Still you

Code Reds, Kill Orders, and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“With the blueprints and the other intel gathered by 14 and Ezra, it’s already enough to take out my boss and not have the NIS chasing after my head.” Hanbin states after finishing his analysis of all the confidential documents their agents sent to them.

 

“I can classify this now as mission success. Sawaki can be dealt with anytime we want and they’ll think twice before doing anything with the bomb prototype, once we leak we have the blueprints already.”

 

Bobby nods in acknowledgment but doesn’t agree. Donghyuk still isn’t finished with his solo directive.

 

“My agent has to gather more intel for the White Lotus so I have to disagree with cutting the mission short.”

 

“About that, it’s already done.” Hanbin moves to type on his keyboard and accesses his files. The documents he got for Junhwe appears on Bobby’s dedicated screen.

 

“14 called in a favor earlier for that exact reason. Obviously, it’s for Ezra.”

 

The White Lotus heir mumbles a low “what” before checking out the files. Hanbin waits patiently, letting the other study the files. He lets out a small smirk when Bobby gives out an amused “Ha!”. A wide grin is adorning his face.

 

“How the did you guys get these files? We tried all we could but…”

 

“Well, 14 has to sacrifice some very important contacts in the mafia for me to get the files. Even I am shocked he has those contacts.”

 

“Ah love. It really moves in mysterious ways.”

 

Hanbin cringes at the cheesiness, causing Bobby to laugh. They’re interrupted when the door to their agent’s hotel suite opens and in comes a very angry Donghyuk. Junhwe follows in without saying a word.

 

“Looks like we’re finally getting to the of the drama.”

 

“So, is our bet still on?” Bobby moves closer to the large monitor screens. Hanbin rolls his eyes.

 

“Why bet on something that’s sure to happen? The odds are so very against me.”

 

Bobby laughs again as they divert their attention back to spying on their two agents.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Donghyuk is immediate with his anger as soon as the door to their suite closes. Junhwe could have dodged but he lets Donghyuk push him hard on his chest.

 

“So what the was that?! That’s not a part of our plans!”

 

“Yeah, but we still got the precious invites you wanted.”

 

“That’s not what I freaking meant! That was so unnecessary!”

 

“You’re pissed about the data you need right?” Junhwe sighs and takes his phone from his pocket in his pants. The screen says all the files are sent successfully. “Check your phone. Thank B.I later.”

 

Donghyuk quirks an eyebrow at him, anger subsiding a bit, before he does what he’s told. Junhwe patiently waits as the other scans the files.

 

“7 out of the 12, I already got.” Donghyuk tells him with a frown. “But the other five, I haven’t.”

 

Junhwe nods. He stops himself from saying something smug. Donghyuk returns his phone to his jacket and narrows his eyes at him.

 

“How did you know exactly what I needed?”

 

He ought to keep that info a secret but Junhwe is honestly too tired already. Donghyuk’s wearing the same tiredness too.

 

“I know because your hyung told me about it.” he pauses a bit after Donghyuk tenses up. “That enemy spy who committed suicide? He has a White Lotus emblem tattoo on his chest.”

 

Donghyuk nods and doesn’t seem surprised. “So you contacted Bobby-hyung yourself to ask and he told you willingly?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me right away?”

 

“Because you’ve been keeping something from me as well. How could I fully trust you as a partner spy with that? You even lied about the usb.”

 

Donghyuk opens his mouth to speak then closes it a moment later. He sighs heavily and shakes his head in defeat.

 

“The NIS. I saw it under the list of bidders for the atom bomb. I don’t know whether you’re on it too so I didn’t show you the list and the other docs related to it.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“As B.I told me after I gave you the usb. Like you, I asked him so he told me you two have the same agenda as us. Our handlers just can’t tell us straight away since they’re being monitored.”

 

“Right. We also have our own snake.”

 

Donghyuk nods again, then there’s silence as he takes off his bomber jacket. The air between them is still charged but the aggression is gone.

 

Junhwe bites his lip. “I’m sorry.”

 

He wants to say more. Be specific about the things he’s apologizing for. He’s sorry for his harsh and petty words earlier. He’s sorry for interfering with his job out of personal reasons.

