✨Sunshine in my Pocket

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some days had passed by since the incident, and that day was the beginning of the weekend, therefore they only had club activities. It was sunny and warm outside, therefore many clubs decided to spend the day outside to do their activities. Jimin and Taehyung learned that Jungkook had joined the athletics club, and since they didn’t have dance until some hours later, they decided to go outside to watch the students partake in their activities. They sat on the grass, seeing how some of their classmates ran and exercised in different ways, until Jimin saw Jungkook. He had his hand bandaged, but it didn’t look so bad. Besides, if they let him do exercise, that meant that he was fine. He saw him stretch, jump and run, always with a happy expression on his face that turned smug whenever some other member of his club praised him.

“Huh,” he muttered. “Jungkook looks really confident when he’s not with us, eh, Tae?” When he didn’t receive any response, he turned to look at his friend, only to see him totally mesmerised, gaping at something in the distance. Jimin followed his look. Yep, he was looking at Jungkook. “Hey!” he exclaimed, snapping his fingers and startling Taehyung. “If you don’t close your mouth flies are gonna get inside,” he said, laughing when he saw the blush creep on the tanned boy’s cheeks.

“Shut up,” Taehyung mumbled.

Jimin smirked. His best friend was so obvious sometimes, it was ridiculous. He knew that since their little visit to the art club showcase, Taehyung looked at the younger boy with other eyes. Not all the time, of course. He was still cheery with him, and he still and behaved in a childish manner—or in a ‘Taehyungish’ manner, as sometimes Jimin liked to joke. But it was true that sometimes Jungkook made some kind of physical demonstration, and Taehyung wanted to hide away. The pink haired boy didn’t blame him: sometimes he felt the same. Like right in that moment, for example. Jungkook was panting and sweating, fanning himself with his own tank top. He was wearing some basketball shorts, so the clothes revealed his muscled arms and legs. Those thighs, Jimin thought.

It was quite unnerving to think someone as young as Jungkook could be that muscular. Obviously, Jimin himself didn’t count, because, well, strength was his power. Maybe the boy had sword training sessions with Yoongi? He didn’t think so. It looked like the sword training was something personal for the older. Besides, he wasn’t as exaggeratedly muscular as Jungkook. However, Jimin did notice that Yoongi’s body was subtly toned. A couple of times he had seen him get out of their bathroom with only a towel surrounding his hips, his hair damped, some bangs sticking on his forehead and beads of water tracing his milky white abdomen…

“Oh, hi Yoongi!” Taehyung chirped.

Jimin jumped in surprise, embarrassed, and turned around. What was Yoongi doing there? He looked around frantically, trying to see where he was until he heard Taehyung laughing his off. He frowned.

“What the .”

“That’s payback, .” When he saw the pink haired boy grab his chest and letting out a shaky breath, he laughed again. “Oh my god, I really did scare you, didn’t I!”

That was the word. ‘Scared’. Jimin shoved him, and they both started to bicker with each other, and then laughed for a while. After they calmed down, they decided to keep watching the athletics club. They were doing now shot put, and it was Jungkook’s turn. He threw the ball at an impressionable distance, earning a few cheers. But Jimin was in the mood to then, so he cupped his hands near his mouth and shouted.

“Lame!”

That’s when the younger turned his head and widened his eyes, suddenly realising that his hyungs were watching him. For how long? He didn’t know. He blushed furiously for a few seconds when he focused his view on Taehyung, but after that, he frowned at Jimin.

“If you think it’s so lame why don’t you come over here and do it yourself!” he shouted back.

Jimin smirked, getting up from the grass and approaching them, followed behind by a giggling Taehyung. It wasn’t until he picked the ball like it was made of feathers that Jungkook remembered what was Jimin’s power. . The pink haired boy then threw the ball, high and far, until everyone lost it from their sight. It definitely had gone beyond the school grounds. Welp, that was one ball less for the athletics club, Jungkook thought. Jimin grinned at Jungkook while Taehyung approached him from behind and hugged his arm.

“Ooooh, Mister Jimin, you’re so strong!” the tanned boy said, pretending to faint dramatically on Jimin’s arm.

“That’s not fair,” the younger mumbled. 

“Hey, you’re the one who told me to do it,” Jimin simply responded, still smiling. 

“I always forget you have super strength, with you being so tiny and all…” Jungkook retorted, making Taehyung wheeze from laughter. 

