Decision

Journey to find love

Flipping through his chemistry notebook with a sigh, he thought how could this have happened? Just few days ago, he was busy studying for his medical exam that happened to be tomorrow. Now, his concentration wasn’t even into the notebook, nowhere near his studies. 

“jiyong, why aren’t you studying? The exam is tomorrow!” a masculine voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Sigh...” 

“What’s the matter?”

“He doesn’t know his studies,” another masculine voice commented.

“That’s not it. He has to return to Korea after the exam,” a deep husky voice answered.

“You know, youngbae?”

“Course I do. I’m returning with him as well.” 

youngbae sat down next to jiyong, and peeked at his notes. 

“You know, you can look at them forever, but you wouldn’t know any because your mind is so far away.”

“What should I do?” The miserable guy lifted his head and stared at youngbae. 

“What do you mean what should you do? You go back and face the problem, that’s what you should do.”

“What problem?” asked the first guy.

“You wouldn’t know. It’s only between us.”

“Oh, sorry.” replied the second guy.

“Tough luck, then.” 

youngbae smiled and started his studying.

“You know, you can’t hide here forever. You have to face it soon. It’s better to get it done now.”

“You’re right. I should settle this before it goes out of hand.” 

“Yup,” youngbae agreed.

The four of them returned to their study in silent. The two Caucasians were busy writing down the formula of some certain chemical equation while youngbae was busy reading them. However, jiyong couldn’t seem to focus on his notes at all. All he could think about was his return back to his mother country. 

For the past seven years, he had been studying in the States. His idea of coming here was of course to escape the arranged marriage. However, as time went on, he began to love the free lifestyle here. youngbae,and him learned English quickly, and soon became two of the best students in the medical school. 

Medical school. If his father knew that he was studying medicine, he would be dead. His father, always wanted him to follow his footstep and that is becoming the CEO of the kwon Enterprise, But his idea of success didn’t have to be achieve by being an heir. He wanted to do something on his own, something that will be a miracle someday. Thus, he entered the medical field. But knowing his father’s temper and health condition, it would be safer if he kept it a secret until he graduated. 

His plan was to graduate from medical school, and return to korea for a visit. Then, after the visit, he would fly off to somewhere better where he will be able to learn and grow as a doctor, but he received news from his mother that his father is very ill and would need him to come back and see his father for the last time. Thus he knew this was a trick to get him back. A trick for him to fall into for the rest of his life and that was his marriage.

During this past years studying, he had grown neutral about his fiancée, dara. He didn’t detest her as much as before. This was so maybe because he didn’t had to face her or had to rescue her everyday. But he knew one thing, he couldn’t love her. It wasn’t because he still held a grudge against her, it was because he had fallen in love with one of his classmate.

His classmate, nana, was his first love. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Besides having beauty, she also had the intelligence, and she was also nice. He didn’t know why he had fallen for her, but he did. It was unclear how they became friend, but they did. It was also foggy how she became his girlfriend, but she did. Throughout the years here, it was her that kept him going. He didn’t want to leave her. 

She knew of his problems, his arrange marriage and his medical school. Though she was sad when she found out that there was another girl waiting for his return, she believed that if it were for only this moment, she would stay with him. She also supported his decision on his career choice. He would spend his time with her, they would do their homework together and eat together. 

Sometime, he was afraid to email his parents. He knew he couldn’t keep the contentment within himself, he wanted to share it with his parents. He wanted to tell them that he passed the medical exams or tell them that he was the happiest man alive because he found his true love. But he knew he couldn’t tell them that. His parents would be devastated to know that their plans for him were his dream. Thus, he could only email once in a while. 

“Oh, nana!”

jiyong looked up from his notes, and his eyes met hers. He tried to smile, but his smile turned out to be uneasy. 

She gave him a half grin before strolling to his table.

“Can I talk with you?” she asked in her sweet voice.

“Sure,” he answered. 

He got up and left with her, with his friends’ eyes trailing them. When they existed the library, she took a deep breath before turning to face him.

“nana, I’m leaving tomorrow, after the exam.”

“I know. youngbae told me.”

“I’m sorry for not letting you know earlier.”

“It’s alright. It doesn’t matter who told me, as long as I know, it’s fine.” 

She smiled and turned around to observe the surrounding. 

“Remember when I found out that you’re engaged?” she asked in a small calm voice.

“Yeah…”

“Remember I told you that it doesn’t matter what our future is, as long as we have the present and the past memories? “

“Yeah…” 

He didn’t have a good feeling where this was heading. He knew somehow it would be a break up speech.

“We’ve spent so much time together, we have created a lot of memories. These memories will be with me forever. It doesn’t matter if you are no longer with me, I can live with just those memories.”

“nana, are you,” jiyong hesitated, “…are you hinting a breakup?”

nana finally turned to face him. There were no tears in her eyes, but her eyes reflected sadness.

“I don’t want to break up with you, not after so many memories. But if being with me can tear your family apart, then I don’t mind leaving you. I’m not dara. I’m strong, and independent. I can care for myself.”

jiyong looked at her in frustration. How can she just end their four years relationship like that? Haven’t she thought about his feeling?

“I might not marry dara. I can always talk to my parents…”

“If you can, you would have done so long ago.” She finally beamed at him. “I’m not letting you go. I’ll wait until you come back. You’ll come back for the rest of the semester, right?”

“Yes. I will. I’ll come back with you in my mind.”

“Funny, I already have a feeling that you’ll come back, but not single anymore,” she laughed. A tear began to fall from her big round eyes.

“nana…”

“jiyong, just remember that whatever the decision you make, I’ll support you. Doesn’t matter if I’m no longer the woman behind you, I’ll still support you. But you must promise me, whatever the decision you make, you have to accept it, don’t run from it.” 

He stared at the crying girl in front of him. His tears were falling, too. All these time where he didn't what to do, he was worrying how nana would feel, and could she handle it. But now that he knew, he was willingly to do as she said. He didn’t want their relationship to end, but he knew he couldn’t have her waiting for his answer. He also didn’t want her to deal with his parents. This might be a better answer to it, having her give up. 

“Thanks, nana. When I come back, I’ll let you know how things turn out.”

He pulled her into a hug. He didn’t know if he could ever hug her again. She was beautiful, there were many other male students that wanted her. But she chose him, and he was grateful for that. She will forever be part of him, forever in his heart.

 

I am back with chapter 3. Thanks for reading my story and leaving comments. ;)

Tada! nana has finally appear kkkk 

ENJOY ;))