Finally

Journey to find love

Many people stood around the gate of the city to welcome back the heir of kwon Enterprise. People stood there looking very excited that he was finally returning home. His sudden return was not something that happened just out of the ordinary. His father, Mr kwon was seriously ill, and Mrs kwon had written him an email, asking for his return to see his father. Nothing was returned from jiyong. Soon, dara had to do something so she wrote him a long eamil, demanding him home. He still ignored it. But that didn’t stop the people of the city to write to him. Anyone that was literate began to write to him. In no longer than a month, news that he was finally returning came. Joy could be seen on both Mr and Mrs kwon. After hearing the return of his son, Mr kwon had become more energetic and began to eat more. 

Now, standing there waiting for his return was everyone of the city. Some even closed their business as in a celebration of his return. Children were running around and laughing happily, it was like a joyous thing to happen. 

Standing near her own parents, dara can see a black car coming close toward the city gate. The car stopped in front of the gate, and out came a young man in his mid twenties. He looked dashing and handsome. Many young women began to chitchat among themselves, how if they weren’t married, they would surely marry him. 

He emerged from the car and scanned the area. His eyes stopped at Mr and Mrs kwon. Strolling toward them, he spread his arms out for a hug. Both the weary couples rushed toward him. They hugged and cried. It was a joyous moment to remember. 

“Oh son, I’ve thought that I’ll never see you again,” the old man cried.

“Father, I’m here,” came the masculine and strong voice of that young led.

“You are going to stay, right?”

“Yes, father. I’ll stay…for now.”

The disappointed look from his parents face couldn’t be hidden. It was visible and it almost ripped dara’s heart out. She wished she could just approach him and gave him a few good smacks. Yet, being a non-violence woman that she was, she controlled herself. Seeing how happy the old couples were, she gave a small smile before slipping away. 

She didn’t know where she was heading to but she knew she didn’t want to be there to hear his sugar coated words and killing his parents with them. Her leg brought her to her own scantuary, where she would sit under her favourite tree and enjoy some time alone.

“dara!” a female voice shouted. 

dara turned around to find two of her good friends running toward her. 

“Yeah?” She questioned when her friends stopped running. 

“Why did you disappear? Mr kwon and Mrs kwon are looking for you,” a thin longhaired girl asked. Both the girls stood facing dara, both of them carried an expression of shock and confuse.

“Why are looking for me?”

“Of course to let dara see you!” 

“I think Mr kwon is planning your wedding,” exclaim the other.

dara nodded and went back to her daydreaming time.

“You don’t seem to care…” the first girl said in disappointment.

“It’s not that I don’t care. It's just that I am no longer interested in wedding. I’ve prayed that I’ll just get married and that’s it. I’m not young anymore; I don’t hold those fantasies about marriage like you guys when you married. Those happily ever after thing will never happen to me.”

“Don’t say that. You never know. Maybe he changed or maybe he’ll realize that the one for him is you.”

“Will he think that or will he think of another excuse to leave?”

“dara, be more optimistic.”

dara smiled and held up a flower. “flower can look so beautiful and nice but after a while it will slowly withered away just like my dying heart now."

“Don’t be ridiculous!” her friends shouted. 

dara looked up the sky and sat down on the farm bank. 

“You know, I was like you guys, waiting for my wedding. But once I was out of that stage, I no longer feel excited. Wedding is just part of life, you need it to gain experience. It’s nothing to be excited about.”

“You also need it to be complete,” jisoo chipped in as she sat next to dara.

“Maybe, but how is it complete me if I don’t feel complete?”

“What are you talking about?” asked lisa, the other friend. 

“Both of us don’t like each other, how do we complete each other?”

“It’s the feeling of complete,” both girls smiled. 

One look at them, one can tell that they were content with their marriage. Their husband must have spoiled them, dara thought.

“Let’s go check him out. Maybe you’ll fall in love. He’s a hottie,” jisoo suggested.

“Be careful, jisoo. Your sweetie might hear you,” joked dara. 

He didn’t recognize most of the faces that stood before him, but he remembered his old man. His father had grown so old and weak. He was cripple now, needed a cane to support himself. His mother also grew older. He remembered in the past, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Now, she was aging, there was bag under her once so shiny eyes, and there were more wrinkles on her forehead. But she was able to support herself when standing. 

jiyong swallowed as he thought, Have things really change this much after I left?

“jiyong, welcome back,” one of the elder greeted as he walked through the entrance of the worn down city council building.

“Your parents and dara missed you a lot,” another uttered.

“Yeah, they have grown so old and ill waiting for your return.”

Hearing the sharp voice, he turned to face the door. There stood a young lady in her early twenties. She didn’t have any makeup on nor did she have on the most beautiful clothing but she stood out among everyone in here. She was thin but her cheek didn’t reflect that, in fact it was rosy. The aura around seemed to be different from everyone else. While the others seemed to be happy, she was the only one with a frown on her face. 

The frown on her face looked familiar, too. Oh, now he knew who she was, his fiancée. She had grown as well. However, he could still see the youthfulness within her. 

He smirked, “Hey, dara.”

“Hi. Long time no see.” 

She meandered toward him and held out her hand, indicating a handshake. jiyong looked at her hand, which was smooth, and held out his, too. Many of the people in there watched in amusement. The long waited couple had finally met yet they presented themselves as strangers. 

“Thanks for caring for my parents,” he said as he took his hand back.

“It’s alright. They’re like my parents already.”

Hearing so, he turned a little embarrass and a little mad. Was she hinting the marriage or was she implying that she was a better child? He didn’t know, but he knew she was different from before.

“Well, we will be your parents when you marry him,” Mrs kwon smiled wildly. 

He groaned. He knew it. This was a trick, and he felt for it. How stupid can he be? 

 

yay!!! finally dara and jiyong met each other~

Stay for the next chap, might be their marriage or not ;)) kkkk