“Take that back, you little !” 

“Nope,” he grinned. “Besides, I’m still better than you in athletics.”

“Come again?” the pink haired boy asked, incredulous. 

“Strength is not everything in athletics. I bet I could perfectly beat you.” 

“Oh, you wanna bet?” 

The younger smirked and shrugged. “Yeah, why not.” 

“Okay, we’re gonna do all the athletics trials to see who wins more. And the winner…” he tapped his chin and looked around, thinking. Until suddenly, he grinned. “The winner gets a kiss from Taehyung.” 

“W-what?” the younger squawked. 

“Excuse me?” Taehyung asked in a high pitched tone, cheeks tinted pink. 

“Honestly, Tae, I feel like you don’t show me affection like before,” Jimin said, feigning the tone of a mother being dramatic, “so I’m gonna win your love back!” 

“Why do I have to kiss anyone?” his best friend whined. 

“Oh, come on, don’t act like you don’t love these lips,” Jimin said, pointing his finger at his pouty mouth while wiggling his eyebrows. 

“Blergh.” 

“There’s no way I’m gonna do this,” Jungkook suddenly said, raising his arms. “I’m out.” He started to walk away when suddenly he heard Jimin say something to Taehyung. 

“Oh, I didn’t know that Jeon Jungkook was a chicken?” 

The younger boy approached them again, furious and determined look on his face. “I’m not a chicken. Let’s do this.” 

Jimin wanted to laugh. It was so easy to push the right buttons to rile Jungkook up. They waited until the club finished with his activities, and then they started to prepare for the trials, Taehyung grumbling on the sides with a faint blush on his face. They decided to do 200 metres, 110 metres hurdles, long jump, hammer throw, pole vault and high jump. Surprisingly enough, Jungkook won the 200 metres and the 110 metres hurdles. Jimin cursed his short legs, and suddenly understood better why Jungkook had those thighs. The hammer throw was obviously won by Jimin, as well as the long jump. After that, with the pole vault, they had some difficulties to decide who had won because their jumps had been very similar. So they consulted the vice-president of the club, who had decided to watch the competition (along with other members), sitting right next to Taehyung and asking him non-stop why his pink haired friend didn’t join the club, because damn. After some time deliberating, he gave the victory to Jimin, making him jump with glee. 

Finally, the only trial left was high jump, and Jungkook knew he was doomed: the most important part of that was the strength put on the legs. Still, he tried, because, during the whole time they were doing the competition, he stole glances to where Taehyung was sitting, seeing him cheer and clap sometimes, boxy grin on his face. And that cheer kind of worked. He saw how Jimin passed the bar and landed perfectly, and he shook his head before putting himself in position. He wasn’t doing it for the kiss. It was for his dignity as an athlete. He started running, approaching the bar, and then jumped as high as he could. But he touched the bar, and after that, he lost concentration and landed badly. There, lying on the mat, he could hear the screams of victory of Jimin. He leaned on his elbows just in time to see the pink haired boy pulling at Taehyung’s wrist, tapping his own mouth with his finger to claim his prize. Taehyung then gave Jimin a quick peck on the lips, both of them laughing and the tanned boy complaining how gross he was. Jungkook just raised his head to look at the sky, sighing. Of all the times he rarely lost, it had to be this time. He usually didn’t like losing, but he could be cool about it. However, not this time. He was gonna sulk for a while, he thought, and it was stupid. 

While he was mulling over his own thoughts on why he felt so upset about it, he suddenly felt a soft pressure on his right cheek. He turned his head to see Taehyung’s face right next to him, smiling timidly at him. 

“Consolation prize?” he mumbled before getting up again. “You did amazing, taking into account that you competed against super strength.” 

Jungkook just looked at him, wide-eyed, hand reaching for the spot where the tanned boy had placed a kiss. 

“Come on, Tae, we’re gonna be late!” Jimin yelled, already trotting to the entrance of the academy. 

“Coming!” Taehyung said back, turning around. 

“Uh, where are you going?” the younger boy asked suddenly before the other went away. 

“Oh, we have dance club now. Um… Do you wanna come?” Taehyung asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his head. 

Jungkook smirked. Oh, yes, he wanted to come. His pride was hurt, and now it was time for Jimin to have a taste of his own medicine.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter