Alternative Ending

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this one is from the original plot and it starts in the hospital scene. Brace yourselves peeps.

 

⏩💮⏪

Wendy run towards the door when she sees the doctor walking outside.


"Doc, is she okay? Is Joohyun gonna be okay?"


"Miss, are you related to Ms. Bae?"


"I'm Son Seungwan, Joohyun's partner."


"Ms. Son, she's stable now but we need to check on her from time to time. I can't assure you that the outcome of the operation we did will be successful. There's a big blood clot on the left side of her brain that damaged her body."


"Is there anything that we can do?" Wendy helplessly asks.


"I'm sorry," the doctor says, leaving Wendy shattered and broken into pieces.


"Seungwan," Seulgi hugs her from behind.

 

"You need to be strong, for yourself and Joohyun unnie."


"We're here unnie," Yeri says while crying.


"Unnie I'm sorry. If I did not let Joohyun unnie go alone it wouldn't happen," Joy says; crying helplessly in the corner. 


"Don't blame yourself Sooyoung, accidents happen so stop crying. Joohyun wouldn't want to see you crying," Wendy reassures Joy.


"You should go home guys. It's late. You have school and work tomorrow. But please be careful on your way home."


"You too Wan, you need to rest."


----------------


White walls, tubes, and a paled-skin beauty is currently lying on the white bed.


Wendy sits on Irene's side, holding her hands, kissing it tenderly.


"Hyunnie, why is fate being mean to us? We just want our happiness but you ended up being here. Don't give up Hyunnie, we will get married when you get well. We'll have kids and let them wear your purple collections. Just don't leave me. I can't go on without you."


Wendy kept crying until she falls asleep holding her lover's hand like it is the last time she will feel the heat of Irene's palm.


The sun rises, Irene slowly opens her eyes and sees Wendy sleeping at her side.


She smiles but the pain in her head is striking. She feels something is not right with her body but she needs to fight.


Why? I never had a chance to show you how much I love you and now, my life will be taken away from me. Seungwan, why did destiny let us meet and then tear us apart? Irene thought to herself.


Wendy slowly wakes up seeing Irene awake. She can't help but to hug her tight.


"Hyunnie. You're finally awake!" Wendy says and leans her head closer to Irene's mouth when she sees that Irene is mouthing something.


"O-ouch! Y-yes baby, I-I'm awake." Irene whispers weakly.


"Wait a sec baby, let me call the doctors."


"B-Baby I'm s-sorry that our d-d-dinner was cancelled."


"Hyunnie baby it's fine. We will have more dinner dates when you are finally discharged." Wendy reassures Irene and sits beside her.


"Why d-did you a-a-asked me to h-have dinner w-with you, S-Seungwan?"


"Hyunnie, the truth is, I'm going to ask you to marry me," Wendy says while holding a couple ring.


"S-Seungwan ... C-Can you d-do i-it now?"


"But Hyunnie it's not romantic anymore... or maybe we can exchange vows here."


"Yes l-let's do t-t-that," Irene tries to smile.


"I, Wendy Son promised Irene Bae to love her until my voice is hoarse, 'til forever and in the afterlife. Hyunnie you know that you are my first love. You are my other half holding the red thread. Let's be crazy in love with each other, grow old together and stay forever in love with each other," Wendy says while putting the silver ring on Irene's left hand.


"S-so c-cheesy," Irene says while smiling weakly.


"You loved it and now, your vow Mrs. Son."


"O-okay, stop g-grinning. I-I can't promise you a-anything right n-now b-because of my c-condition. So, until t-then w-wait for me t-to get better. O-okay? A-and r-remember I will a-always love you," Irene whispers and Wendy, seeing Irene's current condition, wears the ring on her own left hand.


"Why do you sound like you are leaving me?"


"S-Silly, I-I won't l-leave you. Even t-though I'm not physically p-present, you have m-my heart with y-you. W-Wan... I feel s-so tired but I-I don't want t-to sleep."


"Hyunnie, sleep. You need to."


"Can y-you sing a-again your c-confession s-song to me."


"If that is what you want baby."


"H-Hold my hand, t-too. I w-want to see o-our bonds. It f-fits p-perfectly on o-our fingers."


"Yes, it's beautiful Hyunnie. Just like you. I love you so much Hyunnie."


"Wan, I l-love you so m-much. Sing m-me to sleep."


"Okay."


I remember what you wore on our first date
You came into my life
And I thought hey
You know this could be something
'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

So maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Well maybe two is better than one
There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one

I remember every look upon your face,
The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste
You make it hard for breathing
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything's okay
I'm finally now believin'

And maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Well maybe two is better than one
There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one

I remember what you wore on the first date
You came into my life
And I thought hey

Maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Maybe two is better than one
There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking

Oooh I can't live without you
'Cause baby two is better than one
There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And I've figured out with all that's said and done
Two, is better than one
Two is better than one ~


"W-Wan can you k-kiss me good night t-then? Hug me too l-like you don't w-want me to g-go."


Wendy complies. She feels it but she chooses not to acknowledge it; that any moment, Irene will slip into her arms, that the love she's holding is going to leave her for good.


"Such a big baby...my baby," Wendy hugs Irene like she was willing to break her bones and kiss her passionately like she's giving her all to it; a kiss full of prayers that it wouldn't be the last.


"You k-kissed me hard b-baby, but I-I liked it a-anyways," Irene holds Wendy's face and traces her finger on every part of it. "I'll sleep n-now, I will d-dream of you W-Wan. Let's s-sleep together p-please."


"Okay baby."

 

7 hours later...


"Baby, c-can you buy me m-my favorite r-red bean s-slush. Please ~"


"Okay baby, I'm going to wait for the trio first then I'll buy it for you."


Irene mouths a 'Thank you.'


A moment later, the trio comes in.


"You can go now unnie. Change your clothes and buy unnie her favorite drink," Joy says.


"Bye guys, bye Hyunnie. I love you."


Irene can only nod in understanding and smiles.


"So cheesy," Yeri says.


Wendy, I'm sorry. My body is not cooperating with me. I badly want to fight for my life and get better but I'm tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of thinking that I'll get be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter