五 ❀ five

bouquet ↠ changki

FIVE

 

kkukkungie : your pink hair was such a weakness

kkukkungie : it was so pretty

kkukkungie : ;;

kkukkungie : it reminded me of cotton candy

kkukkungie : which is funny because it is sweet and addicting, like you

kkukkungie : wHO SPIKED MY SWEETS, IM A SAP

 

me :   you've been a sap this entire time ??

me :  dont really understand how spiked sweets could make it worse

me :  if anything, you just became more upfront

me :  and i regretted my pink hair, that why i changed it

 

kkukkungie : aRE YOU KIDDING ME

kkukkungie : I DON'T USUALLY LIKE PINK BUT DAYUM

kkukkungie : i choked when i saw you the first time

kkukkungie : because your lips looked so inviting with your hair being the same colour

kkukkungie : you are such an addiction

 

me :  why are you so sweet to me?

me :  what have i done to deserve this?

me : i dont know you , but you are kind

me :  and thoughtful

me :  and loving 

kkukkungie : because you deserve to be treated like the angel you are

kkukkungie : to be cherished

kkukkungie : to be with someone who will appreciate you the way i do

kkukkungie : because you are my angel

 

me :  im no angel

kkukkungie :  to me you are

kkukkungie : and no matter what you do, you always will be

kkukkungie : my precious angel

me :  whose an inch taller than you

kkukkungie : i wAS TRYING TO BE SWEET BUT NO

kkukkungie : aTTACKED AGAIN

 

me :  hehe

 

 ❀ 

 kihyun actually laughs off the screen too, tilting his head back slightly and his dimples appearing just below his cheekbones as his eyes form crescent lines. at first his friends, minus jooheon, are confused until they piece it together and realise that it's the secret admirer again. minhyuk had been unable to keep his mouth shut on what had happened in class yesterday and blabbed about it excitedly to the rest of the group two hours later, when they all had lunch together. that talk alone had caused seriously blushing, admiring over his flower and reading the letter. the only thing the brunette had been grateful about was the passcode on his phone which no one knew, especially not after he changed it when kkukkung had started to message him. 

"talk to us ki, what did he say?" minhyuk questions, leaning forward from hyunwoo's chest to hear the older males answer, his pale thin fingers still tangled with his boyfriends tanner wider fingers. kihyun blushed a light pink, staining his cheeks and the tops of his ears as he mumbled out a response so low that no one could hear him. 

"he called me sweet, and an addiction... and his precious angel" he says for the second time when urged to speak louder, his light pink deepening to the colour of red wine as his friends coo and pinch at his cheeks playfully, except for hyungwon who is straddling hoseok and with his face buried in the other's neck was sound asleep. hoseok just rubs his boyfriend's back as he moves around a little, sending a bright smile kihyun's way instead which the younger male is grateful for. 

everything calms down for a few minutes, the four awake males onto the topic of what class was next for them when jooheon finally arrives to their spot, and he's not alone by the familiar black-haired male standing merely a few feet away. 

kihyun chokes.

he doesn't mean to, he swears he doesn't. it was just a shock to have the other male be so close, without a lense between them. minhyuk looks concerned and pats his back, in an effort to dislodge the invisible food and the brunette can only smile weakly at his efforts. taking a sip of water, he relaxes and breathes out heavily. "you know better than to scare me jooheon" he says in mock annoyance, and the youngest just laughs, knowing well enough that the only scary movie that actually scared him was it, and that's because his older siblings decided it would be a great idea for seven-year old kihyun to watch.

"hush up jooheon, you know i adore scary movies. they are all so similar, its predictable" he continues after jooheon has finished laughing, and nods his head in agreement before sitting down on kihyun's right. the dark haired boy just stays standing and kihyun can almost feel him looking but he knows that it's just his mind playing around with him again. 

"changkyun, sit down. kihyun won't bite, he's too busy lusting after some secret admirer anyway" minhyuk chirps and he facepalms, wanting the ground to swallow him whole when the younger male tentatively sits next to him, although far enough away that the only thing that could touch was their hands. his heart pounds furiously and he can hear the blood in his ears, and yet his heart is a little torn.

what about kkukkung? 

"i'm not lusting, he's just so sweet and like a perfect gentlemen. and he actually has humour, unlike you guys" kihyun quips back and the toner-dyed purple minhyuk screeches in outrage, throwing himself at the brunette who wasn't expecting it, falling back onto the grass and rolling around. "you take that back! i am funny and you know it" he yells playfully, hitting kihyun who tries his best to suppress his giggles but when he looks up to see the faces that minhyuk is pulling, he looses it. 

the purple haired male is furrowing his eyebrows, puffing his cheeks and sticking out his tongue. he looks absolutely ridiculous and kihyun glances at hyunwoo for assistance. "are you gonna help me or not? what did you feed him with... sugar?" the eldest of the group just shakes his head, not bothering to help and kihyun groans, resting his head back on the grass momentarily before continuing to play fight. 

"he found my stash of chocolate and had toast with his nutella this morning" hyunwoo just sighs when minhyuk is finally done playing, collapsing next to the taller male heavily and resting his head in his lap, the older boy's fingers playing with the indigo strands and massaging the younger's scalp casually.

"this is the reason why we hid our chocolate, and not buy nutella" kihyun scolded even though hyunwoo was older, acting like the mom of the flat which he had been dubbed since moving in, since he was the perfect housewife (minus the fact that he was a boy). minhyuk just grins like a cheshire cat "i was the one who bought the nutella, and have you seen where he hides his chocolate? its right next to his co—" he babbles out before his mouth gets covered by a red-faced hyunwoo who looks like he wants to join kihyun in being swallowed up by the earth. 

"too much chocolate" he mutters embarassed and doesn't move his hand from the others mouth, continuing to play with his boyfriend's hair with the remaining hand in hopes of calming him down from his sugar high. 

too caught up in the craziness, kihyun and jooheon miss how a stranger dressed completely in black walks up behind them and places a flower and fifth letter in the space between them. the younger of the two only noticed when his hand moves and instead of meeting soft grass, he mets the hardness of an envelope with soft petals brushing at his fingertips. 

"kihyun..." jooheon starts and the brunette turns his way and immediately notices the flower and letter by his hand. it's petals are thin and long, coloured white around its yellow centre and then slowly changing to a pretty purple towards the outermost petals. the scent is sweet by not overpowering and he holds it gentle in his hand, thumbing at the leaves on the stem as he opens the envelope with his other hand successfully. 

too focused on the words written on the page in flowing black ink, he misses how jooheon's friend watches his face, looking at him like he was precious china. like he was an ethereal, like he was an angel. 

hey love, 

did you know that i have liked you for more than two years?

it's stemmed all the way from highschool and into college, and i went from admiring from afar to being the friend of a friend. i am like the aster which you are probably holding in your soft hands, i also symbolise patience : my patience to wait for you. i won't stop loving you, or believing in you because you are the one for me. my only one. how long will it take to realise that i am the one for you?

 

always yours,

xx