Sunflowers

When She Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you ever get sick of dyeing your hair blonde?"

 

It's a genuine question that falls from Yuju's lips as her hands runs through Yerin's hair. She uses her free hand to prop against the couch's armrest. The blonde has her head resting on the brunette's laps, eyes closed. She is hoping to take a quick nap as they sit on the couch, lazing about on a Sunday afternoon.

 

"No."

 

Yuju smiles in reply, the silence causing Yerin to crack one eye open.

 

"Are you sick of seeing it?"

 

"Not at all. I can spot you from a mile away quite easily."

 

The corner of Yerin's mouth tugs upward as she closed her eyes again.

 

"When you get tired of it, please let me know." 

 

Yuju's fingers loosely twirl a few locks of her girlfriend's hair.

 

"I think of sunflowers sometimes when I see it."

 

This is enough to stir Yerin a bit more awake, but her eyes are still shut.

 

"Why?"

 

"Sunflowers are warm and cheery."

 

"Because that's totally me." Yerin deadpans as her eyes open.

 

Yuju laughs and brings her hand that was playing with Yerin's hair up to her cheek. She caresses it softly, brown orbs locked into Yerin's.

 

"You give me warmth that no clothing, bed sheet, or blanket can provide."

 

**

Yuju places the keys on the counter and shuts the door behind her as she enters their small house.

 

"Yerin unnie?" 

 

The echo of the room is enough to tell her that Yerin is not home. Strange, because she should be.

 

She walk past the living room and scans the house for her girlfriend's whereabouts. The backdoor has been left ajar and this causes Yuju some confusion.

 

She makes her way to their poorly kept garden and stares at the back of a crouched certain someone.

 

Yerin wipes her forehead and drops her gardening tools. She stands up and rubs the dirt off her hands. A familiar embrace from behind lets her know that her home is here.

 

"Hi."

 

Yuju rests her chin atop Yerin's right shoulder.

 

"Hi. What are you doing?"

 

Jung Yerin is not gardener.

 

"You'll see."

 

"Can I make a guess?"

 

"No. It will ruin the suprise."

 

"It's hardly a suprise." A cheeky grins appears on Yuju's face.

 

"Suprises were never my forte." Yerin mumbles as Yuju presses her smile against the other girl's ear.

 

They both know they are thinking about the same thing. Yerin had once tried to suprise her with a homemade full course meal for dinner, only to have burnt everything, resulting in some take out and an embarrassing story.

 

"No. No, they never were. Are you ready for dinner?" 

 

"Yes."

 

Yuju releases her hold on Yerin and holds her hand out for her. She smiles widely as she notices the speck of dirt on Yerin's forehead.

 

"Let's get you cleaned up first."

 

Yuju crouches down and picks up a towel off the ground. Using the clean side, she wipes at Yerin's forehead and the sweat that Yerin has worked up from gardening.

 

Yerin laughs because she is not a child. She does not need help cleaning herself. But she is always welcome to Yuju's coddling.

 

**

The blonde sits atop the counter, legs dangling in front of her as Yuju's light brown sweater envelopes her. She's always liked how the brunette's clothing was always a tad too big for her, too long for her arms. A peanut butter sandwich is nibbled on gently as she watches the brunette make one for herself.

 

When Yuju is finished, she turns to look at Yerin, an awestruck expression on her face. The brunette moves over to stand between Yerin's dangling legs. Then she takes a small bite out of the other end of Yerin's peanut butter sandwich.

 

Yerin laughs at the random action.

 

"Why are you eating mine?" Yerin teases her gently. "You just made one."

 

Yuju swallows the contents and makes sure to swipe her tongue against her own teeth to clean away any remnants of the sandwich. Her eyebrows crinkle together as she asks seriously.

 

"How is it that you make everything look so good?"

 

It isn't a tease in retort, but the simple truth. Yerin feels the red creep onto her cheeks.

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

Yuju gently grabs a fistful of the hem of the light brown sweater.

 

"I was never fond of this sweater, but I love how it looks on you. It's like...it was made for you."

 

Yerin sets aside her sandwich and puts her arms over Yuju's shoulder.

 

"But it's yours."

 

"What's mine is yours."

 

Yuju leans forward, pressing her lips against the underside of Yerin's jaw as she whispers in between kisses.

 

"My possessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter