Chapter 1

The forgotten past of the sea - A saved tragic life

  In the meantime. Y/n was wondering around the station for a long time now and had no idea what to do. There were just some weird looking signs with dots and lines. They suppose to tell her the direction in to where she was heading, but she couldn't read them. That’s why she was walking her feet off, searching for the exit of this huge underground station. Everything was just so loud and noisy. Unfriendly and busy people were walking constantly against her, not even sharing a look. She wanted to ask for help, but nobody seamed to have time for that. If I just could learn to read Korean earlier, she thought.

Without being able to get any information about a possible exit she seamed to be stuck her forever. She felt lonely. She just wanted to visit a friend of hers. 

But well, for now she had to go out of here somehow. But how the heck should she do this? While still thinking about a new plan a young Korean woman was looking and waved at her with one hand. Y/n was quickly looking behind herself to make sure that she was that person, that has been meant. But there was nobody else she could. Y/n’s whole body became stiff. Y/n eyes wider and she felt as it the temperature got hotter and cooler at the same time, as the woman started to walk towards her.  She didn’t recognised her from such a distance, but she was sure that the stranger was surely not good minded. Y/n got scared and panicked. A cold shiver went down her back. She felt like going crazy.

That unknown stranger could be a hunter a person who seeks her death. From where she comes from she's been almost killed several times. 

Y/n couldn’t help it. She quickly turned around. Her feet moved on their own. She started to run. 

  Y/n breath in and out short and flat. Her heart was taking a marathon and her vision was more blurry than usually. She felt hot or cold flashes went throughout her body. She was sweating and trembling uncontrollably as she ran.

 The woman, that started chasing her, screamed ununderstandable.  „Wait! Please I didn’t..“ Y/n though her voice was friendly sounding but she didn’t listen. The giant hallways, stairs and halls she’s been walking in all day long, seamed so small at this moment! That creature, human or what ever chasing her was surly evil! Y/n panicked. Her feet hurt as she ran randomly into many people and couldn’t apologize rudely. She didn’t knew what to say nor had the time to do so. 

  Y/n legs hurt and her lungs felt like they were on fire. It had not been long ago since she changed her fins into feet. And at this very moment she felt how unexperienced she was with them.

  Almost at the same moment such thought came up in her mind, she stumbled and fell. A wave of pain rushed trough her body. Her knees and hands hurt. She caught only a glimpse at them and noticed that her right knee was a little scratched and bleeding. She wanted to stand up and continue escaping, but she couldn't anymore. She had no control over her body.

The woman chasing her has almost reached her. Unable to escape Y/n rolled up her knees to her chest and hugged them with her arms, hiding her face in her arms. She made herself very small not knowing what to do at this very moment. She felt helpless and lost.

‚Hey it’s just me.’ Y/n heard the thoughts of an other mermaid and felt a warm touch on her shoulder. She looked surprised to see her only friend Jun Ji-hyun.

  Y/n signed in relieve and felt tears in her eyes, as she got up slowly on her legs and hugged her friend. Her legs felt as if they where about to collapse. But fortunately her friend held her tightly. „I didn’t recognise you.“ Y/n sobbed.    

„I thought you were a human hunter."