✨Bad Impressions

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook appeared to be more excited than what Yoongi expected: the prince was quite known for his deep curiosity. The thought of adventures through the life of magic and non-royalty every nerve in Jungkook’s body. He felt shivers crawling beneath his skin as the car passed by the side view of the Hunford Academy.

He his chapped lips wet and beamed at Yoongi. “Hyung! Look!”

The younger one pointed at the garden of the school and jumped on his seat out of excitement.

“Can you imagine this? I can see myself being able to conquer the whole school with just a single glance. Do they know a prince will be coming here though?”

Yoongi just shrugged, not bearing the thought of girls trying to get a single touch from a royal highness. The older one, on the other hand, wasn’t that much of a social person. He was the kind of person that only ate at the party, or he would be sitting on the couch awkwardly staring at people who tried to flirt with him. He didn’t know why, but he didn’t like to talk that much: he enjoyed and appreciated quiet places. He was quite aesthetic if you squinted harder.

“Hyung, you’re not talking... Are you sure you’d be able to take care of yourself? You’re not that much of a talkative person. Will you do good in your class?”

Yoongi could only roll his eyes. Shouldn’t he be the one to tell him that?

“Jungkook, I can handle myself. I am the one worried about you. Don’t be a pigheaded.”

Jungkook faked a gasp, looking offended as much as possible.

“For your information, I can handle myself as well,” he crossed his arms.

“Jungkook.”

“Yes?”

“Bring out your identification card, we will be needing that to go through the gate. We are near.”

Jungkook nodded and slipped his hand through the pocket of his blazers.

“Uh… Hyung…”

Yoongi turned to Jungkook. “I-I forgot my ID.”

 

 

“So when you need anything else, you can go to the council office, right over there,” Seokjin pointed a specific room where he usually stayed. Taehyung and Jimin nodded at him and thanked him. Not too long after, the bell rang, and so they bid farewell to each other.

“So Tae, what’s your first class?”

“Math,” he groaned.

“Great, mine too.”

“Math?”

“No, History. I meant we're both ed.”

Taehyung could only laugh for a brief moment at the older’s joke. “History of Magic is kind of easy Chim, if you just try to get it.”

“How can it be so easy? Tell me.”

“People tend to say it’s hard, even though they haven’t taken a single step yet.”

“That’s rational.”

Taehyung nodded and hanged his bag on his shoulder before walking beside Jimin through the corridor. Jimin was anything but mysterious, he was always open to other people. He would always ask about things shamelessly without having to think about the consequences and the circumstances it might bring to him. All he knew was that he should know every truth. Jimin was given the gift of strength, and the power to read someone’s past, but going through someone’s road was also difficult for him: he never really looked through someone unless it was extremely necessary or permitted. He just thought of it as reading a forbidden book.

Taehyung, however, was a carefree person, whose past was missing. Jimin couldn’t shake the feeling of doubt against Taehyung, for he had never encountered someone who was alive without a past. Even people with amnesia had buried memories deep inside. But not Taehyung. Impossible, how can someone be in the present without walking from the street of yesterday.  

“Chim-hyung, do you think this is going to be a good year for us?” Taehyung skipped on his toes on the tiled floor as he hummed.

Jimin squinted and stared at the vivid colors, Taehyung’s eyes. He let the dark orbs devour him, his mind giving into Taehyung’s deep brown irises. He tried… Nothing happened.

“I’m sorry, what did you say again?”

“I said, do you think this is going to be a good year for us?”

“Of course it will be, we shall raise a gun and fire our enemies.”

Taehyung scoffed at the old line of pirates. “You’re reading some cheesy pirate falling in love with some lost girl out in the sea story, right? It’s pretty obvious if you ask me.”

Jimin gave a quick laugh and nodded. “Well, forget that, all we need to do is to be positive. To think about negative thoughts only makes us lose our happiness.”

“Wise words,” Taehyung gave a lopsided grin.

“Ah, shut up,” Jimin playfully hit Taehyung’s bicep.

“I remember the first time we met was quite unexpected... Your mother and my father were friends and I often saw your mother as a wicked witch. Of course I couldn’t help it since my father was the kind of—”

“Hold on, hold on. You see my mother as a wicked witch? Dude,” Jimin stared at Taehyung who was pursing his lips.

“Well, it’s not like I wanted to attack your mom. My father is kind of a bit playful when it comes to ladies, you know? I think you get the point. He is a total jackass.”

“Yeah, I see your point.” Jimin certainly had the itch to look through Taehyung’s past as if it was an interesting book he needed to read.  

They suddenly heard a man who seemed troubled, and they looked at the direction to see two men in front of the gate. “Shouldn’t we help those—”

“We don’t want any trouble for ourselves,” Jimin warned as he gripped Taehyung’s wrist.

Taehyung didn’t listen though. He still slapped Jimin’s hand away and went straight to the gate, where the two men were. A raven haired one was looking a bit worried whilst the other, a brunette one, was calm. “I told you I forgot my ID, I really am a student here,” he heard the raven haired boy speak.

“Yeah, yeah, excuses,” the guard shooed them away but Taehyung wasn’t gonna let that go. Not on his watch.

“What seems to be the problem here?” Taehyung skipped on his way to the guard’s side and smiled at the both of them.

“This guy doesn’t have his ID,” the guard pointed at the one with bunny teeth. Taehyung made a small ‘tsk’ sound and shook his head.

“I-I got a message from the headmistress to let them in,” he blurted out. Okay, Taehyung didn’t know where did that come from. Maybe it wasn’t the best excuse but he knew it could work.

“Taehyung!” Jimin whispered loudly, pinching his bicep. Taehyung winced a bit before reverting back to his boxy-grin.

“Yes! Mr…” he squinted at the brunette’s name tag, “M-Min Yoongi, is an acquaintance to the headmistress. She wanted to have tea with them at her office immediately!” Jimin widened his eyes at the younger’s statement, but he just chose to go with the flow since it would be worse if they got caught.

“Ah yes! From what I know, she shall be meeting them now in…” Jimin looked at his watch, “right about...now!”

The dark haired boy nodded repeatedly and the guard doubted. He hummed, squinting and leaning slowly over them. Jungkook could feel himself getting smaller with each passing second. The man raised a brow before letting the two men inside the gate.

“Next time, bring your identification card, I assure you it’s less trouble,” the guard spoke with a tint of caution. Taehyung heaved a sigh when they finally escaped that.

“Touché.” The boy breathed out.

Taehyung grabbed the raven haired boy’s hand and went for a fast walk away from the guard. Followed by their two hyungs behind them.

“Off,” the brunette commanded. As soon as Taehyung realized that he was holding the younger’s hand he quickly let go. “Hey! Don’t you know you just set a bad example for Jungkook? Don’t you know you could get expelled from this school because of that? We don’t want to drag ourselves with your heedless acts,” the brunette bursted out.

“Whoa, easy, my friend just wanted to help out,” Jimin lightly shoved the brunette away.

“Hyung! I can take care of myself, plus they just helped us get inside so it’s a win-win.” The dark haired boy held his hand out. “My name is Jeon Jungkook.”

Taehyung reached out for a handshake. “My name is Kim Taehyung.”

“I’m Park Jimin,” he smiled.

Jungkook went on and pulled the hem of Yoongi’s blazer and he sighed.

“Min Yoongi.”

“Good!” Taehyung chirped out.

“You,” Jimin turned his head at Jungkook, “call us hyung. Based on your act earlier and also your face, you’re younger than us.”

“Sure, hyung!” Jungkook playfully raised his right hand to his forehead and imitated a pose of a soldier. Jimin chuckled and so did Taehyung. Yoongi just scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“We are going to be late for class.”

“What year are you in?” Jimin asked Jungkook.

“First year, and also, I think my first class is Physics...” Jungkook frowned.

“Remember what I taught you, Jungkook, and you’ll be fine.” Yoongi patted Jungkook’s back and smiled at him.

“Yeesh, I’m not a baby.” Jungkook pouted.

Jimin arched a brow and stared at Yoongi. There seemed to be something about him which he couldn’t explain. Despite Yoongi’s cold manner, Jimin actually found it very interesting to search upon on. He thought he should be friends with him, for he just had this blooming feeling on his chest whenever he stole a glance from Yoongi.

“Yoongi! Please have mercy!”

Jimin widened his eyes at the vision that slowly ate him, a fragment of Yoongi’s past. It was rather darker than what he had expected, and he didn’t even try seeping through the depths of Yoongi’s past yet... It was rare for him to see those kind of pasts, but it wasn’t the full thing yet. It was like a fragment of a past Yoongi had forgotten. Or wanted to forget.

“Yah! Chim, Pabo, Jimin, Park, .”

“Beach?” Jimin snapped out.

“Nothing.” Taehyung gave him a gentle slap on his back to wake him up. Yoongi’s eyebrow knitted and gave a deep sigh.

“We will be going, we needed to head towards the headmistress’ office anyways.” Yoongi quickly grabbed Jungkook by his sleeves and immediately pulled him to his side.

“Wait, so you’re here— a real relative of the headmistress?” Jimin’s eyes quickly got bigger as his jaw dropped. Yoongi had to stop and look right back at Jimin, with that cold stare he thought his heart would be dying anytime now.

“Not really a relative, but she’s been a part of my life for years,” Yoongi paused for a bit. “Well then, we will be going now, we don’t want Mrs. Choi waiting now do we?”

Taehyung bid their good-bye and they parted different ways.

“So, what happened out there,” Taehyung asked. Jimin shook his head. “You seemed kind of, spaced out there,” the younger one tried to ask more different questions about the incident earlier but he stopped and got fed up with the series of answers: ‘nothing’ and ‘nah’. He decided to let it go and he’d just wait for the right time to ask Jimin again. But he wanted to ask him something else. “Chim-hyung, I've been meaning to ask.”

They walked through the corridor, admiring the beauty of the statues displayed upfront, near the big window pane. Their shoes scratched against the cold marbled floor.

“Yeah?”

The brunette tilted his head on Jimin who is spaced out, wandering. “What was your past like?”

“Oh… Well, it wasn’t an ideal past. My childhood was not as good as everyone else’s. I was the black sheep of my family, being the onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter