Broken assumptions

Code Reds, Kill Orders, and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Had more free time than expected so here's another "early" update. Don't count on it for the next chapters though... 

 

 

 

Formal parties and the like isn’t something new for Donghyuk. In fact, he’s lived half his life attending such events almost every other night due to the previous White Lotus head’s fondness for them. They’re all boring, but those events were a great help training his people skills.

 

Junhwe seems to have no problems too as he charms his way through the elite, enjoying the admiring gazes of both women and men while he maintains a hand on the small of his back.

 

“There you are!” Big Bad cheerfully exclaims as he makes way to them with two bodyguards. “What a sight, you two! Now I’m even more glad to have invited you tonight.”

 

“It’s our pleasure.”

 

“I hope you’re enjoying what we’ve set up here. If you have any requests though, you can tell me.”

 

“That’s so nice of you Sawaki-san.” Donghyuk says, tone pleasant and flattered. “In that case, how about you fulfill your promise of showing me your private wine collection? We talked about that earlier.”

 

“Of course.” the target smiles as pleasant as Donghyuk’s tone, then turns to look at Junhwe with an ominous glint in his smiling eyes. “If Junhwe-ssi doesn’t mind, that is. You won’t be jealous would you?”

 

Junhwe gives out a friendly smirk, his hand on the small of Donghyuk’s back moving to settle on his shoulder. “I don’t mind Sawaki-san. You can show Donghyuk your collection all night. We’re past the stage of suspicions.”

 

Donghyuk would have sniggered loudly behind the monitors if he was doing an outfield spying role. As expected, the glint in Big Bad’s eyes just intensifies.

 

“So good of you to be very trustful of each other. Please excuse us.”

 

He grins widely, reaching to squeeze Junhwe’s hand before letting himself be whisked away by the target. Junhwe cheekily waves his hand goodbye before turning away.

 

Big Bad was maintaining a polite distance between them until they reach the private hallways. A hand places itself on his back, at the same spot Junhwe had touched before. He maintains the innocent aura he knows the target likes and had let him move his hand further so he’s slightly cradling his waist.

 

The wine collection’s indeed very impressive. There are bottles he sees for the first time and he makes sure the target’s aware of his impressed facial expressions. Big Bad then launches into a full-on brag about how he managed to procure each rare wine bottle. Donghyuk listens, comments once in awhile with subtle flattery, while discreetly eyeing all the cameras and possible hidden doors around the big room. Something catches his trained eye at the immaculate mahogany desk at right side.

 

“If you want, I could give you one of these bottles as a present. Think of it as a commemoration for our friendship.” Target offers, grin in place, as his fingers brush up and down his arm.

 

“Oh, I wouldn’t dare Sawaki-san. Receiving something from your private cellar would only pressure me.”

 

“Then something else? I see you’re wearing a limited edition Armani. Do you like similar brands? I can order a whole collection for you.”

 

Geez, everything’s going according to his predictions, Donghyuk’s tempted to botch this up so he’ll be forced to think of a plan on the spot. Spice things up, per se. If only the mission isn’t a double S.

 

“Rather than material things, I’d be more flattered and honored to receive something more important.” he says as he makes his way to the mahogany table, sitting on the edge with his hands flat on the wood. There’s a very well-hidden dent by his right little finger.

 

Big Bad walks towards him in interest. “And that is?”

 

“Love. Special Privileges.” he smiles again, this time adding a little mischievous hint in it. “A Secret.”

 

There’s a pause until the target laughs. Donghyuk smiles wider, not moving away when the other man moves to press himself at his left side, hand teasingly crawling down on his back.

 

“I knew you aren't as innocent as you project to be. Did Goo Junhwe win you over using those three things?”

 

“Majorly, yes.” he willingly angles his head away just as the target leans to hover his mouth on his jaw.

 

“Special privileges and a secret’s easy. Love, I assume, will be a very difficult subject.”

 

“It will be.” Donghyuk moves his right hand, studying the dent using his fingertips while the target presses a soft kiss on his skin.

 

He gives out a small breathy moan as a bonus to distract him further. “But love is also dependent on how we define it.”

 

Big Bad smirks, presses himself closer to him. “What to do Donghyuk-ssi? I don’t think I can return you to your fiance.”

 

“Ah but you have to, Sawaki-san.” he smiles prettily, already done studying the dent. The craftsmanship is familiar and he suspects there’s a fingerprint lock mechanism hidden underneath.

 

“Junhwe’s still my number 1 after all.”

 

The target just shrugs and presses another kiss on him, this time on the expanse of his neck below his ear. He loved being kissed by Junhwe in that exact same spot.

 

“I’ll dethrone him soon, then.”


 

***


 

Junhwe isn't worried about how Donghyuk will do alone with the syndicate’s boss. It’s just annoying how a significant part of him wants to crash in and assassinate the target on the spot for his ed up kink. He can totally do it, swiftly and cleanly.

 

But yeah, atomic bomb and all. If only the location info’s already secured.

 

“I heard they got about 40 percent of the hospitals to purchase the latest upgrade.” the woman he’s talking to says before sipping a bit from her champagne. “Sawaki-san was very generous with their offer this time.”

 

Psychology and the like comes in during these situations. He studies each gesture, facial expression, and translates what he had observed into a proper response. All to get them to be familiar and comfortable enough to leak information. The woman wants him to be sympathetic, probably share her disappointment of not profiting. Junhwe says the necessary words and the woman takes the bait, even including some of the guests around them into their conversation.

 

From there, it’s like opening a faucet and watching the water fill up a pail. Snob, jealous elites really love to gossip and soon, he’s absorbing information about hushed up business deals with the mafia and, most importantly, a “rumor” of a super secret transaction.

 

“Someone from the Chinese leg told me. That robot AI unveiling on Wednesday is just a cover for a military grade weapon transaction.”

 

“What kind of weapon? A bomb?”

 

“No one knows. It might be a laser gun of some sort. The Chinese wants that.”

 

“Ha. Bomb or laser guns, the Chinese could have built that themselves if they want to.”

 

“And Sawaki-san’s too philanthropic to go down that road.”

 

Junhwe takes that moment to steer the conversation towards the unveiling they talked about. The guests are none the wiser as they share what they know.

 

“It’s a very exclusive event. Only those personally chosen by Sawaki-san are invited.” the woman from before says. “It’s going to happen at his private island, I heard.”

 

“The one near Jeju?”

 

“I think so.”

 

Someone takes that as an opportunity to talk about real estate. Junhwe doesn’t leave right away to avoid suspicions and instead, chooses the moment when a waiter comes to offer them cocktails and wine refills. He slips away stealthily and pretends to go around admiring the architecture of the ballroom. He purposely wanders into the inner hallways of the place, not surprised that guards are on standby at the entrance and are immediate with blocking his way.

 

“Sorry.” he slurs his voice a bit, pretending to be tipsy. “Was wondering where my fiance’s gone to. Have you seen him?”

 

The two guards look at each other before telling him that Donghyuk’s still with Sawaki. He pouts at that, makes a move to publicly throw a fit, and was apprehended as he expected. The guards discuss whether to kick him out or not until a female staff approaches them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter