✨First Steps

Strange Magic: BTS Begins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever wondered... If you were ever born with something out of the box, would you make something out of it? Or would you think you were born with it for no reason? Seems like you have something in your hands that you think is useless, and however, you are born with such talent not to think of it useless, but to nurture and show it to the world.

Mages. Yes, of course. Those humans were born with a gift. Partially non-human, those people are the ones that were born with gifts for no reason at all, or so they think. Mages are known for their power to rule over something, to do something extraordinary.

Mages learn to control powers, make potions and witchcraft. To master and enhance the usage of magic for safe precaution.

Hundred of years ago, there was a great barrier of hatred between the humans and the mages, for they believed mages were a great misfortune to our home. To have such great ability can cause a person harm. With the thought of Mages ruling over the human realm, they were afraid to lose privilege in their world, and so war was declared by foolish humans.

The only way for the Mages to protect their own blood was to vanish their existence from the human realm. The most powerful ones decided to create a realm for them, and they did it. Although both worlds are connected, they should never be intersected. The King of Mages decided to put one single rule.

“Those who cross the line shall take charge of the punishment delivered by Nature, and take control of their own situations; for your fault shall not involve our people.”

Both realms were in peace, and so the history remained behind, untold.

Years passed until we reach the present, and people still live peacefully in both realms. Seven Mages quite too ordinary and seeming too human live in this present. They don’t have a specially fun life or anything, but I have something planned for them. Wanna know the story?

Let’s start with Yoongi, shall we?

In a room, a king size bed was placed in the center. The delicate wooden carvings of the headboard of the bed was what triggered Jungkook the most. He loved the small details, the golden swirls that contrasted well with the polished-marbled floor. He giggled at Yoongi, who was sleeping on his bed, too much for their session last night.

Yoongi had to teach Jungkook some physics, since he really couldn’t go to school when he was a kid which the younger didn’t probably really care about. He looked over at the curled-up brunette, his skin almost the same shading of his cotton-white blanket, his hair sticking up in all different directions.

Jungkook wanted to hover over him. He did. He gently placed himself on top of the elder and lowered down, gripping on the sheets on his side for better support. Gently he breathed in.

“Wake up, hyung~”

Yoongi groaned in a low and annoyed tone, covering his ear with his blanket, shifting farther from the noise. “Hyung! Wake up!” The voice was a loud whisper, carefully trying not to make Yoongi angry. The elder shook his body into the pillow, appreciating how soft Jungkook’s bed was- Yoongi gladly switched the detergent they had been using for weeks now, and god... He was so glad he did it. He hated the smell it had before.

A few minutes later he felt those big hands creeping up to his shoulders shaking him non-stop, his bed creaking made it even worse. “ off,” Yoongi grumbled.

“But hyung, you need to pack for your things!” The voice happily said. The elder got even more irritated and covered his ears with the side of his pillow. Warmth started to coil beneath his cheeks, his skin turning rosy as his sweat trickled down from his forehead.

“What the actual .” Yoongi opened his lids only for his eyes to see upon a fire in deep red shading, hovering over the younger’s hand. Yoongi stirred to his headboard, avoiding the flaming hand of the maknae, serving as light for the now-dim-room. Yoongi breathed out as he looked at Jungkook, his nose scrunching up, he raised a brow. “The you wake me up for?” Yoongi rolled his eyes when he heard Jungkook's honey laugh.

“Today is the day! I just can’t wait, we are moving to the new school!” Jungkook chirped out, carefully not letting the burning flame touch any fabric inside the room. Yoongi sighed and looked out the window.

“What time is it?” Yoongi scratched the back of his neck as he briefly yawned.

“It’s 12:10am.”

“My prince, it’s... Midnight.”

“It’s still morning though.”

“Let me sleep.”

Jungkook pouted.

 

 

“Taehyung-ah!” Jimin always tried to control his powers whenever he touched someone, but sometimes he just couldn’t. Especially when he was getting annoyed. Jimin sighed as he glowered over the sleeping figure.

Taehyung was a heavy sleeper, and it had been bothering Jimin. Lately it was hard for him to wake Taehyung up whenever there were meetings they needed to attend to, especially that day. It was not a regular day.

Jimin slapped Taehyung’s back, resulting for the younger one to jump and shriek. Taehyung swore he just heard his backbone cracking and maybe a few nerves snapping. uuHis mouth fell open as he slowly massaged his back in circles. “H-Holy.... I think my spine is broken.” Taehyung shut his eyes close, baring the pain Jimin just brought him. Jimin growled and stomped his feet to the ground.

“Today we are moving to Hunford Academy.”

