What is Going on Here?

Out of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maeri’s face and feet felt heavy as she sat in a waiting room on one of the upper floors of the SM Entertainment Building. Upon arrival, Hana had ushered her back out the front doors to a nearby beauty salon where they trimmed and styles her hair as well as plastering on more makeup than the girl had ever worn in her life. Then being steered into a dressing room at the Office building again, she had been squeezed into a gauzy white dress that descended to around her knees and a pair of black high heeled sandals. The dress was easy enough to bear with, but the shoes took a few minutes to get used to. Not that Maeri never wore heels, but these were higher than any her father had ever let her get away with purchasing. Adding to her irritation from the make up and the shoes, Maeri was being forced to wait for others. Hana had disappeared into a nearby office to discuss with the music video director some shots that they should and should not take after Maeri had been approved as “passable” to fill the role of the female lead. However, Hana and the director were not the people she was being forced to wait for. She was waiting for the stars of the music video, EXO to arrive. She had been told the three of them were running late from an interview across town and that once they arrived and did the screen test, the four young people and the music video production staff would go over the plot for the video.

With a sigh and an eye roll, Maeri slouched and leaned back in her chair. “What am I even doing here?” She thought. “I need to be looking for Baekhyun and figuring out who I am supposed to be in this time.”

“Why are you looking for Baekhyun? Do you know him?” A high pitched female voice spoke up as the owner dropped into the seat next to her. “My name is Sunny and you must be Maeri. Hana keeps thinking about you and how perfect it was that she found you.”

“You know it is not nice to read people’s minds.” Maeri replied before realizing how rude she must sound to the stranger. “Sorry. I don’t mean to be rude, but I have other things to be doing.”

“Well, you just closed you mind so I can’t read you any more,” Maeri was somewhat surprised she had managed to block someone with a mind reading gift so quickly. At home during her lessons, she had always taken at least a minute or two for the spell to kick in. “Anyways, you will see Baekhyun soon enough.”

“Sunny are you psychic too?”

“No, silly. You are working with EXO and they will be here soon.”

“But how does me working with EXO mean that will see Baekhyun soon?”

“Uh, duh. Baekhyun is in EXO.”

Maeri sat up a little straighter at that. “Um. There is no way we are talking about the same Baekhyun. I suppose it is a common enough name. The Baekhyun I am looking for is a vampire and I am not even sure there he now except that he is in Korea.”

Sunny was starting to lose her endless smile. “No. I am totally convinced it is same Baekhyun. There is only one vampire named Baekhyun and you managed to find him.”

“Wait… Baekhyun is in a boyband? He is a singer in a boyband! Oh my gosh, if the guys heard this they would die laughing.”

“What is wrong with being in a boyband?” Sunny mumbled but turned her head away as her name was called from down the hall. “Well, I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter