Scene #7

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEHIND THE SCENES

Updating this story again since someone asked me to write about it.

I’m sorry it’s so lame, but actually nothing much happened during this VLive, only at the end of it was exciting and then, suddenly, it was over.

As usual, English is not my native tongue, so sorry for all the mistakes you'll find here. Feel free to let me know if I have something wrong and help me improve!

Thank you very much to the lovely people who has subscribed lately. It’s very nice out of you to want to check this story that isn’t that interesting.

Also, a big hand to all the amazing people who have commented on this. You know I really, really, love you a lot!

Thank you!

#Scene 7

Best Ship Award

It has been a draining day, but the thought of seeing him, even if only a peek on the big screen, can lift his mood, a smile spreading all across his face and the tiredness blending with the wind that blows outside. Inside it’s so cold that he might freeze under the dim light that keeps the room illuminated, so he curls himself on the couch, trying to keep warm under bits of random clothes that Seunghoon has assured him that matched and that, with them, he looked like a true Idol – but he has the feeling that some fans will dis them soon –.

Obviously, Lee Seunghoon, as the representative of Winner on VLive, has to turn the application on and film them ridiculously waiting for their hyung to appear on the TV, precious and shining, wearing the most alluring suit. He wants to watch it at home, resting comfortably and wearing his soft pyjamas, warm and with Jhonny purring on his lap happily, but they ended the recording late, with no time to go back to the dorm, and both of them were so excited for Jinwoo, than YG’s office will have to do. And so they sit on leather couches that feel so common under their backs and wait until it's time for the Award Ceremony to start. 

Of course he is also very happy and excited for his other friend there, Pyo Jihoon, but he is mainly worried about Jinwoo; after all this is his first award on his own and his hands were shaking before departing to MBC with the rest of “Wizards of Nowhere” cast – mumbling sorries for the once that couldn’t be there with them and repeating the speech he has practised for a week after been nominated – and he is so proud of his achievement; his heart hasn’t stopped beating, singing his name inside his blood, his voice running throw his veins painted in blue.

Seunghoon turns the TV on and finds the right channel: shining and bright, all who are there gathered look their best, outfits outstanding and pretty girls with heels taller than Jinwoo, but none of them could ever overshadow his face. They contemplate in a relaxed bubble silence the first acceptance speech from the first award-winning and he is impressed by it, watching it in awe – would Jinwoo do it that well?

“We were on the Entertainment Awards,” says Seunghoon out of nowhere, and they both laugh at it as if it was really funny indeed - and he wish he could be there.

But it doesn’t take longer for Seunghoon to get bored of waiting and he starts playing with the phone, doing closing ups to his face and moving around, but Minho keeps intently staring into the TV so he won’t lose a bit of Jinwoo there - even if his eyes feel heavy and tired and he doesn’t know how to stay still waiting for Jinwoo to appear, he will see him whatever it takes. 

“Minho, you look really warm” exclaims one of their managers, sitting with them and joining the streaming they had started.

He is really exhausted, yawning openly on the couch, fighting against the sleep that bubbles in his eyes and mind and he will win because Jinwoo is all he can think about, but, overall, it’s boring and he wants to sleep tight, dreaming about him, his eyes shaning for him. 

“But you don’t get an award only because you attended, right?” asks to no one in particular Seunghoon, and he hopes and prays for it to be false, for Jinwoo to come back home holding one of these trophies, so he can be delighted hanging the picture on the wall and on his heart. 

“Did you all send in your text votes?” Seunghoon asks, surprised, to the fans watching their retransmitió, and he is even more excited when, out of nowhere, he speaks his name in a cheering tone that he can't feel inside, death and exhausted, but the images of him can bring all his energy back.

“Please,  close in on his face” he exclaims when, finally, they have the first glimpse of Jinwoo on the TV screen, and they both laugh but they both stare at the same time at the wonderful human that lays in front of their eyes.

“It’s only the part 1” complains Seunghoon, already jaded with the show that isn’t showing the only reason why they are there, eyeing it all with puffy faces full of sleepless nights.

“Jinwoo’s award is the rookie award. They are calling it the Jinu Award” Seunghoon reads out loud from the comments and that shocks him because, truly, their fans are so creative and funny. 

“Eh? Jinu-san?” he jokes and his friend smiles at his silliness, understanding the deep meaning that it has for him – how his heart throbs especially at the mere mention of his name.

“Jinwoo was a nominee for the Rookie Award. But he didn’t get it. Who got the Rookie Award?” he says and waits for someone to answer his question, and Minho pounders who has won instead of his hyung. “Who got it?” he repeats, interested, since he might know that person. “We don’t know yet? Who got it?” and then a comment must have replied him, since he focuses on the phone’s screen solely “Lee Si Eun! “I Live Alone”” and he turns around telling him so. 

“How was he even nominated?” Minho says, unsure, a little bothered since it wasn’t his Jinwoi the one winning it, the most deserved in his eyes and soul.

“He was just nominated because he was a rookie” Seunghoon explains to him, patiently, but he doesn’t look happy about it, too.

“Is this CH+?” he wonders after a while, not sure of who might be watching them, if he has to behave a little better, be more polite – he has been lying on the couch lazily, yawning showing all his white and perfect teeth. 

“Yeah, it’s CH+” Seunghoon reassures him,  as if giving him permission to keep doing nothing but staring into the screen, legs on the glass table and hands under his tights to keep them warm and safe. “They are saying that the nominees were all outstanding” and that’s why Jinwoo hadn’t win, he thinks, because he is too shy and too new, not adjusted yet to do variety, but good enough to be, at least, a candidate – and he is even prouder than before of Jinwoo’s achievements, of how far has he gone by himself.

“Is P.O not getting an award?” he asks suddenly, worried about his other friend who is also there, and he feels that his mind is partly divided, cheering for both but for Jinwoo a little bit more.

“But he was probably nominated, right?” he replies, not knowing who were nominee for that award rather than Jinwoo. “If tvN has an award ceremony, Mino would get the Rookie Award” he reads the comment directly to him and he smirks, happily, touched by the love the fans have for him.

“No way. No. Why would I?” he replies, modestly, shy about those words that someone has dedicated to him, acting cute to repay such a gentle act.

“Earlier the nominees… The nominees… Behind Seho!!” he cuts himself joyfully, screaming and pointing at the screen, spotting him finally.

It took them a long while to find him in between the crew, but sitting next to Han Chaeyoung noona, as if ashamed and hiding, there is Kim Jinwoo, who looks startled, a little out of place without s around, but smiling proudly at the public and to the other stars that he has surrounding him. But in his eyes nobody gleams harder than him, and Minho claps at him, at the reflexion that holds still on the screen.

“This is so cool! It’s like “Finding Wally”!” and Minho agrees, sincerely. “Oh, Jinwoo, Kim Jinwoo!” and he is there again, precious and adorable between so famous faces, but he is the finest, the most gorgeous and his heart skips a beat glancing at him, giggling like someone smitten, someone in love and, in the end, he won’t be able to deny it again, so he claps once more to mute the hammering that comes from his chest. “He’ll come out for the reaction” he adds, since one of his teammate has won an award, it’s fair to shoot at “Wizard of Nowhere” table, to have another gli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter