✨Hidden Colors

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi sighed, tired. He hadn’t expected to encounter Kim Namjoon right at the door of his class chatting so carefree with a member of the student council. And much less did he expect that look of contempt that he gave him when Yoongi talked to him. Well, he thought, his father was right in the end. The Kim family was a bunch of ungrateful people. He went to the vending machine that was near the cafeteria’s door to get an iced coffee, when he heard a roaring laughter coming from inside, along as if someone was slamming stuff against a table. He sticked his head out the door, wondering who was causing such a ruckus, and squinted his eyes. Jungkook was there. And he was with those two kids they had met in the entrance of the school. Surprised, Yoongi looked at his watch. Jungkook was supposed to be in his History of Magic class right then.

“Oh, hell no,” he muttered as he grabbed his can of coffee and entered the cafeteria.

With a quick pace, he arrived at the table where the three of them were, laughing at some stupidity for sure, Yoongi thought. Jungkook looked up.

“Hey, hyung!” he beamed.

“Don’t you ‘hey hyung’ me! What are you doing here?”

“What? I’m just hanging out with Jimin and Taehyung,” he said, shrugging his shoulders in a defensive way.

“Min Yoongi!” exclaimed the boy with tanned skin and a boxy smile. If he remembered right, he was Kim Taehyung. “That’s you, right? At least, that’s what your tag said.” Yoongi just stared at him.

“Yeah, that’s his name…” Jungkook muttered.

“You,” Yoongi said, pointing a finger towards Jungkook, “you shouldn’t be here.”

“Dude, he’s just skipping a class, relax. Are you his father or something?” the boy of round cheeks said. Was he Park Jimin then?

“Shut the up,” responded Yoongi, glaring at him. Jimin flinched as if he had received an electric shock, and looked at the floor. Weird. He wasn’t being that harsh, was he?

“I’m sorry, hyung. I won’t do it again,” the youngest said in a low tone.

“Well, it’s not like he can go now to that class,” Taehyung commented, “I mean, it’s been almost half an hour.”

Yoongi looked at his watch again to verify that, and he sighed, defeated. He sat in front of Jungkook, joining them. Jungkook beamed at him.

“Does that mean I can stay here?”

“Just this once. Don’t skip class again,” he warned.

“Wow, you do behave like his parent,” Taehyung chuckled.

“He has duties to fulfill,” he muttered low enough for no one to hear. He was about to open his can of coffee when suddenly the can started to bend and twist, exploding in his hand and soaking his sleeve with cold coffee. This was the reason why he didn’t like to get upset: using his powers unintentionally was really inconvenient. He slammed his head against the table and groaned.

“Oh wow, you can bend metal? That’s pretty cool,” said Jimin.

“Yeah, it’s great,” the older muttered, sarcastic.

Jimin fiddled with his hands, uneasy. “Uh, well, I’ll get you some tissues so you can clean your shirt...”

“Nah, don’t bother, I had to wash this shirt anyway.”

“Here, hyung,” the raven-haired boy said, offering his hand, “let me at least dry it.”

“I don’t want to provoke a fire in the cafeteria, thanks.”

“Would you please stop treating me like a baby! I think I am capable to dry a goddamn piece of cloth, jeez.” The boy made the slightest shrink when he saw his hyung staring at him when he swore, but after that, Yoongi offered him his stained sleeve and he made a small, flickering flame to start drying the shirt.

“Wait, so you have fire powers!? Man, you’re like the coolest couple I’ve ever known!” Taehyung said, excited.

Hearing this, Yoongi shot his eyes wide open, and Jungkook almost set his shirt on fire.

“W-we’re not a couple!” Jungkook exclaimed, flustered.

“What the made you think that?” Yoongi squawked.

“Really?” Taehyung wondered, confused.

“No!” both said in unison.

“Ah, sorry then. You just give a kind of loving and caring aura with each other? Maybe I’m just imagining things.”

“Well, Jungkook is like my little brother…” Yoongi mumbled while scratching the back of his neck.

“Yeah, we grew up together.”

“Oh, that makes sense. Chimchim and I are also childhood friends!” Taehyung beamed.

“Really?” Yoongi smirked, amused. “Who would’ve thought, huh, Chimchim?”

Jimin ducked his head, embarrassed, while the rest of them laughed, and he just started to sip at his juice box like it was the most interesting thing to do in the cafeteria.

“Well,” Jungkook said, “you already know our powers. What are yours?”

“Oh,” Jimin raised his head, “well, Tae is basically a Disney princess.”

“What?” Jungkook snorted. “What does that even mean?”

“It means,” Taehyung said as he put his head on his hands, “that I’m pretty.”

Jimin scoffed. “Yeah, keep dreaming.”

“Shut up, I am! Right, Jungkook?” Taehyung turned around to look at the aforementioned, and he just batted his lashes with a dreamy look while he got his face a little closer for Jungkook to see.

“Uh…” Jungkook leaned a bit backwards, ears pink. Maybe too close.

“Don’t mind him, Jungkook.” Taehyung pouted when he heard that. “I just meant that he can talk to animals.”

“Wait, seriously?”

“Yep. You’d be surprised about what some animals would like to say sometimes,” the tanned boy responded as he leaned back.

