Quits?

Against All Odds

 

"Jihoon."

"..."

"Jihoon."

"...."

"Lee Jihoon..."

"..."

"Woozi..."

 

"What?" Jihoon asked irritatingly. She was now at the office, Seungcheol made it clear via text that she was not fired. Jihoon immediately got back to work because she needed money.

"Are you still mad at me?" Seungcheol asked.

"With what you did last time? Yes! How dare you barge in my apartment like that. Even if your my boss, you shouldn't barge in someone else's apartment like that and have you forgotten? You freaking left me in this very own office without waking me up!" Jihoon shouted, clearly she still remembered what Seungcheol did to her.

"Oh that...I'm sorry." Seungcheol said.

"Yeah, your sorry. You're always sorry when it comes to me!." Jihoon said.

"How can I make it up to you?" Seungcheol asked. He was now looking at a busy Jihoon.

"Don't talk to me...." Jihoon said.

"Okay." Seungcheol simply said.

 

~

 

Seungcheol didn't dared utter a word the whole day. He kept his word and didn't talk to Jihoon after the incident awhile ago. If he needed something, he asked it to another person, anyone but Jihoon. Jihoon on the other hand, wanted to talk to Seungcheol. She felt guilty with what she said, she only said that because she was angry and she remembered the things Seungcheol had done for her yesterday. The kindness that Seungcheol had shown her yesterday made her feel even more guilty as if she committed a crime. She tried so many attempts on talking to Seungcheol but she always failed. Jihoon was eager to talk to Seungcheol. She wanted to take back everything she had said.

"Uhmm..." Jihoon said, trying to start a conversation but it seems like Seungcheol didn't hear anything.

"Pssst..." Jihoon said but she still didn't get any response from Seungcheol.

Jihoon felt a pang of guilt in her chest. "Mr. Choi Seungcheol...."Jihoon said. Seungcheol didn't even dared to glance at her...Jihoon started to feel annoyed. Seungcheol was overacting about the situation already. Not talking to her because of that simple incident made Jihoon furious. She then stood up, fixed her black fitted skirt which is short by the way....and made her way to Seungcheol.

"SEUNGCHEOL!" Jihoon yelled as she placed her hands on the table. Seungcheol kept himself busy with all his work load...he had worked very hard on ignoring Jihoon.

Jihoon sighed... "You're really gonna make me say it...are you?" Jihoon said whispering. Seungcheol was too engrossed in his laptop that he missed what Jihoon had whispered.

"Scoups...."With that simple word, Seungcheol stopped what he was doing and all his efforts were wasted because of that name.

"Yes, woozi?"

 

 

It was a bright and sunny day. Both Seungcheol and Jihoon went outside to catch the cool air breeze. They went into an open field. It was Jihoon's idea to go to an open field. She missed outside activities....

"Jihoon." Seungcheol called out Jihoon's name. Jihoon looked at him, he was on his way to Jihoon carrying two ice cream cones on each hands.

"What is that?" Jihoon asked. She squinted her eyes, Seungcheol was standing against the light. It made him look like an angel.

"Ice cream, obviously." Seungcheol sarcastically said. Jihoon rolled her eyes at Seungcheol

"I know....what I meant was, why? What is that for?" Jihoon asked.

Seungcheol sat beside Jihoon and handed her the ice cream, it was plain vanilla, Jihoon's favorite...

"To cool down this hot weather." Seungcheol said. He ate his rocky road ice cream. Jihoon looked at Seungcheol, who was busy eating his ice cream.

"Are you trying to melt the ice cream with your stare or me?" Seungcheol asked while eating his ice cream. Jihoon blinked.

"No...I'm just wondering..."

"What?"

"How'd you know..." Seungcheol looked at Jihoon confusedly.

"Know what?"

"My favorites, what I like or dislike...we didn't know each other for a long time and yet you seem to know a lot about me while I on the other hand....don't know anything about you..." Jihoon said.

Seungcheol smiled at the question. He never thought about it. He did knew basic facts about Jihoon, like the things she likes and dislikes, her favorite food, the fact that she cried a lot while watching the movie the notebook...and many more...just simple facts. He simply loved learning new facts about Jihoon. "Hmmm, it's because I'm a good listener. I listen to your pointless dramas and listen to everything that you say....you should get a guy who can pay attention to every word you say." Seungcheol simply said.

Jihoon started to think for a while....she was in deep thought that she didn't realize that Seungcheol was already staring at her. Both of them didn't noticed that their ice cream started to melt.

"Waahhh! Seungcheol!" Jihoon irritatingly said. Sengcheol started laughing.

"Why did you did that?" Jihoon irritatingly asked while wiping the ice cream off of her face. She had the urge to punch Seungcheol in his face.

"Yahhh! COME HERE CHOI SEUNGCHEOL!" Jihoon said as she ran after Seungcheol, Seungcheol immediately got up and ran.

Jihoon angrily chased after Seungcheol and Seungcheol laughingly ran for his life. They looked really cute, running around in circles...it's as if they were back to being kids who plays with all their hearts content.

"Seungcheol....come back here!" Jihoon said while running....she suddenly felt tired and instantly sat down. Seungcheol thought Jihoon collapsed so he ran fast towards Jihoon.

"Are you okay? Is there something wrong?" Seungcheol worriedly asked.

"I'm okay...I'm just exhausted..." Jihoon said. She also grabbed the opportunity to grab Seungcheol and wiped her ice cream on him.

"Jihoon." Seungcheol irrtiatingly said. Jihoon laughed at him.

"Are you sure your okay?" Seungcheol asked again.

"Yes sir yes sir."

"Turn around..." Seungcheol said.

Jihoon followed Seungcheol's orders and turned around. Seungcheol got his handkerchief and tried his best to put it on Jihoon's back without putting up her shirt too high or touching her skin. He faced Jihoon and wiped the beads of sweat that was formed in her face.

"You take care of me too much you know."

"I don't want you to get sick."

"You'll get sick..."

"That's okay, you'll take care of me anyways...right?" Seungcheol smirked at Jihoon, Jihoon rolled her eyes.

"You wish..." Both of them were silent for a while...they stared at sky as the sun sets down. The sky was painted in various shades of orange...it was simply breathtaking. It was the epitome of beauty. It promoted serenity and tranquility.

"Seungcheol..."

"Hmmm..."

"Your future girlfriend is lucky to have you..." Jihoon said while appreciating how beautiful the scenery in front of her.

"Yeah, I think she is." Seungcheol said while looking at Jihoon. They waited for the stars to rise and they were on there way home. They had a very fun day. Both of them enjoyed each other's company and were very much happy when they were together.

"Hey Jihoon." Seungcheol said.

"Yes..."

"Come here...." Seungcheol said as he sat down on the road.

"What are you doing?" Jihoon asked.

"Come...lay down beside me...." Seungcheol said as he laid down on the road. Jihoon followed him but in the opposite direction (There position is like hazel and agustus position in the fault in the stars)

"Look at the stars...see how they shine for you..." Seungcheol quoted.

"What are we even doing here?" Jihoon asked.

"Hnmm, relaxing."

"What the..."

"Yes, this is relaxing."

"How is this relaxing?" Jihoon asked. She looked at Seungcheol and Sengcheol looked at her in return. Both of their faces was now inches apart...they could hear each other's breathing. No one is awkward with their personal space that's slowly vanishing....

"It's relaxing looking at your pretty face..." Seungcheol confessed.

"Oh, how flattering..." Jihoon said trying too hard not to blush, who wouldn't right? A very attractive young man, saying flattery things to you, under the starlight...it's soo, unexpected. Anyone would blush.

"Yeah...woozi." Jihoon looked at Seungcheol in confussion....why on earth would Seungcheol call her Woozi?

"Woozi?' She asked.

"Yes, woozi...that's my personal nickname for you..."

"Why Woozi...."

"Because you look like a Woozi."

"Wow, Seungcheol...that logic." Jihoon blandly said. It was really weird, Jihoon thought.

"Well, you know the movie the fault in our stars right...."

"Yeah...why?" Jihoon asked at a seemingly overexcited Seungcheol. Jihoon got a good look at Seungcheol. He was really indeed striking.

"Maybe Woozi will be our always..." Seungcheol said and winked.

"Nope." Jihoon said in such an uninterested way.

"What?"

"I won't let you call me Woozi." Jihoon said pokerfaced. There was no way she would let him call her Woozi....

"Why not." Seungcheol pouted....

"Well, if you will let me call you hmmm....scoups..." Jihoon thought

"Why scoups." Seungcehol looked at Jihoon with admiration. He admired the way Jihoon thinks, talks, pouts...everything.

"Because you know what ice cream flavor I like..."Jihoon simply said.

"Huh?"

"There only a few people who knows what kind of ice cream flavor I like." Jihoon bluntly said.

"Really? Who are they?" Seungcheol asked....Jihoon smiled.

"You and......my mom." Jihoon frowned at the thought of her mom.

"Why is that?" Seungcheol asked....suddenly he was curious with what Jihoon had said.

"Well, I don't open up that much...."

"Okay...I'll let you call me that..." Seungcheol said.

"Woozi..."

"Scoups.." After a few seconds, they both laughed at how corny they both are...even though they find it corny, they still loved the fact that they thought of something like that and it happened under the stars...

 

 

"You still remember that?" Seungcheol asked Jihoon. He was amazed at how Jihoon that remembered that.

"Of course I do...I didn't have amnesia, you know." Jihoon said.

Seungcheol smirked at her while doing his work.

"Why are you suddenly smirking?" Jihoon asked.

"Well, you remember everything...." Seungcheol said.

"Yeah, absolutely everything..." Jihoon said starting to feel uncomfortable. She wanted to change the topic but didn't know how. She was never good with transitions.

"I hope nothing has changed the way you remembered it...."Seungcheol bitterly said. He was now tensed with what he was doing. His facial expressions began to change, from soft to hard. It was as if he remembered something bad that had hurt him in the past.

"Yeah, nothing had changed. It was exactly how it is." Jihoon said, trying so hard to hide the bitterness away...she did a lot better than Seungcheol. She had her fair share of bitterness in the past and she chose to simply ignore everything....

"Good." Seungcheol said as he looked at Jihoon in the eyes. His eyes burning with anger, frustrations, bitterness, coldness. Jihoon took everything, every glare that Seungcheol was giving her right now. She didn't know if she deserved it but she chose to accept everything. They both did.

"Yeah, good." Jihoon simply said and went back to her work. They both kept themselves busy, trying to hide the awkwardness away and they were successful at it but there is one thing that didn't fade or vanished it is the tension between the two that was slowly growing every second they were at the room, with each other. It was like a poisonous gas, slowly making it's way into their system, intoxicating them with anger, annoyance and longing....