Insult

Journey to find love

His parents smiled widely at him. He knew this was going to happen yet when it really happen, he was still not prepared for it. He felt disgusted, how could his parents do this to him? It was crazy. He felt like running away and fly back to the States, however, seeing the longing of his parents face, he knew he couldn’t do it. 

“We’ve already picked the date, and the dinner dishes are also already picked. All you need to do is to try on your groom outfit,” his father smiled at him.

“We’ve already send out the invitation, but if there are some other people you feel like inviting, you can do so,” his mother beamed.

“Oh, how nice it feels to prepare your own child wedding?” dara mother mrs park grinned.

“All these time, we’ve watched each and everyone married, we couldn’t plan. Now, it’s our time. I’m so excited,” her father, mr park, exclaimed.

While both the parents were chatting about this and that, jiyong was so angry, frustrated, his heart was in pain thinking about his love nana. He hated this. He loved his parents yet why were they doing do this to him? is he not their son? Have they not consider his feeling at all? why the only person they care about was her, dara?

The neutral feeling he felt for her was gone, it was replaced with hatred. He had never hated anyone this much, now he did. It was all her fault, she kept on nagging his and her parents about the wedding, which was why they trick him to come back. He angrily faced her, and snarled.

“It was you, isn’t it? You have them agree to this? Do you love me so much that you will do this? Why? Aren’t you ashamed of yourself?”

The happy chatters were gone and substituted to shock. The outburst of jiyong put everyone in alarm. youngbae went forward to calm the situation.

“Now, everyone, jiyong drank a little while we were on the plane.” He turned to the shocking dara, “Please forgive him.”

SLAP!

Everyone turned toward jiyong, who had his hand on his left cheek. Standing in front of him was his father, who nearly fell but grabbed firmly onto his cane.

“How…could …you…?” mr kwon shouted breathlessly. His heart seemed to hurt much more then before, he quickly put his hand over it. 

“Dear! Are you alright?” mrs kwon exclaimed as she told hold of her crippling husband.

“NO! I am not fine!” mr kwon pulled himself together and looked sharply into jiyong shock eyes. “I have never felt so disgusted, now I do.”

“Father…,” the sorry son started.

“Don’t give me any crap! Apologize to dara!”

“Why? She’s the one planning all these?”

“Son,” his mother stared at him in disappointment, “she never planed any of these. Your father was ill, and still is. But after receiving news that you are coming back, he had become healthier. Your news was an encouragement for him to live longer. Why are you blaming this on dara? She has done nothing but taking your place in caring for us. If it weren’t for her, I don’t think your father and I will survive till today.”

Feeling ashamed of himself, he lowered his head. Why did he have to jump to conclusion? Now he had made a fool of himself, and accused her. He turned to face dara, and said, “I’m sorry.”

She looked at him in disgust while holding back her tears. Why of all people, she had to marry him? Why couldn’t she be engaged to some one who has a heart? Was God playing a mean trick on her? Or did she do something bad in her pass life that she had to be punished in this life? 

“You’re forgiven,” she whispered. 

She could easily walk off without uttering any sound, yet she just tolerate it. She didn’t want to live her life being upset about this. She knew that no matter what, she will have marry him, so she didn’t want any grudge against him. 

“Thank you,” he said sincerely.

She nodded, and walked off. No one spoke a word after she was gone. 

“jiyong, what you did was mean,” youngbae commented. 

After that incident, no one was in the mood to celebrate, they went home quietly. It was youngbae who suggested going out for a walk. 

“Don’t you think I know that?” jiyong spoke. 

“Then why did you do it?” 

“I guess I felt like I was cheated.”

“Cheated, huh?”

“Yeah…”

“I guess you have made the problem a little harder than it was suppose to.”

“I didn’t mean it.” 

“I know you didn’t mean it but the others don’t know about how you feel. Why don’t you take this chance and talk with your parents?”

“You think they will listen after what happened?”

“Well, he is afterall your father. No matter what, he will support you.”

“Hope so.” 

They walked in silence near the riverbank just as the sun set. The dark sky reflected jiyong mood. He wasn’t happy, but he couldn’t do anything about it. He could try to talk to his father, however, he already knew the answer. 

They turned a corner before youngbae broke the silence. 

“dara seems to change a lot, don’t you think?”

“Yeah,” replied jiyong with an uninterested expression. 

“Do you think she matured or what?” 

“How am suppose to know? I wasn’t here for the past sevens years, just like you.”

youngbae nodded. 

“I don’t think she is that bad. Why don’t you try get to know her better?”

“I already know her. We grew up together, remember?” jiyong spoke in frustration. What was youngbae doing? Why is he always talking about her? Couldn’t he see that she had already caused him so much of misery?

 

Hi, I am back with an update :))

will the marriage still happen? I am so upset with jiyong too.

Hopefully he will wake up and see that dara is good for him.

shall I update another chapter?