her small bag.

 

Chaerin stares at his mother in annoyance.

 

“Omma!”

 

“What!”

 

“Buy me stuffs!”

 

“Let see about it later…”

 

“Stingy…”

 

Her mother ignores her words like it comes from the wind and upon seeing her mother zero’s reaction, Chaerin then throws her body on her mom’s bed and close her eyes, ignoring her mother at the same time. Her mother is too excited for this vacation this time, and Chaerin doesn’t want to spoil it further by acting like a baby. As she closed her eyes, she can feel her phone is vibrating beside her. She picks up the phone and opens her eyes to see who is texting her now.

 

Lee Seunghyun

 

Chaerin springs from her current position to sitting down with her eyes wide open. She stares at the name which appeared on her phone screen. They did exchanged their numbers just now when Chaerin sent him back to the place where the accident happened because he told her that he only lived nearby, so she just needs to drop him there. She doesn’t know why, her lips slowly turns upwards at that text. She presses it.

 

Lee Seunghyun : Thank you for today.

 

Seriously??? Is this how he wants to start?

 

Chaerin : Don’t thank me, it’s my responsibility… I’m at wrong here…

 

Chaerin let out a small laugh as she sends out the text message. This is kind of exciting.

 

“Are you meeting someone?”

 

Chaerin startled by that sudden interference so she turns to her right and she see her mother is eyeing her with a very suspicious look from the wardrobe.

 

“No…” Chaerin said in defence.

 

“Then, why you giggled like that?”

 

“I’m not giggling…”

 

“Yes you are…”

 

“No, I’m not…”

 

“Stop arguing with me…”

 

Chaerin wants to open to say something more but her phone’s vibration stops her. She looks at her phone immediately.

 

Lee Seunghyun : Stop blaming yourself. Things happened, and it’s okay…

 

Chaerin smiles at the reply.

 

Chaerin : Still in pain?

 

Chaerin throws her body back on the bed and her mother just observes her daughter’s action. Those smiles meant something.

 

Meanwhile, at the other side of the city….

 

“Make it worse Seungri! Make it worse! Say that you can’t really lie down or walk so much… Your back body is in so much pain… Add on the injuries…” Jiyong said excitedly beside Seungri on the bed as the three of them, including Taeyang are currently lying on Seungri’s bed together, texting the witch that Seungri wants to catch.

 

“She was there, when the doctor examined me… It would be ridiculous to add on the injuries now, hyung…” Seungri said in disagreement.

 

“Seungri-ahh… Don’t be silly… Attack her motherly instinct. Every woman has that… Trust me on this…” Jiyong adds futher with confident.

 

Seungri wrinkles at his hyung’s advice so he then turn to his right side, Taeyang.

 

“Do it yourself…” Taeyang said shortly without waiting for his maknae to ask.

 

“Kyaa Taeyang! Give some help here… It doesn’t affect your brain’s health though…” Jiyong said.

 

“Seungri can do it himself…” Taeyang said lazily. He just interested in reading with that witch’s replies but not interested in helping Seungri to text her.

 

Lee Seunghyun : I’m fine…

 

“Kyaaa!!! Why the hell you said that???” Jiyong scolds his maknae and hit him at the back a bit after he read what Seungri sent just now.

 

“Let’s wait for her reply first…” Seungri said calmly.

 

The three of them went quiet, waiting for the reply till Seungri’s phone vibrates. The three of them immediately reads the text.

 

Chaerin : Really? I don’t think so…

 

Seungri smirks at that reply and then he turns to his left, which Jiyong is already smiling evilly beside him.

 

“Not bad, maknae…” Jiyong said while smirking back at Seungri.

 

Taeyang claps his hand, admitting the skills of push and pull by his maknae.

 

“Then, what do you want to reply?” Jiyong asked.

 

Seungri shakes his head. “Let her be… I want to sleep…” Seungri said as he throws his phone away and moves from his current position and lies on his back.

 

“Kyaaa… That’s cruel…” Taeyang said as he gets up and sit on the bed, looking down at his maknae.

 

Seungri scoffs at his hyung’s words. “So? I will text her tomorrow…” Seungri said as he closes his eyes.

 

Jiyong just nods his head. “Let him be… He knows what he is doing…” Jiyong said.

 

“The aim is to control her, nothing more than that…” Seungri said as he yawns. He just wants to sleep for now, because the meds is starting affect him now, he feels sleepy.

 

“Okay… Have your rest… Let’s go Ji…” Taeyang said as he gets down from the bed, followed by Jiyong.

 

“Are you going to office tomorrow, Seungri?” Jiyong asked while heading to the door.

 

“Nope… I’ve a date tomorrow,” Seungri replied with his eyes still close but his lips smiles evilly.

 

Taeyang and Jiyong turns around looking at their maknae with wide eyes.

 

“Be careful…” Taeyang said before he walks out from the room with a proud smile and Jiyong nods his head, acknowledging his maknae’s great plan so far.

 

Once both of his hyungs are out of the room, Seungri opens his eyes back and looks at the close door. He then takes back his phone and re-read his texts with Chaerin just now. He smirks at those texts. Seungri then opens his email through his phone and presses one mail that he received while having dinner just now. One of his people sent him that mail. He scrolls one by one of those pictures that he received through that email. Those are Chaerin’s pictures. Seungri already asked someone to follow her and now he has all necessary information about her, during work and outside of work. He has it all now. Seungri is going to get reports on daily basis about her movements and the latest information that he knows now, is the fact that Chaerin’s mother is leaving for China and Chaerin would be alone for 2 weeks. Seungri smiles evilly at his plan that he has in his head for now. This woman only had one boyfriend before and now she has no one. She is devoting herself into her works and her mother. Her father died many years ago, so now this woman is practically single and available for Seungri to catch.

 

What should I do with you Chaerin-sshi… When should we start and to where we are heading now… It should be fun, isn’t it… I’ll make sure that we are going to have so much fun together. You already turn my life and my hyungs lives upside down now, so let me shaken your heart for a while and let see, how weak you can be and how far we can go… Let me mess up with your life this time.

 

Seungri’s phone vibrates and he raised his eyebrows a bit at that notification.

 

Chaerin : Take care of yourself… Goodnight…

 

Seungri smiles in triumph at that text.

 

Lee Seunghyun : Sorry, I was late… I just had my dinner and I just washed the dishes. Are you going to sleep?

 

Seungri giggles at his own text. He waits for a moment till a text came.

 

Chaerin : You just had your dinner? It’s late for dinner now…

 

Lee Seunghyun : I usually have my dinner at this kind of hour…

 

Chaerin : That’s not good… Have you taken your meds?

 

Lee Seunghyun : Done…

 

Chaerin : Good, now sleep well Seunghyun-sshi… Good night…

 

Lee Seunghyun : Already?

 

Chaerin : What?

 

Lee Seunghyun : Are you going to sleep now?

 

Chaerin : You are the one who should sleep now… It’s late…

 

Lee Seunghyun : It just 10.30pm

 

Chaerin : You are not well

 

Lee Seunghyun : I told you I’m fine…

 

Chaerin : You just had an accident this evening, Seunghyun-sshi… Shall I remind you back?

 

Lee Seunghyun : Just call me Seunghyun…

 

Chaerin : ???

 

Lee Seunghyun : I’ve no intention to call you formally, Chaerin…

 

“Woah!! This guy! So straightforward! What should I do with you???” Chaerin screams at herself a bit.

 

“Kyaa… You are meeting someone, aren’t you?” Ye Jin said to her daughter.

 

Chaerin turns her head to her mother who is standing beside the bad, staring down at her.

 

“No… This guy… Well, we met into an accident this evening… I accidentally hit him with my car…” Chaerin couldn’t get to finish her words when her mother suddenly hit her with a cloth.

 

“Chae! You hit someone!!???” Ye Jin yelled at her daughter.

 

“Omma!! It was an accident… I didn’t notice him… I brought him to the hospital for treatment. Just a minor injury, nothing much and he was fine…” Chaerin explained sulkily as she looks back at her phone.

 

“Did he mad at you!?? SCOLD you???? Asking for compensation???” Ye Jin asked as she lands her on the bed near her daughter.

 

“No, omma… Thank god, he is a nice man after all… He didn’t mad at me and omma…. I feel so guilty…. He is a disabled man… He used a walking stick…” Chaerin said as she pouting at that fact when she remembered about it.

 

“Chae… Next time, please… Be more careful… I told you so many times, keep your eyes on the road at all time!” her mother scolds.

 

Chaerin just let out a heavy sighs as she then shocked a bit when her phone suddenly vibrating.

 

Lee Seunghyun : I’m sorry… I might sounds rude to you… It’s okay… We can talk formally if you are more comfortable in that way… J

 

“Omo… Is that guy texting you now?” Ye Jin asked as she peeks on her daughter’s text message.

 

“Omma!” Chaerin screams while pulls away from her mother. “Don’t peek!”

 

Ye Jin smiles suspiciously as she gets up from the bed.

 

“Can omma have a little hope over this one?” her mother asked.

 

Chaerin wrinkles at her mother and she finally gets what she meant.

 

“Omma! Forget it! Stop thinking too much! Stop! Stop!” Chaerin warned.

 

“Well, it’s not wrong in making friends and getting knows about each other…” Ye Jin said as she arranged her bags beside her bed.

 

“Omma~ Stop it…” Chaerin said as she replied the text message.

 

Chaerin : I’m sorry… I was talking to my mom… I didn’t tell her yet about the accident and now she knows… So yeah, I got a scolding from her… Well, Seunghyun… You really need to sleep now…

 

Lee Seunghyun : You called my name…

 

Chaerin : Let’s do that… J

 

Lee Seunghyun : Thank you… Well, I’ll sleep first, Chaerin…

 

Chaerin : Alright… Goodnight, Seunghyun…

 

Lee Seunghyun : Are you free tomorrow?”

 

“OMO!!!” Chaerin said as she covers with her right hand.

 

“What! What!!” her mother rushed to her sides immediately. She reads the text and Chaerin let her. The mother and daughter look at each other with wide eyes now. “Is he handsome?” her mother asked straight away.

 

Chaerin nods her head furiously.

 

“Go for it!” Ye Jin said in confident.

 

“Omma! He is younger than me!” Chaerin whined.

 

“What????” her mother couldn’t help but to scream in shocked.

 

“4 years younger than me!” Chaerin whined some more.

 

Ye Jin looks like she is doing a deep thinking right now. She stares at her daughter.

 

“Just go for it…. It is not like he is asking you to marry him… When was the last time, you meet a decent guy?? Yearssssss ago Chae!” her mother said. “Eh! Is he decent???” her mother asked again.

 

Chaerin nods her head furiously again.

 

“Just go… Just go…. Have some fun… Go…” her mother encouraged her.

 

Chaerin looks back at her phone, re-reading the text. Should I???

 

Chaerin : Just need to settle a few chores in the morning…

 

Lee Seunghyun : If you don’t mind, let’s have some coffee tomorrow… Shall we? If only you are not busy…

 

Chaerin : I don’t have anything in the evening… Well, why not?

 

Lee Seunghyun : Glad to know that… Then, see you tomorrow?

 

Chaerin : See you tomorrow…

 

Lee Seunghyun : Goodnight, Chaerin…

 

Chaerin : Goodnight, Seunghyun…

 

Chaerin looks at her mother who already lies down beside her, reading the text.

 

“Omma…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“He’s younger than me, you know…”

 

“So???”

 

“You don’t mind?”

 

“Just go have some coffee… Well… At the end of the day, age is just a number Chae… As long as he is good to you…”

 

“Tsk! It’s not that I’m getting married with this guy….” Chaerin said in her obvious tone.

 

“Then??? Why are you so anxious??? Just go have some fun… Be friends… You have one month off… Why don’t you take this chance, to experience something different… Go out… Meet your friends, enjoy, have fun… Meet a guy… Your life doesn’t revolve around work and me only… Go ahead… Who knows… This time, it can be different…” Ye Jin said to her daughter, encouraging her to move forward. This daughter of hers really need some time off from her hectic work, and enjoy life.

 

“Omma…”

 

“Hmm??”

 

“You know that I love you, right?”

 

Ye Jin just smiles at her daughter’s words. She opens her arms, asking for Chaerin to come closer and hugs her. Chaerin does it immediately when she sees that. She hugs her mother with a warm smile.

 

Meanwhile, at the other side of the city….

 

Seungri finally puts down his phone on the side table beside his bed and then lies on his back while his eyes are fixed on the ceiling. He smiles as his minds wander to the moment he got hit by Chaerin’s car that evening. His mind captures her shy smiles. She can be fierce and full with charismatic when she’s working but she also can be shy and feminine when she is outside of her working hours. The side of her that Seungri is able to experience today is greatly different from how she usually has been acting. Seungri can’t help but to scoffs at that fact.

 

“No matter how hard she seems to be, a woman is still a woman…” Seungri muttered to himself while smirking evilly as he closes his eyes.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

In her long yellow dress, sitting beside the glass window at her right side, she looks out at the road side with her right hand under her chin supported with a round table in front of her. Looking all bored waiting for the man that is already late for 15 mins. What a very bad impression over there. Chaerin flips her long dark hair a bit as her eyes roaming aimlessly at the outside of the café that they already promised to meet earlier.

 

I spent more than one hour to dress up for him and now he’s late. Seriously??? And why the hell I’m dressing up for him? This is not even a date! Oh my god, Chaerin! Get a grip of yourself. This guy is so much younger than you. What am I thinking?

 

Like God has been listening to her complains and ranting, finally she heard the sound of a stick being hit on the floor and Chaerin finally turns her head, looking at her front. Her lips automatically turn upwards at the sight of him. He looks far more casual than yesterday. He looks cozy in his long sleeves blue shirt, long black pants and his hair is too casual, no hair gel like yesterday but still, he looks neat and handsome. He walks to her table slowly with his usual black walking stick.

 

“I’m taking too much time, isn’t it?” he started while pulling his chair and have a sit on it.

 

Chaerin smiles at him while shaking her head. “No, I just got here too…” she replied.

 

“I don’t think so… Judging by the look that you have while looking at outside, I think I am really really late…” Seungri chuckles.

 

Chaerin’s eyes turn wide at his words.

 

“You saw me?” she asked.

 

“Yeah…. Can’t help it… Initially I wanted to wave at you when I got down from my car, but you looked so lost in thought so you didn’t notice me… Then, I’m taking my own time by looking at you. You looked upset… I’m late and I’m really sorry about it… What a bad impression to start with, right,”

 

Chaerin smiles at him. “Its fine and I’m not upset… It’s okay…” she said in assurance.

 

“Well, I’m trying to get here faster, but as you can see…” Seungri said while looking down at his leg. “My condition is not letting me to do so…” he continued with his usual smile. “I would run if I could…”

 

Now Chaerin is feeling guilty because of Seungri’s words. “Stop it… Stop apologizing… It’s fine. Well, let’s order something shall we? I heard coffees here are nice… It’s on me okay..” Chaerin said, changing the subject.

 

Seungri shakes his head while skimming through the menu that is already on the table.

 

“I’m paying…” Seungri said shortly while not even lifting up his head to look at Chaerin and right when Chaerin wanted to open to disagree, Seungri cuts in fast. “And don’t argue with me…” Seungri said as he lifts up his head and smiles at her.

 

Chaerin pursed her lips and smiles at him in return. They read through the menu together and order two cups of coffee, croissants and butter bread to the waitress. They laugh a bit to shove away the awkwardness that suddenly appeared when the waitress leaves them after taking the order.

 

“Well, are you on leave or something?” Seungri starts the conversation.

 

Chaerin raised her eyebrows at his question.

 

“Oh… How do you know?”

 

“I’m asking you out in the middle of daylight on Tuesday… Isn’t it obvious?” Seungri chuckles.

 

“Oh yes… Well… Yeah, I’m kind of on leave right now… For a month…” Chaerin said.

 

“A month??? Wow… That’s long…”

 

“A long vacation for once awhile… Life has been quite rough and bumpy lately so, why not…”

 

“Well, any plans so far?”

 

“Hmm… Not yet… But going to have some I guess…”

 

“If I were you, I would go travel and experience new things… A month is worth all the money to have some fun…”

 

“I know... But I don’t have any idea yet… Going to have some thoughts about it… Well, how’s your leg and waist? Still in pain?” Chaerin asked apologetically.

 

Seungri just smiles at her while shaking his head. “Not so much… I’m fine.. If I still in pain, I won’t ask you out today…”

 

“So the hospital gives you sick leave for how long?”

 

“2 days… I told you, it’s not serious…”

 

Chaerin chuckles at his reply. “Yes, it might not be serious, but still a concern to me… It was my fault…”

 

“Isn’t it cool? Going out have some coffees with the one that you just hit yesterday?” Seungri let out a small laughs at his own statement.

 

“You are the one who is crazy enough for asking me out… You should be mad at me at least,”

 

Seungri smiles. “It was a mistake and it’s fine… You didn’t hit me purposely, aren’t you?”

 

Chaerin widened her eyes and Seungri laughs at her reaction.

 

“Why should I hit you purposely? I don’t even know you, mister…” Chaerin said.

 

Seungri wants to open his mouth when the waitress finally come and serves them their order before. Once the waitress leaves, Seungri stirs his cup of coffee slowly while his eyes move discreetly towards the outside of the window, and he can see Taeyang’s black car over there, at the side of the road, facing the back of Chaerin so she won’t see them. They are still here. Seungri takes a deep breath as he opens his mouth.

 

“Tell me about yourself… I would love to be your friend… Not just someone that you used to hit…” Seungri jokes.

 

Chaerin chuckles at his words while stirring her own coffee. Shall we be friends now?

 

“Well, this is random… But yeah, let’s be friend…” Chaerin said as she stops for a while, looks momentarily thinking of which facts should she revealed about herself. “Well, there’s nothing much about me… I’m such a boring person, with the same routine everyday… I just live with my mom right now because my dad already died few years ago. I’ve many friends but now majority of my friends are already married so we couldn’t get to meet up often now. So, I just spend the most of my time with works and my mom. I told you, there’s nothing much about me… How about you?” she said.

 

Seungri nods his head at her very short story.

 

“Hmm… I just live nearby the road that we met yesterday… I live alone because I’m an orphan. My parents died when I was still a kid and I’ve grown up in an orphanage. As soon as I finished my studies, I moved out and live alone since then but I’m still in contact with my friends in the orphanage though but we rarely meet, and just like you, I live a boring life as well… I devoted myself in works everyday… Living in Seoul is a tough job you know…” Seungri explained while laughs at his own story. Literally laughing at the story itself. Lies.

 

Chaerin smiles at him.

 

“Well, what did you do for living?” Chaerin asked.

 

“Oh I work for a real estate company resided in US, but basically for now, I’m doing some jobs here, analyst few of their prospect estate here…”

 

Chaerin’s eyes becomes wide at his explanation because this explained his expensive looking yesterday.

 

“So, you didn’t work here in Korea, or what?”

 

Seungri shakes his head while his smiles widened.

 

“I will just going to be here for few months more, till my work here is finish, then I will go back to US…” Seungri answered. “Well, this is me… I won’t be in one place for too long… The nature of my work is not permitting me to do so…” Seungri smiles. Lies.

 

Chaerin nods her head understandingly. “Wow, you are still young but you already have a promising career and you must already go to many places… It must be fun…”

 

“Yes, I went to many places but unfortunately, not in Korea… I’m a Korean who doesn’t really know places in Korea… Ironic, isn’t it?” Seungri said as he cuts the croissant and shoves it into his mouth leisurely. At the same time, observing the lady in front of him, digesting his fake facts. Lies.

 

“Well, what did you do for living?” Seungri’s turn to ask.

 

Chaerin looks taken aback at that sudden question and she looks down at her coffee for a moment. Seungri waits.

 

“I’m a prosecutor…”

 

Seungri raised his eyebrows at that revealation. She didn’t lie.

 

“A prosecutor??” he asked.

 

Chaerin smiles while nodding her head.

 

“Woah… I’m having coffee with a prosecutor right now??? This is amazing…” Seungri said in amusement. Lies.

 

Chaerin chuckles.

 

“What is so amazing about a prosecutor?” she asked in return.

 

“Well, first… I’ve never known one before… Second, a prosecutor is such an amazing job to me… Doing investigation and bring it to court… Cool job! And the fact that now, I get the chance to be friend with a lady that is a prosecutor, I must say, I hit a jackpot right now… It’s cool to have a friend that has a cool job like you… No wonder, your face sometimes look quite intimidating…” Seungri said.

 

“Intimidating?” she asked in amusement.

 

“Yes, don’t you think so?”

 

“No… I don’t think so… I feel normal…”

 

“Your feels doesn’t justify how you seems to people…”

 

Chaerin chuckles while nodding her head, agreeing to Seungri’s words.

 

“You are right…” Chaerin said.

 

“Intimidating but feminine… Your look suits you well…” Seungri said while his eyes on hers.

 

Chaerin can’t help but to look at Seungri for a moment when he said that and very slowly her lips turn upwards, smiling at his remarks. Seungri just smiles at her and then they continue talking while having their coffees and foods. They laugh with each other at the jokes that they made. Sharing about themselves with each other, a start for a friendship and it’s not too bad for Chaerin. Once in a while, talking to someone freely like this, away from her hectic works, away from her usual routine. She thinks that this guy can be her escape for a little while. Unknown to her, their moves are being watched from a black car parked at the side of the road. The two hyungs just watch their maknae’s moves and they are kind of amazed with Seungri’s skill in interacting with the witch. Seungri is rarely going out with strangers or anyone else other than his hyungs. His hyungs are his friends and practically he doesn’t have any friends out there other than his hyungs and that is why, Seungri’s plan in getting closer with this witch, is a bit worrying to his two hyungs.

 

“He’s not that bad though… Surprisingly…” Jiyong said from his driver seat, meanwhile Taeyang is sitting next to him in his passenger seat.

 

“Hmm… He’s kind of normal…” Taeyang commenting.

 

“This is the first… I’ve never seen him talk casually with other people except than us… Kind of weird but an interesting weird,” Jiyong said while his eyes are still on his maknae.

 

“He’s smiling and laughing with a lady, is truly an odd view, isn’t it?” Taeyang asked.

 

“He is normal… Proven…” Jiyong said while chuckling. Taeyang laughs at that remark.

 

“You think hyung would agree with this??” Taeyang asked.

 

At the mention about their eldest hyung, Seunghyun makes Jiyong freezes in his spot. He turns to Taeyang. “Doesn’t matter… He needs to say yes… Maknae is doing a good job there… His plan is good for us…”

 

Taeyang sighs and he can’t help but to feel worry about this plan. This plan sounds good but it feels wrong though.

 

“What if he’s falling for her?” Taeyang blurted it out.

 

Jiyong looks at Taeyang again and this time with disapproving looks.

 

“I will kill him if he did…” Jiyong said and there is no trace of jokes in his tone.

 

***************************************************************************************

 

Chaerin and Seungri are now walking together at the street that is full with people while their ice creams. The night looks brighten because of the beautiful lights and there are many booths that sell accessories, street’s snacks, and clothes. They just had their dinner together and basically, they are spending their time together for the rest of the day. They ride in Seungri’s car and at first Chaerin is a bit awkward because never once in her life, she would get the chance to ride in a luxury car and even have a driver for it. She must say that she’s impressed about it and Seungri just laughs at her and saying that the car and the driver is belong to the company and not his.

 

With that assurance alone, they ended up went to many places, surprisingly do some shopping together, tries new food and it was just like a date. The street that they walk on now, the surrounding is really looks like a festive to them and that is why they choose to have a look at it, but they didn’t know what occasion is happening right now. They just stroll down the streets together while sharing jokes, talking and have fun at the same time. There are times; they stop at booths, looking at the things sell over there and try few things there. Chaerin is having fun right now and she honestly thinks that this is a good escape for her.

 

“You don’t mind walking quite slow with me… Well, I meant by following my pace…” Seungri said while his ice cream.

 

Chaerin who is having a bite on her ice cream’s cone, looks at her right side, at him and shaking her head. “Why???” she asked.

 

“No… I’m afraid it would be uncomfortable with you to walk with me in this kind of pace,” Seungri said while his eyes referring to his leg and walking stick.

 

Chaerin laughs at him while shaking her head once again.

 

“This pace is just right…” she said as she smiles and looks at the booths at the both sides of the street.

 

Seungri smiles at her answer and he can’t help but to look at her while she’s not looking at him. Her long black hair, her fair skin, her shining eyes and her pretty smile.

 

Hmm… I didn’t expect this innocent side of her…

 

Chaerin turns to her right and accidentally caught Seungri looking at her. Seungri looks away immediately, turning his view away from her and starts to look at things around him. Chaerin just smiles at his action. She notices but just ignores it. They walk together in silent till suddenly Seungri stops in his step. Chaerin turns around at him and she sees Seungri closed his eyes while wincing a bit like in pain.

 

“Why?” she asked as she moves to him.

 

Seungri shakes his head, trying to avoid. “Nothing..”

 

“No… Tell me… Your leg hurts?”

 

Seungri let out a heavy sighs and finally nodding his head. Chaerin becomes worried, looking at how Seungri is trying to touch his right leg.

 

“Let’s call it a night… We already went to many places today and did lots of things… I am tired and you are too… Come, let’s go…” she said.

 

Seungri straightened his posture while looking at her.

 

“I’m sorry…” he said apologetically.

 

Chaerin gives him a look. “Why???”

 

“We need to go back early because of me…” he said.

 

Chaerin shakes her head. “It’s not because of you… I told you I’m tired too… Plus, you need your rest too…”

 

He smiles. “I send you back to your car, okay?”

 

Chaerin nods her head while smiling. They turn around, heading back to where Seungri’s car is waiting. Chaerin notices that Seungri is in a bit difficulty in walking as he still holds his ice cream with his left hand, so she takes the ice cream from Seungri right after she finishes her ice cream.

 

“I’ll help you walk…” Chaerin said as she then helps him by holding his left arm. “You still want it?” she said referring to the ice cream.

 

Seungri is actually taken aback at her sudden boldness of touching his arm but he just remains cool. He nods his head at her question.

 

With a smile, she brings the ice cream to his mouth. Seungri raised his eyebrows at her action. This witch is literally feeding him with the ice cream. He looks at her.

 

“Don’t overthink! I’m helping you now… Finish this faster…” Chaerin said like she actually reading his mind. Seungri gives out a glad smile to her, and leisurely having the ice cream that she brings to his mouth. They walk together that way till they reach Seungri’s car. He finish the ice cream before he entered the car, and Chaerin helps him for that. They finally settling down in the car and Seungri asked the driver to send her back to her car, near the earlier café that they went before. The car moves right away after that and the silence fills up the car once it moves. Chaerin looks out at the window in silent while Seungri who is looking out too before this, slowly turns around and looks at her. The light from the street outside, enabling him to see her face quietly. He looks at her for quite some times till Chaerin suddenly turns to him. Too late to look away right now, so he just smiles at her. Thank god she smiles back at him.

 

“Why do you keep looking at me?” Chaerin asked right away, no avoiding this time.

 

Seungri let out a small smile and look away at the window.

 

“Isn’t it normal to look at the beautiful view?” he said while not looking at her at all.

 

Chaerin chuckles at his remark.

 

“Are you flirting with me???” she asked in her obvious tone.

 

That bold remarks make Seungri turn to his right and looks at her in all amusement. This lady is something.

 

“May I?” he said in return.

 

“No…” she replied with her bright smile.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it won’t work on me…”

 

“Why is it so?”

 

“Because, you are not my type…”

 

“Ouch! That’s too honest of you…” Seungri said while faking a pain expression.

 

Chaerin laughs at his reaction and again looks away at the window, ignoring him.

 

Seungri let out a heavy sighs.

 

“You just blew my chance away….” He said and he can see Chaerin is smiling over there but not looking at him. “What is your type?”

 

“Someone older than me…” she said shortly but still looking away.

 

Seungri bites his bottom lips. “You definitely shut me off, aren’t you?” he said.

 

Chaerin laughs a bit and finally turns her head around and looks at him. Seungri is still looking at her while he leans his head at the car seat, making his tired face at her.

 

“Find someone else, Seunghyun…” she said softly while this time, she said his name.

 

Seungri’s heart skips a beat at the mention of his real name. No one other than his hyung is calling him with that name and even now, no one really knows his real name and here she is, the witch, knows his real name and pronounce it perfectly straights to his face.

 

“I will…” he replied softly as he looks away this time and closes his eyes.

 

This time, it’s Chaerin’s turn to look at him quietly. She looks at him from head to toes and smile at her own thought. He does look handsome after all. The surrounding goes quiet as the car is moving and then Chaerin just looks away. Few minutes passed till finally the car reached its destination and it stop in front of the café that they went earlier. Chaerin is ready to leave as she looks at her side and she knows that this guy is already sleeping judging by his quiet still body which is still not moving even the car is already stop. She smiles at his figure. She then looks at the driver in front there.

 

“Tell him, I said thank you…” she said slowly at the driver as to not waking up Seungri.

 

The driver just smiles at her and nodding his head. Chaerin again looks at Seungri for the last time.

 

“I had fun today, thanks to you…” she whispered and then she smiles and finally opens the car’s door and get down from the car.

 

The car moves away right after she gets down from it. The driver then have a look at his rearview mirror and he smirks at what he sees. His boss slowly opens his eyes. Indeed, he is not sleeping just now.

 

“I had fun today, thanks to you…”

 

Seungri looks at his right leg and turns it a bit to the left and to the right. He smirks at his own acting just now as his mind wandering back to the moment he fakes the pain expression about his right leg to her.

 

The fun won’t end here, Chaerin-sshi… There are more to come…