“Huh,” Yoongi crossed his arms, thoughtful.

“And what about you, Jimin?”

“Oh, Jimin has super strength!” Taehyung said, proud.

“Really?” Yoongi asked. Jimin nodded sheepishly, still looking at his juice box. “You don’t look like it.”

“Yeah, when someone tells me about super strength I imagine a tall, bulky guy, not a… mochi,” Jungkook commented. Taehyung started cackling, while Yoongi tried to hide his smirk. Jimin stood up, outraged.

“Who are you calling mochi, you brat!”

“I can’t believe I didn’t think of that nickname myself,” Taehyung laughed. “You are a literal mochi!”

Jimin just stared at his friend. “I can’t believe you.”

“What? It’s cute.”

“Ah, betrayed by my best friend!” the boy said as he grabbed his chest and collapsed on the table in a dramatic way. Taehyung chuckled.

“Hey, guys,” Jungkook interrupted. That sentence Jimin said had triggered his memory from before. “Have you ever read Hamlet?”

Both second years raised their heads to look at him, curious. Yoongi did the same, squinting his eyes at him.

“Yeah, sure,” Jimin answered.

“Okay, then, do you think Hamlet’s revenge is righteous?”

“Of course it is,” Taehyung immediately responds. “Claudius was a traitor and a murderer.”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought at first, but…”

“Personally I think it’s stupid,” Jimin interrupted.

“What? Why?” Taehyung said, surprised.

“Well, he becomes obsessed with it, even mad, and he ends up hurting and killing everyone, himself included. Not the best course of action to get justice, if you ask me.”

“See? That’s what the girl from before told me!”

“What? Who?” Yoongi asked.

“Ah, before Taehyung came to the cafeteria some girl approached me and started to talk to me about Hamlet…”

“Oooh, our Jungkookie has been flirting!” Taehyung chirped, making the younger blush and the older snort. “What was her name?” He asked, wiggling his eyebrows at him.

“Shut up, it wasn’t like that! She was really strange. I guess she’s an upperclassmen because she told me to call her Min-noona? Then out of the blue she started to ask me something like what would I do if someone I loved was killed by someone I trust the most? I don’t know, she was a bit of a weirdo… Hyung?” Jungkook hadn’t noticed that as he spoke, Yoongi’s face had become pale, and he was clenching his fists, knuckles almost white. He looked shaken, lips forming a thin, straight line. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

Yoongi shaked his head, attempting to be calm again. “It’s nothing.”

Maybe he didn’t notice that he was still with his fists clenched, but Jimin did. He got up, approached him and gently put his hand on one of his fists. “Are you okay?” he said, softly. Yoongi looked up.

And then their eyes met.

There was a reason why Jimin had been avoiding to look up since he saw the older one enter the cafeteria and approach their table. Jimin was perfectly capable of controlling his powers; he was even better at controlling his past reading than his strength. But the last time he saw Yoongi in the eyes, without wanting it, he had seen a fragment of his past. And he wasn’t the kind of person interested in knowing other people’s private business. This time, it happened again: he unintentionally saw. There was pain, darkness, and a pleading voice.

“I’m sorry, Mino… If I don’t do this, I can’t protect Jungkook.”

Was that Yoongi crying? Jimin wasn’t sure. He was feeling dizzy, and the screams weren’t helping. What he didn’t realize was that he was the one screaming, right there in the cafeteria, before succumbing into his own darkness and collapsing on the floor.

 

 

Hoseok took a deep breath before entering the headmistress’ office. He didn’t like the oppressive air he felt every time he entered that room. Although maybe that was caused by the headmistress herself. He wasn’t really sure, and he didn’t really think too much about that. He didn’t like headaches either.

“Did you call for me, Mrs. Choi?” he politely asked before entering the room.

The headmistress wasn’t alone. That Yoongi guy was there too, and his aura was purple. Stress , Hoseok immediately related.

“Oh, yes! Please come in. Yoongi, you can retire now,” Mrs. Choi said in a placid tone. Yoongi made a polite bow, and he exited the room, bumping his shoulder with Hoseok’s before reaching the door.  .

“What can I do for you, headmistress?” Hoseok said, bowing his head.

“Well, are you aware of the incident that happened in the cafeteria an hour ago?”

“Ah, yes…” How could he not be aware of that when the whole school was talking about it? “The student Park Jimin collapsed without reason. The people in the cafeteria said that he seemed in a lot of pain, but no one saw anyone hurting him.”

The headmistress hummed. “How is he now?”

“They took him to the nursery room. Kim Seokjin is with him right now.”

“Then he is in good hands.”

“Yes, I believe so,” Hoseok affirmed. He didn’t know why, but this made him feel uncomfortable. Since when was the headmistress so interested in the students who weren’t top of the class?

“Well, then I have a little assignment for you.”

“Yes?”

“I already talked to Kim Seokjin about this, but I trust that you could help him a bit. It is important to keep an eye on some new students that arrived this year, and one of those students is Park Jimin. Since you have the most similar power to a, let’s say, ‘truth detector’, I’d like you to find out what Park Jimin’s hidden power is. I suspect that his collapsing had something to do with it.”

Oh, there you go. Of course her worry would have an ulterior motive. She was the kind of woman who needed to have control over everything. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter