Who is it?

Something New

GYE UL's POV:

"SURPRISSSSSSEEEEEE!!" I heard the people inside the room scream. DANG. THAT WAS LOUD. 

My parents, my brother Chanyeol, and my teammate's parents cheered as we entered the room. As I approached them Channie Oppa ran up to me to give me the tightest hug. When I say "TIGHT" it means like "I CAN'T BREATHE. GIVE ME OXYGEN!" kind of tight. His hugs are unbearble but loving.

"I'm soooooooo proud of you my princess!" Channie emphasized 'SO' as he made weird gestures with his hands. 

"Thank you Oppa!" I beamed as I smiled from ear to ear.

He looked at me, giving me the most goofiest look, before asking, "Soooooo princess.... did he propose yet?" 

I looked at him trying to understand his question and also thinking about who he's talking about. Channie Oppa wiggled his eyebrows weirdly and gave me a smug face. WTH. 

"What are you even talking about?" I asked confused. 

"Weeelllll, I can't really tell you because it's confidential." He wiggeled his eyebrows again and smiled at me. OKAY WEIRDO. 

 

"DING DING DING~ Let's all take a seat everyone." My dad said as he tapped the water glass with a spoon. 

Everyone did as told and took their seats. As we sat there the food came in one by one, as well as unnecessary questions like..

'Are you dating Jong In?' 

'Are you engaged then? Since you're not dating?'

The whole entire time seemed like I was being interrogated and whatnot. So I just smiled at them, and gave them a simple "NO" answer to their questions. Okay, first of all, let me make this clear, Me and Kim Jong In are just F-R-I-E-N-D-S, Friends. Nothing more. Jong In has been my best friend since elementary, and I don't think I can ever like him that way at all. Friend-zoned? Maybe. Possibility? I don't know. I'm just not really ready to commit to any relationship right now. My grandma told me, before she died, that I will be able to feel if it's him when the right guy comes and I honestly don't feel "IT" with Jong In. He's my best friend, so hurting him will be the worst feeling. I can't hurt his feelings.

I was snapped back into reality when the question I never really wanted to hear was asked, "So, do you like him?" 

Okay. This question is a little bit difficult to answer because I didn't want Jong In to feel sad. 

"Ummmm... Yes? I do? But.." I stopped as I thought of the answer.

"I just don't like him like that. As a friend.. Yes, as a friend. I like him as a friend." I finished my answer. 

I looked at Jong In who seemed like he didn't expect my answer. What was he expecting? That I like him? Psshh. For all I know, he doesn't have feelings for me as well, because he always makes fun of me. So, I don't think he likes me, at all. 

"Do you like her Jong In?" His mom asked. I looked at Jong In waiting for his answer.

Jong In sat still quietly before answering, "Yes.. I do." 

He raised his head and looked at me straight in the eyes. Okay.. I'm getting nervous. He likes me? 

"Yes I do, but.. just as a friend." He said and smiled at me. WHEW. I almost got a heartattack. If he did say that he "like like" me, I think I'm just gonna hide inside a hole and die. That's gonna be so embarrassing because I just said I only liked him as a friend. 

After dinner, we said goodbye to my other teammates, and their parents. Jong In had to leave as well because he was not able to see his family for a month. I gave him a quick hug, bid him goodbye and he went on his way. Tonight was fun but crazy. I was never in a hot seat before. Wow. Now I understand what defendants feel when they are in trial. Huhuhu. 

"Gye Ulah.." My mom approached me. "Yes mom?" I asked wondering why she sounded serious all of a sudden. 

"Your dad and I need to talk to you when we get home." she said as she smiled at me. I wonder why. 

"For now, you are riding with Chanyeol. Okay? I'll see you at home." I nodded and went with Oppa to his car. 

"Are you okay?" Oppa asked. NO I AM NOT.

"Oppa, what do you think mom means by 'I need to talk to you.' ?" I asked Channie Oppa a little confused. 

"Princess, I honestly don't know but if I analyze the situation, it might be something serious." He smiled at me assuringly. ANALYZE? Chanyeol Oppa analyzing a situation? HAHA. This is new. LOL.

"Wow Oppa! You're ANALYZINGGGGGG?!?!" I laughed. LOL. He looked at me with a sad face and pouted.

"I was kidding Oppa, but maybe you're right. It might be something serious. I'm not in trouble right?" I asked worried.

"Haha. Nope. As long as you didn't do anything stupid then you're not in trouble." He smiled at me. AHHH. Okay. I feel a little better. 

The whole entire time in the car, thoughts, questions, and different possibilites of what my parents may talk about flooded my brain. I was in such a deep thought that I didn't notice we're home. Channie Oppa pinched my cheeks to snap be back into reality. 

"OUCH!" I complained. It hurts when he does that.

"Hehe. We're home princess." I looked at what's in front of us and stared at our house. (HOUSE).

"Let's go princess." Oppa said as he got out of the car. Once we reached the door, and rang the doorbell, the maids came and opened the door for us. 

"Good evening Ms. Gye Ul and Mr. Chanyeol." The maids greeted with a bow. 

"Hey hey hey. Eonni and Ahjumma, I told you not to call me Miss. Gye Ul or anything too fancy. Winter will do." I smiled at them. They bowed and nodded before preceding to their duties.

"Chana Eonni." I called out to one of our maids. "Where's my parents?" I asked. 

"Your parents are waiting for you in their study." she responded and I nodded at her to let her know that I got the message. 

I gave Channie Oppa a hug before heading to the study. I know he's tired. When I reached the study, I took a deep breath and nodded. I can do this. I knocked on the door twice, before I heard my mom say that I can come in. Once I was inside, both of my parents smiled at me and gestured for me to sit down. I sat down on the chair and waited for what they are going to talk to me about. I'm pretty nervous. 

"Gye Ulah..." My mom started. "Umm. Okay I can't do this. Ji Hyuk, do it." My mom told my dad. I looked at them confused about why they are acting like this. 

"My dear, you're getting married." my dad finished. Oh okay. I thought it was a big deal. Wait.... WHAT? MARRIED? WHY? HOW? TO WHO? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

"Are you messing with me?" I giggled as I looked at my parents who didn't look like they were kidding at all. UMMMM. 

"No, honey. We are not. You are getting married." My mom confirmed. WTH IS THIS. 

"You are almost twenty-one and I think it's about time for you to know about this situation." My dad explained.

"When you were little, I told you about the possibility of having an arranged marriage. And since you are still young, we didn't want to force the possible idea on you so that you can enjoy life. But, I believe you are more mature now, and I know that you will be able to handle this much. Just know we love you, and we think that this is the best for you. I hope you understand. By the way, we are meeting the Oh's in two days, make sure that you're ready." My dad said with a firm voice.

I nodded my head. Why is this happening? I can't believe that arranged marriage still exists. GOODNESS CREAM CAKES. I'm so not ready for this. Like what I said at the dinner, I'm not even ready to commit into a relationship, what more a marriage? And I also don't know who I will get married to. SO SO SO SO SCARY. AHHHHHHH. But.... I remember what my dad said, 'We are meeting the Oh's in two days, make sure you're ready.' Oh's? Their last name is Oh? Like Oh Sehun? My childhood arch enemy? My first kiss? My first crush? My first love? OH MY GLOB. It cannot be. There's noooooooo waaaay. It's NOT POSSIBLE. Emphasize on NOT. 

I thought about it more, "Or is it?" 

 


 

I thereby note that I also do not own any of the images used for my cover, or pictures placed within this story. Though I do claim that I own the cover and have edited the cover itself. Thank you!

 

DISCLAIMER:

ANY OTHER STORY THAT ARE SIMILAR IN ANY FORM ARE JUST PURE COINCIDENCE. PLAGIARIZING THIS ENTIRE STORY WITHOUT THE VALID CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR (derpss or Medhallion) WILL BE REPORTED ACCORDINGLY BY THE AUTHOR'S OWN WILL OR JUDGEMENT. 

All Rights Reserved © 2017


ISN'T IT AMAZING? - derpss