When the Truth Came Out

Out of Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maeri was rendered speechless and after dropping such a bomb, even the officers seemed reluctant to shatter her reality even further. Unfortunately, someone from the hallway did not have the same hesitation and a loud knock sounded at the mirror. Maeri jumped and Taeyeon sighed sharing a glance with her partner.

 

“Well, I guess the show is about to begin. Brace yourself Maeri, you are about to hear a lot of truths that have been hidden from you.”

 

Before the girl could even ask what the elder meant, Jungmo knocked on the mirror and it lit up so the three were able to see the other side. Maeri had the passing thought, “I must not be on the interrogation side of the window after all.” But it was quickly forgotten as she saw exactly who was in the other side of the window… Minhyuk and Baekhyun! Not only were they in the true interrogation room, but they were cuffed to their chairs. Minhyuk in lead cuffs and Baekhyun in silver, blocking their respective abilities.

 

“What are you doing to them?” Maeri cried and rushed toward the window in hopes of seeing her father and dear friend more clearly. “Why are they chained?”

 

Jungmo wrapped an arm around the girl’s shoulder to keep her from making contact with the glass and alerting the men on the other side of her presence. Under his strong grip she was forced to watch as the door in the other room opened and Taeyeon strolled in. The special agent had apparently slipped out of her room while Maeri was rendered speechless.

 

“Minhyuk Kim and Baekhyun Byun. You have been keeping secrets from the government, have you not?” Maeri was spared Taeyeon's intimidating smirk because the agent stood with her back to the window, but the men were subjected to it full force. Minhyuk clammed up to prevent saying anything that may endanger his daughter from the government, however Baekhyun had something else on his mind.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, I thought you were dead by now! Guess your vampire genes gave you a longer life than I thought! Were you just hiding in a military office all this time?”

 

The agent replied likewise in Korean, “Byun Baekhyun, it has been a while. Since just after the Integration I suppose. Kind of sad for a pair of former lovers to reunite this way, I guess.”

 

“Hardly. You know how those days worked, and I would hardly call us lovers since we were together for such a short time. It was the only way for the both of us to survive anyhow.”

 

“I can see that my other guest is a bit more nervous around me than you are, Baekhyun. I hope you are not relying too much on our past together to think you will not be in any trouble.”

 

“Not at all, Tae. I know I committed no crime in all of this, if anything, I have helped protect her in the present time. I have trust in time's power and believe that the timeline will be correctly soon. You know as well as I do that she is about the right age and she looks the almost the same. You didn't know her well, but even you should be able to tell that when you think back to our childhoods. She has learned well and is prepared to survive when she should be.”

 

“You are far too complacent in all of this. Is there a reason you want her to go back that I do not know about.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter