Chapter four: I Remember You

Cant You Remember Me? [EXO:KAI]

I dialed the number and then called him.
I had so many thoughts in my head but he is the only one who can help me with this.

"who's there?" we're his first words.

I called anonymously so he can't call me back and doesn't have my number.

"Bà.. it's me Jingfei."

"Really? Is this really you?"

"Yes it's me, I need your help."

I could hear him sobbing and that's when I felt really bad. Why have I been so mean to him? Was it right of me to leave him when he needed help? But he needs professional help which I can't provide.

"Stop crying please."

"I tought you would never ever call again.. how are you?"

"I'm fine and everything is fine dad."

I told him everything I had been up to since I left and he was actually proud that I made it. I even apologised to him. He told me that he started a rehab again to finally get rid of his alcohol problem. He was really trying hard.

"So what can I help you with?" He asked after we had talked about everything.

"Before the car accident was there a boy?"

"What boy?"

"A boy named Kim Jongin?"

"Ahh of course. Actually he was your boyfriend until the accident. Well you were friends but he was a bit older and everyone knew how much he cared for you and loved you. You couldn't remember him, and that's why he never showed up again since you didn't belive him. He was in the car with you but he was just slightly injured."

"And you're sure about that?"

"Yes. But why are you asking?"

"Because I have met him here in Korea dad."

"Do you remember?"

"Yes."

I bid my goodbye to him and promised to call again.

I really remember..

Flashback
••••
We were in the car and a older friend of us who had a drivers license was supposed to drive us to school. But then another car drove into the wrong direction.We crashed and all I could hear were Jongin's screams.

"YOU CANT LEAVE ME JING SO PLEASE OPEN YOUR EYES!!"

But I couldn't open them. Is this how it feels to die? But where's the thing where my life flashes before my eyes?
No you can't die Jingfei! Jongin will be so sad and your mom and dad too.
But I couldn't move one finger, it felt like I was frozen.
The last thing I could hear before passing out were Jongin's sobs and the loud sirene...
I woke up in a hospital. Machines were beeping and everything hurt. I survived. But what happened?

"Jing are you awake?" I heard a soft voice say.

"Yeah I am but who are you and why are you holding my hand?"

"Jing stop joking, I'm your bofriend Jongin."

"I don't know you. I really don't."

Tears started to roll down his checks as he let go of my hand and left the room. My boyfriend? I didn't have one as far as I can remember.

The doctors rushed in and checked everything and then my parents came in. At first I didn't know them too but then I remembered their faces.
I was so happy to live even if I was in so much pain.
That Jongin guy never came to the hospital again and somehow it made me sad but I forgot about him as time went by.

End of flashback
••••
Kim Jongin really was my boyfriend.


[Unha I have something to do, I'll be back soon. -Jingfei]

I wrote that on a piece of paper and left the room. She went out shopping again.
I made my way down to the lobby and asked for Jongin's room number.

"Actually I'm not allowed to give it to you miss."

"Then call his room and ask if he's okay with it, my name is Wu Jingfei."

[Mr. Kim here's someone for you.. a Miss Wu Jingfei and she claims that she knows you. .... Okay of course Mr. Kim.]

"His room is on the 7th floor, room number 719." She said while smiling.

I made my way to his room and while standing in front of his door I got really nervous. I remembered that he always knocked 7 times on my door so I did that too. Maybe then he knows that I know again.

Knock

Gosh im so nervous

Knock

Does he still love me?

Knock

Do I still love him?

Knock

What will his reaction be when I tell him I know?

Knock

Should I apologise?

Knock

Will he be angry or happy?

Knock

Can we get back together?

He opened the door and pulled me into a hug wich I returned.

"You remember." He whispered in my ear.

I nodded and tears started forming in my eyes. He let go of me and closed the door behind us. His hug felt like something I knew and missed a lot. 

"How did you remember?" His eyes were showing that he was happy.

"I called my dad and he told me everything.. I'm so sorry Jongin."

"Ah I remember your dad, he loved me" Jongin showed me a sheepish grin.

"Yeah he really did, he always wanted you for me." I said blushing.

Now that I knew again some stuff slowly came back. But I still couldn't remember everything about our past.

"We were friends since kindergarden but you asked me out when we were 14, am I right? It really took you long." I laughed.

"Yeah, we were best friends I tought you could never like me back, also we were way too young for a relationship but it worked out well." He smiled.

"But I did.." I blushed.

"So what are we now..?" He asked shyly.

"Do you still love me?" I asked full of hope.

Even though I forgot about him I do love him again. I never had another boyfriend and he also was my first love. Now that I remember it seems like the accident was yesterday and I never forgot about him.

"I do Jingfei, I've never loved anyone else until this day."

My eyes widened and I couldn't belive what I was hearing. He loved me all this time. Even though he never talked to me again. He's a famous singer now, over the years he could have been with anyone he wanted but choose to wait for me.

"What about you, do you love me again or maybe.. Still?"

"I do love you again. And now that I remember I think I never stopped loving you."

"I knew you would." He said and smirked at me.

"Yah, stop being like that." I lightly hit his arm.

He started tickling me and then we fell on the bed together. He looked at me and came closer to my face.

"I'm happy that you know now, back then I was really hurt.."

"I know and I'm really sorry about that.." I paused for a moment, "back then I didn't have the power to deal with getting back my memory of you. But I knew there was something missing."

"I understand that. But I should have come back to the hospital so this wouldn't have taken so long..It's been 5 years you know."

"Yeah.. but u still love me and that's really something. We're really something."

He moved much closer and closed his eyes. Is he going to kiss me now?
I don't think I can kiss him now. But when I closed my eyes too he touched my nose with his and he just placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.