Chapter 3

The forgotten past of the sea - A saved tragic life

  Back then when her mother drowned her by the age of ten the sea itself spoke to her in the cold dark water as she slowly drown lower and lower away from the water surface. She can still remember the freezing cold throughout her bones and the taste of death on her lips. And every single saving word the sea told her. 

‚Oh dear child, dear child. You're too young to die. How shall I save you… what purpose shall you serve? Do you not want to be saved? So does an other person too. Give it light and return it from death into the living with your charming being. Make its soul yours. Connect yourselves lasting for your entire beings. Guide it into the light. Warm and teach it and get taught about life.‘

  So the Sea God told her that she will be connected with this person forever. The sea said ‚Connect yourselves lasting for your entire beings.‘ Even death can’t part us than probably, she thought. She knows that in some kind of way she won't be able to part form this person. But she was asking herself, how the connection might work.

 In every next life she will meet that person and stay by its side.  Y/n imagined that maybe their paths will cross in every next life or that they'll be only able to be a few meters apart. Hopefully the last one is not the case. So using this power of hers meant great responsibility, she thought as she entered her friends house.

Inside she was introduced to two Korean men, that looked greatly surprised. Jun Ji-hyun probably didn't told them, that her friend is a foreigner. So they were unaware.

After the two men shared a weard look with Jun Ji-hyun, she finilly added. „Oh yeah, you prbably don't know. The friend of mine I've mentioned before is a foreighner. She's from... eh wait which contry was it again?" She asked Y/n by the way. „Well I don't actually live in a particular coutry, but you can call it the polish areas of East Europe." Y/n said shyly surrounded by that many people.

„Deabak, so she can understand us?" The younge looking one asked. What was his name again? Right Shin Won-ho, Y/n remembered. „Well a little. I learned Korean a couple hours ago, while watching some KDramas on my mobile phone.“ Y/n admitted honestly. „That actually doesn’t surprise me at all. I got used to some supernatural things, after I met Jun Ji-hyun.“ The older looking one named Lee Hee-joon said. Y/n actually really smirked at this confession.

  After explaining them both that she isn't actually a normal mermaid but a Rusalka and the differences. A third male came into the house. Y/n almost instantly recognised him. Jun Ji-hyun showed her a lot of pictures of him by fish messaging, so she knew that it was her husband Lee Min Hoo.

  Ji-hyun looked with concern at Lee Min Hoo. Y/n could litarlly feel the sadness of his eyes in an instant. Jun Ji-hyun knew also how he felt without asking. Without any words she walked up to him and hugged him and petted him gently on the back. Y/n didn't really knew what to say nor what to do at this very moment, so she just stood there and watched the couple. But though the circumstances were really depressing and sad, she felt the deep love that connected the two of them. Their feelings for each other were beautiful and strong and real, that a person itself could be only happy for them.

  Y/n turned around to Lee Hee-joon and asked quietly. „What happened, why is he so sad?“ Lee Hee-joon started to lean himself against the wall and crossed his arms infront of his chest, still looking at the couple in front of the door. „Well you see, Lee Min Hoo’s brother Lee Ji Hoon committed suicide and, yeah after you know, that’s a long story.“ He paused his explanation and started to ask himself if he should tell her the whole story. „Ehm, to be honest I know about all what happened.“ „Oh that makes it all a little easier.“ He assumed with a fake smirk. „Lee Min Hoo had to visit the doctor at the hospitel and confirm, that that dead body indeed was his stepbrother and if he wished an audopsy.“ 

It surely had to be hard for him to handle, right?, she thought. Though his stepbrother was protection his evil mother from harm, while she killed his father and also tried to kill Lee Min Hoo himself, they are still brothers and knew each other for a long time. From what she saw, she could tell, that Lee Min Hoo does still really miss him. So he must haven't been such a bad person in the end.