Wanna bet

Against All Odds


Mom?" Jihoon asked. Her mother didn't replied.


"Why is she not replying?" Jihoon asked her uncle and her uncle didn't respond to her.


"Mom, wake up....please." Jihoon said in the verge of tears. Jihoon scanned the room and saw a lot of tubes attached to the machine. She never knew what those are for. She looked at her mom. Her mom has a very angelic face and a very bright smile. A tear dropped down Jihoon's eyes. The doctor came in and asked to speak with Jihoon's uncle. Jihoon was then sent home without saying good bye to her mother. She has no idea that it will be the last time that she'll be able to see her.
Jihoon woke up, panting. She had a nightmare, a nightmare that became a reality. She was around five years old when that happened. It had always been haunting her in her sleep. Jihoon looked at her sleeping mom. She looked so peaceful, so beautiful.

 

"Had a bad dream?" Hani said coming out of nowhere. She was carrying a plastic bag containing food. It has been three days since she texted Jihoon, three days since Jihoon was with Seungcheol and three days since her memories started to haunt her.

 

"Yes....I guess, it was just a nightmare..." Jihoon responded, she still looked stress. She hasn't had a descent sleep since she got at the hospital, she hasn't even showered for three days already. She sat beside her mom all the time.

 

"Well, nightmares are usually the realities we try to avoid...."Hani said as she prepared food for the both of them.

 

"And sweet dreams are the realities we wish we had...."Jihoon said as she accepted the food that Hani was giving her.

 

"I wish she would wake up....I missed her so much." Jihoon said.

 

"Yes, we all do...." Hani replied.


~

 


"Do you want anything?" Jihoon suddenly woke up. She saw Hani talking to someone, he was a tall man and he seemed really familiar to Jihoon. Jihoon rubbed her eyes in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she's seeing. She blinked again and again, she was really convinced that she was only having hallucinations due to her lack of sleep.

 

"No matter how many times you blink, he is not a hallucination....jiji." Hani said, she noticed the constant blinking of Jihoon, if it wasn't so rude, she would have laughed really hard.

 

"Ah! What are you doing here?" Jihoon snapped out and hid under the pillow. The pillow was big enough to cover her face from Seungcheol. Seungcheol tried so hard not to laugh.

 

"Well, you haven't texted me for three days, I was really worried...."Seungcheol said.

 

"How'd you know where I was?" Jihoon asked still covering her face.

 

"I have connections....why are you hiding your face?" Seungcheol asked.

 

"Well...I am in no condition to face you right now, I haven't showered for three days...." Jihoon shyly admitted.

 

"Come on, let me see your face..." Seungcheol said while trying to snatch the pillow from Jihoon.

 

"See, it's not that bad." Seungcheol said as he fixed Jihoon's messy hair and wiped Jihoon's face with his handkerchief.

 

"You guys should really get a room....listen, Jiji, I think it's best if you go home and get some clothes, you also need to take a shower and a break...it'll be good for you. I'll take care of your mom and text you for updates. I want you to rest....okay?" Hani said. Jihoon was having second thoughts whether she would follow Hani's suggestion or not. She looked at Seungcheol and he smiled.

 

"Okay..." Jihoon simply said and Hani smiled.

 


~

 

"Relax....your mom is gonna be fine...." Seungcheol said while cooking. They were at Jihoon's apartment, Jihoon just finished having a shower while Seungcheol on the other hand was busy cooking for Jihoon.

 

"Yeah....I sure hope so." Jihoon said. She was wearing one of Seungcheol's shirt and shorts. She looked so cute in Seungcheol's clothes with wet hair. Jihoon sat and kicked her legs continuously.

 

"Come here...." Seungcheol said as she turned around to face Jihoon. Jihoon do what she was told and stood in front of Seungcheol. Seungcheol caressed Jihoon's head and smiled at her. He fixed Jihoon's wet pink hair, tucked it behind Jihoon's ear.


"Based on your stories, your mom is quite a fighter....both of you will get through this...okay?" Seungcheol said as he held Jihoon's cheeks. Jihoon nodded and Seungcheol kissed her on her head.

 

"Besides, your not alone, Hani noona and I will be with you every step of the way." Seungcheol said and smiled at Jihoon. Jihoon tightly hugged Seungcheol as if he was about to leave her. Seungcheol just caressed her back and tried his best on comforting her. They stayed like that for a while.

 

"Go back to cooking, you might burn it." Jihoon said as he released Seungcheol and turned him around. She was about to get back to her seat when Seungcheol grabbed her by her arm causing her to hit Seungcheol's muscles.

 

"After not texting me for three day, you...Ms. Lee Jihoon, you're not going anywhere." Seungcheol said.

 

"You cannot cook with just one hand..." Jihoon said, she was challenging Seungcheol and Seungcheol, being the competitive person he is....accepted Jihoon's challenge.

 

"Oh yes, I can...." Seungcheol said.

 

"Wanna bet?" Jihoon asked with confidence.

 

"Sure...what do you want?" Seungcheol also asked with confidence.

 

"Well...if I win, you will be my slave for the rest of the month." Jihoon said with a smirk. She knew how Seungcheol hatted to be bossed around.

 

"Okay....but if I win....you have to....be with me until we die..." Seungcheol said.

 

"What?" Jihoon asked with confusion.

 

"If I win...you have to marry me." Seungcheol said.

 

"Is that how you propose to your girlfriend? Shame...Mr. Choi, such a shame." Jihoon said in dismay.

 

"Of course this is just an agreement...I will still propose to you of course..." Seungcheol said. Jihoon remained quiet. "Looks like someone is a chicken...." Seungcheol added. Jihoon still remained quiet, will she risk her entire future just for this bet? Don't get her wrong, she love Seungcheol very much but is she willing to commit herself....in the end, it was Seungcheol anyways...Seungcheol who is always there for her, Seungcheol who she really and truly loved...

 

"Deal!" Jihoon said and they both shake hands with each other.

 

At the end of the day, Seungcheol won the bet. He proved to Jihoon that it was possible to cook with just one hand or is it because if he won, the price is a good catch. They ate the food and cuddled with each other. They missed each other and for the first time in three days, Jihoon was happy, she got enough rest and she didn't have to worry about her sick mother because Seungcheol reminded her that she was not alone in this battle...that Hani and Seungcheol was fighting alongside with her....

 


From: Hani

Jiji, good news, your mom is awake but....she's suffering from Alzheimer's.

 

 

 

 


Author’s note:

Finally! 2nd Semester is already over and it’s officially my summer vacation! Yehey....hahahaha, which means I get to focus more in finishing this story. I want to say thank you for all those who continue on reading this story despite the very slow updates and those who find this story entertaining. I am truly grateful. I am sorry if there are any grammatical errors or wrong spellings because english is not my first language HAHAHAHA. I would also like to inform you that this story only has three chapters left which means it’s almost done. Soooo, stay tuned and once again, thank you for reading this story...have a nice day :)

PS: I am such an awkward person soooo please bare with me.....HAHAHA *insert awkward laugh* :(