New Beginnings

Something New

GYE UL's POV:

As I walked through the halls of an unfamiliar environment, I realized how a small decision can change my life forever. I sat down on the bench waiting for the magic to begin. Dreams, really do come true.

"This is it." I said to myself as I sat there nervously and patiently waiting for my turn. I was anxious. Not because it might take away my happiness if I loose, but because all that I've ever dreamed of can crush down to pieces with one single mistake. 

"You can do this Gye Ul. Make sure to bring justice to your name. You're made for this!" I thought  as I pondered upon how far I've come to be where I am now. 

 

FLASHBACK.. 

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!" Jong In laughed as I slipped on the ice. 

"It's not funny you fart! You're no better." As I tried my best to stand up from the sudden slip.

"OUCH!!" I winced in pain touching my ankle. 

Jong In came rushing towards me with concern in his eyes, "YA! Are you okay? I told you to be careful when you do the spin."

I looked at him, darting my eyes on his face. "I DON'T LIKE YOU!"  I shouted at the top of my lungs as I hit his arm repeatedly.

"OUCH! OUCH! What did I-- OUCH!" He screamed in pain, showing me a sad face. 

"YOU WERE LAUGHING AT ME LIKE FIVE MINUTES AGO AND NOW YOU ARE ASKING ME IF I'M OKAY!! GO AWAY!!" I pouted, as I looked down at my ankle. 

Jong In smiled, and took my hand. "Gye Ulah, I'm sorry." he softly said, as I lifted my head to look at him. 

"I didn't mean to laugh at you. I laughed at you, thinking that it wouldn't offend you, but it did and I'm sorry." He said as he held my hand tighter.

I looked back at him, who was now staring at me intently with worried eyes. "It's okay." I said.

"I'm sorry for hitting your arm too." I smiled back.

Jong In's smile grew even wider. He stood up, reaching his hand out for me to hold onto as I try my best to stand up. 

Once I stood up, Jong In pulled me into a warm hug. "Thank you for everything Gye Ulah. No matter how freezing or intriguing your name is, remember, that I will come to be your warmth."

"EWWW KIM JONG IN!! You are too cheesy. Thank you for being the best best best friend too."

 

"Wow!!!!!!!!! Jang Mi is really hitting on the ice today." the announcer said, which caught my attention. 

I looked at the rink, and saw my friend Jang Mi skating her way through the ice strongly. I'm really proud of this one. When I first met her back in high school, she would always nag me to do the most weirdest stuff there is in life. She was the first friend who ever convinced me to skip class, and enjoy life as it is. She was that friend, who made me realize that a person could have everything in life, but that same person may not know anything about life at all. I guess you could say she's amazing, and I love her so much. 

"WOOOOOOOH!" I heard our coach scream with excitement. 

"GYE UL!! DID YOU SEE THAT!!" She turned to look at me with eyes sparkling of proudness. 

"Yes. She's been doing very well this past season." I said as I admired my friend on the ice. 

"Tripple loop! Wow! Nam Jang Mi is really on fire. That spin will definitely give her the extra points for this round." The announcer said again. 

"You're right. Her whole performance today felt so alive, which made her transitions till the end worth watching for." The announcer on the left said. 

"Yes, now let's look at the board. WOW!! 213.69!! Great job, Nam Jang Mi." The announcer finally said after her performance.

I looked at Jang Mi, who just came out of the rink, and hurriedly ran towards her, giving her the tightest hug I could ever give. 

"I AM SO PROUD OF YOU OMG~!!!" I said with great joy.

"I bet you'll do better than me, Gye Ul. You're the best!" She winked at me with a smile. 

"NO. You did great! The transitions were great! You're great! I love you!" I said and hugged her even more.

"HAHA, nah girl that's all you! Love you too!"

 

"Ms. Gye Ul Sim, you're next." One of the judges said. 

I walked towards the rink, getting ready. I closed my eyes and remembered Jong In's words, I'm your warmth.

I looked at the crowd and saw a familiar figure finding a seat to sit on, that same figure turned around and waved at me. 

I smiled to myself, "He's back.

 


 

I thereby note that I also do not own any of the images used for my cover, or pictures placed within this story.

Though I do claim that I own the cover and have edited the cover itself. Thank you!

 

DISCLAIMER:

ANY OTHER STORY THAT ARE SIMILAR IN ANY FORM ARE JUST PURE COINCIDENCE. PLAGIARIZING THIS ENTIRE STORY WITHOUT THE VALID CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR (derpss or Medhallion) WILL BE REPORTED ACCORDINGLY BY THE AUTHOR'S OWN WILL OR JUDGEMENT. 

All Rights Reserved © 2017

 

yehet ~ derpss