Chapter two: Just Coffee

Cant You Remember Me? [EXO:KAI]

It's been four months since I am living with Unha in Seoul and everything is great.
I found a job in a little café and I really like and enjoy working there. My boss is really nice and he's also paying me well altough it's just a small job and nothing big.
Since Unha is busy with her school work I'm always alone in the morning. I have to start working at ten and she's leaving at seven.
When I come home at two for break she's still in school so I'm only seeing her in the evening.
But we grew together and she became my best friend and I became hers too.
Today I have to work longer than normal but I agreed to it because it gets me some extra money. Who would have said no to that?

I worked really hard all day long and when I said goodbye to the last costumer someone walked in again shortly after that. Ah really now?! I wanna go home.
It was a guy who looked my age and to be honest he was really good looking. He stared at me like I have done something and kept standing in front of the door. His stare got more intensive, it seemed like he was examining my face.
He shook his head and took a seat, I made my way to him.

"What can I get you sir?"

He didn't even bother answering, he was just looking at me.

"Um Sir...?" I said again after another minute has passed without him answering me.

"Ah yes I'm sorry, could you bring me a cup of coffee?"

"Of course, I will bring it to you in a few."

He smiled at me and I smiled back. Wow. He really does look good.
I went to prepare his order and I could feel him watching me all the time.

"Here's your coffee Sir, have a nice evening."

"Thank you uh..." he read my name tag and said "..Wu Jingfei" with a light smile.

I can't get over his face and his voice. He's talking so soft, maybe to soft to be from this earth.
I walked away and watched him as I was cleaning the rest of the dishes.

'Stop looking you idiot' I told myself in my toughts.
And then he caught me looking at him. Of course I blushed and my checks and ears got really hot. I looked down and when I looked back at him he smirked. Is he doing this on purpose? Because if he is he should really stop now, it's driving me crazy.
The guy finished his Latte but he didn't leave. I finished my work and went to his table.

"Would you mind leaving now Sir because I think nobody else will come here at this time and I'm really tired. I don't want to send you away so please don't think I'm rude." I said smiling.

"Yes of course, I'm sorry. I don't want to stop you from getting your beauty sleep," he chuckled.

I chuckled a little as well and went to the room in the back and took of my work clothes and then changed into my own clothes.
When I came back he was already gone. Somehow it makes me feel sad because he was really good looking and interesting. I should have asked for his number or at least for his name but I was always too shy for things like that.

••••
The next week at work was so tiring. I agreed on working late the whole week wich was a big mistake. I didn't get enough sleep and hadn't had much time for myself. The whole week I hoped for that guy to come here again and on Saturday night when I was about to close the café he really came.

"You always meet twice" I silently said to myself.

"What did you say?" He asked and furrowed his brows.

"Um nothing.." I lied and quickly asked for his order.

He took a seat and again he only wanted a cup of coffee. After I placed it on the table I sat down in front of him.

"Shouldn't you be working right now? He chuckled showing me his perfect set of teeth.

"Yeah right, I forgot about how many costumers we have right now" I sarcastically said.

He looked at my shirt searching for my name tag but I had already taken it off. Still he remembered.

"Jingfei right?"

"Yes, Jingfei. What's your name?"

I didn't even bother speaking formally anymore. Gosh, Jingfei. What about your manners?

"It's Kim Jongin. I think your name is really beautiful." He emphasised his name a lot. He made it sound like Im supposed to know his name.
Jongin was still smiling and his smile gave me goosebumps. He can't be human, there's no way any human can look that good.

"T-thank you.." I silently said and felt my cheeks heat up.

After that we talked for a while and he never took his eyes off of me. What's wrong with this guy?

"I guess you want to go home already Jingfei, let's go."

"Yeah. It got pretty late huh?"

I switched all the lights off and then locked the door after we had left it. I looked at my watch and it was already 12. I was freezing because I didn't bring my jacket since it was warm all day. He saw me rubbing my arms to get warm. Without saying anything he took of his sweater and handed it to me. I thanked him and put it on. Since I'm very skinny it looked more like a short dress on me.

"I'll drive you home okay?"

"You don't have to."

"But I want to."

I heard those words before, I was sure I heard this more than once. But I can't remember why this conversation was so familiar.
Jongin drove me home because he didn't take no as an answer. He even walked me to the door. Now a complete stranger knows where I live, great.

"Thanks for the ride, I hope we'll meet again" I was blushing again.

"We will.." He said with a soft voice and pinched my cheek like you would do with little children.

Is this something like a promise? I sighed and then smiled at him.
He stared at me for a while and then I turned my back on him, I was searching for my keys. The moment I opened the door I could feel someone holding on to my arm. I turned around just to see him grabbing my arm. Of course something like this would happen.

"What's wrong?"

"Can't you remember me, Jingfei?"

"What?" I was totally confused by his words.

He sighed and looked at me with sad eyes. Remember him? How? I never met him before or anywhere else than at the café.

"You still don't remember.." His eyes got even sadder.

"What is there to remember? I don't know you."

"Never mind, sleep well Jingfei" he smiled and turned around to leave. Of course I couldn't just let it go.

"Jongin"

I shouted as he started walking to his car. He stopped and turned around again, he looked so full of hope.

"Please tell me what you meant" I begged.

"You'll find out soon enough, Jing."

And then he continued to walk to his car. He got in and drove away. What was that about?
And why did he call me Jing? Somehow that rings a bell but I can't recall the memory.
Who is he, who is Kim Jongin?