四 ❀ four

bouquet ↠ changki

FOUR

unknown : i can see you beautiful
unknown : your hair looks fluffier than yesterday
unknown : did you get it cut

me : i'm in class
me : how can you possibly see me?
me : are you in my class??
me : and yeah i got it cut this morning
me : you noticed?

unknown : i guess you won't know until you figure out my identity sweetheart
unknown : i could be 
unknown : or i could have just walked past the door and seen you
unknown : and of course i noticed
unknown : i notice everything about you

me : why can't you just tell me?
me :  by the time i know who you are, you won't like me anymore 
me : i'm horrible at being investigative 
me : can you give me a hint
me :  i dont know, maybe your name?

unknown : youre as smooth as sandpaper
unknown : however a name i can do, you never said it had to be my actual

me : wait—

unknown : kkukkung 
unknown : and daniel

me : kkukkung? puppy?

unknown : yeah, apparentally i look like a puppy 
unknown : my friends have a strange sense of humor

me : and daniel? that's a western name

unknown : i lived in the states for a couple years so i had to adapt
unknown : but that isn't the important thing, baby 
unknown : i would get off your phone

me : okay my kkukkungie

unknown : i would say i regret telling you that
unknown : but now it just makes me want you to say it to me
unknown : not over text
unknown : until later, love

  

kihyun swallowed hard, still not accustomed to the pet names he was endlessly being peppered with and it took time for him to get his unwilling body to comply, pushing down the blush that wanted to creep up his neck. playing with a cheeky lock of hair that pulled free from his styled-up hair, he stretched out the brunette strands until his fingertips were gently pressed into his eyebrows, the fresh-cut tips barely grazing the skin of his eyelid. releasing, his eyes followed after it as it bounced back up and returning to it's original position before being stretched out.

he had to go to the salon this morning, realising yesterday that it was getting too long and also that his black roots were returning, ending up making the brunette re-dye. kihyun wasn't alone however, minhyuk coming along so that he could get toners. the blonde was getting tired of his hair colour and wanted to dye it red instead, but hyunwoo said no and they agreed on buying the toners. it led to a grumpy blonde who quickly became cheeky, filling his arms up with assortment of toners and any other hair products that could change his hair colour but not dye it. when kihyun quirked an eyebrow, minhyuk smirked "he said i couldn't dye it, so i won't. i'll just turn my hair all colours of the rainbow" and leaving the younger male questioning how the pair ended up together, with minhyuk being overly-eccentric and bubbly while hyunwoo was more calm and collected.

shaking his head to recollect his thoughts, he focused his eyes on the currently lilac-haired male next to him who was listening to the professor unlike him. he put his phone away and grabbed out his notebook instead, jotting down notes easily as the teacher spoke and doodling little pictures in the edges of his pages when he wasn't.

so many questions plagued his mind now, and they were the types of questions that weren't able to be answered by anyone but kihyun so it was frustrating. he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that secret admirer refused to de-mask himself, even when he was a boy and he knew kihyun was gay. it was a little hurtful for the brunette, to be seem as someone who must look like he values looks over personality to others. making a mental note to change whatever habits encouraged those thoughts, his eyes flickered down to the seemingly random babble on his page in black ink that wasn't as random as the short male thought.

kkukkung
daniel
lived in the states
a centimetre shorter
bi
a boy
sarcastic but sweet
observant

kihyun had started to write a list without even thinking of it, and he had to congratulate his subconscious mind, he wouldn't have thought up to actually make a list of the small hints that xx was giving away gradually. the male felt minhyuk lean over his shoulder, glancing at the quick scribbles lining the edges of the pages with furrowed eyebrows since he didn't understand the clues like the brunette did.

with a hopefully believable excuse on the tip of his tongue, the shorter male's class was interrupted but brief quick knocks on the door. their professor, mrs.kang, moved slowly to answer the door since she was quite frustrated to be interrupted during the middle of a lecture.

everyone's eyes along with kihyun's stared at the exchange at the door, the two people briefly speaking for a moment before the door was closed and the professor turned back to her class with the two objects that the brunette knew were for him. a fourth letter and flower. the flowers were in a small bunch of the same kind this time, their thin stems being too weak to hold the large number of white blossoms growing off them.

"kihyun, come collect these" mrs. kang spoke, confirming what the short male already knew to be the truth. getting out of his seat, he quickly hurried down the stairs to collect the gifts, bowing to the professor in thanks whilst the gasps of the rest of the class became nothing but white noise.

with the questioning eyes of minhyuk on the side of his head as he sat back in his seat, he opened the letter beneath his desk to shield from his classmate's prying eyes and promptly blushed at the sweet words once again marking the page in dried ink.

hey love,

my life was definitely boring before i met you, lacking all colour and light until you arrived. you had accidentally walked into my very first class last year, rubbing your eyes and yawning since you had clearly slept in. i remember clearly how your eyes had widened when you realised, your eyes connecting with mine for a split second before you had bowed to the class and sprinted out. and i remember how i wasn't able to focus at all, distracted by the beautiful angel that had just entered and left my class so quickly. you have a beautiful heart kihyun-ah and it radiates through your features.

through your fingers that manage to hold a camera like it is the most precious thing in the world, but also firm. through the curve of your brows that are the first to quirk up before the corners of your mouth. through the dip in your lips that deepens when you give a simple smile, a dip that i hope i can one day trace with my own fingers. through the freckles on your forehead and cheeks that add the extra touch of beauty to an already beautiful canvas, i pray that i can count them one day by pressing my lips to each one. i really am entranced by you, kihyun-ah.

yours sincerely,
xx