Reconciled

Against All Odds

          Jihoon stretched her arms and legs. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She was amazed at the extreme headache she's experiencing right now. She could feel her head pounding like her brain is gonna jump out of her head. Jihoon stretched her arms again and sighed deeply, she was concentrating on her breathing and she slowly opened her eyes.

           "Waaaahhh!" Jihoon screamed and covered herself. She went inside the covers and tried so hard on remembering how she ended up in this place despite her headache. She bit her fingers and curled her body like a ball phyton would. "How did I end up here?" Jihoon asked to no one in a panicked manner.

            "Of all places....really? Lee Jihoon."

          "This is worse than sleeping on the streets!"

 

"Argh!" Jihoon growled in frustration. She removed the comforter that was covering her and rolled from side to side. If there was someone who was there at that very moment, they might conclude that Jihoon is crazy. Jihoon kept on rolling and thinking what would she do, how'd she end up there and how on earth did he find out where she was. Jihoon was so busy thinking that she didn't realized that she was near the edge of the bed....a loud thud followed....

"Ouch!" Jihoon said while caressing her . The door flew opened and there....he was standing at the doorstep.

           "Are you okay?" Jihoon rolled her eyes at his question. How can someone be okay after falling off the bed. It was one of the stupidest question she had ever heard. If her head wasn't trying to kill her, she would have kicked the man in front of her. She hated him anyways, no need to try and like him.

            “No, actually I enjoy falling. It doesn't hurt at all." Jihoon sarcastically said. Obviously annoyed at the man who is leaning on the door frame. Jihoon had the urge to throw a pillow at him but she decided not to. She was inside his apartment anyways.

"Okay. You said so. Aren't you gonna stand up? The floor is cold, you might get sick." The man said with a hint of concern. Jihoon didn't care anyways. Jihoon looked at the man, "Don't mind me....I was just on my home." Jihoon immediately stood up, pat her clothes and gently walked outside if the room, she was still experiencing headache tho.

          "Stay here for lunch?" Jihoon turned around and said,

          "No need. I have somewhere I got to go." Jihoon immediate left the place, without saying anything or thanking him for the kindness he had showed her. Jihoon was not in a thanking mood anyways. She quickly left the building, her head was pounding. She cursed, why did she drank too much. Jihoon was never a drinker because of her low alcohol tolerance. She doesn't like the feeling of puking and therefore, she never gets wasted. She was on the verge of vomiting, good thing there was a uncrowded place around the corner. She immediately went to the corner and started puking. She didn't care if there where some bystanders, she cursed her stomach for being a lousy drinker. If only she had a metal stomach like her friends, especially like Mineseok, she wouldn't have much of a hard time right now or waking up to other people's apartments.

Jihoon was busy puking that she didn't noticed the man standing behind her....he held back Jihoon's hair and caressed her back. After a few more minutes, Jihoon finished and turned in order to properly thank the guy, she was shocked at what she saw.... "Seungcheol? What are you doing here?" Jihoon asked wiping with the back of her palm.

          "I was just around the neighborhood when I saw you. It looked like you needed help..."He said.

          "Thank you..." Jihoon said and bowed her head. She looked up, Seungcheol was always there when Jihoon needed help.

           "Let me guess, you partied and caroused hard yesterday." Seungcheol blandly asked. Jihoon looked down, ashamed of what had happened.

           "I told you not to party hard right. You have low alcohol tolerance yet you still drank. You know that a lot of bad things happen when you drink." Seungcheol said. He was lecturing Jihoon, always had, always will. Jihoon thought that it was his favorite hobby, to lecture everyone especially Jihoon. Jihoon couldn't complain because Seungcheol was always right even when they were still together. He was always right. Jihoon just kept her head down, trying not to look at Seungcheol who was still busy lecturing her. Seungcheol sighed. "You're a big girl now, I suppose you can handle yourself...." Seungcheol said he turned around and was about to walk when he suddenly remembered something.

He stopped and looked at Jihoon who is still looking down,"We have a company outing, don't forget it. Details will be texted to you." He said and left Jihoon. Jihoon started walking back to her apartment. To be totally honest, Jihoon has no idea where she was. She when it comes to directions. Jihoon tried her best to act normal despite her aching head and the anxiety that is building up. A car stopped in front of Jihoon.

"Get in." Seungcheol commanded. Jihoon looked around to confirm if Seungcheol was talking to her. When she concluded it, she finally opened the door and got in. Seungcheol started driving. Silence creeped into the car. Jihoon thought why was Seungcheol being nice to her all of a sudden. Seungcheol had always been nice to her, even before the incident. He was always there for her. Jihoon felt uncomfortable, she is with her ex for crying out loud. Her ex is taking her to her apartment.

          "Seungcheol..." Jihoon started talking. She decided on asking him why was he being so nice to her.

          "What?" Seungcheol asked, focusing on the road. He was busy driving and didn't noticed that Jihoon was looking at him.

          "Uhm, why are you being so nice to me?" Jihoon tried her best not to feel nervous. She didn't know the answer to her question. They didn't had any proper closure or break up so technically speaking, they are still together.

          "Your friends texted me. Asked me if I was with you...they're concerned. You were lost and they looked for you all night long." Seungcheol said. Jihoon didn't know what to reply, she decided not to talk. Various thoughts filled her head. Why did Seungcheol had contact with her friends? Jihoon looked at Seungcheol...if only that didn't happen....will we still be together?

 

~

 

It was a hot day indeed, the sun was shinning so bright. The sound of waves lingered the beach and the smell of the ocean wafted the area. It was a beautiful day. A lot of people enjoyed the beach, there were people playing beach volleyball, kids building sand castles of various shapes and sizes, people swimming, girls trying to get themselves a tan. Those are the common scenarios at the beach. It was the perfect place for a company outing.

"Unnie." Sohye came running. Sohye is Jihoon's best friend and only friend at work. Sohye adored Jihoon so much. She wanted to be like her.

          "Sohye...." Jihoon said.

"Unnie, you love the beach don't you? Isn't it great that our company outing is here?" Sohye said while clinging her arm on Jihoon.

"Yeah, I do love the beach." Jihoon smiled lightly, she remembered the last time she got to see the beach...it was only through pictures from the internet. She wanted to go at beaches but never had the chance to. Her mother was very sick but loved the beach...Jihoon wanted to see the beach together with her mom.

          Sohye dragged Jihoon to the villa that they will stay. The owner of the villa was non other than, their boss Choi Seungcheol. It shows how rich Seungcheol's family is. "Our boss is really rich right unnie." Sohye said in amusement.

She was busy scanning the place. It was indeed a beautiful villa. "Yes, he is." Jihoon said. Once they are settled, Jihoon went outside. She took a stroll at the beach. She imagined what if her mom was with her....she will be happy for sure. Jihoon found a sheltered bench, she sat down and closed her eyes.

 

          "Why are you here?" Jihoon opened her eyes and looked at the one who talked. She closed her eyes again. It was Seungcheol anyways.

          "I didn't feel like staying at your villa or hanging out with the others." Jihoon said.

"Anti-social as ever." Seungcheol said and sat beside Jihoon. They were both quiet, as usual...

          "Seungcheol...." Jihoon said in a soft voice.

"Yes?" Seungcheol asked Jihoon. He looked at Jihoon who was now looking far away. She was looking at the ocean and it's marvelous waves.

          "Do you think I will be able to bring my mom here?" Jihoon asked Seungcheol on the verge of tears. Jihoon becomes a sensitive little girl when it comes to her mom. Seungcheol didn't know what to respond. He had known Jihoon's mom and got to see her only in pictures. When Jihoon and Seungcheol were still together, Jihoon would often mention her mom to Seungcheol and Seungcheol loved how Jihoon's eyes sparkles at that topic. He loved the way she shares stories of her mom and the way she tells them. Seungcheol looked at Jihoon who was now looking at him. It was obvious that Jihoon wanted someone to comfort her, tell her that everything will be okay and she will be able to bring her mom at the beach someday. She would like someone to tell her that even if she knows it's a long shot and she will need a huge miracle, but Jihoon didn't care because in comforting words brings hope, it gives people the motivation to believe even if some of them are just sugar coated lies.

          "Yes. I believe that someday that will happen, so you have to be strong, okay. For the both of you." Seungcheol said while wiping the tears that was formed in Jihoon's face. Jihoon smiled at what she heard. She rested her head on Seungcheol's shoulder's and Seungcheol caressed Jihoon's back. Everything was perfect...they were in each other's arms while watching the beautiful sunset.