two

Nothing Better Than You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung clutch his phone harder. He’s been muttering string of curses ever since he woke up that morning, no phone calls not even a single reply from his boyfriend. He can’t even remember a single fight to annoy the other but why the hell is he not bothering to call him? He’s close to crying his eyes out when his phone suddenly beep. 

The message almost had his heart stopped not from happiness but from confusion and pain. Like waterfalls, his tears flowed to his cheeks. He did not even bother wiping them. That night he cried himself to sleep.

He can’t even bring himself to eat or move when he woke up again the next morning. He simple stayed inside his room staring at the ceiling of his room. A soft knock was heard from the outside but he did not bother answering. It might be his roommate. The one he doesn’t like being alone with. The guy is weird and annoying for his likings. Even his taste of clothe color makes him cringe, too boring.

A muffled question followed the soft knocks. He simple shrugs and dives back to the comfort of his blankets. His mind again wanders to the unwanted message he received the other night. With one last will he took his phone and throws it to the nearest wall causing the poor phone to break.

His rumbling stomach woke him up in the middle of the night. He slept the day away only waking for the night like a vampire thirsty for blood. He walked out of his room aiming for the kitchen. He stopped midway when he noticed movements from the kitchen.

He gave the other guy’s back a deathly glare. He’s not in the mood for heart to heart talk. He knew the other guy will asked him what happened like he always does whenever he is sad.

He cleared his throat catching the attention of the now dancing man in front of the sink. The guy looked startled when he looked at him.

“Hyung you almost gave me a heart attack!”

“I’m sorry,”

Jungkook’s eyes soften maybe because of his puffy eyes and red nose. He knew he looked like a mess. His hair looks like a bird nest and even his shirt is wrinkled.

“I cooked dinner. It’s still hot. Come on sit down I’ll serve you,” Jungkook swiftly move from here and there.

Taehyung took a sit in the far corner of the kitchen counter. The other guy is literary bathing from his own sweat making his shirt stick on his body. He also noticed a bruise on his left cheek.

“I thought soccer practice ends at seven in the evening not eleven?” Taehyung couldn’t stop himself from asking.

Jungkook simply avoided his gaze when he sat down and started eating. He hesitated before answering, “I kind of took overtime.”

Taehyung took another bite. “And soccer caused you a bruise on the cheek? What are you five years old taking the ball by the face?”

“I slipped!” Jungkook lied.

Taehyung shook his head. “And now you’re a clumsy idiot?”

Jungkook snort. “Why are you turning into a again?”

Taehyung just shrug and continued eating. Jungkook started to ask him questions but he was in no mood for it. He made an effort of blocking Jungkook’s existence.

“…been asking me if you could join us the day after tomorrow?”

A waving hand brought him back to reality. He cannot bring himself to look away when he saw the worried look on Jungkook. His heart started to beat like crazy when he realized that Jungkook was sitting dangerously close to him. Shiver run through his spine.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter