✨Finest

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So you’re telling me that I need to be there during your trip to this market, because you need someone to carry your items for you?”

Seokjin just hummed at Namjoon’s question. His eyes were fixed on the screen of his phone. He was typing at an intense speed as his forehead crinkled.

“What’s that, texting someone?” Namjoon plopped down the chair beside Seokjin’s and leaned in to get a view of the older’s phone. Seokjin had blocked Namjoon’s view by dragging his phone away with a small ‘tsk’. The older hissed. He didn’t like someone invading his privacy.

Namjoon was about to pout but then, acting cute wasn’t really his forte. It was more of Seokjin’s. The older was still typing, and the buzzing of his phone kept Namjoon annoyed for minutes. What was more important than him anyway?

Namjoon sat back down and tapped his foot in irritation. He rested his chin on the palm of his hands as he tried to distract himself away from Seokjin’s face. He had been staring at the older for quite a while now. “Namjoon,” Seokjin looked up; finally the younger one beamed and looked up at him.

“How about a feast at our dorm?”

Namjoon blinked.

Seokjin blushed, assuming that Namjoon may had something on his mind that was absolutely a wrong idea. He protested, “It’s not like that, just a friendly thing, you know? You have been doing your job pretty well.”

Namjoon almost smiled so wide that his dimples showed, but he suppressed it. He could clearly see the older’s ears, pink on the tip. “You know we don’t have a kitchen in our dorm…”

Seokjin widened his eyes and exclaimed, “We can always magic a small stove, can’t we? Besides, student councils’ curfew is later than other non-members. Might as well eat.”

“Yeah,” Namjoon simply gave a small nod.

The door opened with a creak. Both men looked at the same direction as a man entered the room with a carefree walk as he whistled. “Hoseok, why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at your dorm by now?” Namjoon quirked a brow.

Hoseok chuckled as he twirled his keys on his finger. He lightly patted Namjoon on the chest with a small wheeze, “That’s hyung for you,” he corrected. “Well anyways I’m just here to get some files before going back to the dorm.” Hoseok went to the metal drawers and whispered the password before it opened as two folders flew to his hand.

Everything was protected by magic in that academy: every drawer in there had the headmistress’ unbreakable spell. The only thing that the student council members didn’t like about that was that they always forgot the password, because they were different in each furniture.

But Hoseok had always been the key to every drawer. Memorized every ludicrous codes the headmistress put up.

“Students’ files? And for what are you going to use them?” Seokjin eyed him suspiciously. Hoseok raised the files in one hand whilst grinning with a suppressed groan, “Headmistress’ orders.”

Hoseok turned around to leave but then Namjoon protested, “You’re just months older!”

“Still a hyung~” Hoseok half sang as he closed the door giving Namjoon a lopsided grin.

“Hoseok is having fun lately, don’t you think?” Seokjin shrugged, at last, putting his phone on the cold desk of their office. There had always been something with Hoseok’s mercurial nature that made the headmistress force him to join. Nobody knew his powers that much, he never used them in front of anyone.

“Trust me, it’s not ‘having fun’, it’s receiving torture.” Namjoon opened the door and tried to usher Seokjin out of the room. He bowed like a gentleman, playfully reaching the older’s hand. “So then, my lady, shall we?” Namjoon teased. Seokjin hit the younger’s bicep and continued to walk out.

 

 

Jungkook looked up at both boys. He pursed his lips and carefully tip toed to the small desk on the corner of their room.

It was in the middle of the night, and the staff of the school had just finished checking their room, seeing that everything was neatly arranged for their first day sleeping with their roommates.

There was only one big window on their room. The moonlight shone through the glass, reflecting the shadows of the trees from the school’s garden. It was a beautiful sight, really. Maybe the dormitory wasn’t so bad after all.

There was just one problem...

He really couldn’t sleep that much, not without Yoongi chatting with him about random things until he fell asleep. Heck, he couldn’t even sleep in that small bed. He was used to the king sized bed that he owned back at home. He quickly glanced at the men who were sleeping peacefully on their beds. He really couldn’t see Taehyung from down there, but he could hear the small snores. Hoseok was also snoring, but louder and more annoying.

Taehyung’s face was buried on the white and comfy pillow, hands softly grabbing the blanket. He admired the older’s fingers, again. They just looked so delicate and very… “Long,” Jungkook suppressed a chuckle. His eyes widened, remembering what he was supposed to do earlier. Taehyung was the only guy on earth that could make his head clouded with only his mere existence, and he had only met him for a day. Damn.

“Right,” he muttered to himself. He sneakily walked to a different direction and bent down next to his big suitcase, that was the only one he hadn’t unpacked yet. He flicked his wrist and the suitcase opened, slowly. His belongings bursted out of his case; he forgot to unpack some ‘stuff’ he needed for his research. He jolted a bit when a small tin made a clunking noise on the ground. He needed to be careful. He didn’t want to wake his roommates.

“Why did I bring so much stuff?” He sighed to himself, feeling stupid. He didn’t need all of those things that much, but he considered them very useful for specific situations.

“Four suitcases?”  Yoongi scoffed.

That small fight suddenly flashed in front of Jungkook. He could’ve just listened to Yoongi.

He scrambled through multiple pieces of clothing, while wondering why he had buried it at the very bottom. Finally, getting rid of every cloth, he exclaimed, seeing a leather covered notebook. He opened the notebook with eagerness, but he was met with flying dust: leaves grew out of the pages as they twirled mid air. It even tried to snap Jungkook’s face; he dodged and slammed it close. The sound it made was not loud enough to wake them. Good.

“What notebook is this?” He flipped it to the front. In printed bold letters, “Herbology?” he threw the notebook away and looked further. Finally he beamed and made an ‘aha!’ before getting it, spotting that familiar crest. He laughed at himself for being childish, like a little boy that finally found his toy.

He opened it carefully, hoping for it not to be another one of his magical books. He was a bit skeptical and decided to check it the next morning. He was tired, and he needed rest. It had been a tiring day for him. His research could wait.

He gathered his scattered clothing, sighing and thinking how he was gonna tidy all those clothes, until it came to him. “Oh,” he whispered. “Of course, magic.” Jungkook plopped every item he held in his hand and just flicked his wrist. Every clothing folded themselves, and objects arranged themselves to his desired drawer and shelf.

It was a thing he perfected because of Yoongi’s bickering. ‘Clean the room, here and there’. It took him months to finally flick his wrist instead of using a broom.

He looked at the notebook in his hands and shrugged. Taehyung and Hoseok wouldn’t be suspicious, right? He was too tired to find a hiding place for the notebook. Taehyung wouldn’t look at it, right? Nobody would really care about a notebook lying around. He had so many thoughts swimming in his head.

It wasn’t just any normal notebook, it was something he had been hiding, keeping away from his father, and even from Yoongi, for years. He never trusted anyone with handling it. It was so important that he hid it under the tiled floor of their castle: a little brilliant idea of the little Jungkook. He made a small compartment under their floor when he was a kid. He was innocent as a child, but he was not that dumb to let it fall onto the wrong hands.

He yawned, stretching his hands to the back. He looked at the clock that was hanging above the headboard of his bed.

Twelve o’clock.

He heaved a sigh. “It’s gonna be a long day tomorrow.”

 

 

“I’m sleepy and hungry.” Namjoon groaned.

His stomach had been rumbling along their way to their room. Most importantly he was actually excited for this little date that the older one had proposed. It wasn’t everyday that you got to eat Seokjin’s special dinner. Everyone wanted a taste of it.

Seokjin ran his fingers through his forehead, a bit annoyed with Namjoon’s stomping feet. Both were relieved when they finally saw the golden plaque on the door: 216.

Their eyes darted then to that one thing…

The doorknob was on the ground, lying there with a crushed handle. The screws were bent. The hole on their door was so visibly large that it made Seokjin shriek out in frustration. He had been dealing with paperwork, and he was not gonna deal with troublemakers.

Namjoon was just standing, looki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter