The Big Day part 2

Red Heels

Maggie sat at her work station with a crowd of people around her. She showed them how to properly mix resin, add pigments and glitters and pour it in to silicone molds. People stood at the shelves and she could hear how excited about the pieces she had there. She had even sold some pieces and even taken customs orders. There had been lots of foot traffic between all three of the stores and business was good. It probably helped that Minwoo and the others had agreed to do a couple of songs later in the day. Minwoo stood in the corner and talked to some of the fans, he glanced at Maggie occasionally with a proud smile. No one there knew they were a couple and they planned to keep it that way for awhile.

 

“Hey I’d like to speak to the manager”, a voice boomed through the space and everyone turned to look. Celeste and Kaye had come in through the door and Maggie had a bottle of champagne and a Kaye carried a huge bouquet of orange roses, along with Dongwan’s megaphone. Maggie excused herself and went to greet them.

“You guys didn’t need to bring anything”, she squealed as she hugged them both tightly. Lined up along one wall was a a bunch of flowers and signs congratulating her and wishing her lots of success, and upstairs were all the gifts she had gotten from the guys. She took the champagne and the flowers and set them aside. The guys noticed the other women and made their way over slowly, everyone except Eric; he stayed out of the way and sipped a cup of coffee. Things were still tense between him and Kaye. Jinnie, on the other hand followed Kaye around like a puppy and made sure she had a drink and some snacks. Hyesung had pulled Celeste over to the shelves and started to show her all the pieces that were there. Andy headed straight for the snack table and managed to grab the last ham and cheese sandwich. He went to lean against wall by the flowers and signs and tried to hide behind them so he could eat in peace. Dongwan followed Kaye closely, he had wondered where his megaphone had disappeared to. He managed to take it out of her and and when she noticed she chased him, they ran between groups of people and even up the stairs to Maggie’s apartment. Everyone that saw them started to laugh, even Eric chuckled at their antics. They finally stopped and as Maggie went to sit down and continue her demonstration Minwoo approached her and she felt his hand in her hair. She reached up and found that he had slipped the rose hairpin into her curls. She smiled and glanced at him and he winked at her.

 

The rest of the grand opening event went well and by the time Shinhwa got ready to perform they had refilled the food and drinks several times and her shelves were a little emptier than they had been when she unlocked the doors. Maggie had finished all her demonstrations and stood among the crowd that eagerly waited for their performance. As the music started the crowd quieted down.

The guys performed Shooting Star, Never Give Up and Minwoo did his solo song Girlfriend. Maggie grinned like an idiot through the whole song, even if he couldn’t tell the whole world yet, he wanted her to know that she was in girl in front of the shop full of people. They all took a bow, signed autographs and then the grand opening was over.

 

Everyone but Eric stayed to help clean up and soon Maggie and Minwoo sat in the quiet shop. She had taken off the heels that she had worn all day; he feet had started to hurt halfway through the day but she had been determined to keep them. They were in the middle of the floor and he sat behind her and rubbed her neck and shoulders. She had the cash till in front of her and counted the money she’d made that day; it was quite a bit more than she expected. He looked over her shoulder and smiled.

 

“I knew you would do well today”, he kissed her neck gently and pushed her forward gently and started to work on her spine. She closed her eyes and stopped counting. He continued until he heard the soft, deep breaths that told him she was asleep. He picked her up gently and carried her up to her apartment and stepped around the bags of gifts to take her to her bedroom. He laid her down, slipped her skirt off and covered her up. She had worked so hard all day and was exhausted. He kissed her on the cheek and pulled the blankets up to her neck and left the room to head downstairs to grab her shoes, the money and anything else she had left down there. When he got back up to her apartment he went to her room, she had rolled to her side and her arm was stretched out like she had searched for him in the brief time he had left her alone. He stripped down and slid in beside her and draped her arm over his chest and soon he fell asleep too. Tomorrow was a new day and he knew she would face it with a smile and do her best to make it as great as today was.