A place of her own

Red Heels

He sat by the bed and watched her sleep. He’d come home and taken a shower and gotten dressed and she still hadn’t woken up. He reached out and ran his finger down her cheek to her lips and traced them carefully. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him, a soft smile on her lips.

“Hey there.” He smiled at her and pressed his lips to hers gently. “Did you sleep well?”

She sat up and stretched her arms over her head and moved from side to side.

“Yes I feel so much better.”Her eyes see the clock by the bed and widen.

“You let me sleep for 6 hours? I really slept for 6 hours?”, swung her feet out of bed and put her arms around him. “Thank you Minwoo.”

He hugged her back and kissed her cheek. “I’ve been home for a few hours. You looked so tired, I wanted to let you sleep. You look so cute when your asleep.”

“You’re a big old ert, Lee Minwoo, watching an innocent woman sleeping,” she chuckled and released him and so she could stand. “I think I’m just gonna wear this to unpack. I hope you don’t mind.”

He shrugs, “Could care less….just glad you’re here. Let me get you some socks.” He pulled a pair out of her carry on and handed them to her. She sat on the floor and slipped them on and stood back up. “So whats for dinner? I’m beyond starving.” They walk into the living room and slip on their shoes and she went over to check their work from earlier.

“We can wait and order in when we get there. I’ll get you whatever you want, babe.” He grabbed his hoodie and slipped it on her and pulled the hood up. “There, now you look super cute.” She shook her head and grabbed her purse and they head out to his car and head for Hongdae.

 

They pull up outside an empty storefront between a cafe and a vintage clothing store.

“Well, this is it.” She smiled proudly as she looked out the window. It was her first time seeing it in person and she can’t wait to get inside. He parked the car and got out and goes around to let her out. She bounced in the seat while she waited the few seconds it took. When the door opened she went right for the door and unlocked it. “There’s a door inside the shop but the main door to the apartment is in the back. So now I can show you the space first.”She opened the door and flicked the light switches beside it. The room lights up and they can see the whole room. It isn’t a huge space but there is enough room for a couple of work tables and a few couches and chairs and the floor is made of scuffed hardwood.

“I’m going to get someone in here to help me put an epoxy coat down to make the floors nicer. And I’m gonna put some shelves on this wall.” She ran to all wall that was made of exposed brick. “Some can be for storage and some to display my pieces for sale.” He walked towards her, only for her to run off to another part of the room. “And here I’m going to put all my framed Shinhwa posters.” She giggled and turned to look at him. “And I’m gonna play Shinhwa non-stop while I’m working.” He went to her and hugged her.

“You look so happy in here. I think it’s the perfect space for you. Why don’t you show me the upstairs?” She led him to a door and they walk up a couple flights of stairs to a door. It’s painted bright red and had restaurant fliers stuck to it.

“Well, we can pick something easier this way.” He pulled them off as she unlocked the door and opened it. Minwoo flicked the lights on and she stared around the room in shock. Everything had been unpacked and put away. The new couch she had ordered sat against the wall and the rest of the furniture had been unpacked and assembled. She turned to him and he grinned.

“Surprise!” The other members and Kaye walked out of her bedroom. Eric wasn't there, he was home with his wife, he had come to help unpack earlier in the week though.

She looked at Kaye, “You weren’t supposed to tell him.” Kaye shrugged. “I had to, the little was driving me nuts, asking if you were coming or not.” Maggie walked over to her and gave her a hug.

“You guys…..I can’t believe you did all this.” She turned to Minwoo. “Is this what you really did today?” He chuckled, “Of course it is. The only surprise I got was that you came to see me first.”

“I don’t know if I should hug you or smack you.”

Jinnie piped up first, “Hug me and smack him.”

Wannie said, “I agree, smack em both and then come hug me.” He winked at her and she blushed.

Hyesung just laughed at all of them and Andy went to go look in the fridge. “Hey they promised us food if we helped get all this ready. The fridge is totally empty.” He went to look in the cabinets.”Hey there isn’t any food at all in here.” He went and sat on the couch and pouted.

Maggie went over to him. “If you can get all these pabos outta here, I’ll give you money for food. You can take everyone out to eat.” He nodded eagerly and she pulled her wallet out and gave him some money. Luckily she had exchanged currency when she hit the airport or all she would have is American money. She looked at what she gave him and added some more. “That should be enough…..now go. I’m gonna beat the crap outta my evil, amazing, wonderful boyfriend.” They went back to the others and after she gave everyone a hug they left and Maggie and Minwoo were left alone. She went over to him and put her arms arms around his waist and smiled up at him.

“You really are wonderful”, she kisses his cheek and he smiled at her.

“Hey I can’t help it, it’s just who I am.” He pulled her close and hugged her tight. “I am really really really glad you came.” They stood like this for awhile then went to sit on the couch and look at all the fliers.

“I say we get a pizza, some fries from McDonald’s and jajangmyeom.” She set them down and looked at him. He nodded, “What my lady wants, my lady gets.” He pulled his phone out and started to order food while sh went and changed clothes again. She found her favorite sweats and a shirt with a pissed off kitty on it. She went back out and sat on the couch and they watched tv while they waited for their food to show up.

 

(so I just realized that the other members hadn’t made an appearance yet so I had to add them in. I love my versions of them so much I hope they are really like that in real life. update.....had to go through and change tenses and a few little things. sorry i messed it up the first time lol