Notes and Poetry

When She Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was about to get up from her bed when her eyes caught the stick-on note hanging from her bedside drawer. A smile immediately ghosted over her face as she reached out to snatch the piece of the paper.

Rise and shine! I left the breakfast on the counter. Sorry for not being able to cuddle. I had an early schedule. Hope to see you for dinner...~ Big Eunbi.

That simple note was enough to make her day.

+++

She was suprised when a delivery man came to the filming set calling for her name. "Uhm, it's me," she hesitantly said as she raised a hand to catch the man's attention. The man smiled at her and handed her the container filled with lunch boxes enough for her and for the small crew. Before she could thank the man, he took out a white envelope with her name inked on it. "Thank you,sir," she said as she received the parcel. 

The crew and her co-star were curious of the mysterious delivery but she knew very well who was behind it. Her lips upturned upon opening the envelope much to the curiousity of her co-star. She took a survey of her surroundings, noticing the curious eyes set on her. A chuckle left her lips before she gestured to the spread before her. "These were sent for you by someone special" she mused as she shared the lunch boxes before setting back on her seat with the last box  of food and the opened envelope on her lap. 

"Thank you. May I know who sent these?" Minggyu, her co-star, queried.

Her smile widened, "Oh, just someone special" she finished off with a chuckle before she excused herself to find a secluded place to enjoy her special lunch and the letter that went along with it. 

 

To my ever sweet sugar, who boosted my energy,

My healthy little sushi, who tasted so sweet,

Thank you for the breakfast, made with love so deep,

I shall repay you with a hearty lunch, though accompany you I can't keep,

Love you Big Eunbi and I hope I made your day.

- You hot little Eunbi

She inwardly cringed at the poetic message, but nonetheless it made her smile as she opened the box of food and welcomed the sweet aroma of roasted beef, steamed vegetables, and the delicate smell of fresh fruit assortments. She took a picture to capture the moment along with the letter that went with it. 

Then, in appreciation for the deed, she devoured the food like a hungry cave woman and finished off the container without a morsel of food left in it. To simply say that she wiped it clean was an understatement. The food was that good and she would love to eat it again with that special someone who sent it. 

The filming took place with her being more energized, which came to no suprise with the crew and her co-star. The meal was sumptuous and it enabled them to efficiently carry out their tasks for the day.

+++

 

She was idling in the middle of a tedious board meeting when her assistant came in with a huge cup of Starbuck coffee. A stick-on note was taped to it and it awakened her senses when the man gently placed it on her table before excusing himself. Moments later, another assistant delivered the rest of the cups of coffee to each person sitting in the meeting room  and it made her wonder how these people would react. 

Her eyes landed on the hasty scribbles on the paper attached to her own cup and her lips twitch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter