三 ❀ three

bouquet ↠ changki

THREE

me : so you're a boy?

xx :  is my gender a problem?

me : no no no no
me how about we just get one thing straight about me okay?
me : i'm not, like at all
me : and i'm guessing that you are either the same or half

xx : i'm bi, but don't worry love
xx : youre the only one who caught my eye

me :  i-i just choked
me :  am i ever going to catch a break or
me :  am i dealing with some teddy-bear thats 100% the little spoon

xx :  little spoon lol
xx baby, i'm not the little spoon
xx you are

me : lies
me : i bet you are smaller than me
me : can you even stare into my eyes

xx :  i came to talk and i'm getting attacked?
xx legit less than a centimetre shorter
xx besides i have stared into your eyes, nice dimples love

me : you
me : i almost had a heart-attack when i read that
me : mr.park honestly thought i was gonna faint

xx :  boy, youre talking about me being the little spoon
xx : and you almost faint over a little letter
xx : you are the little spoon for sure

me : fight me

xx : okay baby
xx : my couch good enough for you?

kihyun pitifully groaned into the desk, feeling his face heat up into the familiar shade of pink that always happened after any of his conversations with the unknown strang— male. his cheeks hadn't been pink yesterday though, instead a warm red after he had finished the letter and sniffed at the beautiful tulip. the yellow and red flower smelt little like grass and reminded him strangely of apples. but as much as he had wanted to keep his vase out on the kitchen countertop, gathering flowers by day, he had to move the blown glass vase holding his two delicate flowers into his room. because even though his friends would love the fact that he was being wooed by someone, they would also endlessly since he was always the first to gag at the cheesiness. with that thought in mind he instinctively looked towards the left, where the vase holding his two precious flowers sat.

in the brilliant rays of the mid-morning sun, rainbow hues bounded off the warped glass leaving his room looking like the inside of a kaleidoscope. his flowers were both still beautiful, kihyun constantly changing the water and adding sugar. jihoon who was luckily a good friend and studying botanist, was eager to help preserve the flowers although he still had his questions on where they came from.

letting his head fall to the desk for the second time, he breathed in the scent of new paper and ink that clung to the sheets of his notebook currently pressed against his cheek, the spine creating it's indents and his glasses pressed awkwardly into the page. before he had succumed to the desire of texting the other, kihyun had been studying to use the best of his half day before his only class started at two. now, he had papers and textbooks strewn everywhere, unneeded papers scrunched into a ball and lamely thrown at the trash bin.

"i need a break" the brunette mutters to himself, grabbing his favourite camera and leaving his flat. taking photos had always been his best way to relieve stress and he could easily hit two birds with one stone, completing his portfolio at the same time since it still wasn't done yet.

his feet carried him to the courtyard, to where the white and pink sakura trees were blossoming so prettily. their flowers floated gently down with the slightest of winds and it always left kihyun completely entranced. the other reason on why he was so entranced was the figure currently sitting under the tree, who for once wasn't sitting completely alone.

four males surrounded the other brunette, laughing quietly to themselves as they talked. he recognised them as second years, like jooheon and the brunette. releasing a breath, kihyun steadied his heart and raised his camera. he always felt safer with a lens separating him from what was in front, it helped to calm him more than anything. fingers gently brushing the sides like a lover, the camera focused on the branch hanging the lowest close to him and kihyun took photos when the blossoms left their tree to float down towards him.

taking a couple shots, he sat down on a nearby bench, one hand on his camera whilst the other ran a hand through his hair. it fluffed up the brown mess that he'd forgot to brush, locks hanging partially in eyes and reminding him to get a haircut soon. gently pressing on his camera's buttons, he flicked through the shots and noted on how he had managed to only blur one of them but that was due to the blossom growing too close, the camera in the middle of re-focusing when he took the shot. other than that, they all looked completely mystical with the white and pink flowers different distances away from the camera, the calm blue sky with puffy white colours being the background.

he took a deep breath, feeling the weight on his chest from studying release it's hold. for once he hadn't taken photos of the other male (but only because he had friends around) and it still felt as good to take picture of nature, to just let go of his stress and focus on what was more important. which would always be his photography.

kihyun's train of thought was halted abruptly when an unfamiliar figure passed him, placing down two entwining flowers of the same kind and a very familiar looking letter. too much in shock, he could only watch as the boy walked away briskly, his black shirt and pants doing nothing of his figure. the brunette blinked hard, not believing any of it had just happened but the delicate flower stems between the pads of his fingers told him otherwise.

they were primroses ; his mother's favourite. both with centres of a golden yellow, one having a deep purple petals whilst the other a bright fuchsia. their stems were curled around each other, reminding him of lovers with entangled limbs and desperate not to leave each other's embrace. it seemed fitting when the meaning of such delicate flowers was i can't live without you.

placing the twin flowers in his lap, kihyun missed the group sitting under his favourite blossoming tree's voices pick up in volume, teasing the other brunette that had gone pink in the face. as gently as he had held the stems, he opened the envelope and pulled out the folded letter inside.

just like the rest, it was slightly yellowed paper marked with the signs of a calligraphy pen. the black swirling ink was long dried and in it's beauty, reminded the photographer of the blossoms from earlier but also the beautiful heart that his unknown sender must have, constantly brightening his day with such words and flowers.

hey love,

it's true baby, like the flower states, i can't live without you. i have tried once, in my first year of university while you dated that boy, because my heart would pang so painfully in my chest every time i saw you two together. it was a month and a half away, and i was silly to think that the effect you had on me would simply go away. he had broken your heart when i had returned, cheating behind your back, and i cried when i saw the tears that would slip down your cheeks when you saw him. if only i mustered up the courage early enough, i could have been the one taking you on dates and kissing those pretty lips of yours red. know this for now and forever, i would never let someone as precious as you slip out of my hands.

yours sincerely,
xx