Roses in her Hair

Red Heels

 

She woke a few hours later, her tummy grumbled so she went to look in the fridge. She saw the sides he had bought to go with breakfast and the drinks he’d brought back upstairs. She grabbed all of it and took it downstairs and sat at one of the tables while she ate. It would still be awhile til dinner and she wanted to run up and shower and change and go look around her new neighborhood. She finished eating quickly and threw the trash away and headed upstairs. She took a shower and got out to do her hair. She decided she would leave it completely down and just put a little anti-frizz serum in to control her curls. She washed her face carefully and put on a little makeup before she went to pick out clothes. She found a light summer dress that had straps that criss-crossed the back and she slipped a loosely woven yellow cardigan over it and put the orange brooch Minwoo had given her on one side.

The street outside had started to get busy ad she had to navigate groups of people as she made her way down the sidewalk. She noticed a flea market and decided to stop and look around for a while. She found a couple of vintage t shirts and a cute purse and left after she paid for them. She saw a shop called ArtBox. She had never heard of it before so she walked inside and her jaw dropped……it was like a cute explosion. She walked around and picked out a bunch of really cute stationary and even picked out couple mugs for her and Minwoo. His was blue with white polka dots and hers was pink with white polka dots. She giggled because it was right out of a Korean drama. She paid for the items an headed back to the shop to take measurements for the shelving, the sooner she got it all done, the sooner she could open. She found a company that would deliver the wooden planks she needed and got online to order the lighting she needed and some carts like she had told Minwoo she wanted. She went up and looked around her apartment, still in shock that she was really here and that this would be her life for the next six months…. possibly longer if she ended up settling in well. Minwoo would be a factor also, if things went well with him she would have to decide what her path would be. She sat on the couch and tried to read but she couldn’t concentrate. She went to her laptop and started some music and danced around the room wildly and sang at the top of her lungs.

 

YOU’RE MY LU LU LU LU LOVE VENUS!! She at it but it made her feel more settled, she used to do this back at home in Cali when she was bored. She went and made her bed and got her laundry together to take tomorrow. She was still bored as . She decided she would bake cookies for dessert but that required a quick trip to the store. She grabbed her purse and headed to the little store near her apartment and got all the things she needed for chocolate chip cookies and a some other groceries to hold her over a few days. Once she got back home she tied an apron on and got started on the cookies. Luckily the process made the afternoon go fast and before long her phone went off and she checked it; Minwoo had just stopped by to grab the resin stuff from his house and after a stop to get dinner he would see her very soon. She washed up the dishes, piled the cookies on a plate and sat down to read again while she waited for him to show up.

 

He walked up the stairs, a bag of food in one hand an his black leather backpack slung over his should with all the resin stuff from his house in it. He was eager to see her so he took the stairs two at at time. As he reaches the door he can smell something sweet and chocolately. He knocked on the door twice and waited for her to open it.

When she heard the knocks on the door she folded the corner of the page she was on and closed the book. As she stood to go to the door, she set it on the table. When he reached the door and opened it she smiled at him.

“Hi Minbong.” She leaned in to kiss him gently and his arms went around her waist and pulled her close, his tongue trace along her lips once before he released her.

“I missed you”, his voice was husky as he looked at her. His kiss was what she needed, she needed to know he missed her as much as she had missed him all day. Her took his arm and pulled him into the apartment and shut the door behind him. He sniffed the air and went straight to the counter and found the cookies.

“So do I get any of these cookies or are you going to be mean again?” He chuckled and set the food on the table. She rolled her eyes at him.

“If you area good boy and eat all your dinner you can have cookies and milk for dessert.” She goes to the fridge to grab a couple of beers and took them back to the table to open them. He got the food out of the bag and opened the little boxes inside. He had picked up her favorite kinds of sushi. She smiled at him and pushed a beer to him. He scooted his chair closer to hers and pushed one of the boxes to her.

 

“It’s eel….your favorite.” He watched as she picked a piece up and popped it into and chewed it happily. She finished and picked up her beer and took a sip.

“So how was your day?” She stole a piece of sushi from one of the other boxes and dipped it into soy sauce. He told her about the talk they’d had about the upcoming concert and the one in Japan after that. She ate steadily while he talked and finished her beer. He asked her about her day and she told him everything she accomplished. When they were both finished they cleaned up together and he went to sit on the couch while she filled their mugs with milk and grabbed the cookies and went to sit beside him.

 

She handed him his mug and took a sip from her own and waited for him to notice. When he did he chuckled happily.

“Couple mugs? You got us couple mugs?” He put his beside hers and leaned in to kiss her cheek. “Thanks babe, it’s really sweet.” She reached out and grabbed a cookie ad handed it to him. He took it and dipped it onto his milk and held it out so she could have the first bite. As she took a bite a drop of milk rolled down her lip and clung to the edge. He set his mug down carefully and cupped her cheek and kissed the drop away. She giggled and pushed him back gently.

“You know they make these things called napkins, right?” He nodded.

“Of course, but it would be a waste of milk.” He leaned back and finished the cookie and watched as she flushed just a little. She hadn’t seemed overwhelmed by his kiss and that made him happy. He could be impulsive at times.

“So let’s see those pieces.” She grabbed his backpack and ped it and pulled the molds. She spread them on the table in front of her.

“So you want to unmold the rose first?” She passed the mold to him. He picked it up and started to peel the silicone away from the rose. As soon as the light hit it, it sparkled and he smiled.

“It turned really good, didn’t it”, he asked proudly. She took it and held it up to the light and looked at it.

“It’s really good. So what do you want to do with it now?” he smiled shyly.

“I want to make it into a hair clip for you.” He took her hand and held the rose in it up to her hair. He liked the way it sparkled in her curls. His gaze made her heart skip a beat and she smiled softly.

“I think I can make that happen. Let’s get the rest out and I can show you how to do it right.”

They quickly popped the rest of the pieces out of the molds. Some turned out perfect and some had flaws. She explained that just the nature of resin, it didn’t always work out. Lastly she pulled the coaster she had made out if the silicone mold. The colors had swirled even more as the resin had cured and the glitter had suspended itself in layers and gave it more depth.

She handed it to him and he held it up to the light,”This is way too pretty to put cups on. I’ll find a shelf for it.” He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek,” Thanks baby…..I love it.”

They sat together on the couch as he watched her attach different findings to the resin pieces. When they were done he got his things together and she kissed him before he left. When she was alone she sat down on the couch and picked up the rose he had made. She clipped it into her hair and stretched out on the couch and rested her face against the cushion he’s leaned against. It smelled like him and it comforted her and soon she was fast asleep.

 

(I'm working hard to get all my stories caught up...ended up writing a totally unplanned RicMin......Hope you take a moment to check it out.