“Hunford?” Taehyung tilted his head to the side.

Jimin groaned and rolled his eyes “Yes! Hunford. You know? The prestigious school for mages. Ring any bells?”

Jimin was about to pull Taehyung out of his bed but stopped with a meowing sound coming from the corner of the room. The cat’s paws stepped on the carpet as it showed off its silver collar that went well with his grey fur. Looking at Jimin with eyes of disagreement, the cat narrowed its eyes before marching its way to the bed, climbing the sheets like some acrobat.

The cat purred as it rested its head on Taehyung’s lap. Jimin arched a brow, “That cat doesn't like y men.”

“You mean ty men?” Taehyung scoffed. The cat looked like it was nodding its head so Jimin raised his hands to hit the cat, but he was greeted with a snarl. “Jimin, Turnip said you’re not her type.”

Jimin almost choked with his own saliva.

“What?”

“Turnip said she doesn’t like you.”

“I hate you, your cat, and your powers.”

“I don’t know hyung, I think you’d still love me no matter what happens.” Taehyung chuckled. Jimin turned around and grabbed one of his favorite pullover hoodies. He turned the cold doorknob and went out, fresh air greeting him.

“Oh.” He went back in and reminded Taehyung of something he forgot to say. “Tae, pack your things.”

 

 

In the cold wooden desk he sat, intertwining his fingers as he fiddled them, amused.

“What’s in your mind, Seokjin-hyung?” Namjoon flopped down on the white sofa, still mesmerized by the marbled floor and polished wooden walls. They seemed too regal for them. The cold air sent a thousand chills down his spine, as if his thick-fabric blazer was not enough. Seokjin used to be the vice president, but the last president graduated from the academy leaving all the pressure to him. Yet he couldn’t complain as long as he got his trustworthy companion, Namjoon.

Namjoon was known for his infamous intellectual ability; some called him the son of Albert Einstein. Due to his ability of memorizing in a short amount of period, Seokjin had always trusted him with the schedules and the words of the headmistress. Both came from a prestigious family, an honor for being one of the most greatest mages. Knowing different kinds of forbidden spells made their family’s reputation quite known.

Seokjin ran his fingers through his brown locks, breathing out heavily as if showing a sign of depression. Namjoon arched a brow. He wasn’t really the type of guy to stay quiet and let the problems course through his mind. Namjoon gave a slight smile.

“Is there a problem, hyung?” Seokjin beamed at Namjoon and shook his head to reassure the younger one.

“Oh nothing, just worried about the new students is all.” Seokjin hummed in satisfaction when he flipped through the records of the new students’ behaviors.

“What do you think, hyung, do you think there will be any trouble this year?” Namjoon rested his hand over the arm of the chair, comfortably as he shifted his body in a much more soothing position.

“Well, if we exclude those kids the headmistress almost expelled... It’ll be a great pain in the if they cause much more trouble this year... Not like I can do anything about their abnormality.” Seokjin chuckled and rolled his eyes followed by Namjoon giving a small laugh.

The door creaked as it was being open, grabbing the attention of the both of them. “Namjoon, it would be nice if you didn’t leave me there hanging in front of Mr. Clark. Just be glad I could actually escape a detention with a single smile.” Hoseok appeared to be annoyed, with a hint of disappointment in his tone. Seokjin raised an eyebrow, looking at Namjoon, demanding an explanation over the events that happened earlier.

Namjoon bit down on his lower lip and sheepishly smiled. “Can’t we just forget about this?” he groaned.

“Namjoon, you are smart enough to do things correctly, you know the rules. What have you done this time?” The elder stood up from his chair and walked in front of Namjoon, resting his palm over his hips, glowering over him. The latter tried to look around for excuses, but at that rate, even his fast thinking wasn’t really that useful at the moment.

Hoseok tapped his foot on the carpet floor and sighed. “He spat things in front of Mr. Clark’s face with how he was wrong with his formula on how to solve the Calculus thingy that I didn’t give a damn about.”

With the trouble spilled out, Namjoon could only stare down the ground whilst Seokjin sighing in frustration. “I didn’t really mean to do that, I was just defending my answer.” Namjoon deadpanned.

“The professor told me in full details!” Hoseok blamed back.

“Well,” Namjoon looked to the ground, “.”

“Hey! No cussing!” Seokjin snapped, looking angrily over Namjoon.

“S-Sorry.” Namjoon apologized.

The door swung open, grabbing the attention of them. “Mr. Kim.” The headmistress appeared to be serious, as always, with her mischievous beauty and elegance; with that dark aura always surrounding her, it made people turn their heads. Namjoon and Seokjin both looked at her direction.

“Yes?” both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter