Chapter 2

The forgotten past of the sea - A saved tragic life

  Omo, I’m sorry of scaring you like this.“ Jun Ji-hyun laughed friendly. They stopped hugging and looked at each other. „Hey are you okay?“ she asked without realising just jet that her friend had just a panic attack and got hurt during the run.

„Well, I think yes, but I’ve hurt my knee I little.“ Y/n said sadly and pointed at her right knee. „Oh no let us take care of this first before go anywhere.“ Jun Ji-hyun uttered. On the way to the exit they've stoped by a pharmacy and took care of the scratch so it didn't get infected. 

  After that done they went to the parking lot where Jun J-hyun's car stood. Since Noona statred to live on the land she sent every now and then a message by fish. Once the news bringing fish said, that Jun Ji-hyun made a car license and could ride one. It also showed y/n pictures from its mind, that Jun Ji-hyun had showed it. 

Y/n was so excited because she did never drive in one before. It was her first time. It seemed so interesting how her friend could so easily turn and drive such a big machine through the streets of Seoul. The big city was huger that she could ever imagine. Buildings that were taller than the oldest trees she has ever saw. The thousands of humans walking in the night on the bright streets. So many lights and colours she never saw in such amount.

After a long beautiful but exhausting ride they reached finally her home. Y/n opened the car door slowly and went out thanking the car for the opportunity to drive. Jun Ji-hyun gave her an amused look, thinking about how weird she herself was when she first saw how humans live and started to walk towards her home. How an actual house will like from the inside, Y/n thought. Where she came from was no such a things like houses nor earth to walk on. Her home was in the lakes and seas of East Europe. Also called Slavic countries.

Though she was a mermaid like her friend, she was different. In her country they've called her a Rusalka. 

  Rusalkas were mermaids but they didn't live as long as them and weren't born  like this in the beginning. A Rusalka is born when she dies at a young age in the water. Commonly murdered by a human. The water gives them then a reason to live on through becoming a different creature and serving a purpose. Every Rusalka is born with a special power to help a person in need. Y/n for example has the power to turn a dead person into a living one herself.

Y/n was once told, when she was young, that people in the old days admired Rusalkas and begged them for help and forgiveness. But through some evil ones living in the lakes of Russia their reputation was destroyed. Some of the evil mermaids wanted to take revenge on those who have killed them and other ones didn't want to help humans, because they wanted to live forever. People started to call Rusalkas evil and dangerous, just like this particular mermaid really were. So humans started to tell each other stories about Rusalkas that drawn and killed sailors. So they and later on generations got afraid of Rusalkas and tried to kill them off.

Though Y/n couldn't even hurt a bug, she had to leave her home because of the hunters that tried to kill her.

Y/n should have been dead 12 years by now, if the Sea God didn’t saved her. She badly wants to live on and pay one day the Sea God back, for it’s goodness by serving her own purpose.

Every Rusalka is born with a purpose to live on. And Y/n had to find her own. She was hoping that she didn't have to wait a hundred of years like some of her kind did. Only after a Rusalka found it and served, they get mortal and are able to die of an old age. 

Some Rusalkas have stronger or weaker powers. But in the end all of their gifts are in some kind of way or another connected to the purpose of being reborn.