 

He’s sorry for how their relationship ended, and for not giving themselves a chance to talk and listen at the start. There are still more but for some reason, his throat runs dry and his mind just freezes.

 

Donghyuk sighs again and tosses his jacket on his bed. He s a couple of spaces on his button down then moves to go to their makeshift spy lab.

 

“I’m sorry too.” Donghyuk says as he stops in front of him, meeting his eyes for a moment before moving again to pass by him. Junhwe intends to let him go but his eyes caught something on Donghyuk’s skin, just below his collarbones. It’s a freaking hickey.

 

He unconsciously shoots his arm out to grab the other spy’s arm, stopping him in his tracks. Donghyuk stares at his hand, brows furrowed, before looking up to him.

 

“What?”

 

“Did something happen between you and that old ?”

 

“No. Why do you think I’m so annoyed with your impromptu back there? My mission could have been compromised.” Donghyuk twists his arm off his grip. “Good thing Sawaki’s so entertained by you he still decided to give us passes.”

 

Junhwe clenches his fists at Donghyuk’s words; guilt and frustration clashing.

 

“Don’t ever do that kind of thing again.”

 

“What..?” Surprise is evident on Donghyuk’s face.

 

“That kind of thing. Seduction. I don’t like it.”

 

More like he hates it. He abhors even the thought of Donghyuk being intimately touched by other people, and hates evidences of such activities lingering on him.

 

Yes, Junhwe’s admitting it now.

 

But because Donghyuk doesn’t know, he takes his words as another verbal offense. The frown he wears deepen as he glares.

 

“Who are you to tell me what to do? Did you forget what you said? We have our own ways of doing things.”

 

“So are you saying you aren’t capable of other tactics?” Junhwe steps closer. Donghyuk doesn’t budge.

 

“Of course not, but what’s it to you anyway?”

 

“I just hate you being touched and kissed by someone else and that ing hickey is not helping.”

 

“Why? Are you being triggered?” Donghyuk scoffs in annoyance and pushes a finger on his chest. “Again, why are you so ing bothered?”

 

Junhwe isn’t fazed. He takes Donghyuk’s hand on his chest and squeezes it a bit.

 

“I’m being bothered because you’re mine.”

 

 

***

 

 

Donghyuk had literally felt his heart stop beating for a long moment before starting again. His cheeks burn but he suppresses it. He’s still very irritated.

 

“Correction, was.” he retorts as he pulls his hand away from Junhwe’s grip again. “I was yours. Who gave you the right to act like it’s still valid?”

 

“You.” Junhwe says so surely. The gaze being given to him makes him freeze a bit. “You gave me that right.”

 

Donghyuk unconsciously steps back. Big mistake. The heels of his boots meet the wall behind him.

 

Junhwe takes a daring step forward and stands in front of him, trapping him in that spot with just his unwavering gaze. He grits his teeth and meets his dark eyes head-on with a glare.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You do.”

 

Donghyuk can sense it. They’re nearing a certain point, the air between them so thick and emotionally driven it’s a miracle they’re still just standing there. It won’t be for long if they allow themselves.

 

That’s the question. Would he… would they allow themselves to stop circling around their remaining issues now?

 

“Don’t pretend you don’t feel the same way.”

 

“How about you tell me what you feel first so I could confirm if I feel the same?”

 

He doesn’t know whether it’s the little smirk on Junhwe’s lips, the longing in his eyes, or his own desires he’s sure is transparent in his gaze.

 

Maybe it’s a combination of all, and more. Of the words both told and still untold, of the little actions that should have brought this moment sooner if they didn’t choose to be cynical. Of all the secrets revealed and puzzle pieces placed.

 

And like a snap, they both reach for each other. Junhwe is suddenly kissing him fervently and he reciprocates in the same magnitude. Enough, he won’t deny it now. Junhwe’s right. He’s still his.

 

They’re still each other’s.

 

 

***

 

 

It’s like they’re both hungry, deprived even, and they didn’t realize until the very moment their lips touched.

 

Donghyuk wraps his arms around Junhwe’s neck, fingers softly raking through his hair. He moans softly and cradles the other by his waist and back, pressing him to his body as much as he could. It’s both weird and amazing how the two of them still kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter