Epilogue: Let's last forever

Code Reds, Kill Orders, and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As per the poll results, here's the epilogue! Hope y'all are satisfied now lol.

 

 

The ceremony was done about 20 minutes ago and the reception has just started. Lanterns light up the cliff-side venue area over the sunset, and white dahlias decorated each table. All the guests, male and female, are wearing formal suits that are leaning more for corporate events. The atmosphere is mellow for a celebration but that is to be expected. After all, each person in the area, including the event staff, are either spies, the superior of the spies, or highly trusted individuals.

 

Bobby takes a moment to look around, a glass of wine in his hand. He’s looking for a certain person who seems to have slipped away after the ceremony. A subordinate of his tries to make small talk but he excuses himself when he finally spots Hanbin at the upper balcony of the pavilion, looking over the whole area. He makes his way towards him.

 

“Finally, after two years our best agents can settle down.” he says as a greeting, waving his free hand to his two bodyguards so they could leave him and Hanbin alone. Hanbin smirks amusedly.

 

“In a sense, yes. They have a mission after 2 days though. A rank.”

 

“That one? Damn, so it really can’t be helped.” Bobby takes his place beside Hanbin. “I’m surprised June didn’t throw a tantrum for the short honeymoon.”

 

“You’re so sure it’ll be June?”

 

“My bro ain’t like that so yes, it’s June.”

 

Hanbin snorts. “He didn’t actually. Didn’t even give a word since he’s been too happy about this whole affair to care. Besides, they’ve been honeymooning already these past two years.”

 

“Tell me about it.” Bobby playfully winces, then downs the rest of his wine.

 

He and Hanbin share a moment of silence, just observing the lights down at the deck and the people mingling. The ceremony wasn’t that touching, if Bobby had to be very honest. It’s difficult to be touched when the people who attended are all members of their two organizations. Besides, the papers were already signed (and registered with confidential special favors) yesterday.

 

He’s still very satisfied though, both he and Hanbin. The event is for Donghyuk and Junhwe’s happiness after all.

 

“Donghyuk wouldn’t tell me, but Junhwe insisted on this whole wedding, didn’t he? Donghyuk was fine with just them living together.” he asks. He grins when he sees the mentioned NIS spy pulling his brother to the dance floor. Some of the lower-ranked agents cheered.

 

Hanbin nods and leans slightly over the railing to watch the couple too. “Junhwe was also fine with that but he wants to make things really official. He said he wants his relationship with Donghyuk to be certified and recognized by the worldly powers.”

 

“Bro-in-law’s cheesy as always.” Bobby chuckles and waves to a wandering waiter to take the empty wine glass for a refill. “But he makes Donghyuk happy, so.”

 

“The NIS is grateful that you have officially recognized our agent as part of your family and organization.”

 

“No doubt. The White Lotus will be at service to Agent 14 and his alliances from now on. I’m expecting the same with the NIS.”

 

“Of course. Ezra has been an irreplaceable asset to our endeavors. Whatever it is that he and Agent 14 needs, it will be given.”

 

Loud cheers from below made them pause the conversation for a moment. They divert their attention to see the newly married couple no longer in the dance floor, and instead is betting loudly on a White Lotus member and an NIS agent arm wrestling at one of the reception tables. Other spies and staffs were around them, also cheering.

 

“So,” Bobby starts again. He peels his eyes away from below to look at his fellow organization chief. Hanbin knows that look so he faces him straightly.

 

“Now that our agents finally have their happily ever after, how about we --

 

“Yes.”

 

Bobby blinks, taken aback at both the answer and the sudden interruption. Hanbin smirks and snaps his fingers.

 

The same waiter Bobby asked for a wine refill returns, bringing the same wine glass but instead of the drink, two rings are inside. Hanbin takes the glass, thanks the waiter, and shows Bobby.

 

“Here, I was wondering when you’ll ask.” He takes one of the rings and wears it. The White Lotus chief just stares.

 

“What the . I was going to ask you to--”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter