Surprise

Something New

JONG IN's POV:

"Darn it. I'm late." I hurriedly ran to the luggage area to pick up my luggage. 

This past month I've been really busy working on my promotions as a skater. Flying here and there, from Asia to Europe, all the way to the Americas. Recently, I was chosen as one of the South Korean ice skater in the males division to participate in the 2017 Winter Olympics. I am so excited. The fact that I get to travel, as well as represent my country makes this entire journey amazing. Now, I am on my way back to Korea, and it's also Gye Ul's Pre-Olympic Women's Figure Skating performance. Since I left South Korea a month ago, I was not able to properly communicate to my best friend, which made her upset. Today, I'm gonna surprise her with my presence.

"All passengers who have claimed their luggage, please use the exit to your right. Thank you!" I heard from the airport announcer. 

I headed towards the exit, as I held onto my carry on and luggage. Once I reached the exit, netizens from different ages approached me, proudly holding a South Korean flag in the air. Some were holding banners that had my name written on it. Wow. I can't believe that there are so many people supporting me and are believing in me to win the gold medal for our country. AMAZING. I was then escourted to the car by some airport personnel. As I approached the car, I made it a point to wave and smile at the people who took their time to come and see me. 

As I sat in the car, I looked out the window and admired the view. "Wow. I missed this." I said to myself. 

I suddenly remembered something. I reached for my pocket and took out my phone. Snap, I forgot I'm back home. I held my phone tight  as I switched my sim card. As the phone restarted, my phone started to vibrate repeatedly. I looked at my screen, while it showed 201 unread messages, 168 missed calls and 5,000 new followers on Twitter and Instagram. Dang. I was gone for this long? Wow. Just wow.

I opened my parents message first. 

 

From: Mom   >April 5, 2017<

Take care my baby. Make sure to eat three meals a day and sleep early. Don't over stress. Just know that me and your dad are very proud of you. We love you. Love, Mom and Dad.

From: Mom  >April 6, 2017<

Adul, did you eat already? We miss' you. 

From: Mom  >April 8, 2017<

How are you? Hope you're doing okay. Stay safe. 

 

The rest of the messages from my mom were random questions. I messaged her back to let her know, I'm back home and that I'm doing okay. Next message to open which is from my girl, Gye Ul. Nope, she doesn't know I like her. Actually, I've been liking her since we were in 1st Grade. That's a long time, so you can say I'm loyal. Hehe. 

 

From: Winter    >April 5, 2017<

Yah! Kim Jong In. Make sure to bring me some chocolates when you come back. I'm not gonna accept you if you don't. P.S. I know you love me that much. Hehe. :P

From: Winter  >April 21, 2017<

How come you're not replying to me. Are you okay? Don't tell me you got kidnapped by a random stranger. You don't even look like a kid. HAHA. Jk. :D :D :D

From: Winter   >April 24, 2017<

Just got done with practice. It feels so different without you here. Come back already!! I miss you. :'(

From: Winter   >May 4, 2017<

YA! Jong In, don't tell me you forgot my chocolates. I'm gonna kill you if you don't have some. See you tomorrow. And btw, it's my match tomorrow. Wish you will be there. :(

To: Winter   >May 5, 2017<

Aww. You miss me? hehe. And no, sorry. I forgot to buy you some. LOL. Miss you too. :P

 

Awww. She misses me. I missed her too. HUHU. I quickly sent her a reply, Some of the messages from my phone were just questions about homework, skate practice group messages, and the group chats my friends created for our dance group. Yes, I dance and nope, she doesn't know. I've kept it a secret from her for a long time now. Ever since we were kids, I always followed her around and did the things she loved the most. I pursued the same dreams she had, because I love her. Yes, I love her so much that I will do anything for her. Even if I had to keep this from her, I'll do it. 

I reached the ice skating venue after 20 minutes of traffic and travel. As soon as I arrived, I immediately took my wallet from my bag and of course Gye Ul's chocolates before leaving the car. I asked my driver to just bring my stuff home. I'll just worry about my ride later. I left him in the parking lot, and went straight to the stadium.

"Yes, I'm not that late. She didn't perform yet." I cheered. 

I walked towards the bleachers looking for an empty seat so I can get a good view of her performance. Once I turned around I saw Gye Ul preparing to start her performance. I saw her looking at my direction, so I waved at her. She smiled at me, and my heart started pounding. That smile. That smile that makes my knees weak. I missed it. I missed her. I smiled back at her as I took my seat. 

Her entire performance was flawless like always. Her smooth transitions were on point. Every move, spin, turn and glide made her even more charasmatic. She was amazing and her doing this was her life. She loved the ice. She was born to skate. To me, she looked beautiful the most when she performs, because you can feel her heart all in all. 

 

GYE UL's POV:

"One more spin." I thought to myself, as I did my last turn. Done! 

I stood there as people clapped their hands at the end of my performance. 

"That was hectic." I laughed at the thought of maybe failing my last spin. 

"GYE UL!!!!!" My coach screamed as she ran towards me. 

"GREAT JOB!! I am very proud of you." she said as she hugged me tight. 

I honestly, can't believe that I just scored 223.56 in my performance. It was my highest score this year, and I'm happy. All those falls, sprains, bruises, soreness, and swolleness paid off. I am very very very happy. I looked back to see my friend Jang Mi smiling.

"I told you." She smirked at me. 

"Fine. I lose." I pouted. 

"You nailed it! Proud of you." She smiled as she also gave me a hug. 

Once she let go, she smiled even wider as she stared at someone behind me. I turned my head and saw Jong In walking towards me with a bouquet of flowers and the chocolates I was nagging him about this past month. YAY. He's the best. He never breaks his promises. ME LOVE JONG IN. Nom noms.

I ran towards him as he opened his arms for a hug. I missed him. A LOT. I hugged him tight, for a while. Once we let go, I reached for the flowers he brought me and the chocolates that he got for me.

"Thank you Jong In!" I said and smiled at him widely. 

"You're welcome." As he rubbed my hair. "I missed you princess." He said, as I was smelling the flowers. 

"Missed you too!" I cooed with excitement. I'm just really happy.

After leaving the skating venue, Jong In told me that he reserved a restaurant for us. We are going to celebrate for my win, and Jang Mi's too. This past two years, Jang Mi and I were given the opportunity to win Gold and Silver both in Juniors Figure Skating, and Senior Ice. This year, we are so blessed to win Gold and Bronze for the Pre-Olympic Figure Skating. YAY. Happiness. 

"How's your flight?" I heard Jang Mi ask Jong In. 

"Oh. It was good. Turbulence here and there, but other than that it was good. Tiring, but good." He responded. 

"Oh yeah, how's school by the way?" He asked me and Jang Mi.

"AHHH!! Don't even talk about it." I heard Jang Mi say, irritated at the thought of school. LOL.

"It's all good." I replied. "Though you might have to catch up with some Pre-Calculus lessons. Other than that, it's not really bad. Did the teachers send you any copy of the notes or homeworks?" I asked him.

"Oh okay. And yes, they did. Though I need help with some equations, and some of the English lessons." He answered back.

"I can help you." I told him as I smiled at him reassuringly.

"Ugh. Smarty pants." Jang Mi retorted with a pout. 

The whole trip to the restaurant was just catching up with how things have been ever since he left last month. Laughs here and there, and a few jokes too. Ahhh. Our trio never gets old. Once we reached the restaurant, I felt relieved. F-O-O-D. FOOD. YAS! I hurriedly opened the car door and ran to the entrance. I AM HUNGREEEEEEEYYYYY! 

Jong In approached the host, and told him that he reserved a private room for twenty people. WOW. TWENTY? That's a lot. Whose gonna be in there? When there's only six of us in the skating team, plus our two coaches and Jong In. What the heck is going on. 

As Jong In opened the door, darkness surprised us. 

"It's so dark." I mouthed. Once I said that. The lights .

"SURPRISSSSSSEEEEEE!!" I heard the people inside the room scream. OH MY GLOB. WHYYYYYY. 


 

I thereby note that I also do not own any of the images used for my cover, or pictures placed within this story. Though I do claim that I own the cover and have edited the cover itself. Thank you!

 

DISCLAIMER:

ANY OTHER STORY THAT ARE SIMILAR IN ANY FORM ARE JUST PURE COINCIDENCE. PLAGIARIZING THIS ENTIRE STORY WITHOUT THE VALID CONSENT OF THE AUTHOR (derpss or Medhallion) WILL BE REPORTED ACCORDINGLY BY THE AUTHOR'S OWN WILL OR JUDGEMENT. 

All Rights Reserved © 2017

 

SURPRISE UPDATE ~ derpss